• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

My slightly less capslock thoughts on enchanting

69 posts in this topic

Posted

Listen i dont need to know how many times you failed a 15 Liverto and how much you think i need the stacks.

This Post is about an obvious bug that sometimes happens after a failed TET/TRI.

And this is the 3rd time an item gets locked down for me like this!

This time: Failed PEN, Failed TET, Failed TRI an now 43 times failed DUO!!!!!! with various stacks from 18 to 50

If you think this is some mysterious RNG, go make cupcakes.

I DEMAND A FIX, REIMBURSEMENT and 2 years of free physiological consultation! 

3 people like this

Posted

Listen i dont need to know how many times you failed a 15 Liverto and how much you think i need the stacks.

This Post is about an obvious bug that sometimes happens after a failed TET/TRI.

And this is the 3rd time an item gets locked down for me like this!

This time: Failed PEN, Failed TET, Failed TRI an now 43 times failed DUO!!!!!! with various stacks from 18 to 50

If you think this is some mysterious RNG, go make cupcakes.

I DEMAND A FIX, REIMBURSEMENT and 2 years of free physiological consultation! 

I was watching Pearl clown their customers the other day.

*Thanks* for posting the results publicly so we can visibly see what aholes you are.

Every TET attempted failed all day long.

Even with full TET armor you would still get instantly smashed by a single high AP character let alone if your fighting multiple opponents? LOLuSuck@yourjob

There is nothing fun about failing at such ridiculous rates let alone you can spend billions / 100's of hours to end up nowhere or less than where you started.

Posted

i hate when ppl complain. 

They complain about their job (instead to quit and find that they will enjoy)

They complain about gfs/wifes (break up and go forward, look for someone else)

and finally they complain about video games (why not quit and find another one?)

do you know that someone else actually finds this enchanting system very cool? 

Posted

Yeah, when you get into that fail phase you're basically screwed. Everything will drop down or blow up. Eventually you're stuck at PRI with low dura and out of everything.

You need to resists the urge to correct the downgrade and just stop enchanting. Go afk fish&process or even log of, than try again a few days later. Preferable even wait for a total rng reset with maintenance. But it's easy to say and really hard to actually do it. Because when gear is messed up, you cant even play normally, so ofc you burn everything to get it back up :S

Posted

Maybe don't try TET anymore....Just saying...

Posted

Maybe don't try TET anymore....Just saying...

Great Idea! Lets not progress in the game...what a smart way of tackling the problem head on. I wonder how well he will do against those who succeded in making Tets and pens . The system needs to change, thats a fact that the majority of this community agrees with. 

7 people like this

Posted

Just go buy a noose

Posted

snip

... and 2 years of free physiological consultation! 

you should use some Cron Stones not to loose any organ when you try to PEN your stuff.

Posted

git gud and pen that gear

Posted

Time to take a break and do some neopets or something. 

Posted

lol.  You sound vexed!  

Posted

There are loads of people who think enchanting success/failure comes in waves. You know, the infamous TET window and the like.

I don't buy it.

Posted

People that quit instead of facing a challenge

Rolling dice is a challenge for you ? beeing locked because you just dont had enough luck is a challenge for you ? 2dDTasl.png2dDTasl.png2dDTasl.png2dDTasl.png

1 person likes this

Posted

Rolling dice is a challenge for you ? beeing locked because you just dont had enough luck is a challenge for you ? 2dDTasl.png2dDTasl.png2dDTasl.png2dDTasl.png

If you knew about the so-called "lock" then why did you persist in enchanting?

Posted (edited)

If you knew about the so-called "lock" then why did you persist in enchanting?

What's the point of you answer considering mine ? Oh wait, just none.

EDIT : since you look to dont understand. The point is : Rolling a dice =/= challenge.

Edited by woots

Posted

You put on a giant tinfoil hat and then tell people that don't think the same as you to go cupcake themselves?
Yes that is how you get people for your cause.

With RNG literally anything can happen, you can't look at the patterns or actually %'s.
I've failed more than most, and hek I've even spent 5b trying to get a TRI ogre ring. But I've been lucky with other things.

As humans we feel negatives twice as powerful as we do positive feelings.
So you will of course struggle to see the postives and focus purely on the negative.

http://www.radiolab.org/story/91684-stochasticity/

A podcast about RNG a little tamer once showed me.
It might help you calm your nerves a little bit.

Posted

This threads are always funny git gud.

Posted

Do you guys even know what RNG is?

It means that even if you have 70% to sucees, you can fail 12894568974586754786 times.

You don't feel lucky? Don't try to do it yourself ... buy it off the market.

And if you are already at TET and want to get PEN ... well in this case get 10b silver, and try to get one piece of equipment from TET to PEN. If you fail, try again next month after you get more silver.

I pay/play lottery every week in my country for last 5 years, and yet I don't complain that I have never won it.

Posted

What's the point of you answer considering mine ? Oh wait, just none.

EDIT : since you look to dont understand. The point is : Rolling a dice =/= challenge.

Yeah, I meant to quote OP

Posted

I pay/play lottery every week in my country for last 5 years, and yet I don't complain that I have never won it.

In effect, you just did with this sentence. O.o

Posted

Enchanting is side-effect of bigger issue which is gearcap

Posted

In effect, you just did with this sentence. O.o

Well saying it, and complaining is differend to me.

Just like OP could share his stroy something like this: I tried to make from TET to PEN, but I got back to PRI instead and waste 12b silver.

But no, he is complaining, and I'm not.

Either way, I hope you get my point, but if not that's okay also.

Posted

This is reason why I recommend people to quit. 

When you destroy your item you didn't only lose everything you farmed for 2-month but you went backwards. Now you need play 4-months to reach same point again.

Posted

Either way, I hope you get my point, but if not that's okay also.

Ya, I was just being a butthead

Posted

the enchantment system in this game need to go gear should never downgrade or explode thats for f2p p2w games and it has no place in this version.

loosing durability cool

loosing some fail stacks cool

loosing an item that took 50 hours to gain not cool.

getting downgraded over and over not cool.

sorry the enchanting system in this game just sucks and its dumb and needs to go.

it benefits no lifers only and people who play 80 hours a week can try tet and pen all day long.

most regular players will never even try something like that.

but how will they sell artisans memories to all the p2w players in the game.

why do you think they make it super hard for people to buy stuff on the market.

so people enchant all their own stuff and buy crap-loads of artisans.

they should cost 50 loyalty not 400 its a joke but hey the top 1% geared people love the system.

the other 99% hate the system and people quit everyday because of it.

cron stones are a joke they should cost 10k not 1 mil or at least be craftable.

using artisans memories give too much advantage over a non pay player they are a joke and should be removed.

the whole enchanting system needs an overhaul.

4 people like this