• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Just show us hidden stats

45 posts in this topic

Posted

shows the actual stats of what the DP consist of 

like TRI muskan shows up as 67DP but how much evasion? how much actual defense power? we will never know.

I don't get the added notes on it.
In the first picture are you implying that DP = Evasion?
Because I am pretty sure they are 2 separate Stats.......

I am pretty sure Hidden Stats are not what you think they are.
Hidden Stats are for example Kzarka "Increased AP, Accuracy"........yes but how much?
It tells you there is an AP and Acc bonus but it doesn't tell you an exact number like for example the first picture in your post where Evasion is +40, hence Not Hidden.

Posted

still im just tired of all this community trying to change this game to a modern clone of other mmos.

If u dont like what u get in bdo then it 's just not the right game/genre. There are many ppl who enjoy the game with all it's secrets, since exploring is fun.

BDO is a good game, but it can be a much better one. Other MMOs have higher player retention rate than BDO. There's been a resurgence of old players coming back to BDO, but it's just a matter of time till they leave again.

Im tired of fanboys with their head stuck in their ass, going "this game is perfect, go play WoW, pleb", thinking they're cool. Yourself included.

BDO is a good game, but it has the potential to be so much more...

Posted

I don't get the added notes on it.In the first picture are you implying that DP = Evasion?

Hidden Stats are for example Kzarka "Increased AP, Accuracy"........yes but how much?
It tells you there is an AP and Acc bonus but it doesn't tell you an exact number like for example the first picture in your post where Evasion is +40, hence Not Hidden.

DP = Evasion + Damage reduction.

Item description was changed a bit for western release, i think. It was more obvious in Korea.

Anyway, for example:

kite-shield : 7DP base. It says 5DR+2Evasion in the description.

Vangertz shield: 4dp -> 2DR+2EVA

Axion shield has 5 DP, and under the item effect it states Evasion +2 & Damage Reduction +3 (5 total).

The Muskan shoes says they have increased Evasion on enhancement, and they get higher DP from enhancements than other shoes.

The Taritas shoes say "Evasion increase" under item effect (assumption that it's 1 Evasion), and they have 1 more DP than the other 1 socket shoes, regardless of enhancement level

Posted

Hidden stats itself is fine feature. But a few things should be fixed:

• Hidden luck must be equalised
  • Damage reduction and evasion must be splitted - this 2 stats are too different to make from it sum as DP

1 person likes this

Posted

I don't get the added notes on it.In the first picture are you implying that DP = Evasion?

Thats where you are wrong, DP is the combination of Damage reduction (defense) AND evasion. they are both a Defensive Points... DP.. see where i want to get at? This also explains for example why Muskans has so much more DP than other boots.. because it's the additionnal Evasion.. which makes sense. What he is trying to get it is that they shod show the ratio of DR/Evasion that the gear has.

Posted (edited)

Its possible that AP works similar and its AP = attack + accuracy

It needs more testing but seems to be true for me...

Its funny because there were older tests that said otherwise, but maybe they changed how AP works along the way? and thats exactly why hidden stats suck. They dont want us to min max, but what does that mean? That we should choose items randomly? We cant even know that a high AP weapon does really more damage than others. For example Kutum does more pve damage than Nouver in the tested scenarios... thats just BS.

Edited by Alexiel

Posted

Its possible that AP works similar and its AP = attack + accuracy

if i go by the DP example RCE will brake the math as 2 ≠ 3

MaxthonSnap20170217115105.thumb.png.bec5

Posted

if i go by the DP example RCE will brake the math as 2 ≠ 3

MaxthonSnap20170217115105.thumb.png.bec5

Its possible that AP works 

Its possible that AP 

Its possible that

Its possible

possible

Posted

Its possible that AP works 

Its possible that AP 

Its possible that

Its possible

possible

O.o triggered much ? is he paying you to defend him or something ?

you know it is still possible the accuracy is not equal to 1, i did not invalidate his point....

some ppl are just stupid i guess...

Posted

O.o triggered much ? is he paying you to defend him or something ?

you know it is still possible the accuracy is not equal to 1, i did not invalidate his point....

some ppl are just stupid i guess...

you are the one who is triggered, i just like to rub it into people's face when they don't seem like they can read.

Posted

haha calm down. yes im aware it doesnt add up on RCE but still, seems like AP gives some accuracy in one way or another.

Posted (edited)

I agree.. any person who tells me "Kzarka gives X amount of accuracy whereas Bheg's gloves give X amount" I just roll my eyes because 90% of them heard it from someone who heard it from some guy who claims he saw it on some stream of a guy watching a video of some guy who supposedly data mined the info. Even if it is 100% accurate there is absolutely no way for anyone to  know for certain what the values are, I usually take such comments as rough estimates and move on with my day.

haha

Edited by Atomics

Posted (edited)

They hide it because if we knew the truth there would be a mass exodus from the game. Back when bdo launched, all character base stats were RNG based once you create your character. The only reason we found out about this was because the health of newly created alts differed and this created an uproar, so PA standardized this visible stat. I have no doubt in my mind other base stats that are hidden are RNG based when you create your char. This includes luck, evasion, accuracy, etc...

Edit: Every time you level, the increse to these hidden stats is also RNG based. We saw that with health. Every time a char leveled it seemed they were gaining random amounts of health and hence the uproar to standardize the stats. But being that most stats are still hidden, they are probably still RNG based.

Edited by Reventon

Posted (edited)

Regarding the theory that assumes DP is a sum of however much an item has DR and Evasion.

So you mean to say Taritas Shoes evasion is just 1 since the Taritas and Zereth sets have the same base DP except for the shoes:
- Zereth Shoes is 3 DP
- Taritas Shoes is 4 DP
meaning that Taritas Shoes is in fact 3 DR + 1 EVA since it says it also increases Evasion. Ok, why not just write +1 Evasion or why even add it if it's just 1.

Also, when it comes Giath Helmet and Griffon's Helmet:
- Giath's Helmet is 4 DP; at +20 it becomes 77 DP
- Griffon's Helmet is 4 DP; at +20 it becomes 77 DP
Another strange thing is how on Griffon's Helmet it says it also gives 3 DR which would be pointless to even write in the item's description if that theory is correct.
Like 77 DP - 3 DR = 74 DP which is 74 DR since it cannot be else other than DR and not EVA, right?

Ask yourself the same thing when it comes to non-boss armour when you make them yellow, their DP increases by 5, however, same strange thing, it also specifies it gives +2 DR just like on Griffon's Helmet, why?

Edited by Code

Posted

Hidden stats give the developers a massive grey area of wiggle room to avoid dealing with balance and other item-related issues.

Posted

Regarding the theory that assumes DP is a sum of however much an item has DR and Evasion.

So you mean to say Taritas Shoes evasion is just 1 since the Taritas and Zereth sets have the same base DP except for the shoes:
- Zereth Shoes is 3 DP
- Taritas Shoes is 4 DP
meaning that Taritas Shoes is in fact 3 DR + 1 EVA since it says it also increases Evasion. Ok, why not just write +1 Evasion or why even add it if it's just 1.

Also, when it comes Giath Helmet and Griffon's Helmet:
- Giath's Helmet is 4 DP; at +20 it becomes 77 DP
- Griffon's Helmet is 4 DP; at +20 it becomes 77 DP
Another strange thing is how on Griffon's Helmet it says it also gives 3 DR which would be pointless to even write in the item's description if that theory is correct.
Like 77 DP - 3 DR = 74 DP which is 74 DR since it cannot be else other than DR and not EVA, right?

Ask yourself the same thing when it comes to non-boss armour when you make them yellow, their DP increases by 5, however, same strange thing, it also specifies it gives +2 DR just like on Griffon's Helmet, why?

Shoes are 100% evasion. Taritas 4dp = 4 evasion.

Posted

Shoes are 100% evasion. Taritas 4dp = 4 evasion.

9_9

Posted (edited)

Hidden stats give the developers a massive grey area of wiggle room to avoid dealing with balance and other item-related issues.

Well that is lazy if it is like that

Honestly, i totally agree. We need to see the hidden stats, like accuracy.

:D

Edited by Atomics