• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Admit that the game needs a level hard cap

152 posts in this topic

Posted

People who say level 60 is easy has no idea about the game. OPEn the Server ranking. What we got? 32 channels. i never found a channel where all are 60+ so 30 are listed, 30 x32 = 960

You are actually claiming a fact isn't a fact. Considering it does not take skill. Only mindless repetition for hours and hours. it is the epitome of easy.
i'v never heard of  an assembly line worker saying it's "challenging work"  

Posted

you're pathetic

you could've been lvl 60 by grinding 20 minutes a day if u played the game since release

So 20 minutes a day for almost a year... thanks for proving my point college kid with no social life.

Posted

So 20 minutes a day for almost a year... thanks for proving my point college kid with no social life.

if you don't have 20 min to spare by day for entertainment, I'll suggest to either :

• ask for a raise
  • better working conditions
  • change job, they are killing you by it

Posted

i think that's do able and still maintain a social life, i mean it's just 20 minutes. unless you're packing like 15-18 units and have a job, and have other responsibilities 

Posted

no....no it doesn't.  learn to share.

Posted

if you don't have 20 min to spare by day for entertainment, I'll suggest to either :

• ask for a raise
  • better working conditions
  • change job, they are killing you by it

i think that's do able and still maintain a social life, i mean it's just 20 minutes. unless you're packing like 15-18 units and have a job, and have other responsibilities 

There is no situation where having to kill boring NPCs in an MMO for a year just to be competitive in PvP is acceptable.  It's the reason so many people left after a couple of months, it's the reason why everyone is going to leave again after their Olvia time is up, and it's the reason people are going to stay gone after a newer MMO comes out.

People like Flemtard over here obviously have plenty of spare time to waste on Pirates and Sausans so that he's tricked into thinking he's good.  Most people won't put up with that from an MMO.

The gear system is great, the leveling system is broken as hell and will force people out.

Posted

People like Flemtard over here obviously have plenty of spare time to waste on Pirates and Sausans so that he's tricked into thinking he's good.  Most people won't put up with that from an MMO.

Don't include me in it, I'm a life skiller, so most of my time used is afk...

Posted

L56 is the small soft cap (very easy to get it).

L59 is the soft cap.

L60 is reacheable but need some grinding (but it's not hard)

L61 is a very hard cap and it's optionnal to be efficient.

Numbers (my experience) :

• 55->56 : about 4-6 hours (sausan)
  • 56-57 & 57-58 : don't remember :/
  • 58->59 : about 40-60 hours (pirates)
  • 59->60 : about 140 hours (crescent, not best spot) (0.6%/hours in week | 1%/hours in week-end)
  • 60->61 : about 300-400 hours (Pila Ku Jail) (I'm currently 60.28, I stop grinding since weeks, but I calculated 1%/3-4hours in normal condition)

Level 60 is a must have for PvP. All classes unlock skills levels (2 or more). It's easilly reacheable, but need some work.

Level 61 is actually just for glory, it needs spending hours in grinding, to get one skill level.

If you are level 60 you can do everything for now in this game.

Posted

I feel what you're saying but its alot easier to level now than it ever was before. 

If anything I'd rather go the route of more mob diversity / making mobs more worthwhile to grind to make it a bit less monotonous. Either way nothin will change... What happens in KR is 98% of whats coming to us. 

Posted

I actually agree completely.

Getting to 61 is absolutely absurd and going past that I can't even imagine.  Yet, the XP bar and % is constantly staring me in the face.  Saying GO GRIND NOOB.  It's boring but ----- YOU, go do it.  I HATE that system.

Gearing on the other hand is a much more enjoyable and rewarding system.  I'm not constantly reminded I need to upgrade my gear.  I feel adequate as it is, but I can upgrade as I go along  (fail stacking is a horrible game mechanic but that's a completely different topic).  For the most part you are allowed to gear by doing what you want to do AND more importantly by doing a variety of things.  Grinding is literally running around in circles like a zombie.

People who hate the gearing system because it has RNG like.. okay first of all it doesn't have RNG if you don't want it to.  You can just buy the gear.  Second of all, do you really want everyone running around in full PEN after a month?

Here's why gearing RNG is complete non-issue in my opinion and it's because of diminishing returns.  Getting to full TRI is easy.  Getting to full TET with tri accessories is what most people would considered fully geared.  This is an ACHIEVABLE end-game goal that will take a few months of play (don't talk to me about how you have been playing the game since launch and you are level 57 with +15 grunil, obviously you aren't playing the game correctly).  Anything PAST full tet + tri accessories IS ABSURDLY DIFFICULT TO GET.  VERY VERY HARD.  Yet the bonus for going past this is like a 5% edge in PvP at most.  So who cares?

Posted

There is a level hard cap, its level 62

are you complaining cause youre not good enough to hit the cap? 

Define *good*.
Most of us have lots of skill, PVE and PVP exp in many, many different MMOs. And you? You run in circles 24/7 killing the same 50 mobs over and over and over again. You call yourself good? Nope, p
athetic is what you are, mostly because it has turned you into an online troll ahole and not because you run in circles like a headless chicken ofc (we all gotta do it to lvl, but we don't call it *skill* or *being good*) ...

Posted

Define *good*.Most of us have lots of skill, PVE and PVP exp in many, many different MMOs. And you? You run in circles 24/7 killing the same 50 mobs over and over and over again. You call yourself good? Nope, pathetic is what you are, mostly because it has turned you into an online troll ahole and not because you run in circles like a headless chicken ofc (we all gotta do it to lvl, but we don't call it *skill* or *being good*) ...

more salt because someone doesn't have what it takes to do something so simple as to grind out lvl 61 and 62

Posted

more salt because someone doesn't have what it takes to do something so simple as to grind out lvl 61 and 62

Most of us have a job and responsibilities, dumbass kid!

Posted

so do i , actually work 10-12 hours / day 

i'm at this very moment 60.83 

seems like you are just a salty old man 

Posted (edited)

its not like you automatically become a pvp god at lvl 60, usually players at lvl 60 have much better gear than a lvl 58 for example, i believe this plays an even bigger role than getting one higher skill lvl. Also leveling became easier over time. What people who played since start grinded in almost 1 year, can probably be done in 3 months now playing the same time per day.

Edited by Alexiel
1 person likes this

Posted

2k17 and people still believe that each level has more hidden stats lol. Well, I guess you guys will learn once you hit atleast 61.

Posted (edited)

The soft cap is the absolute best thing about the game. 

Hard cap is proven broken by WoW, etc.

Then maybe you shouldn't be playing a dumbass video game and focus on mowing your lawn.

Edited by Lethality

Posted

Keep the game as is - I will never get above 57 till the soft cap is raised, but the people who do and have the time, that's fair (they put the effort in)

What I would like to see is a PVP option with 'normalising' - so irrelevant of gear, two people can opt to duke it out purely based on just skill and class whenever they want.

then if the higher level player gets killed, they could just turn that option off and slaughter them lol 

More options make a game better, removing options doesn't. 

Posted

This  is one salty discussion we got in here lol.

Posted

I don't think the level needs a hard cap as much as I think accuracy needs an overhaul. I was floored the first time I heard how big of a different 3 levels could make in your ability to hit an opponent. I kept thinking "infinite levels is a great idea! Each level is a little boost in stats so that hardcore players have something that isn't game breaking to work on!" Then I came to find out that fighting someone 3 levels higher than you, all other stats equal, would be suicide. 

Even if other stats need to get more of a boost per level to make it worth it, they really need to reconsider the way accuracy is handled in this game 

Posted

I would rather have a sharper difference between levels you're suppose to attain and levels that are beyond what is expected. If it were really easy to get to 58 and then suddenly a 10 times difference, it would set a fairly balanced playing field.

The difference between 57-58 is roughly 20% more damage from skills and skill-addons. That's significant, but very slow to obtain for new players. At my current rate it'll be over a month to reach lv58 and the point where I will feel quite competitive in node wars having unlocked most of the important skill combos.

Using the 30 minute 200% exp buff on Olvia at night, these are my exp gains:

At 56, about 5% per day.

At 57, about 3% per day.

This will drop down to about 2% once I am barred from reaching the Olvia channel.

That's more or less the maximum amount of time I grind per day, and not even every day. I use my time for gathering, guild missions, boating, exploring, questing, crafting, enhancing gear, duelling. I don't even have time to play alts. It's certainly easy to run around in circles doing the same 4 attacks, but it's not very fun so I can't be bothered for more than 30 mins a day. The fun part is the pvp that I'm trying to reach.

Unlike most competitive games, BDO doesn't force ranks so it's impossible to "play against opponents at your level". There's no matchmaking. There's guild rankings that limit you to certain level nodes. If they were to implement some type of match making or limited ranks for pvp, I would be a lot happier just sitting at lv57. It works for every single competitive game and doesn't "destroy" it, so I don't see why it can't be implemented here.

Limited RBF was a great idea. Just needs more ranks.

Posted

I dont think playing 20 minutes it's the problem lol. It's the full "year" thing that makes people mad.

Take someone that starts playing today or recently. Think they want to wait an entire year before unlocking full awakening power?

They're likely not even playing the game a year from now.

I dont have issues with the level soft cap personally tho. It's nice in a way. In most games I reach hard cap in a month, farm some gear, than get bored.

But I'm also able to play 20+ hours a week, because no kids or time-consuming responsibilities that comes with having a family. I only have to go to work and can do(almost) whatever I want with my spare time.

The second me and my partner decides gets kids, house and car, the full deal, I for sure wont have time to keep up in this game. So I do get why people with family+job complain about the game being to grindy. 

Posted

Right you think top guilds want me? I don't have photoshop skills to change my ap for extra 130 and dp extra 150. And even if I got recruited by luck I wouldn't want to be there carried because everyone is outgearing me.

I need as casual player grind about 8-months to event try. And this means 8-months with no pvp. I need watch tv and grind same stupid mobs over and over.

If pvp game doesn't have equal playing field it's not competive. Imagine in wow tournament team winning 120 000 only because they had better gear. Makes no sense. 

then do t1 or t2 nodes with other casual guilds and still get same or more money other top guilds get too, and then if ur in the right guild u get weekly payouts (as minimum) where u earn money. And sometimes the reward is the experience, and fulfilling any of the roles needed in nodewar is fun, as its all part of the end goal.

Posted

Whilst i am shocked your response wasn't of hatred of an opposing opinion to which i respect you for. i still disagree,i find actually threads like this do harm the community. the more threads geared towards strongly disagreeing with or complaining about a key feature of the game drive new players away just as much as quitting threads do. it's a common practice when moving to a new game to check the forums for "quit threads" or "complain" threads to create a opinion before even trying the game. many of those opinions form to never try the game based on the forums content. so yes threads like this cause harm to the influx of new players.

While it is important to have critical thinking and open discourse there is also poisoning the well so to speak.

You should sit down with the developers and bash a few of these ideas into their thick skulls.  They created both the Exp Curve tables and a 1-2% exp loss.  It's expected now to bottle EVERY SINGLE DEATH 59+++, but imagine just how bad their idea was to put a 1% PVP death into the game.  Totally destructive and damaging game sales.

They also created the AP/DP system which for PVP is a complete disaster.

I suspect foul play though as much as ignorance.  Cash shop > Good Game Design.........sadly.

Posted

we all do, i work 10hours per day, still not stopping me from chasing the 62 cap