• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

PSA: Do not roll Berserker. Source: 1st ever 61 Zerk & day 1 veteran

74 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

How are you argumenting like this. Do you even brain?
The GIF was posted as a response to the original post, a post that claimed as a berserker you are forced to use grab chains because the class has low damage output compared to other classes. Then, when I show berserkers have more than viable damage without grab chains compared to other classes you counter-argue with "well, other classes can also do this amount of damage". No shit sherlock, everyone can blow each other up. Berserker included. Compared to other classes the only difference is berserkers have a foolproof way of doing it even with way worse gear than others.

I have also stated 2 times before this post that the damage difference from the back or front isn't as big as you make it out to be. At most the berserker would have to use 1 grab, with 196 AP + accuracy on 298 DP, as a level 59 berserker on a level 60 wizard. I admit I let him hit me from the back to get maximum shock value out of it, and partly also because this exact combo was used on me in RBF by a berserker that managed to flank our backline, perhaps an hour earlier that day.

I am not salty about berserkers. I do feel grabchains are stupid, but whatever - I think the community as a whole is done whining about that. What I don't like however is misinformed, ignorant players whining about things they clearly have no clue about. Like you stating that Saiyer isn't as good as Kutum when damaging someone using an evasion-build. You have obviously never compared it yourself, or you would've rather refrained from posting - however you still posted your misinformed opinion.

Berserkers are good. They are super strong disruptors in siege, they are among the best, if not the best class for 1v1's, and they are top tier for small-scale. The only drawback with a berserker is they are not as fast grinders as the top 5. That's it. Now crawl back to your hole.

so a zerk touch u in rbf so u make a gif

blah blah blah

your a lvl 60 wiz complaining about a zerk in rbf lol....lvl 60 wiz roll head on keyboard in rbf and score 

lets line up the whole server with there backs to a lvl60 wiz while he press a key n 1 shot all. Then post that gif next to zerk one

Now go grind more mobs get lvl 61 your mum will be proud

Edited by HogWash
Ed

Posted

blah blah blah

your a lvl 60 wiz complaining about a zerk in rbf lol....lvl 60 wiz roll head on keyboard in rbf and score 

lets line up the whole server with there backs to a lvl60 wiz while he press a key n 1 shot all. Then post that gif next to zerk one

I haven't complained about berserkers in a single one of my posts in this thread, but whatever man. My point was proven the second I posted that GIF. His gear is posted in this thread, my gear is posted in this thread. All the facts are on the table and the argument that berserkers need grab chains to kill players is proven to be 100% inaccurate.

I'm done wasting my time with someone who can barely form coherent sentences, let alone form an actual counter-argument.

Posted

The gif is pointless any class can do same... I wasnt comment on op i was talking about this pointless gif. 

Anyway im done here 

I feel sorry for people brain washed by this gif. A gif that any class can do most even better

will read later i got rl work to do

Don't mind him Hog, dudes retarded. Let me make a gif over the weekend doing back/air attacks to a scrub player that doesn't gem for pvp. 

Kid's trash message PvP or Roidz to learn to build your class. 

Posted

Just want to point out in that gif the berserker uses blasting which isn't viable for really anything other than 1v1s due to the lack of super armor

also in case most of you weren't aware grab chain is easy to get out of, just spam iframes or a super armor dash after the first grab and you'll desync the second...basically if you get grab chained you're bad

1v1 berserker's are good, large scale fights they're ok for cc but the damage is completely lacking compared to most classes and get melted instantly by the witch/wiz zergball most guilds seem to have regardless of dp...we're basically back to being cc support in group fights but die soooo much faster due to awakenings and we're not as effective due to the ammount of superarmor awakened classes get

I haven't complained about berserkers in a single one of my posts in this thread, but whatever man. My point was proven the second I posted that GIF. His gear is posted in this thread, my gear is posted in this thread. All the facts are on the table and the argument that berserkers need grab chains to kill players is proven to be 100% inaccurate.
I'm done wasting my time with someone who can barely form coherent sentences, let alone form an actual counter-argument.

the combo he did to you would be a death sentence to him in any sort of group fight...blasting (where he punches you) doesn't have super armor...basically making it worthless in most pvp

the exception is 1v1s where the person you're fighting is bad or they have their hands off the keyboard

Posted (edited)

If you think berserkers can't have good damage or are "weak" then you are bad. The end. You can't blame the class because of lack of player skill or proper use of super armor, positioning, and knowledge of mechanics and the basic premise of the class. Using no accuracy as a Zerker? Then do no damage on ANYONE with moderate evasion. Stacking DR? Then be prepared to get killed instantly by anyone with high AP. Yeah any shitter can grab chain and stack DP and run in and be a "cc bot" but if you use proper positioning and are aware of the people you CC, who else is around you and your teammates it can be viable to slugfest and blasting ( although it does include risk). I have been and will continue to pvp at the highest level against the strongest players with only saiyer and protection stone as my source of DP ( mostly using nouver and destruction stone ). Not only that but zerkers are also a top tier grinding class once you get semi-geared ( >200 ap with proper accuracy) If you have questions or salt feel free to pm me on here or IG: Longbearded/Sagebearded.  

Edited by Broku
Spelling is hard
1 person likes this

Posted

If you think berserkers can't have good damage or are "weak" then you are bad. The end. You can't blame the class because of lack of player skill or proper use of super armor, positioning, and knowledge of mechanics and the basic premise of the class. Using no accuracy as a Zerker? Then do no damage on ANYONE with moderate evasion. Stacking DR? Then be prepared to get killed instantly by anyone with high AP. Yeah any shitter can grab chain and stack DP and run in and be a "cc bot" but if you use proper positioning and are aware of the people you CC, who else is around you and your teammates it can be viable to slugfest and blasting ( although it does include risk). I have been and will continue to pvp at the highest level against the strongest players with only saiyer and protection stone as my source of DP ( mostly using nouver and destruction stone ). Not only that but zerkers are also a top tier grinding class once you get semi-geared ( >200 ap with proper accuracy) If you have questions or salt feel free to pm me on here or IG: Longbearded/Sagebearded.  

with the ammount of wizards/witches running around spamming huge damage aoe ccs slugfest and blasting are a death sentence, when you catch stragglers with no one around to help them they become viable but otherwise no

Devestation, ground lifting and disarray was what I was mostly referring to when I said we are cc bots, not grabs (grabs are too desyncy for me to be reliable in group fights, don't really have a problem 1v1).  Sure you can get some kills with these skills but our big damage is locked out due to lack of superarmor in group fight situations

Also didnt you reroll wizard? 

Posted

@Reave711 Thats where i said positioning and combat awareness. Slugfest is a CC so when used in proper position in node wars and large group fights it actually viable. Blasting is useless unless 1v1 anyways bc the AOE isn't large at all so there isnt any reason to attempt that skill in group fights anyways so that doesnt even need to be mentioned. But yeah the lack of super armor on slugfest i think is actually a good mechanic because it makes players actually have to be aware and make sure they are in a good position in order to use one effectively in large scale. The last thing we need is a bunch of no skill zerkers free casting slugfest and stunning people up without any worries. Obviously my opinion is in the minority though, but i do understand where you are coming from with alot of our DPS not being readily accessible in most situations. Also i wasnt singling you or anyone else, just kind of thorwing my opinion out there. 

Also didnt reroll, i geared my wiz for kamasilve PVE grind for the most part. Still doing 90% of pvp on the zerker.

Posted

@Reave711 Thats where i said positioning and combat awareness. Slugfest is a CC so when used in proper position in node wars and large group fights it actually viable. Blasting is useless unless 1v1 anyways bc the AOE isn't large at all so there isnt any reason to attempt that skill in group fights anyways so that doesnt even need to be mentioned. But yeah the lack of super armor on slugfest i think is actually a good mechanic because it makes players actually have to be aware and make sure they are in a good position in order to use one effectively in large scale. The last thing we need is a bunch of no skill zerkers free casting slugfest and stunning people up without any worries. Obviously my opinion is in the minority though, but i do understand where you are coming from with alot of our DPS not being readily accessible in most situations. Also i wasnt singling you or anyone else, just kind of thorwing my opinion out there. 

Also didnt reroll, i geared my wiz for kamasilve PVE grind for the most part. Still doing 90% of pvp on the zerker.

I get what you're saying about the situational awareness/positioning and can occasionally get slugfest off when engaging from the sides and am not being focused...its just not very often due to the insane number of witches and wizards out there spamming aoe skills (pretty sure all of which have cc)

it kinda just sucks that pretty much every class has superarmor or frontal block on a majority of their dps...hell I'd love for slugfest to have frontal block, positioning would still be important but it would be much more viable in group fights

also so really glad you aren't maining wizard, actually really enjoy your streams when I can catch them

Posted

Zerkers are crazy in node wars lol, EBuff>flame buster flow> side step and repeat. They can obliterate half a raid without being in range to be damaged, they then go in and just aoe stun everything.

Whoever says zerkers can be beast mode in node wars needs to learn to play the class

Posted (edited)

Zerker is just a underwhelming experience if you have shit gear sorry to say it folks it gets better when you get your gear up that's what I have heard from zerkers lvl 60+ with full boss gear and over 200+ aap

also regarding that gif it proves nothing you could have done a lot to counter that

Edited by HJAMLARI
1 person likes this

Posted

WHY, did you guys resurrect this thread...............?

1 person likes this

Posted

probably because zerker is underpowered and needs buff. join the movement

2 people like this

Posted

Any class can be seen as underpowered or overpowered from the losers perspective. Im still a grab chain one trick pony zerker. So i dont have any real weight in this arguement. But i can say that Node wars are a nightmare for me. Cause i dont even know what to really do, besides wait till my 100% ult stun is up or just run around and be an eyesore. I dont think zerker needs any buffs cause i have been butt -----ed by a zerker who used 0 grabs. So just get your gear up and everything will be okay.

*GEAR IS EVERYTHING, NO GEAR = NO GOOD"

1 person likes this

Posted

Read your skills ... You can do alot in mass scale other than waiting for your 100%.

Posted

Right, some have knockdown skills, we Berserks (HUuuge fuken giants) have grabs. What do you expect to have? Slaps, backhand pimp slaps, because we have big hands? You have them 2 axes and a handcannon from Gutts, what more do you want? Pls....

Posted

Don't mind him Hog, dudes retarded. Let me make a gif over the weekend doing back/air attacks to a scrub player that doesn't gem for pvp. 

Kid's trash message PvP or Roidz to learn to build your class. 

watched ozimir shit on both players repeatedly over and over before he abandoned giant. barely needed any grab chains (like he never needed any vs 99% of the playerbase on NA) whats your point here?

blah blah blah

you are so incredibly dumb you cant even seem to understand that air/down/back attack are separate special attack multipliers that dont stack with the other, the only 50% back attack hit the giant in the gif did was the first attack

Posted

watched ozimir shit on both players repeatedly over and over before he abandoned giant. barely needed any grab chains (like he never needed any vs 99% of the playerbase on NA) whats your point here?

Who cares about Ozimir... kids a rerolled loser. 

Posted

Just want to point out in that gif the berserker uses blasting which isn't viable for really anything other than 1v1s due to the lack of super armor

also in case most of you weren't aware grab chain is easy to get out of, just spam iframes or a super armor dash after the first grab and you'll desync the second...basically if you get grab chained you're bad

1v1 berserker's are good, large scale fights they're ok for cc but the damage is completely lacking compared to most classes and get melted instantly by the witch/wiz zergball most guilds seem to have regardless of dp...we're basically back to being cc support in group fights but die soooo much faster due to awakenings and we're not as effective due to the ammount of superarmor awakened classes get

the combo he did to you would be a death sentence to him in any sort of group fight...blasting (where he punches you) doesn't have super armor...basically making it worthless in most pvp

the exception is 1v1s where the person you're fighting is bad or they have their hands off the keyboard

Hi Guys,

I know a little bit about zerker, and this guy is speaking truth. Although the guy in the GIF used slugfest not blasting, the not viable part is true. Zerker is very strong 1v1 yes, this is why sadly the class will never get a buff. What the class needs to be viable in siege the way many would like to play it is super armor added to blasting, frontal block added to slugfest. This would make the class viable for siege in the way some people want to play it, rather than cc/die/grab people in your backline playstyle. 

Also you still have to have about 240ap on a zerker to do a lifting into blasting and 1 combo 290+ dp players. Which still does mean the class requires more gear to do the same thing as other classes. But again in a real largish scale pvp scenario you can't even do this because you will just get cc'ed if you use your actual dmging abilities. 

But yes, in 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, the class is great and buffing it for siege where it needs to play an aggressive dmg dealing playstyle(like it can do in 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, etc). It would probably make it to strong in the arena and these tourney's that KR is having.

Posted

Hello. Today I will tell you a story, the story of the Giant / Berserker in BDO. Many of you are unaware, so it is important to know.

Since day 1 of the game, the class has been vastly underpowered. You wouldn't believe who weak we were for the first couple of months. Our main methods of killing someone back then was to do 10-combo grab chains. Endless grab chains. Eventually, around May 2016, we got a couple of buffs. Things were looking up, we had a future. The buffs came and went many times. At the end of the day, we were still vastly relying on grab chains pre-awakening. Yes, there were the top 1% of Zerkers that knew how to play their class and rarely used grab chains. But they are the exception, not the rule.

For the longest time, the hope was that our awakening would be "our saving". That it would fix our horrible damage. That we WOULDN'T have to grab chain to death. That we were something MORE than Damage Sponges.

Awakenings came, we were buffed. Then nerfed. We are now back to grab chains and being huge damage sponges, with mediocre CC and tank abilities. The story of Berserker / Giant is one of pointlessness. It seems like we will never get away from grab chains. Imagine you have been using the exact same combo for almost a year to kill people. It gets old, doesn't it? We get buffed, only to be nerfed shortly after. And we then resort to the good ole grab chains. We should NOT have to use grab chains or BWS anymore. Like ever. It is a sad state.

Dear Zerkers, I'm afraid we will always be doomed to grab chains and being damage sponges.

As a day 1 player, and the first level 61 Zerk on NA (Drafunx), it is safe to say that this class has no future. 

ofc we grab chain, the class is designed around it, why wouldnt you use it. even with the DK we are still the best class in the game by, a freakin huge all rounder. back before mediah we were already a -----ing good class but the pre awakening zerk was waaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy harder to play, then came the overpowered buffs we got and since then, we are the top of the chain food. if you dont think we stand at the top, you're clearly doin it wrong and it strongly suggest you to reroll.

Posted (edited)

ofc we grab chain, the class is designed around it, why wouldnt you use it. even with the DK we are still the best class in the game by, a freakin huge all rounder. back before mediah we were already a -----ing good class but the pre awakening zerk was waaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy harder to play, then came the overpowered buffs we got and since then, we are the top of the chain food. if you dont think we stand at the top, you're clearly doin it wrong and it strongly suggest you to reroll.

lol before we got the preawakening buffs we were kinda ass.  If you had better gear than who you were fighting and played flawlessly you could do work...provided you didn't desync

im talking like way back in the darkflame and shotgun spam days

then we got some nice preawakening buffs that made us really good if played well

Currently we're amazing in 1v1s, interestingly enough I think this is a part of our problem.  There's only a few things they could do to buff zerkers largescale performance with out making it incredibly broken in 1v1.  

Largescale is dominated by witch, wizard, and soon dk (people are still learning the class)...that's just how it is right now, we still have a role and are useful but we are NOT top of the food chain in group fights

Hi Guys,

I know a little bit about zerker, and this guy is speaking truth. Although the guy in the GIF used slugfest not blasting, the not viable part is true. Zerker is very strong 1v1 yes, this is why sadly the class will never get a buff. What the class needs to be viable in siege the way many would like to play it is super armor added to blasting, frontal block added to slugfest. This would make the class viable for siege in the way some people want to play it, rather than cc/die/grab people in your backline playstyle. 

Also you still have to have about 240ap on a zerker to do a lifting into blasting and 1 combo 290+ dp players. Which still does mean the class requires more gear to do the same thing as other classes. But again in a real largish scale pvp scenario you can't even do this because you will just get cc'ed if you use your actual dmging abilities. 

But yes, in 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, the class is great and buffing it for siege where it needs to play an aggressive dmg dealing playstyle(like it can do in 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, etc). It would probably make it to strong in the arena and these tourney's that KR is having.

lol I'm bad and I feel dumb, I just rewatched it and it's clearly slugfest 

Edited by Kirves

Posted

This sounds more like someone who wants to be able to play a class according to their "class fantasy". 

We got dez healz, so what if we lack a little deepz

Man that song legit almost makes me tear up. Rip e-dubble

Posted

pre awakening, not a single zerk was doin a combo correctly and yes during the spam DF era we couldnt use grabs cuz of massive dsync, this was a real challenge. people were shit, not the class. people were complaining about warrior as well, yet good warriors were kicking asses as well.

and ofc large scale is dominated by DK/wizard, what do you expect? massive pvp as always been rulled by long range/wide AOE classes, it has nothing to do with BDO, its the same everywhere.

we are already the OPest, what kind of buff would you possible want? we stand on the same spot as ninjas in 1v1s and we are among the most like melee in GvG, what more would you like?

I mean seriously, we got CC, we got damages, we got tankyness and since the awakening we arnt that hard to play anymore. I just dont get it whinning like this for nothing is just meh...

Posted

Drafunx paid that panda site well over $1,000 USD to level him to 61, and once he hit 61, proceeded to blow up all of his gear. How can you make an argument against a berserker based on the say-so of someone who can't even play the class because he didn't even train it himself? He was mediocre at best, and that's stretching it.

Posted

wow really? i have 214ap with kutum and x5 ap crsytals with x2 RCE and im sure icant come close to this damage lol,

what buffs,etc? did he use 100% black spirit rage?

dude fluxx you been playing giant for so long and you still dont understand saiyer is must have?