• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

The Truth Hurts

37 posts in this topic

Posted

So i guess a little background ive been following this game since Korean alphas have been in love with it ever since. Recently i went and played the JP version with a couple friends and we had alot of fun playing together. But ever since then ive been on the reddit and the fourms and ive seen alot of the worries and problems with the KR,JP, and RU versions of the game ( p2w,potions in PVP, etc) and im honestly scared about the NA/EU versions of the game. ive been hyping this game really hard and ive seen alot of the patterens with the previous MMOs and how they all fall to horrible business practices and bad publishers. i just dont want BDO to fall to the same thing because i really do want to play this game for a very long time and keep playing it years after release. But the way things are going i guess im not to sure that the game we all want is the game were going to get i saw a reddit post that im going to quote and it kinda expains what i mean.

" Another problem I see is that while KR and JP has a lot of different alternatives for MMOs, US is seen as a place that has little mmo and a LOT of impatient gamers (meaning, less competition for customers)

Right now, I suspect DAUM to be trying to make NA into a cashcow and let the game slowly die out, like RaiderZ or Dragons Prophet and of course, Trion's Archeage.

For a sandbox game, playerbase is EVERYTHING. What DAUM should be doing is promoting more players to come in early and building up that crucial playerbase for the community to sustain themselves later in the years.

The fact DAUM is NOT doing that, tells me that they are just trying to milk this game for fast cash and then either going to slowly make it more cash based (like maplestory slowly transitioning from a large free playerbase to a small dedicated whale playerbase). So instead of a large amount of people spending 20 or 50, you have people spending 500-1000$ to gear themselves and be competitive. "

Seishikin on reddit 

it just scares me because honestly this looks like exactly whats going on and honestly if this is the truth then the truth hurts. 

hopefully DAUM and Pearl Abyss do the right thing and make a game for the player and not one that milks the player dry

5 people like this

Posted

they cant be another Trion, because ppl will leave even earlier...nothing to milk. people wont make the same mistake twice, trust me. 

If they add a cash shop with cosmetic things, ppl will buy them. 

I will bring 10-15 ppl to the game and we will all leave if its a p2w game on release. 

1 person likes this

Posted

First how can you objectively look at the game and say it will become a cashcow. It's funny how players keep saying not to allow cash shop items on market but others who are the same players saying if they do not allow it, it will take away from if players get tired of the item. You can not have both worlds. At the same time a lot has been brought up because when the game was released it was a traditional eastern game with the grind. A lot of players left the current western market because all of the games became to casual and we liked how the original cbt1 was but wanted minor tweaks. KR version was then made for casauls which players did not like followed by IP block rumors. When the core EU and NA players were asked what we would like to see in our version it was then Daum understood most players wanted the grind back. Then they had players come in from twitch and god knows how many other streamers come and want to change the game even furtger. So right now no one knows how the game will turn out and were left with more questions then answers at the moment. But they said some questions will be answered tomorrow seeing how 57% of the forum is waiting to hear answers.

1 person likes this

Posted

they cant be another Trion, because ppl will leave even earlier...nothing to milk. people wont make the same mistake twice, trust me. 

I will bring 10-15 ppl to the game and we will all leave if its a p2w game on release. 

But by that time they've already got your and your 10-15 friends money. That's say at a minimum of $200 or €200 per smaller community (you and your friends). If a lot of people do the same as you are they've right there got thousands with only some of the players leaving as the rest would already be invested by the initial purchase. That math is done with the base cost of the game being $20 or €20 not 40/60 which they could charge people.

Of course that's just the initial purchase, those who'll stay may also use those cash shop (microtransactions) items and become more invested in the world. Those users the "whales" if you will could eventually spend thousands. It's very easy to milk a B2P product, it all depends on game design and how harsh their prices are. So yes some reasurance would be nice.

First how can you objectively look at the game and say it will become a cashcow. It's funny how players keep saying not to allow cash shop items on market but others who are the same players saying if they do not allow it, it will take away from if players get tired of the item. You can not have both worlds. At the same time a lot has been brought up because when the game was released it was a traditional eastern game with the grind. A lot of players left the current western market because all of the games became to casual and we liked how the original cbt1 was but wanted minor tweaks. KR version was then made for casauls which players did not like followed by IP block rumors. When the core EU and NA players were asked what we would like to see in our version it was then Daum understood most players wanted the grind back. Then they had players come in from twitch and god knows how many other streamers come and want to change the game even furtger. So right now no one knows how the game will turn out and were left with more questions then answers at the moment. But they said some questions will be answered tomorrow seeing how 57% of the forum is waiting to hear answers.

Great we'll finally get some answers, do you know when/where the publishers will post them?

Posted

@TIBS: and you have no idea how much they've payed for IP, how much they have to give monthly from cash shop back to original IP owner and so on. They need more then 6m to milk...and nobody will stay for that long...

I think we can relax a bit...until its time to be pissed off.

Posted (edited)

So i guess a little background ive been following this game since Korean alphas have been in love with it ever since. Recently i went and played the JP version with a couple friends and we had alot of fun playing together. But ever since then ive been on the reddit and the fourms and ive seen alot of the worries and problems with the KR,JP, and RU versions of the game ( p2w,potions in PVP, etc) and im honestly scared about the NA/EU versions of the game. ive been hyping this game really hard and ive seen alot of the patterens with the previous MMOs and how they all fall to horrible business practices and bad publishers. i just dont want BDO to fall to the same thing because i really do want to play this game for a very long time and keep playing it years after release. But the way things are going i guess im not to sure that the game we all want is the game were going to get i saw a reddit post that im going to quote and it kinda expains what i mean.

" Another problem I see is that while KR and JP has a lot of different alternatives for MMOs, US is seen as a place that has little mmo and a LOT of impatient gamers (meaning, less competition for customers)

Right now, I suspect DAUM to be trying to make NA into a cashcow and let the game slowly die out, like RaiderZ or Dragons Prophet and of course, Trion's Archeage.

For a sandbox game, playerbase is EVERYTHING. What DAUM should be doing is promoting more players to come in early and building up that crucial playerbase for the community to sustain themselves later in the years.

The fact DAUM is NOT doing that, tells me that they are just trying to milk this game for fast cash and then either going to slowly make it more cash based (like maplestory slowly transitioning from a large free playerbase to a small dedicated whale playerbase). So instead of a large amount of people spending 20 or 50, you have people spending 500-1000$ to gear themselves and be competitive. "

Seishikin on reddit 

it just scares me because honestly this looks like exactly whats going on and honestly if this is the truth then the truth hurts. 

hopefully DAUM and Pearl Abyss do the right thing and make a game for the player and not one that milks the player dry

can u ppl stop with this panic/assumption bullshit? Can u give the CMs on the forum and the devs lil bit time before u judge? (if this is about purchasing packs - then fking wait)

It starts to be anoying to read all this "APOCALYPTIC" scenarios about how this game is goin to be p2w and bad and other bullshit..

Srsly man, chill the fuck out and wait for friday atleast: 
http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/1241-interview-with-pm_belsazar/

Geeez... 200.gif

Edited by Hellseesyou
6 people like this

Posted (edited)

But by that time they've already got your and your 10-15 friends money. That's say at a minimum of $200 or €200 per smaller community (you and your friends). If a lot of people do the same as you are they've right there got thousands with only some of the players leaving as the rest would already be invested by the initial purchase. That math is done with the base cost of the game being $20 or €20 not 40/60 which they could charge people.

Of course that's just the initial purchase, those who'll stay may also use those cash shop (microtransactions) items and become more invested in the world. Those users the "whales" if you will could eventually spend thousands. It's very easy to milk a B2P product, it all depends on game design and how harsh their prices are. So yes some reasurance would be nice.

Great we'll finally get some answers, do you know when/where the publishers will post them?

Read the freaking post from CM and u will now when uget your answer...srsly ppl, read the shit up. 

:

Dear players,

We would like to thank everyone for their huge interest in Black Desert Online and a big 'thanks' also to everyone who had the chance to participate in the Alpha test and provided their feedback, which we are discussing with the developers. Needless to say that we are grateful for everyone who supports us with their interest in the pre-order packages.

However, every news brings up new questions, and we are aware that there are tons of open questions right now floating everywhere in the forum.

So we would like to give you the opportunity to fire your questions at us and we will do our best to reply to them as detailed as possible at this early stage. Please keep in mind though, that we might not be able to answer all your questions in as much detail as you'd like to see, as many details are currently in an adjustment stage and can't be disclosed.

Long story short:

• Please post your question in this thread in the following format:

<Q> This is my question and my format will make things easier for the one replying, isn't that great?
    <A> 

• This thread will be closed Friday 20.11.2015 at 08:00 UTC

• Answers will be posted latest by end of Friday 20.11.2015

Again, we will do our best to answer all relevant questions, but we may have to answer with "429_9 on some inquiries from your side, as many things are still not possible to disclose (e.g. exact launching date). 

Thank you for participating.

Best regards

Black Desert Online Team

Edited by Hellseesyou

Posted

Y1EbFxg.gif

congrats m8, you discovered their evil plan to sell us overpriced skins, now let me have sum fun with my money plz

throwing-money.gif

4 people like this

Posted

congrats m8, you discovered their evil plan to sell us overpriced skins, now let me have sum fun with my money plz

throwing-money.gif

MUST THROW MORE MONEY OUT THE WINDOW FOR THIS GAME! DAUM WHY WON'T YOU TAKE MY MONEY FASTER!!!!~!!!!

1 person likes this

Posted

Agreed, I for one will not hang around if the cash shop is even remotely P2W like Archeage, however this is a B2P game not F2P so there's no reason it should be and if it is sadly BDO will be done before it's even launched.

So I'm patiently waiting to see what will be posted on Friday in the Q&A.

Posted

MUST THROW MORE MONEY OUT THE WINDOW FOR THIS GAME! DAUM WHY WON'T YOU TAKE MY MONEY FASTER!!!!~!!!!

564e400a3ffb2_Sin_ttulo3.thumb.png.de501

Posted

It's already a P2W like ArcheAge in KR/JP/RU: you can turn cash into in-game money. And gear levels means huge differences in stats. Unless that won't be the same in the western release...

Posted

@TIBS: and you have no idea how much they've payed for IP, how much they have to give monthly from cash shop back to original IP owner and so on. They need more then 6m to milk...and nobody will stay for that long...

I think we can relax a bit...until its time to be pissed off.

A publisher doesn't care about the developers or the game itself; all that concerns the publisher is money. That can be seen already in other versions of the game, I and others are just really hopeing that it doesn't happen here. If you don't belive me go and take a look on other forums and/or play the game yourself on other servers. To make matters worse because it's in the B2P model it makes it easier for the publisher to get at our wallets due to consumer psychology.

Read the freaking post from CM and u will now when uget your answer...srsly ppl, read the shit up. 

No need to be a jackass about it, I asked a simple question. Or can't people do that on forums now?

Overall though I can't wait to get official responses on the questions people are asking. This game has a lot of potential, I don't want it to be ruined by it's publishers. I know by all account Daum was/is hiring Western gaming "veterans", but that doesn't mean much when you see the state of MMO titles in the West.

Posted

yeah but thats jp,kr,ru, we dont know what na,eu has instore, they did say that western cash shop would be vanity items only, but we still dont know if that will be true or not, we need to stop being paranoid lol

Posted

Overall though I can't wait to get official responses on the questions people are asking. This game has a lot of potential, I don't want it to be ruined by it's publishers. I know by all account Daum was/is hiring Western gaming "veterans", but that doesn't mean much when you see the state of MMO titles in the West.

I said the same thing about ArcheAge.... such a pretty game - Such a waste of a sponsorship from Alienware/Dell to play it instead of continuing with my sponsor ROFL

Shaved_Haley.thumb.png.b80183bf8fe0b5609 Now I kinda feel like this  (Stan is Trino)

Posted

yeah but thats jp,kr,ru, we dont know what na,eu has instore, they did say that western cash shop would be vanity items only, but we still dont know if that will be true or not, we need to stop being paranoid lol

They said vanity and convenience items. Convenience is a really broad term and many of them could tread into what some people consider p2w.

1 person likes this

Posted

I said the same thing about ArcheAge.... such a pretty game - Such a waste of a sponsorship from Alienware/Dell to play it instead of continuing with my sponsor ROFL

Shaved_Haley.thumb.png.b80183bf8fe0b5609 Now I kinda feel like this  (Stan is Trino)

I got burnt by ArchAge too, I put so many hours into my character and guild only to see everything ruined by that publisher. Still if we all work together we can Hope that the game will be the best Sandbox MMORPG to date. Great now I'm starting to sound like an anime character:

tumblr_muqnbnVdmH1sp5v2fo1_1381887636_co

Posted (edited)

Honestly, I'm not flinching - I'm going to build another Guild here and enjoy my time I do spend playing while I have the next 3 years left of Nursing School lol *EDIT: or more*

Edited by Dutch

Posted

Oke u talk about p2W go see WArtune or go see swordsman xDDDDDDDDDDD And guess what in swordsman with 0 money invested i was top wutang so selling fashion in shop is not that bad some peps can`t buy them with money so they buy them with silver win win ....................... Pay to win is when they give real power in shop like zaka weapon + 20 then u can say is p2W  1 fashion or some pots some exp books is nothing ................. I pref to see them on shop so i can have everything with 0 cash invested

Posted

The thing is this game isn't really pay to win. Pay to win means a small portion of the pop will get the best item for money. This game gives you ALL the items you can get without buying anything. We do not even know what the stats will be on gear. Even the KR version doesn't have great stat bonuses. They are marginal. Even then you could buy then off the AH if you knew how to play the fucking game. 

1 person likes this

Posted

The thing is that this time is b2p, you can leave on release if you want but if you already bought the game, they already won.

1 person likes this

Posted

It'll be obvious if they're making us the cashcow. We just have to wait.

Posted

"The [butt]hurts."

Seriously, it hasn't been released here, and not everyone will ever agree on every given aspect on any game. Any game at all! It doesn't matter if any particular person wants this or that feature because there are plenty of others who don't agree and will always oppose.

Archeage is not a comparison you could ever make, because that was a failing of Trion and no one else. Anyone who had played any one of their other releases was keenly aware of this, and were not at all hyped (like myself). It was only the ignorance of the individual in thinking that [insert game] was exactly as they envisioned and dreamed of. Unfortunately that will never be the case, and it is mostly a misunderstanding on part of that player's false hopes and dreams. 

2 people like this