• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Admit that the game needs a level hard cap

152 posts in this topic

Posted

Gear in this game is fine.  You can work the enchanting system or do literally anything that you wish in the game to eventually have the best gear.  Wanna grind, that works.  Wanna do bosses, that works.  Wanna life skill, that works. It's a great system. Max gear takes a long time to get and lots of dedication, and you can get there by playing exactly how you want.

Leveling though... not having a hard cap is disastrous.  PvP, the entire endgame of BDO, is locked behind the fact that you have to spend hundreds (literally) of active hours grinding the exact same boring mobs, sausans or pirates.  Did lots of life skilling for several months which you really enjoyed and now finally have full Tri or Tet gear? Nope doesn't matter cause you haven't put in the hundreds of hours facerolling boring enemies in a circle...

Getting from 55 to 60 should require the exact same xp for every level, and then once your character gets to 60 that should be it until they raise the level cap. Locking endgame PvP behind needing good gear is fine, especially when there are so many different ways to get that gear.  Locking it behind levels that require you to do a single tedious thing for literally hundreds and hundreds of active hours is going to do nothing but lose you players.

13 people like this

Posted

nope, the game is suppose to be endless, just like 300ap is not possible and level 100 is not possible.

and yes, the hard cap is at 100.

10 people like this

Posted (edited)

I agree, although I don't see this ever changing. I'm in the same boat, hit 57 and I love pvp and the combat... but the brain dead endless hours of grinding has me ready to jump ship as soon as another good game is released. Every other aspect of this game is amazing, I just don't have the drive to be competitive in that respect. I respect all opinions on the game though, just because it's not my cup of tea doesn't mean it's that way for all.. just means it's not the game for me a the end of the day.

Edited by Kendrox
Spell check.
2 people like this

Posted

There is a level hard cap, its level 62

are you complaining cause youre not good enough to hit the cap? 

5 people like this

Posted

Gear in this game is fine.  You can work the enchanting system or do literally anything that you wish in the game to eventually have the best gear.  Wanna grind, that works.  Wanna do bosses, that works.  Wanna life skill, that works. It's a great system. Max gear takes a long time to get and lots of dedication, and you can get there by playing exactly how you want.

Leveling though... not having a hard cap is disastrous.  PvP, the entire endgame of BDO, is locked behind the fact that you have to spend hundreds (literally) of active hours grinding the exact same boring mobs, sausans or pirates.  Did lots of life skilling for several months which you really enjoyed and now finally have full Tri or Tet gear? Nope doesn't matter cause you haven't put in the hundreds of hours facerolling boring enemies in a circle...

Getting from 55 to 60 should require the exact same xp for every level, and then once your character gets to 60 that should be it until they raise the level cap. Locking endgame PvP behind needing good gear is fine, especially when there are so many different ways to get that gear.  Locking it behind levels that require you to do a single tedious thing for literally hundreds and hundreds of active hours is going to do nothing but lose you players.

There is a hard cap level 62.

Soft cap is 56.

I am tired of hearing you cry and complaining about you not having time to play.... that is not other peoples problems.  That is your problem.

11 people like this

Posted

lvl 60 is really easy to get 

levels don't give you hidden stats, only higher skill ranks, most classes get everything by lvl 60 ,  lvl 61 is a very small improvement 

Posted

levels don't give you hidden stats, only higher skill ranks, most classes get everything by lvl 60 ,  lvl 61 is a very small improvement 

they do however increase hit chance greatly, a lvl 56 will have one hell of a time fighting a lvl 60 even if they have the same gear.. it's not impossible to win with skill, but it is more difficult. Saying lvl 60 is really easy to get is subjective and opinion based.. for a fair amount of us grinding every day kills the game and makes it a chore to play which can really suck for someone who loves pvp, but doesn't have the time or patience to do the same circle of mobs for more than an hour or two. In the end no one can argue against someone who doesn't enjoy that part of the game just as we can't argue against people who do enjoy it, or are willing to do it.

These kind of threads are pointless in the sense that it will neither create change nor understanding. You'll always get replies from those who have done the grind stating "It's easy" or "Just do it and shut up" then you'll have those who can't or won't that agree..  regardless of which side you land on neither of them are wrong.

Posted (edited)

Didn't convince me. I prefer it the way it is now. And i have two 60's. It's not difficult it's not even that time consuming. You can literally schedule it for certain hours out of each day and get there by a guaranteed time. EXP is steady and constant. I never hear anything useful or progressive in these threads all i hear is.

"I don't have time to do what you do therefor it should be easier for me" .

Also you said locking it behind gear is fine. But locking it behind levels is not. I find it ironic you say this.

Because with your own logic this is an oxymoron. Because getting good gear is RNG whilst leveling is guaranteed.

Or as some people will read it " What? You think pvp behind a wall of the highest rng is fine but a fair leveling system

where they are constantly shoving double exp down our throat for weekends + daily + under 50 + the new channels.. No thats just.. Unfair.

Edited by Freeway
9 people like this

Posted

Didn't convince me. I prefer it the way it is now. And i have two 60's. It's not difficult it's not even that time consuming. You can literally schedule it for certain hours out of each day and get there by a guaranteed time. EXP is steady and constant. I never hear anything useful or progressive in these threads all i hear is.

"I don't have time to do what you do therefor it should be easier for me" .

Also you said locking it behind gear is fine. But locking it behind levels is not. I find it ironic you say this.

Because with your own logic this is an oxymoron. Because getting good gear is RNG whilst leveling is guaranteed.

Or as some people will read it " What? You think pvp behind a wall of the highest rng is fine but a fair leveling system

where they are constantly shoving double exp down our throat for weekends + daily + under 50 + the new channels.. No thats just.. Unfair.

I don't deny your points whatsoever, I just feel that many of the people who do these things are sitting in the same boat as myself. This game is half my wet dream mixed in with my worst nightmare at the same time and it leaves people feeling a certain way that they aren't used to. I've never had a combat system that I've loved as much as this one, however I've hated grinds since I first played a game with a heavy grind mechanic. People who come up with these threads aren't hurting or bothering anyone for the simple fact that they will go no where. The Dev's of this game came up with the system that is in place and won't be changing it to suit the likes of some people who can't handle the game as intended  (Myself included). Just gotta let these threads go and let people vent, even if it isn't productive.

Posted

they do however increase hit chance greatly, a lvl 56 will have one hell of a time fighting a lvl 60 even if they have the same gear.. it's not impossible to win with skill, but it is more difficult. 

source? 

bullshit claim 

Posted

Rofl it's true and you're being ignorant to the facts of the game. Fight someone with a significant lvl advantage on you and have them take off their armor giving them a horrendous DP and see if they don't still whoop your ass. I've done the test within my own guild having someone who was lvl 60 take off their armor *Taking away evasion* and my damage is still low due to the fact that the accuracy needed to hit them is greater. I don't need to source some interview or thread to prove it, just test it yourself and you'll see.

Posted

The hardcap is 100. Prove me wrong, get to 101.

Posted (edited)

Rofl it's true and you're being ignorant to the facts of the game. Fight someone with a significant lvl advantage on you and have them take off their armor giving them a horrendous DP and see if they don't still whoop your ass. I've done the test within my own guild having someone who was lvl 60 take off their armor *Taking away evasion* and my damage is still low due to the fact that the accuracy needed to hit them is greater. I don't need to source some interview or thread to prove it, just test it yourself and you'll see.

And this is why I parrot post awakening as the level they should unlock forced flag PvP.
Running around spots like Desert Naga Temple at 49 just to watch whole groups of people try and attack me is entertaining but I'd rather do it at 56 so I can attack the NPCs too.

Edited by Ioci

Posted

And this is why I parrot post awakening as the level they should unlock forced flag PvP.Running around spots like Desert Naga Temple at 49 just to watch whole groups of people try and attack me is entertaining but I'd rather do it at 56 so I can attack the NPCs too.

That would be interesting however it would be slightly counter productive as you'd have little shits at 55 stealing sausan rotations and being unable to get flagged on, the game's variety of mobs for exp is too low to increase the forced pvp lvl.

1 person likes this

Posted

The hardcap is 100. Prove me wrong, get to 101.

Get to 62, before the next area comes out that gives better exp.

It wont happen, considering its kamaslive and thats coming next month or so.

Posted

There is a level hard cap, its level 62

are you complaining cause youre not good enough to hit the cap? 

Don't delude yourself, hitting cap takes absolutely 0 skill.  It takes having no life, something I think you must have in abundance.

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

Get to 62, before the next area comes out that gives better exp.
It wont happen, considering its kamaslive and thats coming next month or so.

We have one person on NA whom is 61.92 :D 

Edited by Catclaw

Posted

Maybe for a high school or college kid with no social life...

3 people like this

Posted

Maybe for a high school or college kid with no social life...

you're pathetic

you could've been lvl 60 by grinding 20 minutes a day if u played the game since release

6 people like this

Posted

and then once your character gets to 60 that should be it until they raise the level cap.

Nop. Level cap is 60 realisticly .... for "no-lifing" the game is 61. Level caps like you explain are comming from WOW. This isn't wow.

Getting from 55 to 60 should require the exact same xp for every level.

No again. Level is also an acomplishement in this game. If you are 61 shows your dedication to game and to your class and not rerolling every other week or having multiple "mains". Again WOW mentality and this isn't wow.

Locking endgame PvP behind needing good gear is fine, especially when there are so many different ways to get that gear.  Locking it behind levels that require you to do a single tedious thing for literally hundreds and hundreds of active hours is going to do nothing but lose you players.

Not true ... if you can not dedicate few hours per day gniding then this clearly is not a game for you. Sorry to say it but if you imagine comming to BDO every week on saturday for 3h grind session do some PVP and log off and go play something else that sorry mate go find some them park game (wow).

PVP with people your own level and don't try to engage with high level players.

3 people like this

Posted

And this is why I parrot post awakening as the level they should unlock forced flag PvP.Running around spots like Desert Naga Temple at 49 just to watch whole groups of people try and attack me is entertaining but I'd rather do it at 56 so I can attack the NPCs too.

That would be interesting however it would be slightly counter productive as you'd have little shits at 55 stealing sausan rotations and being unable to get flagged on, the game's variety of mobs for exp is too low to increase the forced pvp lvl.

This is a theory crafted debate as it has never been done.

There was another game that had exponential leveling requirements, no quests with experience and an no dungeons, all over world grind to level. It also used grind parties to get people higher level and it didn't have any PvP option in it. I don't know if it's the game BDO wants to be associated with but FF14 1.00 worked a lot like BDO leveling.

Posted

just wait till soft cap raises for next region. Just like 50 was old cap. I stopped at 57, I can beat level 60 characters still......not all the time but I can do it even with just 147ap

1 person likes this

Posted

just wait till soft cap raises for next region. Just like 50 was old cap. I stopped at 57, I can beat level 60 characters still......not all the time but I can do it even with just 147ap

yes 1v1, dont need that much gear and ap. gvg is where it's at.

and no, the level cap have not been raised in KR so I doubt we gonna get ours raised anytime soon. matter of a fact, in the patch note it will actually tell you the new region will be for players 58 or above and even then it requires you be in a group.

Posted

no

Posted

Gear in this game aint fine... Degrading RNG gear progression is biggest cancer ever introduced to gaming...

Unlimited levels? No problem... It just means person invested more time than you... He deserves to have some advantage...

RNG gear? Bullshit... You can invest bilions and thousands of hours and be stuck at DUO, while some asshole just accidentaly clicks twice and gets full TET... Bullshit...

Level progression is good... Gear progression is what sucks...

3 people like this