• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Knowledge Completionist Questions

6 posts in this topic

Posted

Hello, I am a Knowledge completionist (max possible energy) but also do categories that don't give energy (i know no one does that)  and would like to ask to see if anyone got the following pieces of knowledge (not sure if obtainable or not) I've sunked 100s of hrs getting knowledge so i don't mind having to grind for it, but don't want to waste time if they're glitched/unobtainable, they aren't particularly rare things so I'd imagine anyone might have got them (if they are possible).

1. Brown Seaweed (Life Skills/Primary Products/Seaweeds) - I got all the other seaweed types easily but have spent days trying to get this specific one (over 10k seaweed in bank now xd), has anyone actually got it? (am i just very unlucky?)

2. Jellyfish (NOT THE LAKE KAIA ONE) (Life Skills/Fishing/ Sea Fish Species)- note that this is the fishing version. Fish guide confirms i have caught 200 of these but never got knowledge, I fished them at Coastal Cave, was wondering if anyone ever got knowledge for them. 

3. Life Skills/Primary Products/ Other - there is knowledge for all the different Traces. I obviously have had all of them but it was from workers, is there some specific place you need to manually mine for these pieces of knowledge? 

Thank You anyone who responds.

Posted

2. Jellyfish (NOT THE LAKE KAIA ONE) (Life Skills/Fishing/ Sea Fish Species)- note that this is the fishing version. Fish guide confirms i have caught 200 of these but never got knowledge, I fished them at Coastal Cave, was wondering if anyone ever got knowledge for them. 

Fishing knowledge is same as ecology knowledge, it is completely random if you get it or not, you have to keep fishing them to get it..

Question for ya: Did you get any Installment Tools knowledge (except cron castle coin which is easy to get), I wonder how you get them....

Posted

I remember asking another knowledge completionist about Installment Tools they didn't have anything aside from the coin, I think it might be another unobtainable category. I only ask because there is huge amount of confirmed glitched/unobtainable knowledge so I wouldn't be surprised if jellyfish was glitched, also you never answered if you have the knowledge or not :)

Posted

495E / 3443K here,

I know this isn't super helpful but I just wanted you to know that I checked those 3 and also do not have them. I've done a ton of underwater gathering, though not much fishing I'll admit. I've got no idea how you would go about directly getting knowledge from a trace...even heating weapons and getting them that way doesn't work.

Posted

I remember asking another knowledge completionist about Installment Tools they didn't have anything aside from the coin, I think it might be another unobtainable category. I only ask because there is huge amount of confirmed glitched/unobtainable knowledge so I wouldn't be surprised if jellyfish was glitched, also you never answered if you have the knowledge or not :)

have you tried to craft the furniture? the rest of the knowledge is about that

2)fishing on velia shore should be the right place for that but i'm not sure i'm not updated about fishing spot and i don't fish basically

3)try gather inside archeological area

i'm crazy for knowledge too 486/3512

Posted (edited)

I know that the missing instalment tools are furniture (from bddatabase) however having your workers craft it doesn't give you knowledge, and i don't believe you can make it by hand? I assumed it was classic "items in game, but knowledge not applied yet", bddatabase also shows that there are large amount of other categories under crafting including weapon/armor that is clearly not available yet, so i assume installment tools is same.

Ive gotten traces from mining (which is rare and only in certain areas i think you're right), but that doesnt give knowledge nor does having your worker get it work. 

If I am mistaken and you have actually gotten them, I will go back and search as long as it takes, only reason I don't do it now is cause ive wasted so much time chasing knowledge that turns out to be unobtainable. 

Thank you for the answers! :)

Edited by islothlove