• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

The problem ive found with playing this game in a group

26 posts in this topic

Posted

So from my experience of playing this game with a group of 4 of my friends in the JP version this game is very grinding oriented and the quests really dont give much EXP although ive olny played to level 40 before my JP version stopped working so im not 100% sure on this but it seems that even when playing with a group of friends i was better off finding a group of enemies to round of and kill over and over again solo then questing and helping my friends. I like the fact i can grind for my EXP because honestly thats my playstyle and sometimes i really dont feel like running around doing quests and things like that but i feel like grinding shouldnt be the only way to efficiently get EXP. Personally especially for my friends sake and everyone else in this community who doesn't like grinding because honestly it feels like banging your head against a wall over and over until you hear a ding and your number goes up 1, The quests need to give more EXP because it really doesn't make sense that we can go on 5 quests and get 500 exp but by killing 10 normal enemies i can get 1000 exp which is twice as quick as the quest i just completed. Also this game really feels like more of a solo game once you get your dodging down because as a sorc i would solo boesses easily and i imagine these bosses were meant for at least groups of 2 or more. So i guess what im trying to say with all of this is in my opinion anyway BDO needs to sort out its EXP rates a bit. im not saying make grinding less effective but just make questing and make being in a group more effective instead of them being more of a chore.

TDLR: questing levels you up super slow from my experience with the JP version, Grinding is the main way you gain EXP Questing feels more punishing then rewarding 

Posted

I'm sure they will make the game less grindy for the Western release like how they changed it with Tera and Archeage.

A lot of Korean MMO's are super grindy, not sure why but they must love it!

Sure they will changed when it launches or if not hopefully in a very early patch.

Posted

I'm sure they will make the game less grindy for the Western release like how they changed it with Tera and Archeage.

A lot of Korean MMO's are super grindy, not sure why but they must love it!

Sure they will changed when it launches or if not hopefully in a very early patch.

They have actually made the game more grindy in the alpha for EU/NA. They cut the xp you earned from killing by a bit.

Posted

yes, yes, yes! more grind, more love!

go play tetris or barbie if you dont like grinding in mmo -.-

5 people like this

Posted

basically what people say is that 1-50 is your "tutorial" so it should be more of a solo thing. so ill prob just solo quest/grind myself till then unless fighting for grind spots.

Posted

basically what people say is that 1-50 is your "tutorial" so it should be more of a solo thing. so ill prob just solo quest/grind myself till then unless fighting for grind spots.

There are definitely some quests you'll want to pick up, though. You get more contribution points, bag space, and other things from doing quests. Besides, most quests just ask you to grind mobs that you'll already be grinding anyway and they serve as a helpful way to direct you to where you need to be along the leveling process. So I would suggest you pick up quests along the way. Don't go out of your way to get all of them but pick up the ones you see as you go. You don't want to hit 50 and then have no contribution points and little bag space because you skipped out on stuff along the way.

Posted (edited)

* flips a table.

Kill ten rats , fedex quests are the bane of MMOs. Grinding mindless mobs is even worse.

The only thing that will save people from repeating the grind on alts is power leveling by partying with people 50+ and then leeching exp.

Edited by Confusion.Infusion
3 people like this

Posted (edited)

So from my experience of playing this game with a group of 4 of my friends in the JP version this game is very grinding oriented and the quests really dont give much EXP although ive olny played to level 40 before my JP version stopped working so im not 100% sure on this but it seems that even when playing with a group of friends i was better off finding a group of enemies to round of and kill over and over again solo then questing and helping my friends. I like the fact i can grind for my EXP because honestly thats my playstyle and sometimes i really dont feel like running around doing quests and things like that but i feel like grinding shouldnt be the only way to efficiently get EXP. Personally especially for my friends sake and everyone else in this community who doesn't like grinding because honestly it feels like banging your head against a wall over and over until you hear a ding and your number goes up 1, The quests need to give more EXP because it really doesn't make sense that we can go on 5 quests and get 500 exp but by killing 10 normal enemies i can get 1000 exp which is twice as quick as the quest i just completed. Also this game really feels like more of a solo game once you get your dodging down because as a sorc i would solo boesses easily and i imagine these bosses were meant for at least groups of 2 or more. So i guess what im trying to say with all of this is in my opinion anyway BDO needs to sort out its EXP rates a bit. im not saying make grinding less effective but just make questing and make being in a group more effective instead of them being more of a chore.

TDLR: questing levels you up super slow from my experience with the JP version, Grinding is the main way you gain EXP Questing feels more punishing then rewarding 

maybe they will better iimplement the party system in BDO to promote team play by boosting the xp gain in a party where 2 people gain the same xp as 1 person but both have to somewhat contribute rather than 1 afking

Edited by Silva

Posted

maybe they will better iimplement the party system in BDO to promote team play by boosting the xp gain in a party where 2 people gain the same xp as 1 person but both have to somewhat contribute rather than 1 afking

A 10% exp boost will be a nice idea to promote parties. Besides that I like the grind also. I want it to be just as grindy, but I want it to be more difficult when fighting monsters and bosses. 

If the AI is as dull and dumb as it is now - than yeah, it really feels like a useless grind because there isn't any adrenaline involved, you won't die anyway! If there's a challange for each and every (group of) monster(s) you kill, the grind won't be as grindy, because you are actually doing something for it to make it happen(your lvl's that is). 

^Jeasy

Posted

A 10% exp boost will be a nice idea to promote parties. Besides that I like the grind also. I want it to be just as grindy, but I want it to be more difficult when fighting monsters and bosses. 

If the AI is as dull and dumb as it is now - than yeah, it really feels like a useless grind because there isn't any adrenaline involved, you won't die anyway! If there's a challange for each and every (group of) monster(s) you kill, the grind won't be as grindy, because you are actually doing something for it to make it happen(your lvl's that is). 

^Jeasy

10% won't be enough if you have 2 people I believe it would be better if it scaled per person in party up to 5 in the largest case scenario if anything

Posted

The trash mobs are very easy to kill but there's definitely some elites out there that can wreck your world. Once you get to all +15 gear though.. it is all pretty much easy mode except maybe boss fights. I personally dont mind it, the combat is a lot of fun. There's areas where the number of mobs + the high respawn rate can still overwhelm you.

Posted

10% won't be enough if you have 2 people I believe it would be better if it scaled per person in party up to 5 in the largest case scenario if anything

I agree with you about the scaling, Silva.

The trash mobs are very easy to kill but there's definitely some elites out there that can wreck your world. Once you get to all +15 gear though.. it is all pretty much easy mode except maybe boss fights. I personally dont mind it, the combat is a lot of fun. There's areas where the number of mobs + the high respawn rate can still overwhelm you.

Having a full set of +15 might be some kind of 'end game' goals or gameplay. If +15 makes it easy often times, to me that's too bad, you still want a challange(I do). Even when being ''maxed''. 

^Jeasy

Posted

I agree with you about the scaling, Silva.

Having a full set of +15 might be some kind of 'end game' goals or gameplay. If +15 makes it easy often times, to me that's too bad, you still want a challange(I do). Even when being ''maxed''. 

^Jeasy

this is why endgame should be challenging for the reason of gear progressing

Posted

You're spot on, Silva.

^Jeasy

Posted

Well maybe you should play skyrim or witcher 3 then

Posted (edited)

challenging? why u play easiest mode with screen and gear then? be a true man, turn off ur screen, ungear till you are naked, and go pve with anything! never wondered why u boxing when ungeared? THATS TRUE MAN MODE, AND STOP CRYING

Edited by Ravalion

Posted

I am honestly hoping that Daum makes a few changes to BDO regarding PVE Difficulty. People complaining about Partying up with other players and preferring to Solo worries me. I am someone who is all about PVP, but PVE is important and should not discourage players to play with one another. Enemy mobs need to be more difficult and challenging (Simply increase the damage they deal or something) that way Soloing is not a preferred factor. Encouraging players to party up to defeat more powerful enemies will never hurt an MMO. Come on Daum.

Posted

I kind of like the grind in MMOs, they keep the game going for a bit longer, and makes you know the entire map better. Zones aren't just passed by. The games with few or not grind die very very soon because people get tired of doing meaningless quests and having nothing else to do. In grindy games people use to stay longer in a zone which leads to conflict or very nice parties. it generally helps (IMHO).

Tho I don't like that it seems to have "party exp problems". I don't mind to solo from time to time, but MMO's are meant to be played with friends.

I just hope they fix the party problem and leave some (a lot) of the grind

Posted

You're simple and boring. Maybe I want to enjoy content in the game where I can have a purpose while leveling up and not slaving away. Other MMO games offer this.

Posted (edited)

i like grind, at least when it is a bit challenging and give really well (always end up doing elite grind at some point).

the problem in BDO is that there is no elite grind to be done, and there is no pve grinding where a group would be a good thing XP/time wise.

which is a problem, if you like grouping... hopefully they will find a solution.

was it this game someone said they had talked about making a "pve tower" like the duraga anime thing (think the name is duraga, else sao or any of the other tons of tower mmo anime's)?

that would be a really awesome idea :D

I am honestly hoping that Daum makes a few changes to BDO regarding PVE Difficulty. People complaining about Partying up with other players and preferring to Solo worries me. I am someone who is all about PVP, but PVE is important and should not discourage players to play with one another. Enemy mobs need to be more difficult and challenging (Simply increase the damage they deal or something) that way Soloing is not a preferred factor. Encouraging players to party up to defeat more powerful enemies will never hurt an MMO. Come on Daum.

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/1901-black-desert-pve-from-1-30/&page=2#comment-44968

Edited by Tjaranis

Posted

* flips a table.

Kill ten rats , fedex quests are the bane of MMOs. Grinding mindless mobs is even worse.

The only thing that will save people from repeating the grind on alts is power leveling by partying with people 50+ and then leeching exp.

something western MMO's like to do that is gonna suck here is put in restrictions on groups with other players,and making items no drop or un- trade-able between  ALT characters

So basically running ur lvl 20 or what ever and grouping with 50's to lvl faster,not gonna happen most likely.Taking all your +15 20 gear and sticking it on ur lvl 1 toon ,not gonna happen.Once they do this you can call that westernized

Posted

If they implemented a fully fleshed out storyline with quests to aid in leveling, I'll be happy. Something like FFXIV or Vindictus where there is a big overarching story and amazing cutscenes would be great. 

I'd much rather do quests to find out more of a story than mindlessly kill X mob for 10 hours. 

Posted

I certainly hope they make grouping more worth it. I'm all for trolling around with my friends on skype while we do different things, but it's always cool to group up, even with strangers. You make a lot of good relationships/memories/friends grouping up for the grind, but this system sadly discourages it. Seems they're heading in the right direction though.

Posted

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/1979-valencia-part-ii-update-kr-news-pvp-revamp-dungeons-jail-system/ 

This above will be happening in the KR version of the game which indirectly means it will happen in NA/EU. 

I certainly hope they make grouping more worth it. I'm all for trolling around with my friends on skype while we do different things, but it's always cool to group up, even with strangers. You make a lot of good relationships/memories/friends grouping up for the grind, but this system sadly discourages it. Seems they're heading in the right direction though.

Follow the link above - tell me what you guys think.

^Jeasy

1 person likes this

Posted

What do I think? ...o bby. Sounds like that could be that 100 floor dungeon they talked about as it's an "overwhelming scale". Random entrance is really cool. And it's group content? Oh goodness. The PK system is nice, but it sounds like they're just...making the game into Archeage lmfao.