• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Requesting a Calpheon Crate Guide.

29 posts in this topic

Posted

Just like the title, ^_^

i am asking if any helpful knowledgeable player, can create a very simple step-by-step guide to create Calpheon Crates Timbers.

Please avoid burning any stage, and make easy to follow for beginners in the game. :$

This is my base questions, you can ignore them and just make a guide on your own way tho. xD

- What nodes to go for ? 

- How many workers the entire process require ?

- Where is the best town to buy their lodging ?

- What types of workers is best ? Tiers ? Skills ? Workspeed ?

- Where is the best town to buy crates work shops ? 

- If a Crate was made in Calpheon by a worker from Trent, does it count in the trade distance bonus as an original Crate from Trent or Calpheon ?

- What clothes need to be bought or enchanted to reduce processing/gathering time ?

- Any extra tips to shorten the entire process or generate more profits ?

Thank you in advance. :x

Posted

I'm not going to make a guide for this but I'll answer your questions.

- What nodes to go for ? 

- How many workers the entire process require ?

- Where is the best town to buy their lodging ?

- What types of workers is best ? Tiers ? Skills ? Workspeed ?

- Where is the best town to buy crates work shops ? 

- If a Crate was made in Calpheon by a worker from Trent, does it count in the trade distance bonus as an original Crate from Trent or Calpheon ?

- What clothes need to be bought or enchanted to reduce processing/gathering time ?

- Any extra tips to shorten the entire process or generate more profits ?

- go to somethinglovely.net and grab all nodes for birch, cedar, and fir timber

- 9 workers in calpheon for the 9 nodes (goblins) and 3 workers in trent for making the crates (artisan giants have a chance of crate skills)

- Don't use green workers. Use skilled at the very least but know that pro and artisan makes a huge difference in your production speed. If you don't have them, you are losing lots of profit. Goblins, goblins, goblins!

- Trent has 3 wood workshops in 3 different nodes. 

- If made in Calpheon, it counts as Calpheon. The Trent workshops (Trent, Longleaf, Behr) all count as Trent

- trading costume for +exp

- Keep workers fed 24/7, replace skilled workers with pro/artisan

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

http://greedygoblin.blogspot.dk/2016/07/bdo-calpheon-timber-crates-guide.html

Or the original: https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdesertonline/comments/3jvfgd/make_millions_with_afk_npc_trading/ Some information is a little outdated (for example where it says it won't work at the top, ignore that as our region was updated, also stuff like the 10 minute trade cooldown on channel swap which was also fixed, etc etc)  the images are handy though for setting up.

The info is pretty much the same for both, setup nodes and workers and trade to the maximum distance that you can.

Edited by Shynxie
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I'm not going to make a guide for this but I'll answer your questions.

- go to somethinglovely.net and grab all nodes for birch, cedar, and fir timber

Thanks for answering my questions!

That map is Fantastic, who ever worked on it deserve a medal!

- 9 workers in calpheon for the 9 nodes (goblins) and 3 workers in trent for making the crates (artisan giants have a chance of crate skills)

- Don't use green workers. Use skilled at the very least but know that pro and artisan makes a huge difference in your production speed. If you don't have them, you are losing lots of profit. Goblins, goblins, goblins!

What Skills should i aim for ? high work speed ? Healing ? workshops knowledge ?

Im a complete noob when it comes to workers skills, have no idea what most of them do .. :$

- If made in Calpheon, it counts as Calpheon. The Trent workshops (Trent, Longleaf, Behr) all count as Trent

So Materials are going to be stored in Calpheon ? but the work shops are in Trent ? how does that work ? i mean workers in trent shouldn't be able to access the materials if they are not stored in trent.

Again complete noob .. :$

http://greedygoblin.blogspot.dk/2016/07/bdo-calpheon-timber-crates-guide.html

Or the original: https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdesertonline/comments/3jvfgd/make_millions_with_afk_npc_trading/ Some information is a little outdated (for example where it says it won't work at the top, ignore that as our region was updated, also stuff like the 10 minute trade cooldown on channel swap which was also fixed, etc etc)  the images are handy though for setting up.

The info is pretty much the same for both, setup nodes and workers and trade to the maximum distance that you can.

I found the original guide, but that first line about Processing/Energy made me question how outdated the instructions below, so i didn't bother.

Goblin guide has various steps missing, and as a beginner in the game many of the listed instructions were not very clear.

Edited by Harow

Posted

So Materials are going to be stored in Calpheon ? but the work shops are in Trent ? how does that work ? i mean workers in trent shouldn't be able to access the materials if they are not stored in trent.

Better make your own decisions where you have your workers etc, people are just copying the 2 year old Trent guide without using their own brain a single second.

1 person likes this

Posted

Better make your own decisions where you have your workers etc, people are just copying the 2 year old Trent guide without using their own brain a single second.

I wish some of these money making professions required that you actually knew how to play the game before jumping into them. Seeing this, plus all the new player rewards, plus all of the trade bandwagon rollers gives me angina. 

Posted (edited)

I wish some of these money making professions required that you actually knew how to play the game before jumping into them. Seeing this, plus all the new player rewards, plus all of the trade bandwagon rollers gives me angina. 

actually you need to know the game a bit. saw this several times so far, market crashing for certain items because some people copying their favorite streamer, not noticing that they make almost no profit anymore, because they don't understand the (easy) concepts and just follow blindly, driving prices to minimum etc.

same with trading, it's IMO only good if you like trading. many people thought, they will get automatically rich when rolling to master2, until they notice it takes a bit more than that.

same with sausans. if today a popular streamer would say "catfish is still best", you would see tomorrow everyone grinding catfish :-D

Edited by Spartakatz

Posted

2 Workers in Trent is enough if you got all 9 Wood Nodes. Most important Skill(s): Thrifty

1 person likes this

Posted

What Skills should i aim for ? high work speed ? Healing ? workshops knowledge ?

Don't worry about skills. Focus on getting your workers to artisan level 30 first. Then you can start swapping out crafting speed skills for movement/working speed.

Materials are stored in Calpheon (since trent workers are rather expensive)

Workshops are in trent for maximum distance bonus. You will have to process the timber into plywood and then transport them (using the transport system) to trent to make the crates.

1 person likes this

Posted

You will have to process the timber into plywood and then transport them (using the transport system) to trent to make the crates.

Oh i see,

I understand now, thank you! ^_^

Posted (edited)

are you really sure that only giants get that skill? If this is true, I wasted thousands of energy to get that skill on a goblin/human worker at trent.

Edited by RedBulliChain
Used my brain for a second and realised that I have a human worker with +3 timber packing skill in calph.

Posted

Trade crate isn't worth unless you're master 2 trading and selling in valencia 

1 person likes this

Posted

Trade crate isn't worth unless you're master 2 trading and selling in valencia 

pre master 2, Altinova- Port Ratt is very valid.

150% max distance bonus.

Posted

pre master 2, Altinova- Port Ratt is very valid.

150% max distance bonus.

Not really, if you sell to Altinova or the town below you're only making 7-8m profits. That's with you processing for at least 6 hours a day, i mean if you're fine with that then go ahead but time = money and having all that CP tied up and making 7-8m profit isn't that great.

Posted

Not really, if you sell to Altinova or the town below you're only making 7-8m profits. That's with you processing for at least 6 hours a day, i mean if you're fine with that then go ahead but time = money and having all that CP tied up and making 7-8m profit isn't that great.

why are  people so obsessed with Trent?

Im talking about trade crates in general, craft in Altinova sell in Port Ratt. This how ever requires a salboat and time to make the trip.

Just an alternative.

Posted (edited)

because one guide told them to do so.

so they're busy transporting their stuff around all day, having the 100 transport slots permanently occupied, for a negligible increased distance bonus, that maybe made a difference when mediah wasn't even out.

so much wrong and nonsense infos here in this thread again... trent, "focus on lv30 first", giants only for crate skills, workshop and worker placement, master2 hype (yet again) .... you really see at first glance who just tried out a few things, and who just brainlessly copied the stone old reddit guide.

Edited by Spartakatz

Posted

- - Don't use green workers. Use skilled at the very least but know that pro and artisan makes a huge difference in your production speed. If you don't have them, you are losing lots of profit. Goblins, goblins, goblins!

- trading costume for +exp

- Keep workers fed 24/7, replace skilled workers with pro/artisan

- 6 Worker in calph. 3 Trent nodes are very close and faster (Treant Forest, Lumberjack's Rest, Longleaf Tree Forest). You can get more lodges in Longleaf Tree Forest an Behr (count as Trent lodging)

- it doesn't matter where you made your crates. Only the origin of the worker is relevant. A Trent worker can craft crates in calph and the crate is still from Trent.

-  A goblin is not good if you cant refresh every few hours. Its always better to calculate your afk time and make your decision based on that.

example: 7h sleep and 10h work/school. Lets say goblin can gather in 20min and Human in 25min. Goblin runs out after 5h and Human ~10h.

after 7h: goblin 15 runs, Human 16,8,

after 10h: goblin 15 runs, Human 24

Total: goblin 30, Human ~41

Human has increased luck state, some people say its increase the amount of items gathered.

@OP

Its hard to reach Master 2 Trader now, are you sure you want that? there are other ways to make money with less effort.

Posted

"example: 7h sleep and 10h work/school."

@OP

Its hard to reach Master 2 Trader now, are you sure you want that? there are other ways to make money with less effort.

I was thinking about the crates too, but Master 2 Trader really is hard and i am out of house like 11 hours + sleep so i need sth to cover that time -What other ways to make money are there if you are so kind please? :)

Posted

are you really sure that only giants get that skill? If this is true, I wasted thousands of energy to get that skill on a goblin/human worker at trent.

My understanding is that all artisans can get the same skill but I noticed particularly that giants have a higher chance at the skill. Choose what you will :)

- 6 Worker in calph. 3 Trent nodes are very close and faster (Treant Forest, Lumberjack's Rest, Longleaf Tree Forest). You can get more lodges in Longleaf Tree Forest an Behr (count as Trent lodging)

Human has increased luck state, some people say its increase the amount of items gathered.

@OP

- Yep, the three workers from trent will definetely make collecting faster. I go with calph since lodging is expensive in trent.

- I still recommend goblin (but you can't go wrong with human)

- The exp from trading within towns got nerfed. You can still get full exp by trading trash crates. (correct me if I am wrong)

Posted

I'm with @Spartakatz: a lot of information here I wouldn't trust. For what it's worth, I'll give you my perspective on crate making - I'm Master 7 trading/ Master 8 processing, so although I'm not the highest, I've done the time.

1. For me, the biggest impediment to making lots of boxes is the time it takes to process the plywood. I don't afk process, and process (barring exceptions) about 2-2.5 hours per day. I'll get between 40-60 boxes this way (depends on which boxes, and how long I process). The most profitable box *for processing time* is not Calpheon, it's Mediah boxes. Mediah boxes deliver 80% of the sale price of a Calpheon, but take only 66% of the processing time (because they need only two types of playwood, not three). As processing time is my limiting factor, Mediah boxes are my first choice of box to make: I make Calpheons only when I've exhausted my supply of Acacia wood (only one node, sadly).

2. Profit per box relies on distance travelled  and upon transport costs (and interest of buyer and desert buff, but I'm assuming you're maximising the first and aiming for the second): I make all my boxes in Epheria and transport them from Epheria to Ancadu, at 4.1k silver per box transport cost (and then carry them via elephant to Valencia to sell: without the desert buff, it is better to sell in Ancadu, as it has a higher distance multiplier). Trent-Valencia (and Trent-Ancadu) is +3% more distance bonus than Epheria-Valencia (or Epheria-Ancadu) but if you transport them, it's an extra transport leg (first Trent-Epheria transport, then Epheria-Ancadu). That extra transport costs more than the +3% distance bonus. Making boxes in Calpheon is -10% distance bonus compared to Trent, and -7% distance bonus compared to Epheria, and you need to transport the boxes to Epheria yourself - this is not something I would do, unless it's significantly easier for you to process in Calpheon.

3. If you are making at Trent (and that's a lot more CP to connect: one year of playing, and Master 7 trading, and I've never had Trent connected: remember, Calpheon boxes are only the 2nd best choice), then either you have to carry the crates yourself from Trent-Epheria (a small hassle, but one you need to account for), or you need to do the whole load-up-a-horse-with-7k-crates and make the 1+ hour ride out to Valencia yourself once a week (or less often). If you don't enjoy trading, this is the best option, as once a week (or whenever you have 7k crates, which might only be once per month) you spend several hours riding at slow speed all the way out to Valencia and selling your boxes in one go. Advantage of this is you can stack lots of buffs for extra trade xp (the buffs are all short-term); the disadvantages are that a: once you get to Valencia, you either sell in one go and lose profit (this will change soon) or you spend a long time swapping between channels selling 50-100 boxes at one time; and b: you don't get the profit from your boxes until you've sold them, up to a month after you made them.

4. In terms of worker, the most important thing is the +additional crates skill. For months I used a professional human with +1 additional crates to make my boxes, as he made 2 boxes every 15 mins, compared to an artisan goblin (without the skill) who makes one box every 10 mins. An artisan giant with +3 additional crates will be faster than an artisan goblin without the skill. However, the very best box maker is an artisan goblin with +3 additional crates: I have one now, he makes 4 crates every 10 minutes - this is the key to fast box making.

So there's my input - processing time is the limiting factor (unless you can remote process using remotr or Team Viewer), and distance bonus is only good if you're not eating your extra sale price with transport costs.

Posted

snip

1. Yes Mediah box is great too. My worker gather Calph and Mediah wood types for more money. If processing is the limiting factor than Mediah all the way.

2. Without desert buff from Epheria, Arehaza (+8%) and Magoria (+25%) are better. Trent is a obviously choice for calph crate crafting. You need the wood nodes anyway and get +11% more distance. I had problem my self with Trent lodging and CP. But i learned that Longleaf Tree Sentry Post and Behr are parts of Trent. That solved my lodging issue. Another option is the lodging item from Perl Store. You can get one more slot in Trent/Calph/Epheria for 200 Perls up to 3 times.

Its basically the choice if you want to go full trader/crafter with most high value nodes and max distance or mix it up with other life skills. For the mix option i like your setup, its  good money per cp. My choice is full trader. I have the time for processing, trading level and i want to maximize the income from cp invested for Valencia connection.

3. Ah yes logistic. My solution: go big or go home. No small hauls, its just eats time and money. Pack thousands of crates on horse -> go from Trent to Epheria -> throw it on your ship -> sail to Ancado -> remote collect horse -> Valencia -> $$$$. Done in 45 min. With under lvl50 char its perfectly save. No mobs or player who can destroy your day.

1 person likes this

Posted

I have a question though. How do you pack the crates on the horse? It always says too heavy for me. Was it fixed? There's no way I'm transporting thousands of crates 50 at a time.

Posted

Im talking about trade crates in general, craft in Altinova sell in Port Ratt. This how ever requires a salboat and time to make the trip.

Just an alternative.

It's useful to consider alternatives for sure.

The problem with routes to Port Ratt is that you are going to want to use an sailboat for speed of trip and it will slow down if overloaded at all making it an even more tedious trip. Around 166 crates max. with base sailboat. That is some limit.

Consider Trent is a decent distance bonus at 99% and timber crates can be transported most of the way passively via Trent > Epheria Port > Ancado Inner Harbour, leaving only the short haul to Valencia. It does cost 4.1K per crate but is a smallish cost for the convenience and time saving. Or overloading a horse if an issue which you can;t do for Port Ratt.

Also, making decent profit really does come down to using the Desert buff and it doesn't work to and from Port Ratt for trade crates and items.

I don't want to say it's not viable as it could be and easier to use nodes and process say Mediah crates there just that currently Ratt doesn't really offer compelling reasons to trade there outside of Imperial Delivery with high Trading skill. And fish but that's rather separate from this  topic.

1 person likes this

Posted

I don't want to say it's not viable as it could be and easier to use nodes and process say Mediah crates there just that currently Ratt doesn't really offer compelling reasons to trade there outside of Imperial Delivery with high Trading skill. And fish but that's rather separate from this  topic.

Port Ratt is the best place to sell trash crates for xp.

Posted

Just a quick question ... if u roll lets say cannon crafting skill can u get let say general movement speed. I seem to get crafting speed in cannons to weapons and such but not more general skills. Maybe I have better chances rolling natural healer or such?