• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

This thing consume my CPU Usage over 20%!!!

25 posts in this topic

Posted

Coherent UI <---- this dude...

Every single time when i play BDO,

on my process screen, the Coherent UI shows up together with CPU usage 19~20%

sometimes 2 of them show up -.-

Easily noticed cuz my laptop fan was running powerfully at some point,

and it was Coherent UI.... that ruining my CPU.

Do they even have any solution for this issue?

Posted

just delete both process

Posted

Coherent UI <---- this dude...

Every single time when i play BDO,

on my process screen, the Coherent UI shows up together with CPU usage 19~20%

sometimes 2 of them show up -.-

Easily noticed cuz my laptop fan was running powerfully at some point,

and it was Coherent UI.... that ruining my CPU.

Do they even have any solution for this issue?

I believe someone posted this issue in the forums last week. The explanation another player gave was taht the Coherent UI is the program/process within the game which allows players to view the images/videos in the guild recruitment section. (So, when you go to Guild Rank and then click on a guild, you should see a description and sometimes people post images/videos to aid in their recruiting). You could just end the Coherent UI process. You just wouldn't be able to see the images/videos should you go into a guild's page.

Posted

Wow... so there is no patch or any fix for the players about this issue...?

just to see the image/video.. i have to sacrifice my CPU usage over 20%...?

Kakao... plz fix this issue...

Posted

Cohorent UI is a third party middleware that allows access to web content and also does all the UI stuff. We dont know why it suddenly became a brain dead autistic shit-throwing monkey.

For now we have this: 

CoherentUI_Host

1.Start up task manager when BDO is running , you have to be logged in the character in the game. Not character or server selection.

2.Set BlackDesert64.exe to high priority.

3.Find ALL the CoherentUI_Host.exe . Right click each and set their priority to LOW.

4.Repeat 3rd step but instead set AFFINITY and UNTICK all the cores except 1. ( CPU 0)

5.Profit

Optional extra steps:

Download

https://www.prnwatch.com/prio/

This is a small shell utility tool that will save the priority and affinity so you do not have to do it every time.

Navigate to your C:\Program Files (x86)\Black Desert Online\bin64\host folder and find the CoherentUI_Host.exe and right click it , properties and it set it to READ ONLY. Set the compatibility to Windows XP SP 3 as well.

The only downside to this it has to be done every time you log into the game ( as far as setting affinity's go )

https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdesertonline/comments/5padhe/ultimate_guide_for_fpsperformanceping_issues/

so you can still use all the features without it eating all your CPU performance away

1 person likes this

Posted

/reloadui

Posted (edited)

The CR's know, they've  commented on it told us they sent reports to P.A. over 3 updates ago.   PEARL ABYSS DOES NOT CARE.

They completely ignore us Western players and even their own publishers on every f***ing issue under the sun.  It's a pretty typical asian thing just like Nintendo, FromSoft, Nexon, etc...all do.  They'd rather straight up sell less products than listen to any of us  

Edited by iller

Posted

They'd rather straight up sell less products than listen to any of us  

Indeed. They wouldn't even respond to chargeback disputes (effectively defaulting) until the losses became noticeable from their head office and they sent out that silly email. They should start listening more to americans since they are all that stands between south korea and kim jong's enslavement.

Posted

fake. what does us have anything to do with Korea?

Posted

Unbelievable...

Hope, one day they fix this issue...

Posted

Click end task in task manager. Easy. Stop being lazy.

Posted (edited)

yeah, that coherent UI is cancer 9_9 and its worse ( for me ) since like 2 weeks, nearly everytime i start the game 1 or 2 or thoses process goes crazy and use 15-20% CPU.

The CR's know, they've  commented on it told us they sent reports to P.A. over 3 updates ago.   PEARL ABYSS DOES NOT CARE.

They completely ignore us Western players and even their own publishers on every f***ing issue under the sun.  It's a pretty typical asian thing just like Nintendo, FromSoft, Nexon, etc...all do.  They'd rather straight up sell less products than listen to any of us  

They are just looking how to sell coherent UI fix on the cash shop for their beloved western player kappaface.png?1

Edited by woots

Posted

don't play games on laptops lol duh 

Posted (edited)

What I noticed is that Coherent UI bugs out and starts overloading the CPU every time I have a browser open in the background  and if I go through a  loading screen of the game ( channel switch / death / escape function ).

I have a desktop machine and chrome , and I am able to reproduce it 100%.

Edited by Triviuma

Posted

Click end task in task manager. Easy. Stop being lazy.

Can't even alt tab while playing in full screen mode.

Even if I could, tabbing out every single time just to delete a process is -----ing ABSURD.  "stop being lazy" lmao. could you white knight any hardeR? FIX THE -----ING GAME.

Posted

Dont worry with all the task manager shit, and setting cores affinity and that...

Just do a /reloadui it will restart all coherentui process.

If you want to set permanent priority prio is definitly the best deal. But, this will prevent you from noticing easily that a coherentui process hass gone mad.

Posted

......and the most unoptimized game award goes tooooooo ~~

Posted

don't play games on laptops lol duh 

is this issue happen on laptops only...?

cuz I think my laptop is good enough to handle any games...

it has 2 of Gtx 1080... 

Posted

I've never had this problem until today, and then suddenly my fps dropped to 10 or less and my cpu's running at 100%, end task coherent UI, problem solved, not using a laptop.  I'd prefer my UI's incoherent in the future please.

Posted

I've never had this problem until today, and then suddenly my fps dropped to 10 or less and my cpu's running at 100%, end task coherent UI, problem solved, not using a laptop.  I'd prefer my UI's incoherent in the future please.

The worst part is that this is NOT a standard 100% CPU utilization either.  I can run other Games or things like 3D rendering that maxes out CPU useage but it doesn't the heat levels over 55c   ....THIS HOWEVER, because it is essentially a long integer runaway infinite loop process, can and DOES put a lot of people into the danger zone that even if it doesn't scorch their CPU, it can and will permanently damage it and cause it to suffer lower performance on all other applications in the future.

Posted

The worst part is that this is NOT a standard 100% CPU utilization either.  I can run other Games or things like 3D rendering that maxes out CPU useage but it doesn't the heat levels over 55c   ....THIS HOWEVER, because it is essentially a long integer runaway infinite loop process, can and DOES put a lot of people into the danger zone that even if it doesn't scorch their CPU, it can and will permanently damage it and cause it to suffer lower performance on all other applications in the future.

I woke up the other morning and found my computer off but the fans were running at max... I thought this was odd. Wondering if it was this. I noticed it had been running pretty hot recently.

Posted

I woke up the other morning and found my computer off but the fans were running at max... I thought this was odd. Wondering if it was this. I noticed it had been running pretty hot recently.

That thing actually happened to me, I minimized the screen with horse auto-path training.

After a few hours, somehow the Fan was running super fast, and I immediately check the Process Window.

It was 2 of Coherent_UI Process running with 20% each (total 40% usage of CPU + BDO  30%)...

The Coherent UI Process are slowly killing my CPU...

1 person likes this

Posted

That thing actually happened to me, I minimized the screen with horse auto-path training.

After a few hours, somehow the Fan was running super fast, and I immediately check the Process Window.

It was 2 of Coherent_UI Process running with 20% each (total 40% usage of CPU + BDO  30%)...

The Coherent UI Process are slowly killing my CPU...

Thanks for sharing. My cpu's lifespan will be extended bc of you 😊

Posted

Thanks for sharing. My cpu's lifespan will be extended bc of you 😊

No problem..

I just hope the BDO Team actually Tracking this issue...