• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

CC types and comboing questions

8 posts in this topic

Posted

So I have been trying to learn all I can about PvP and how it works, because I find this game's combat extremely enjoyable and the small scale pvp is really appealing to me. So me being me, I started to take notes on things that I thought would be useful and improve my play. One of the largest things is learning about CC chaining. There are two groups of people, baddies that spam 1-3 skills (me) and those that utilize their class using ani cancels, cc chains, and combos. So in an effort to move myself into this later category, here's all the info I think I have gathered, and hope is correct. There's a lot of gaps in it. 

Black Desert CC Chaining:

3 Types being: Standing, Grounded, Ground Extensions. Standing Combos leave your opponent standing, Knockback, Stiffs, and Stuns fall into this category. Grounded CCs take your opponent to the ground, these include Bound, Knockdown, Floats and Grapples. Ground Extenders extend the duration of a Grounded CC, these are Grapples and Down Smash.

Standing CCs can combo with each other and will stack so long as you alternate between them eg Knockback>Stun>Stiff or Stun>Stiff>Stun>Stiff, this will refresh the duration of each CC. Using the same type of CC will not refresh the duration.

Grounded CCs can be comboed from Standing CCs, however they can not combo with each other. You can also not go back to standing CC once you ground an opponent. The only way to keep a grounded enemy CCd is with Ground Exteneders, they put your opponent into another grounded state. Successful combos should end with a string of down attacks, these deal additional damage on any grounded enemy. a x1.5 multiplier in PvE, and a x1.2 multiplier in PvP

I got most of my info from youtube and the forum, but it is definitely lacking. Such as in how cc resist factors into which skills. So idk. pls help me git gud

Posted (edited)

CC resist is pretty straight forward. Knockdown resist helps you resist knockdowns. Stun/stiff/freeze resist helps you resist stun/stiff/freeze, grapple resist helps you resist grapples, and so on. Resists are only effective to 60% in PVE, and some classes have built in resist penetration such as Zerk/war 30% penetration to grapple resist. Kutum and Precision gems (weapon slot) also have 10% resist penetration each to all CC types. 

Resists are NOT to be relied on because many attacks have upwards of 13 hits that can EACH CC you, so when you are rolling the dice that many times you are likely to get CC'd either way. Some abilities, such as Wizard grab only have 1 hit (Ranger/valk grab are 2 hits I think) so you are more likely to resist a non-zerk/warrior grapple if you have high grapple resist. 

Freeze is a CC you have left out, but I believe is only available to wiz/witch anyway. Freeze can be combo'd off any type of CC, even grounded. However the only CC which will extend a freeze is another freeze. They must come free from the freeze before another CC can be applied. Wiz/witch have a short duration debuff that reduces attack/cast/movement speed by 50% that they will often use close to the end of freeze to trip you up while trying to land a CC just as you come out. 

Edited by Kutsuu
1 person likes this

Posted

Is there any info on duration of ccs? I'm missing a lot of that

Posted (edited)

Is there any info on duration of ccs? I'm missing a lot of that

Not that I've seen. And there is conflicting information on how some of the CCs work. 

For example, from my own experience I can see that "Knockdown" has a short duration of Floating (air attacks and air smash works) before they hit the ground and are grounded (down attack and down smash work). Bound seems to put them STRAIGHT into a grounded state. I don't know if this makes knockdown a longer CC, or if they are the same duration and they just spend less time grounded during a knockdown. Even when posting this information, I've had people attack me and tell me I'm dumb. The knockdown thing is rather easy to prove with a Wizard's "Water Sphere" ability, which is both a knockdown and an air attack. You can clearly see "air attack" over mob's heads when the ability hits them while they fly through the air. This is also clearly visible in the demonstration video you get when hovering over the ability - look for water sphere on here: http://bddatabase.net/us/skillcalc/ . In addition, the flow for this ability "Aqua Bomb" is both a down smash and an air smash, and if you hit it immediately after water sphere, you will see the air smash take effect by sending them flying further back through the air. 

With the above said... what is the difference between Floating and Knockdown exactly? Maybe there is more air time with floating or less down time, I don't know. 

In any case, I believe your best bet is to take a friend into the arena with you and test, test, test. It's best to bring a low damage weapon (+0 awaken weapon for example) and list of theories with you to test out. I've worked out a bunch of fun combos to do on my Maehwa and Wizard this way. 

Edited by Kutsuu
1 person likes this

Posted

Also, recovering and punishing an enemy for their gaps, I found that when you get grounded, if you try to stand it'll take 1-2 seconds to stand again. Is there a way to use abilities/recover quickly from these types of cc?

I play a warrior, so I'm learning how to ani cancel back and forth to chain more skills together. Practicing on mobs has yielded me a lot of successful combos. And I feel like I'm probably in the middle of the road as far as skill goes. Nailing successful chains always feels great. And understanding how these systems work mitigates the amount of people screaming certain classes are op.

The last part of my questions is how accuracy vs evasion works. From what I've tested it's much better to roll evasion rather than stack resists

Also super armor/ invincible. Such as warrior block (super armor while held) vs head chase (invincible when off cd)

Posted

Super armor makes you immune to CC and is supposed to give damage reduction (not sure how much). Invincible makes you completely impervious to damage. Warrior's Q block has lingering super armor for ~2 seconds after dropping block. The good ones seem to cover themselves 100% of the time to make sure they are either in block, in super armor from one of their attacks (grave digging, slashing the dead), or in the short super armor after block, such as block > chase > solar flare. Balance Strike and Knee Kick (maybe other stuff) can be used to ani cancel awakened abilities. Some stance change cancels are Q+C (both ways), W+C+F (this should put you straight into charging thrust from awaken stance). That said I have a 56 warrior but I don't play it much, so I only know some basics and am missing a lot. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Thank you so much for sharing all this information! I'll be trying out all this info tonight.

Posted (edited)

Fun little tidbits then.

Stiff is 2 seconds, stun varies around 2-3 depending on the skill used. Knockback seems to be 1. Floats I'm not sure really but I'd place as 3 when you combine the floating time and the ground time, Maehwa characters for some reason fly further when hit with float and knockdown skills though....

Bounds is 2 and knockdowns is 4. However you can tap some inputs to get up after 2 seconds with knockdown. Just if you don't move it can keep you down for 4 before your character stands up automatically. Correct me if I'm wrong with numbers.

The great thing with knockdowns though is that it is the only status effect in which one cannot "V" out of.

Additionally, some preawaken 100%s have a stun property that will make you stand up from being grounded, however they are conversely immune to any grounding CCs while this is in effect. You can grab them still though.

Also, pretty sure the pvp modifier for down damage was 2.0x. Air damage is 2.5x. Crits also being 2.0x.

Edited by RosewoodTrickster