• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

PSA: Do not roll Berserker. Source: 1st ever 61 Zerk & day 1 veteran

74 posts in this topic

Posted

Hello. Today I will tell you a story, the story of the Giant / Berserker in BDO. Many of you are unaware, so it is important to know.

Since day 1 of the game, the class has been vastly underpowered. You wouldn't believe who weak we were for the first couple of months. Our main methods of killing someone back then was to do 10-combo grab chains. Endless grab chains. Eventually, around May 2016, we got a couple of buffs. Things were looking up, we had a future. The buffs came and went many times. At the end of the day, we were still vastly relying on grab chains pre-awakening. Yes, there were the top 1% of Zerkers that knew how to play their class and rarely used grab chains. But they are the exception, not the rule.

For the longest time, the hope was that our awakening would be "our saving". That it would fix our horrible damage. That we WOULDN'T have to grab chain to death. That we were something MORE than Damage Sponges.

Awakenings came, we were buffed. Then nerfed. We are now back to grab chains and being huge damage sponges, with mediocre CC and tank abilities. The story of Berserker / Giant is one of pointlessness. It seems like we will never get away from grab chains. Imagine you have been using the exact same combo for almost a year to kill people. It gets old, doesn't it? We get buffed, only to be nerfed shortly after. And we then resort to the good ole grab chains. We should NOT have to use grab chains or BWS anymore. Like ever. It is a sad state.

Dear Zerkers, I'm afraid we will always be doomed to grab chains and being damage sponges.

As a day 1 player, and the first level 61 Zerk on NA (Drafunx), it is safe to say that this class has no future. 

TL;DR
I don't like this class. Don't play it if you agree with my opinions about this class and how it's played.
If the gamestyle applies to how you want to play, have at it. If not, play another class.

Posted

This sounds more like someone who wants to be able to play a class according to their "class fantasy". 

This.  If the devs wanted something different out of zerkers, zerkers would play differently.  Isn't it as simple as that?  I do understand that the name "berserker" does carry some stereotypes (high damage at the cost of reduced defense, for example) but... the zerker is what the zerker is, and while some player input regarding balance is going to be valid, expecting an overhaul regarding class mechanics -- especially in a localized game like this, where we're behind Korean content -- is unreasonable. 

Posted

I think you forgot the satire tag there.

1 person likes this

Posted

If he equips his AP gear, yes. But he wasn't in this GIF. :-)

I find it very hard to believe he was 198 in the video against 298 DP. I did about the same amount of damage with that combo when I was 220 w/ TET red coral + bheg + kutum

Posted

I find it very hard to believe he was 198 in the video against 298 DP. I did about the same amount of damage with that combo when I was 220 w/ TET red coral + bheg + kutum

Yep, I heard that last time I posted a similar GIF also. But I have no reason to lie about it, nor do I really care about your opinion. Have a nice day.

1 person likes this

Posted

Yep, I heard that last time I posted a similar GIF also. But I have no reason to lie about it, nor do I really care about your opinion. Have a nice day.

I fought with necro a few times in the arena .. he was about 215 ap , but boy did he melt me in seconds .

Posted

I fought with necro a few times in the arena .. he was about 215 ap , but boy did he melt me in seconds .

Yeah, he's definitely one of the better berserkers on EU.

What people don't realise is that in the current evasion-meta, going full accuracy (including Saiyer) and being 200 AP (or 198 in Necros case) might still net you way more damage on average than 230-240 AP and no accuracy. If I used Nouver he could've swapped to Nouver aswell and had the same results as he did with me using Parrying, but had he used Nouver when I used Parrying he might've only killed me in a similar combo every third time due to evasion rng.

Posted (edited)

Yeah, he's definitely one of the better berserkers on EU.

What people don't realise is that in the current evasion-meta, going full accuracy (including Saiyer) and being 200 AP (or 198 in Necros case) might still net you way more damage on average than 230-240 AP and no accuracy. If I used Nouver he could've swapped to Nouver aswell and had the same results as he did with me using Parrying, but had he used Nouver when I used Parrying he might've only killed me in a similar combo every third time due to evasion rng.

i am interested to see the results if he swap saiyer for kutum. 

Some say ult saiyers is crazy op because of the special attack dmg 

Kutum had more base AP and 5 ap crystal & some small accuracy 

Saiyer has way less AP . more accuracy + This special attack dmg. 

Both of the dmg gif posted show back attacks! Wouldn't this increase alot becsuse saiyers special attack dmg

Next time do dmg gif from front. 1 with saiyers and 1 with kutum

Edited by HogWash
Edit

Posted

giphy.gif

Posted

i am interested to see the results if he swap saiyer for kutum. 

Some say ult saiyers is crazy op because of the special attack dmg 

Kutum had more base AP and 5 ap crystal & some small accuracy 

Saiyer has way less AP . more accuracy + This special attack dmg. 

Both of the dmg gif posted show back attacks! Wouldn't this increase alot becsuse saiyers special attack dmg

Next time do dmg gif from front. 1 with saiyers and 1 with kutum

I was running full evasion so nothing would even come close to Saiyer.

No, just tired of ignorance.

Posted (edited)

I was running full evasion so nothing would even come close to Saiyer.

No, just tired of ignorance.

But the dmg GiF is all back attacks that have a bonus 50% dmg so whats your point?

You in full evasion ok.... But i think x2 tri RCE + tri bhegs + duo tree + tri boss wep + tri kutum should do more dmg. Vs tri saiyers.....if saiyers does more dmg than above set up then saiyers special attack dmg is op as hell

Anyway important thing is doing DMG gif with all back attacks shows nothing..

Also i did read somewhere that back attacks down attacks ignor armor/evasion... 

Edited by HogWash
Edit

Posted (edited)

But the dmg GiF is all back attacks that have a bonus 50% dmg so whats your point?

You in full evasion ok.... But i think x2 tri RCE + tri bhegs + duo tree + tri boss wep + tri kutum should do more dmg. Vs tri saiyers.....if saiyers does more dmg than above set up then saiyers special attack dmg is op as hell

Anyway important thing is doing DMG gif with all back attacks shows nothing..

Also i did read somewhere that back attacks down attacks ignor armor/evasion... 

We tested with AP build, hybrid and full accuracy. Full accuracy is the best and more reliable. It's not just the special attack damage which is good, accuracy is incredibly strong and Kutum simply doesn't give enough of it to compare to Saiyer vs. an evasion build. 

Back/down attacks do not ignore evasion. He would still kill me in one KD from the front. It would simply take him another hit. And if not, one grab would be more than enough.

"You need grab chains to kill anything as berserker". No, you don't. At this point grab chains only help clueless, undergeared or underleveled berserkers kill targets they shouldn't be able to in a single CC chain. Geared berserkers kill people in one knockdown, and at most need one follow-up grab. The point is proven, and at this point all the counter-arguments I've seen is "I think you're lying". Git f------ gud. 

Edited by Tryldom
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

We tested with AP build, hybrid and full accuracy. Full accuracy is the best and more reliable. It's not just the special attack damage which is good, accuracy is incredibly strong and Kutum simply doesn't give enough of it to compare to Saiyer vs. an evasion build. 

Back/down attacks do not ignore evasion. He would still kill me in one KD from the front. It would simply take him another hit. And if not, one grab would be more than enough.

"You need grab chains to kill anything as berserker". No, you don't. At this point grab chains only help clueless, undergeared or underleveled berserkers kill targets they shouldn't be able to in a single CC chain. Geared berserkers kill people in one knockdown, and at most need one follow-up grab. The point is proven, and at this point all the counter-arguments I've seen is "I think you're lying". Git f------ gud. 

You seem to keep dodge the question. ...

Why do a DMG gif with all back attacks when back attacks add 50% bonus dmg

So you are saying if that zerker had FULL accuracy gear & FULL accuracy accessory's & +4 acc from crystal BUT swap saiyers with kutum he still wouldn't have enough accuracy  to match the same DMG . i call bs

I thought the point of this dmg gif was to showcase zerk op dmg kill with no grab. BUT U SHOWCASE BACK ATTACKS bonus dmg 

Edited by HogWash
Ed

Posted

And again... sometimes i wonder if ppl play another game... while i can say that grabs (overall) are pure cancer... warrior and zerker grab are 100% over the top in terms of hit possibility, animation and weaponswap.

But sayin' that you cant deal dmg as zerker??? I'll remind the top zerkers in EU to stop killing good geard ppl in 1-2 grabs... 

Posted

You seem to keep dodge the question. ...

Why do a DMG gif with all back attacks when back attacks add 50% bonus dmg

So you are saying if that zerker had FULL accuracy gear & FULL accuracy accessory's & +4 acc from crystal BUT swap saiyers with kutum he still wouldn't have enough accuracy  to match the same DMG . i call bs

I thought the point of this dmg gif was to showcase zerk op dmg kill with no grab. BUT U SHOWCASE BACK ATTACKS bonus dmg 

I haven't dodged anything. I stated the damage difference from the front isn't that big and that it at most would result in the berserker having to use 1 grab. I posted the gif under "optimal circumstance" to properly illustrate berserker damage potential, and it did its job. You don't need grabchains. Berserkers have viable damage. Period.

Regarding Kutum it would depend on gear and how much AP you otherwise have (the lower AP, the bigger percentage increase Kutum would be and vice versa). Against an evasion build Saiyer will win 99% of the time. Even more so against pure evasion builders, eg. Ninja/Sorceress with TRI Centaurs. 

Posted

I haven't dodged anything. I stated the damage difference from the front isn't that big and that it at most would result in the berserker having to use 1 grab. I posted the gif under "optimal circumstance" to properly illustrate berserker damage potential, and it did its job. You don't need grabchains. Berserkers have viable damage. Period.

Regarding Kutum it would depend on gear and how much AP you otherwise have (the lower AP, the bigger percentage increase Kutum would be and vice versa). Against an evasion build Saiyer will win 99% of the time. Even more so against pure evasion builders, eg. Ninja/Sorceress with TRI Centaurs. 

so whats the point in the back attack gif then?

Any class would do the same using back attack bonus dmg

Seems like someone butt hurt about zerks so  posts a bs gift using back attacks trying to fool people showing crazy dmg.

Do you stand still in pvp with you back to them..... Git gud

Posted

It's mostly air/down attacks, the position is kinda irrelevant in the gif aside of the very first spell.

Posted

So you say, because the "best zerkers" dont want to use the core mechanics of their class (grabbing), their other skills should be buffed? Interesting.

I also missed where they got nerfed again?

Grab chain still exists and is super powerful. It pretty much doesnt matter at all if you like it or not, that's the class, and it's one of the best in PvP.

Posted

It's mostly air/down attacks, the position is kinda irrelevant in the gif aside of the very first spell.

yeah back attack air attack down attack all have bonus % dmg.... Any class with gear would do the same. Starting with back attack on a target standing still.

The gif is pointless.... Any class would do it...some faster

Posted (edited)

yeah back attack air attack down attack all have bonus % dmg.... Any class with gear would do the same. Starting with back attack on a target standing still.

The gif is pointless.... Any class would do it...some faster

You don't get it, the fact that he starts the combo on the back make a variation of roughly 100hp. Even if he started it from the front, he would blow the wiz the exact same way.

Also, the fact that he's standing still is kinda irrelevant too, because if the knockair were to fail, he would simply tempo and try to get another opening until it eventually succeeds and procede to combo.

In both cases: it changes nothing to the damages.

Edited by Suh
1 person likes this

Posted

You don't get it, the fact that he starts the combo on the back make a variation of roughly 100hp. Even if he started it from the front, he would blow the wiz the exact same way.

Also, the fact that he's standing still is kinda irrelevant too, because if the knockair were to fail, he would simply tempo and try to get another opening until it eventually succeeds and procede to combo.

In both cases: it changes nothing to the damages.

I think its u that dont get passed conversation.  The gif is pointless it prove nothing! Any class with gear and starting first combo with +50 % dmg would do the same. Most classes would do it faster

The gif was design to fool people  into wow wow look op zerk dmg

Back attack 50% dmg bonus down attack also 50% (i think) and air attack 20% bonus ofc target dead lol

The point of the gif is to showcase what????

1 person likes this

Posted

Any class would do the same using back attack bonus dmg

Seems like someone butt hurt about zerks so  posts a bs gift using back attacks trying to fool people showing crazy dmg.

Do you stand still in pvp with you back to them..... Git gud

I think its u that dont get passed conversation.  The gif is pointless it prove nothing! Any class with gear and starting first combo with +50 % dmg would do the same. Most classes would do it faster

Back attack 50% dmg bonus down attack also 50% (i think) and air attack 20% bonus ofc target dead lol

How are you argumenting like this. Do you even brain?

The GIF was posted as a response to the original post, a post that claimed as a berserker you are forced to use grab chains because the class has low damage output compared to other classes. Then, when I show berserkers have more than viable damage without grab chains compared to other classes you counter-argue with "well, other classes can also do this amount of damage". No shit sherlock, everyone can blow each other up. Berserker included. Compared to other classes the only difference is berserkers have a foolproof way of doing it even with way worse gear than others.

I have also stated 2 times before this post that the damage difference from the back or front isn't as big as you make it out to be. At most the berserker would have to use 1 grab, with 196 AP + accuracy on 298 DP, as a level 59 berserker on a level 60 wizard. I admit I let him hit me from the back to get maximum shock value out of it, and partly also because this exact combo was used on me in RBF by a berserker that managed to flank our backline, perhaps an hour earlier that day.

I am not salty about berserkers. I do feel grabchains are stupid, but whatever - I think the community as a whole is done whining about that. What I don't like however is misinformed, ignorant players whining about things they clearly have no clue about. Like you stating that Saiyer isn't as good as Kutum when damaging someone using an evasion-build. You have obviously never compared it yourself, or you would've rather refrained from posting - however you still posted your misinformed opinion.

Berserkers are good. They are super strong disruptors in siege, they are among the best, if not the best class for 1v1's, and they are top tier for small-scale. The only drawback with a berserker is they are not as fast grinders as the top 5. That's it. Now crawl back to your hole.

Posted (edited)

The gif actually disproves the OP nicely. Now you don't get it because you're clueless about game's mechanics (and numbers). But still, it does: the zerk can ggcombo someone without using grabs.

And the fact that he uses one of his own spell to throw the target in air, allowing an air combo by himself doesn't make it less true. And as I said, back state is totally irrelevant in this case, even if you keep arguing about that.

Edited by Suh
1 person likes this

Posted

The gif actually disproves the OP nicely. Now you don't get it because you're clueless about game's mechanics (and numbers). But still, it does: the zerk can ggcombo someone without using grabs (that's the OP claim).

And the fact that he uses one of his own spell to throw the target in air, allowing an air combo by himself doesn't make it less true. And as I said, back state is totally irrelevant in this case, even if you keep arguing about that.

The gif is pointless any class can do same... I wasnt comment on op i was talking about this pointless gif. 

Anyway im done here 

I feel sorry for people brain washed by this gif. A gif that any class can do most even better

How are you argumenting like this. Do you even brain?
The GIF was posted as a response to the original post, a post that claimed as a berserker you are forced to use grab chains because the class has low damage output compared to other classes. Then, when I show berserkers have more than viable damage without grab chains compared to other classes you counter-argue with "well, other classes can also do this amount of damage". No shit sherlock, everyone can blow each other up. Berserker included. Compared to other classes the only difference is berserkers have a foolproof way of doing it even with way worse gear than others.

I have also stated 2 times before this post that the damage difference from the back or front isn't as big as you make it out to be. At most the berserker would have to use 1 grab, with 196 AP + accuracy on 298 DP, as a level 59 berserker on a level 60 wizard. I admit I let him hit me from the back to get maximum shock value out of it, and partly also because this exact combo was used on me in RBF by a berserker that managed to flank our backline, perhaps an hour earlier that day.

I am not salty about berserkers. I do feel grabchains are stupid, but whatever - I think the community as a whole is done whining about that. What I don't like however is misinformed, ignorant players whining about things they clearly have no clue about. Like you stating that Saiyer isn't as good as Kutum when damaging someone using an evasion-build. You have obviously never compared it yourself, or you would've rather refrained from posting - however you still posted your misinformed opinion.

Berserkers are good. They are super strong disruptors in siege, they are among the best, if not the best class for 1v1's, and they are top tier for small-scale. The only drawback with a berserker is they are not as fast grinders as the top 5. That's it. Now crawl back to your hole.

will read later i got rl work to do

1 person likes this

Posted

Disregard op.  "First ever 61 zerker" is a lie since he didnt even level his account.  He purchased his account and has never learned how to play this class.  He used to brag about how Oros was the only say to go as a zerker and go up to my guildies at Ogres and tell them to leave and link a Tet Kzarka.  Then he would get two shot and rage.  He is widely regarded as a joke.  

Now don't get me wrong, if you purchase your account and think just being a level 61 zerker with high ap will melt everyone without a basic understanding if what your buttons do then you are going to have a bad time.  

1 person likes this