• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Do you think Wizard/Witch will get nerfed?

180 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I'm curious. What do you guys think? I see a lot of people complaining about our dmg and stuff.

But we only have teleport, once we get caught, it's most likely over against a skilled opponent.

So do you think they will nerf Wiz/Witch foreseeable future?

Edited by Flowerpot

Posted

We don't need a nerf since we are balanced. There are some classes that need a buff though.

1 person likes this

Posted

As far as I can tell Witch/wiz are just the FOTM class and people are salty about it.

I agree with Mido though, seems that other classes need buffs more than we need nerfs.

2 people like this

Posted

The should only nerf the class if they fix the massive z axis issues first. A spell caster shouldn't be worrying that his lightning will stop midair and not hit the enemies 1m below him.

2 people like this

Posted

I don't really thing Wiz/Witch are OP, other than a couple of small things that could be changed. The big difference with wiz/witch vs other classes is that there are no animation cancels or hidden combos, you can literally play the class from quick slots if you want and be 100% as effective as someone using the key combinations. This makes the class EASY to be highly effective on. It doesn't take tons of practice and timing to land perfect animation cancel combos like some other classes. You just use your abilities in the right order and you are in good shape. I do not see this as a problem, but as long as this ease of use persists you'll find a high percentage of players preferring it as a class choice.

In a perfect world what I'd like to see is Wiz/Witch getting faster animations that do lower damage, with animation cancels and hidden combos like all the other classes. Capable of the same DPS that they do now, but requiring timing and practice to make it happen at 100% efficiency. 

3 people like this

Posted

As Mido said, we are balanced enough, it's just that Wizard/Witch got their awakening weapon last, so we've been the FOTM for some time. However, some classes like Ninjas and Tamers are currently in need of buffs, which makes mages seem OP.

1 person likes this

Posted

The only thing OP about wizard is their black spirit rage that literally can kill 20+ players in one shot, if positioned correctly. Other than that, it's pretty balanced. 

1 person likes this

Posted

The only thing OP about wizard is their black spirit rage that literally can kill 20+ players in one shot, if positioned correctly. Other than that, it's pretty balanced. 

So can a Warrior ulti from the back.

1 person likes this

Posted

We don't need a nerf since we are balanced. There are some classes that need a buff though.

You are a clown

As Mido said, we are balanced enough, it's just that Wizard/Witch got their awakening weapon last, so we've been the FOTM for some time. However, some classes like Ninjas and Tamers are currently in need of buffs, which makes mages seem OP.

listen clown . When valk got awakening did you see everyone rerolling to it?

your class is Op doesn't need comboes to kill someone just raw dmg rendering superarmor classes completely useless. The fact that not only now it's the best class for aoe dmg single target dmg but thanks to preawakening also the best utility. Rbf is full of clowns spamming 100% and being immortal with chaining superarmor like  crazy but ye balanced. Remove all the utility from wizard and witch and they would still OP. 

I don't really thing Wiz/Witch are OP, other than a couple of small things that could be changed. The big difference with wiz/witch vs other classes is that there are no animation cancels or hidden combos, you can literally play the class from quick slots if you want and be 100% as effective as someone using the key combinations. This makes the class EASY to be highly effective on. It doesn't take tons of practice and timing to land perfect animation cancel combos like some other classes. You just use your abilities in the right order and you are in good shape. I do not see this as a problem, but as long as this ease of use persists you'll find a high percentage of players preferring it as a class choice.

In a perfect world what I'd like to see is Wiz/Witch getting faster animations that do lower damage, with animation cancels and hidden combos like all the other classes. Capable of the same DPS that they do now, but requiring timing and practice to make it happen at 100% efficiency. 

Didn't bother reading after the first sentence.

clown

1 person likes this

Posted

So can a Warrior ulti from the back.

Yes, I know, that one is also OP. Do you see other classes having black spirit rage ulti one shot people? Are they even supposed to one shot...

Posted

You are a clown

listen clown . When valk got awakening did you see everyone rerolling to it?

your class is Op doesn't need comboes to kill someone just raw dmg rendering superarmor classes completely useless. The fact that not only now it's the best class for aoe dmg single target dmg but thanks to preawakening also the best utility. Rbf is full of clowns spamming 100% and being immortal with chaining superarmor like  crazy but ye balanced. Remove all the utility from wizard and witch and they would still OP. 

Didn't bother reading after the first sentence.

clown

Really comparing a defense class to a glass cannon?  And you call him a clown?  Also wiz 100% was nerfed last update.  It doesn't one shot people who are decent level with decent gear unless you are much higher in AP than they are.  Zerkers and warriors and Valks are a direct counter to witch/wizard with their ability to charge in unaffected by AOE spam and grab them right out of a cast they cant cancel and burst them in one CC.

Stay salty kid.

4 people like this

Posted

My main is a Tamer, played one since Beta. I also have a witch alt... Who kills bosses real quick to get my Tamer and herself gear. Not because my Tamer can't do it, but.. well...

Tamer combo/button presses needed for damage efficiency against a boss: wegkuifheruihfcoijhcvpwuierh9834709348738237iefj4fhsdyugcuoiyrgh23487yrd0798hei

Witch combo's/button presses needed to match said damage on boss: 2

With that said, should Witch/Wizard be nerfed? absolutely NOT. Should some other classes be fixed or maybe buffed in areas? Absolutely.

5 people like this

Posted

I'm not sure I agree that we're balanced. We have a combination of high damage, high cc, large aoe, lots of SA/block(yes everyone has that now), lots of utility. The list goes on. What I'm not sure of is what could be changed. We have slow-casting skills compared to other classes, and we're immobile while using them. If a shred of our defenses were taken away we'd be an easily countered paperweight. 

Posted

immortal with chaining superarmor

this is the only real argument of your whole post, but it is wrong. clown... lel 

My main is a Tamer, played one since Beta. I also have a witch alt... Who kills bosses real quick to get my Tamer and herself gear. Not because my Tamer can't do it, but.. well...

Tamer combo/button presses needed for damage efficiency against a boss: wegkuifheruihfcoijhcvpwuierh9834709348738237iefj4fhsdyugcuoiyrgh23487yrd0798hei

Witch combo's/button presses needed to match said damage on boss: 2

With that said, should Witch/Wizard be nerfed? absolutely NOT. Should some other classes be fixed or maybe buffed in areas? Absolutely.

just red the first sentence, knew to prepare my hankies 

Posted

just red the first sentence, knew to prepare my hankies 

Well I hope you finished it. It has a surprise ending. Lol. 

Posted

Well I hope you finished it. It has a surprise ending. Lol. 

tryed hard but cring little girls are too annoying

Posted

tryed hard but cring little girls are too annoying

That's the entire point. :ph34r: little pink person pops out and starts smashing on people and then takes em for a little detour from their objective? They fill my footprints with their salt as they chase me. 9_9 It's all about perspective.

1 person likes this

Posted

Don't think that wiz/witch will get nerfed. afaik didn't happen on Korea and I also don't think it is appropriate. Yes, high dmg output. But lots of negative sides (partially mentioned above) to counterbalance that. Also several other classes that are more OP, have always been OP and never got nerfed either.

Posted

Also several other classes that are more OP, have always been OP and never got nerfed either.

There were nerfs. Ranger during first months, got nerfed several times. Sorc was then overpowered, got nerfed (remember the whining about DF?)

It's obvious that currently wiz/witch and warrior are just SO strong that there's a huge rerolling wave.

So, according to the past, there is hope that the devs will do some adjustments again.

1 person likes this

Posted

I would say we are a very op class when it comes to sieging and such.

I would agree for a tiny bit nerf on both classes on the damage, but they would need to give us something else to recover from the nerf of damage.

1 person likes this

Posted

I would say we are a very op class when it comes to sieging and such.

I would agree for a tiny bit nerf on both classes on the damage, but they would need to give us something else to recover from the nerf of damage.

And see, that's where I disagree... Are they very strong in sieges? Yes, but they are weak in other places. I believe if anything, that is the way a game should be, and if anything, some of the other classes that just don't have an actual strong point, should get buffed in whatever area will give them that edge in that certain situation. Having a Tamer main I could hop on board the countless "Tamer is weak, buff them nerf everyone else" bandwagon... We are arguably the weakest class in sieges, by far, and that is true. But I have never felt weak. I am extremely stout 1v1, I can harass and I can misdirect and peel, which is the exact type of playstyle I enjoy. Not every class should be able to be amazing at every aspect of a game, otherwise there would be no diversity and no need for strategy. Again just my 2 cents, but the Wiz/Witch are fine in my eyes, bring any classes that don't have a strength as strong as theirs one unique to that class, and we are golden. 

Posted

well witch and wizards were made for large groupfights so nerfing them is a bad thing to do.

They deal heavy dmg because that is theyr only way to play against other classes:

wiz/witch = cc/heavy dmg/ buff/ heals

warrior = cc/heavy dmg/ mobility/ tanky

tamer = heavy dmg

valkery = medium dmg/ heavy dp/ cc/ heals/ mobility

meawha/musa = heavy dmg/mobility

ninja/kuno = heavy dmg/ mobility/ cc

berserk = cc/ heals/ medium dmg/ mobility/ heavy HP

sorc = unknown (still have no clue why shes good or bad)

ranger = heavy dmg/mobility

as you can see nerfing the witch/wiz has the opposite effect and making the class worthless because dmg is the only thing they are good at. Other classes have theyr own fort and should be focust according to theyr own fort. Atm we are considered OP because we are getting a better skill pack then other players, we can choose our skills according to the situation and play our hand. Other classes have mostly a 1 way ticket and if it succeed it kills instantly if it doesnt they have to kite. Wtvr the case the moment you get kd its rip whichever class you play, no nerf is needed for the witch or wizard.

Posted

The witches and wizards in this thread are jokers. I don't know whether these classes will get nerfed (lord knows Pearl Abyss doesn't give a ----- about class balance in spite of what it wants you to believe), but they should. Other classes should be buffed - yeah, but other classes should also be nerfed to make them all reasonably powerful. The witches and wizards in here seem to prefer the idea of having ALL classes be capable of one/two-shotting, but I would rather have a combat system in which all the classes have to actually work in order to kill people.

And by work I mean they should have to think about what skills they're going to use, how they're going to use them (time, direction, etc.) and just basically be forced to judge a situation and predict their opponents' movements and how they'll counter them; basically an effective risk/reward system. Right now, witches and wizards have it extremely easy because they can eliminate people by pressing single buttons (their skills have insane damage modifiers and low cooldowns), and if that doesn't work, they can always teleport several meters away from their target(s), then heal themselves back up to full HP.

Not to mention that wizards and witches now have a large amount of effective superarmor and frontal guard that's bundled with large and powerful AOEs which allows for very effective counter and offensive play with very little effort on their behalf.

In addition, they also have other skills that just flat out make them useful. In addition to their healing skills (both which have low cooldowns), they also have Protected Area and Speed Spell. They also have a skill called Magical Shield that makes them resistant to everything - not to mention that they're allowed to stack it with their awakening buff.

And here's their awakening buff:

fSvrlu.png

No other awakening buff even comes close.

And look at these two skills...

yYSQHM.png

jfaeLF.png

Look at how high the damage modifiers are, and then look at the required level to use these skills! The short cooldowns are also pretty insulting to me personally, because one of my most important skills has a hard 14s cooldown and has wayy lower damage modifiers...

Posted

Seeing as how we just got a major "re-balancing" update,  I don't think there will be ANY changes to classes for quite some time. What is more likely is that more and more players will start using the classes that the devs clearly want us to.

Posted

Why put witches and wizard together? It's obviously the wizards that are over-the-top.

1 person likes this