• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Is DP viable compared to AP/Hybrid

10 posts in this topic

Posted

So after searching teh interwebz I've found that most guides for Zerkers are simply out of date and the ones that aren't don't honestly have many people contributing them.

After dabbing in some minor nodewars and small scale pvp (1v1, 2v2, 3v3, 2v1 etc etc..) I've personally found that being a hybrid doesn't seem to be viable seeing as warriors and valks will straight up out tank you and musa's, sorcs, witches and wizards straight up out damage you. So it seems to me that surely it would be more viable to go straight DP with an AP of around 150+

If going for a more DP gear setup what gear would you guys suggest? Grunil/Taritas seem to be the most popular suggestion so far and I agree that this benefits you giving you the higher DP in exchange for losing the +2 AP from the full grunil set. But would going full taritas be viable or a complete was of time?

Furthermore there seems to be no real advice on what accessories to get for a DP setup, I'd have though shrine guardian tokens to be a solid choice along with token of friendship earrings to match but what are these the best choices? Also what belt and necklace would be viable with these? Or is the Mark of shadow/witch earring still the only choice?

If/when this reaches a somewhat agreeable state on what gear would be best for a DP build or if a DP build is simply not viable at this point/ever I'll update this post to include all relevant info/gear.

Looking forward from hearing from fellow zerkers more experience than I.

Posted

Newer player here, I found the same that Zerker Guides are very out of date. I'm only lvl 44 and when I ask questions, I seem to get go Full Gunril gear. which this seems to be the answer for every class, which I find odd or at least till boss gear. I tried to follow a few guides but the 3 I found all have different gear suggestions, Accessories is the same way, pre boss gear etc nothing good, which is sad cause I love the class. Seems the other classes have better guides.

However, I watch some PvP videos and Zerker seems to still be on par or one of the stronger classes.

Posted (edited)

I'll have a updated crystal and gearing guide up for Zerkers here soon which will be based off my play style, and experiences in my guild (Based on 1 vs 1 and sieges) and the opponents I have been fighting. I usually fight people and I have had 350 DP (At level 56) at one point on my Zerkers with 130ish AP and it did not go so well, due to my damage not being high enough to kill them off. While I did survive a bit longer than usual, once knocked down on the ground, the DP benefit versus AP is seen (DP, damage reduction all becomes "0" once you are knocked down, due to the massive offensive multiplier you get on attacks while the person is on the ground).

DP is good if your standing up and know how to manage your super armor as a Zerker.

Honestly, the best Zerkers (lvl 59-60) I have seen so far have 220ish AP or above with about 300 DP and about 4,200 hit points or more, on KR (The only true damage mitigating stat for KD/Back damage).

I'll try to be as helpful as possible and explain things out, I'm not the best Zerker by far and still learning things from watching the people on twitch and such, since our guides are not as detailed as the "Musa" guide (Musa video guide is a lot more descriptive and better to understand than ours, no offense, Skull).

On a note, I'll have an explanation and comparison of different sets of armor in PvE, and PvP, (Agerian, Grunil, hybrid and, boss gear from levels 56 to my current lvl 57).

Again, this will be my experiences and videos will reflect this (I PvP against higher levels to, just for experimental purposes xDxDxDxD).

Edited by Averdun
1 person likes this

Posted

Obviously boss gear is the end goal but what armour would be good for a DP setup before you get there? I've seen quite a few threads/posts suggest Heve and grunil for the HP bonuses rather than Taritas + Grunil, so would it come down to personal preference of wanting more HP than DP?

Also off-hands are another subject, everyone seems to wholeheartedly agree that the saiyer knot is the best all rounder but would Rosar or Theos be viable choices? I'm not including Boss gear atm because that's the super end game and is a there's a hell of a lot less choice involved, only choice really being crystals.

Posted

Rocaba is the Magic Way to go if you want DP/Evasion Build before Boss Armor! 

Posted (edited)

There's been lots of builds we tried in the past

3x Taritas, 1x Agerian
2x Grunil, 2x Taritas
2x Grunil, 2x Rocaba
2x Grunil, 2x Heve
4x Grunil
4x Rocaba
4x Heve

And they all have  their ups and downs. But you can break it down into two ways:

4x Grunil - DPS
2x Grunil, 2x Rocaba - Survivability

But most importantly: If you plan to be competitive any time soon you need to spend as few silver on non-boss pieces as possible. You want enough gear to grind and close the gap eventually.

In my eyes a new player should aim for the following:

4x DUO Grunil
2x DUO Blue Coral Earring
2x DUO Mark of Shadows
1x DUO Belt of Shultz
1x PRI Necklace of Shultz
1x DUO Liverto
1x TRI Green Iron Buster
1x DUO Saiyer Knot

Edited by BANiSH

Posted

Rocaba is the Magic Way to go if you want DP/Evasion Build before Boss Armor! 

Actualy more evasive and dmg reduction is taritas

Posted (edited)

Hybrid verging on AP IMO. 

With full TET boss gear and TRI Kutum (1 TET red coral ring) im sitting at 310 DP. My AP is only 203, I feel if I could push that up to 215-220+ I'd be in alot better position. Edit: Level 59 gonna finally start grinding to 60 to see if that makes a noticeable difference. 

From what I've found fighting high geared classes that span the range... You simply NEED to have high AP. Surviving is good, but slowly dying is still dying. Mostly seems to come down to the CC juggle... Whoever lands it and can burn the best/quickest. 

Edited by Kurano
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

There's been lots of builds we tried in the past

3x Taritas, 1x Agerian
2x Grunil, 2x Taritas
2x Grunil, 2x Rocaba
2x Grunil, 2x Heve
4x Grunil
4x Rocaba
4x Heve

And they all have  their ups and downs. But you can break it down into two ways:

4x Grunil - DPS
2x Grunil, 2x Rocaba - Survivability

But most importantly: If you plan to be competitive any time soon you need to spend as few silver on non-boss pieces as possible. You want enough gear to grind and close the gap eventually.

In my eyes a new player should aim for the following:

4x DUO Grunil
2x DUO Blue Coral Earring
2x DUO Mark of Shadows
1x DUO Belt of Shultz
1x PRI Necklace of Shultz
1x DUO Liverto
1x TRI Green Iron Buster
1x DUO Saiyer Knot

I did this set up in the beginning and I'm now full Tri boss gear (I have noticed a huge difference in survivability and damage). I'm working on accessories and plan on pushing my AP up (Goal is 220ish). My current DP is 302 with main hand and Awakening at 160 AP at level 57.

Off hand is Kutum, I tried Nouvre and while the AP was good, my survivability dropped significantly for some odd reason, once dropped below 300 DP. I used Saiyer as a off hand over Rosar and the others, I used a green shitty Tri Iron buster for grinding and PvP. I dropped Liverto for Zarka and found while I like the melee speed a lot better, I need to push my crit to cap. 220ish is the goal, currently, right now, as I think this is enough to global 90% of the people in the game as a Zerker.

Edited by Averdun

Posted (edited)

I am a full DP Zerker, currently at 372 DP on sheet and awakened AP of about 160, and I personally love it.  It certainly helps that I am level 60, so I have good damage ratios on all my skills, and I also have some AP accessories I switch to for PvE grinding, which is extremely helpful.  But for PvP, especially in groups, there is something deeply satisfying when you sense how annoyed some players get that they can't kill you in a single combo, if at all.  The main thing about tanking as a zerker is to keep super armor going as much as possible.  I'm not going to suggest any particular build in terms of gear, because pre 56 it is mostly just personal preference or what you can most easily get your hands on.  If anyone has any questions about high level DP Zerking, feel free to ask.

Also, to answer the original question, DP zerker is viable, but leveling and grinding is naturally slower, and you will not be the carry or hero that most players love to be.  DP zerkers are very much the support players build.

Edited by Y2Wookie