• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Just show us hidden stats

45 posts in this topic

Posted

PA/Kakao what is the point of some stats being hidden. Just let us see everything i think people would appreciate it.

13 people like this

Posted

It makes it incredible frustrating to explain to someone why gear x is better than gear y as long as the hidden stats remain.

There's plenty of people out there thinking Kzarka is useless cause it has the same ap as Liverto.

3 people like this

Posted

get the code from a bdo private server i already know the formula

Posted

Me Like!

Posted

PA/Kakao what is the point of some stats being hidden. Just let us see everything i think people would appreciate it.

I don't have it, but I did see an interview where they stated that these stats were invisible on purpose to force players to test and discover for themselves what works best.. it sucks but there won't be a change to it.

Posted

I don't have it, but I did see an interview where they stated that these stats were invisible on purpose to force players to test and discover for themselves what works best.. it sucks but there won't be a change to it.

It's just a terrible excuse to be able to make changes without anyone seeing what those changes are, making some kind of illusion that balance issues aren't fixable or whatever the hell they're trying to excuse.

1 person likes this

Posted

I agree.. any person who tells me "Kzarka gives X amount of accuracy whereas Bheg's gloves give X amount" I just roll my eyes because 90% of them heard it from someone who heard it from some guy who claims he saw it on some stream of a guy watching a video of some guy who supposedly data mined the info. Even if it is 100% accurate there is absolutely no way for anyone to  know for certain what the values are, I usually take such comments as rough estimates and move on with my day.

4 people like this

Posted

you mean these?

hUSP0r5.png

Posted (edited)

When koreans started to develop this game they had a staff meeting.

In that meeting they had key problems written on white-board that plage modern online games:

a) Cheats / bots

b) Insane amount of human resources dealing with game and community

c) Game updates and player base fluctuatins

d) "i am bored" and "nothing to do"

e) Unique game

f) RMT sales

---------------------------------------

What they did was. Guys we need to make a game that could be run with max 20 people, game maintaing it self, players providing guides and no stress on support team.

And they did an AWESOME job.

First they cut all RMT and chinese from game by simply removing trade option in game. There are no bots in this game, no hacking, no gold spamming, no account hacking and basically zero problems or tickets to support team.

Then they said everything is hidden .... why? There is no need for explanations about game mechanics ... GMs are "not allowed" to discuss it so FUK the community let them figure it out ... we can even ninja nerf buff what ever we like on live running servers and noone will ever notice if there arent hard numbers behind it to back it up.

100s of tests were made on liverto >< kzarka and ppl are still un-sure what is better lol (after 3 years of game launched).

There is an open world ... there is no caps on anything and endless content and gear gring.

Money wize this is best marketing strategy there is .... limit sales .... you can buy only 3 items is a lot more effective than unlimited sales it generates insane amounts of money for publisher.

LT:DR The list goes on and on. Hidden stats are not some feature for players so you have a hidden content of exploration. Its designed so publisher and game devs have more room for mistakes, silent patching and RNG manipulation. It is the same as asking them to put every pearl item on cash shop for 1 USD.

Edited by Atron
3 people like this

Posted

I think it was desinged so to prevent min-max-ing stats.

Also, the lack of a dps meter should guide you to the same conclusion. Its not a game based on instanced dungeons where you need to provide the best dps after you learn the mechanics. Its  a game focused on other mechanincs. And before you say gear > anything else, imagine a high end fight where ppl kinda have between 500 and 550 gear score. Dps wont mean shit if you cant play your class properly.

But hey, lets put on our tin foil hats and find an incredible reason why things are the way they are.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

LT:DR The list goes on and on. Hidden stats are not some feature for players so you have a hidden content of exploration. Its designed so publisher and game devs have more room for mistakes, silent patching and RNG manipulation. It is the same as asking them to put every pearl item on cash shop for 1 USD.

All of THIS.

It's the easiest way to leave your game broken for 8 months before fixing it.

Because there's no "proof" until 30+ different people do side by side comparisons about how Lv1 Magic Arrow does more damage than level 3 Concentrated Magic Arrow. (But they added the patch to remove Multiple Magic Arrows forced cooldown already, so what's 2 more months without fixing it?)

To then have issues later down the line where the skill was doing too much damage in PVP, and thus nerfed twice around 10/11 months after the games release.

Who would have thought they don't care.

Or how they left Ninja's? Ultimate killing people off of Elephants, inside Hwatchas and Flame Towers for over a month ruining PVP.

Or... Nah. Let's not make this a bashing thread. Too much material.

Edited by Shades

Posted

I think it was desinged so to prevent min-max-ing stats.

Also, the lack of a dps meter should guide you to the same conclusion. Its not a game based on instanced dungeons where you need to provide the best dps after you learn the mechanics. Its  a game focused on other mechanincs. And before you say gear > anything else, imagine a high end fight where ppl kinda have between 500 and 550 gear score. Dps wont mean shit if you cant play your class properly.

But hey, lets put on our tin foil hats and find an incredible reason why things are the way they are.

That's a bunch of hog wash.  There's a zero room for built or setup diversity in game. Find me a top tier PVP guild that don't run Kzarka/Dande or try to get 200+AP.  Once you stack enough AP, any possible nuance that might've existed is completely thrown out the door.

It's quite simple, no info means no accountability.  Perfect for lazy devs.  When virtually every problem you encounter in game could potentially be answered with "RNG is RNG" means there's so much less work to do and littler urgency to fix anything even when it's broken.

Posted

Honestly, i totally agree. We need to see the hidden stats, like accuracy.

1 person likes this

Posted

get the code from a bdo private server i already know the formula

Mind sharing this with us? Or even drop me a PM?

Posted

I started a poll, to see how many people are actually bothered by hidden stats. I just hope we are a lot of them.

Posted

they hid those stats so they can change it anytime without being noticed

even if change is big and people take notice of it, there will be always people who say 'its RNG'

Posted

no more hidden stats! make it real.

Posted

it's a mechanic to seperate good players from plebs.

i like it

Posted

you mean these?

hUSP0r5.png

Wut???

Posted

it's a mechanic to seperate good players from plebs.

i like it

It does no such thing.

Posted (edited)

Wut???

shows the actual stats of what the DP consist of 

like TRI muskan shows up as 67DP but how much evasion? how much actual defense power? we will never know.

Edited by GamePois0n

Posted

shows the actual stats of what the DP consist of 

like TRI muskan shows up as 67DP but how much evasion? how much actual defense power? we will never know.

Unless you can actually show this being the case on something besides horse gear, no, it's a nice theory though.

Posted

Unless you can actually show this being the case on something besides horse gear, no, it's a nice theory though.

There was other gear in KR that stated the same thing. Actually, lots of gear. Armors and jewelry, not horseshoes.

Posted

It does no such thing.

still im just tired of all this community trying to change this game to a modern clone of other mmos.

If u dont like what u get in bdo then it 's just not the right game/genre. There are many ppl who enjoy the game with all it's secrets, since exploring is fun.

Posted

There was other gear in KR that stated the same thing. Actually, lots of gear. Armors and jewelry, not horseshoes.

Screenshots please.

still im just tired of all this community trying to change this game to a modern clone of other mmos.

If u dont like what u get in bdo then it 's just not the right game/genre. There are many ppl who enjoy the game with all it's secrets, since exploring is fun.

This has very, very little to do with the actual gameplay and very much about the confusion of new players being utterly overwhelming as well as developers being able to make changes that we can't see.

We can test our way to an item being worth "x accuracy" anyway, but as long as it's hidden the developers are free to change that value into whatever they please without a second of hesitation essentially rendering your hard earned gear worthless in the blink of an eye. It just adds frustration, not mystery or interesting gameplay.