• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Do you agree with these suggestions and issues?   25 votes

1. 1. Do you agree with these suggestions and issues?

• Yes
    • No
    • Mostly

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

10 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Please leave your feedback below for the developers, on how you think they can improve said features, or why you disagree with them. Please do not misunderstand this thread. Despite my low post count on the forums, I have been following this game for many years-. I have played during the betas, and for about 6 months after launch. Although I took a break, I love this game, it can just use a few really simple to fix adjustments- which I feel could make this game even better. 

RNG Enhancing + Degrade + Gear Dependency

Having RNG is not necessarily a bad feature. But, it's the way that the game implements the feature which ruins it. There are many ways this situation can be fixed, some better than others. Personally, I think the best way is to increase the sucess rate when enhancing gear and accesorries. As for acessories, I am sure someone has broken their keyboard over the RNG of these. If an enhancement fails, the acessory that is PRI or more should not be demolished- just the non-PRI+ acessory used for enhancing should be demolished. Another viable option for accesories can be like gear, if an enhancement fails instead of being demolished it loses a grade instead. 

Gear dependency in this game wouldn't be as brutal and tedious as it is now, especially for PvP situations, if RNG were to be 'improved'. This is my number one dislike about the game. 

Feeling of No Progress

This feeling comes along with the RNG system currently in game. A player can grind for one month straight, and have X amount of millions of coins that he/she saved for enhancing or progressing. Well, because of RNG that month of work can go to absolutely no progress. As MMO players, most of us are probabaly more than a bit fine with grinding for a few hours a day to work our way towards gear and progression over time. The issue is that unlike in other MMOs, this game can give you absolutely nothing in return for the work and time you put in to try and progress forward. It's completely RNG based [Do not say a player can just save the money and buy the gear. High end enhanced gear selling on the MP is almost more rare than good RNG]. It does not matter if Player A played for 5 months, and Player B played for 1 month- if RNG is going great for one player, he/she can almost easily get ahead of the other. This leaves Player A frustrated, as they have spent 5 months trying to progress, but due to RNG they have gotten minimal or even no progress. [This game being a Korean MMO is not an excuse. We koreans do not like grinding without progress and purpose, just as similar as you guys do!!]

Sucess rates just need to be increased for progress across multiple features in this game. There needs to be some sort of limit or boundary RNG has, so a player doesn't waste months just to potentionally get no where. RNG is fine with limitations and general progress.

EXP & Crystal Loss

If the servers were stable or the game was optimized, EXP and crystal loss would be fine. But, realistically that is not the state of the game. Please do not think I am bashing the game or developers, I believe they are working hard to fix and improve this game- that doesn't mean we should be further effected by these issues though. Until the servers are stable, which right now can cause players to randomly stop in motion and be slaughtered by monsters, or be one tapped by a world boss due to animation delay/lag, crystal and EXP loss should be temporarily disabaled. I do not think we should be penalized for an issue that we can not control, since it is up to the developers and company to fix. All I, and hopefully the community, ask for is a temporarily pause on crystal and EXP loss until the game is in a better state. 

RNG World Boss Timers

The easiest 'fix' of them all, world boss timers. I do not understand why the developers put a five hour time frame on boss spawns. The ~24 hour distance between how many times a boss can spawn is perfectly fine, but there should be a set time a boss spawns. For example, instead of Kzarka spawning between 23:20 EST - 03:50 EST it should just spawn at one specific set time- 23:20 EST. 

Edited by Junyoung
Accidently removed 'PvP Features' section...
2 people like this

Posted

I agree if not only for the reasons you listed for EXP/Crystal loss.  Anything that is a boundary to players not "giving it their all" at world bosses should be fixed - and that means players not playing on characters with good gear, strong crystals or a desire not to lose character progress.  I'm sure a lot of us would like to gear up all our characters with something other then "World Boss Gear" - as in, wear good gear instead of wimpy crap because we don't want to break our good stuff.

Posted (edited)

RNG Enhancing + Degrade + Gear Dependency

Would be far too easy if you didn't lose the accessory. The entire purpose is to keep it hard & expensive to enchant accessories, otherwise almost everyone would be 250+AP with little effort. The system is very harsh, but that keeps it hard and keeps people playing.

Feeling of No Progress

Again, keeps people playing, which is the entire purpose of the system being difficult.

RNG World Boss Timers

What if you work and only play set hours a day? You never get to do that world boss? System is fine. Makes people have to decide to go out to the desert, pirates, or commit to  staying in Serendia/Balenos.

Lack of PvP Influence

Arena

Hard to comment since we don't have it yet.

PvP Rewards System

People who do RBF regularly make good money from RBF Powers. 20 mil a pop, I sell 2-3 a week and I go in no where near as much as some people. Also the 200 energy is great.

PvP Zones & War Fame

Would be completely exploited if this was implemented.

EXP & Crystal Loss

I die far more by not paying attention at world boss's, Aakman or Hysteria than I do by BS, and every time I have lost to server BS I've logged a ticket and been given my shit back. The crystal market would crash and Kakao would sell far less tears.

Edited by igglez

Posted (edited)

I still have to disagree with RNG Enhancing + Degrade + Gear Dependency, RNG World Boss Timers and EXP & Crystal Loss. Also if you were to want World bosses to have set spawn times then youd never have stable enough servers at bosses to be ok with the EXP and Crystal loss there. Also with world bosses having fixed spawn times there would be a lot more people there.. Theres already a lot of people at bosses now with the in game boss announcements. Idk about you but id like to not have my computer die at bosses

I think that the EXP and Crystal loss should stay and Iv personally saw it as a thing thatll make players better at the class they are playing. They dont want to die? Then they are urged to gear up a little more or practice their class more. This makes for a better challenge against others when it comes to open world pvp.

I still have to disagree with anything that suggests that this game is completely gear > skill. Only matters when you have 2 highly skilled players with a large gear gap. The amount of RNG there is atm with enhancing gear is perfect for this game honestly. Theres already an ok amount of people with PEN gear and full TET gear. Theres also all the TET and PEN that has already been posted. Most of it still isnt boss gear but its still a TET or PEN piece and still very good. They should reduce the price of Cron Stones though for enchanting accessories though but accessories that dont blow up is a little too easy.

For no Feeling of No Progress im half n half as I dont play the game all that much as I use to but im actually progressing more than I did before.

I do agree though with Lack of PvP Influence. The rewards for Red Battlefield are trash and im sure they are going to be crap with the arenas as well. PVP atm is pretty much killing the same guy a few times until you have to leave cause they wont flag on you and will just grief. Also that War Fame is nice.

TL;DR - No

Edited by KFC
1 person likes this

Posted

Game is fine. The game is based and known to be about RNG. you shouldn't have played it if you're going to complain about it. I've wasted billions trying to pri an ogre ring and get f-ed by RNG. Who cares, silver is easy to make in this game. 
Don't feel like you're progressing because of RNG? Stop gambling, easy answer. Save up all your silver and pre-order it I guarantee you will save more money buying it than gambling.
World Boss timers, there aren't supposed to be timers these were concluded by people of the community.  You think lag and FPS drops are bad now? Set a timer up specifically for when they will spawn that will destroy the server. 
EXP Crystal on loss. It's part of the game get over it, crystals are easy to grind out now or they're extremely cheap. EXP sucks losing but thats what tears are for. Try losing exp at 61. 

Posted

Game is fine. The game is based and known to be about RNG. you shouldn't have played it if you're going to complain about it. I've wasted billions trying to pri an ogre ring and get f-ed by RNG. Who cares, silver is easy to make in this game. 
Don't feel like you're progressing because of RNG? Stop gambling, easy answer. Save up all your silver and pre-order it I guarantee you will save more money buying it than gambling.
World Boss timers, there aren't supposed to be timers these were concluded by people of the community.  You think lag and FPS drops are bad now? Set a timer up specifically for when they will spawn that will destroy the server. 
EXP Crystal on loss. It's part of the game get over it, crystals are easy to grind out now or they're extremely cheap. EXP sucks losing but thats what tears are for. Try losing exp at 61. 

I don't think you read my post besides the first sentence or headlines. Try reading it again. I don't mind if anyone disagree's with me, unless they clearly haven't read what I typed. :) 

Posted

Billions for trying to PRI  an ogre ring?  troll confirmed here.

1 person likes this

Posted

Yeah, how's that even possible o.O

Average price for making a DUO OGRE is about a billion, if you go on % success rate using max failstacks.

Only way to spend billions+ on PRI is if you enhance without using failstacks like a moron lol.

But I kinda agree partly with OP. Upgrading accessories could be a bit less punishing and depressing. It's one of those things that makes my stomach hurt and I feel physically sick before even starting, because I know all these unfun emotions that's about to rip my body to pieces. I hate it so much, but no other choice. Waiting months for a pre-order to come through just isn't viable. 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Troll confirmed? No, horrible -----ing RNG. I tried on two separate occasions starting with 25 stacks. fail 5 times i na row the first time, and the end of the month i failed another 5 times. I bought a pri ogre because I was pissed. Then made a back up with 23 stacks my first dink and then made a duo ogre in 1 dink. Don't talk shit, bad RNG happens.

Yeah, how's that even possible o.O

Average price for making a DUO OGRE is about a billion, if you go on % success rate using max failstacks.

Only way to spend billions+ on PRI is if you enhance without using failstacks like a moron lol.

But I kinda agree partly with OP. Upgrading accessories could be a bit less punishing and depressing. It's one of those things that makes my stomach hurt and I feel physically sick before even starting, because I know all these unfun emotions that's about to rip my body to pieces. I hate it so much, but no other choice. Waiting months for a pre-order to come through just isn't viable. 

Yeah tell that to RNG Jesus then *rollseyes*
SilverBack was doing pri ogre with 0 stacks he made about what about 3-4 of them? What a moron, right?! Get out of here with your logic. RNG is a pain in the ass that's not the point. Silver is easy to make in the game so it's no big deal. I'm going for Tri tomorrow. If I fail no big whoop. You can pull out statistics out of your ass all you want. Doesn't make it Absolute. I've had horrible results with accessories based on RNG. don't ask me why it just is.

I don't think you read my post besides the first sentence or headlines. Try reading it again. I don't mind if anyone disagree's with me, unless they clearly haven't read what I typed. :) 

Oh ok, I'll make it easier for you to understand my reply then.

"
I think the best way is to increase the sucess rate when enhancing gear and accesorries" ... "If an enhancement fails, the acessory that is PRI or more should not be demolished- just the non-PRI+ acessory used for enhancing should be demolished"

" Another viable option for accesories can be like gear, if an enhancement fails instead of being demolished it loses a grade instead. "
Cron stones.

" It does not matter if Player A played for 5 months, and Player B played for 1 month- if RNG is going great for one player, he/she can almost easily get ahead of the other. This leaves Player A frustrated, as they have spent 5 months trying to progress, but due to RNG they have gotten minimal or even no progress."

Don't feel like you're progressing because of RNG? Stop gambling, easy answer. Save up all your silver and pre-order it I guarantee you will save more money buying it than gambling. - Added- Player A grinds for 5 months straight and saves all his money and buys all his gear; Player A can kick Player Bs ass still.

"If the servers were stable or the game was optimized, EXP and crystal loss would be fine. But, realistically that is not the state of the game. Please do not think I am bashing the game or developers, I believe they are working hard to fix and improve this game- that doesn't mean we should be further effected by these issues though. Until the servers are stable, which right now can cause players to randomly stop in motion and be slaughtered by monsters, or be one tapped by a world boss due to animation delay/lag, crystal and EXP loss should be temporarily disabaled. I do not think we should be penalized for an issue that we can not control, since it is up to the developers and company to fix. All I, and hopefully the community, ask for is a temporarily pause on crystal and EXP loss until the game is in a better state. "

It's part of the game get over it, crystals are easy to grind out now or they're extremely cheap. EXP sucks losing but that's what tears are for. Try losing exp at 61. - Added- Removing EXP loss or crystal on death "until they fix it" gives power to griefers; Not that I care anyways, I'll just pk on sight and go red it won't matter to me if it's 1v10 no big deal if i lose crystals. We have been dealing with server instability since game launch. Suck it up and tear and keep grinding.

So I guess I did read your content. I hope that helps clarify my statements.

Also, another added note. If you put world bosses on a schedule the server stability will be worse and you will lose more exp and crystals during those times. What will everyone else do? Run to a safe zone for 15-20 minutes?

Edited by jarvs

Posted

As tempting as it is to remove crystal breakages, it is required so that crystal continue to turn over in the mp 

it is sucky to lose crystal in cheesy way, and i avoid hard areas like pila ku purely for the fact that lag will kill my crystals at some point 

1 person likes this

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0