• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Do you try to 1% or filthy casual?

83 posts in this topic

Posted

Ive found since ive been back everyone is treating and "playing" this game like its a job. Investing hundreds of hours and billions of silver on 5% chances of successful tet and pen enchantments and reaching level 60+.

Ending up with grey hairs, sore eyes, hateful elitist attitudes, and a general loathing of the game but feeling the need to recoup losses(time &money) by doing the samething over and over again until they are ready to stab someones mother with a pelicans beak then rage quitting all for sake of trying to be "competitive" in a PvP game that is not even properly balanced to truly give all your hardwork the payoff and bragging rights you deserve for your perseverance.

Is this truly a enjoyable game experience for every one of you reaching to be the best 1 or even top 10%? To know you can spend billions of silver and tens or hundreds of hours only to see something you worked so hard on to fail and total invalidate all your investment?

I am a casual, i was a hardcore player of MMO's until i realised i actually enjoy what the game is and whats in it alot more when i take a breath and realize that i would rather be in the bottom 1% and enjoy my time spent in game 90% of the time rather than be in top 1% and enjoy my time spent in game 10% of the time.

Please remember to enjoy the game and PLAY instead of just "working" the game to enjoy it.

It is after all a game.

Happy Gaming.

18 people like this

Posted

Being elitist is fun and hilarious and worth the grind. 

1 person likes this

Posted

My 136 failstacks on my tet attempts will make me gkick anyone who makes a shitty pun in guild chat but besides that its ok.  

1 person likes this

Posted

Being elitist is fun and hilarious and worth the grind. 

its okay Dremlock, we can hear your soul screaming in agony 

you don't have to lie

there, there *pats*

5 people like this

Posted (edited)

I consider myself the very top of 1%, im like the .1% 

Ive never lost a duel or a pvp fight

ive never lost to RNG

ive never lost to lifeskillers 

ive never lost to RP-ers 

Ive never even lost to GMs 

My secret you ask? 

6PlRXhI.gif

Edited by Hada
20 people like this

Posted

you can try to be casual, it might even work for a while

Posted

you don't have to lie

there, there *pats*

VvvLvDZ.png

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

The problem is like half the people in this Forum are in the top 2%  ... even if we lifeskill all day.  In OTHER words... it's a perspective problem where the real Metrics aren't published very often in MMO's but anytime they are, it's revealed that Forum users typically represent an extremely skewed demographic when compared to the VAST majority of the actual so-casual-they-barely-play population that makes up 90% of any game's Demo.

That one guy is a lot more accurate when he satirically corrects the OP by saying that real elitists like him are the 0.1%, not merely the 1%.  Last week I was on Wealth leaderboard for instance and I HATE the concept of "elite" 

Edited by iller

Posted

My 136 failstacks on my tet attempts will make me gkick anyone who makes a shitty pun in guild chat but besides that its ok.  

Can I haz? Pretty please.

I shall make that stack into a glorious PEN.:x 

Posted

you don't have to lie

there, there *pats*

Yes we can hear it, cause his guild decides to spam channel chat over and over like insane people.

Posted

Yes we can hear it, cause his guild decides to spam channel chat over and over like insane people.

baka wins again

Posted (edited)

Snip 

On a serious note. I play the game casualish, and I still manage to be the top whatever %. I have TRI yellow accessories, TET weapons. Missing only tri ogre ring and TETing my nouver for my full AP set. Then I should be at 249 AP. Had quite some attempts so far.

And around 5b spent on ogre rings alone.

It's completly possible to spend normal hours playing this game and staying competitive. If you spend your afk time we'll.  And spend the little time you do play efficiently, its pretty easy. 

My main currently is 60. Got a 59 sorc, 57 wiz, 56 witch and tamer, and a 55 maehwa too.

And for like half a year I've barely even grinder.  Take the last 2 weeks I've probably only actually played around 10 hours total.

Forgot to add. I've not have super luck on  my enchanting either. Most of the time I've been dead average or unlucky.

Edited by Someone

Posted

On a serious note. I play the game casualish, and I still manage to be the top whatever %. I have TRI yellow accessories, TET weapons. Missing only tri ogre ring and TETing my nouver for my full AP set. The I should be at 249 AP. Had quite some attempts so far.

And around 5b spent on ogre rings alone.

It's completly possible to spend normal hours playing this game and staying competitive. If you spend your afk time we'll.  And spend the little time you do play efficiently, its pretty easy. 

My main currently is 60. Got a 59 sorc, 57 wiz, 56 witch and tamer, and a 55 maehwa too.

And for like half a year I've barely even grinder.  Take the last 2 weeks I've probably only actually played around 10 hours total.

>lvl60 and a lvl59
>250 AP
>Casualish

lmao nope. U may not be playin a bunch now but before those 2 weeks at one point or another for an extended period of time u were definitely way more hardcore than 99% of the BDO community. 

5 people like this

Posted

snip

Being knowledgeable about game strategy and mechanics as well as time vested do help immensely even as casuals. :)

Posted

>lvl60 and a lvl59>250 AP
>Casualish

lmao nope. U may not be playin a bunch now but before those 2 weeks at one point or another for an extended period of time u were definitely way more hardcore than 99% of the BDO community. 

I spent a lot of time playing pre-kunoichi. And after that I spent a lot of time grinding to 60. I've played in bursts. But after I got 60 I've barely grinded any at all. And most my upgrades came after that time. So no I've not played it hard core at all. But when I grind I do it efficiently.

I earn around 20-30m an hour grinding. And I earn a lot from afk activities too.

Just cause you don't know how to be efficient in the game that does not mean others don't know.

I know life skillers that are better greared than even me that mostly do afk activities. Don't underestimate what you can do as a casual as long as you can keep you PC on.

Being knowledgeable about game strategy and mechanics as well as time vested do help immensely even as casuals. :)

Exactly this.  ^^

Posted

I spent a lot of time playing pre-kunoichi. And after that I spent a lot of time grinding to 60. I've played in bursts. But after I got 60 I've barely grinded any at all. And most my upgrades came after that time. So no I've not played it hard core at all. But when I grind I do it efficiently.

I earn around 20-30m an hour grinding. And I earn a lot from afk activities too.

Just cause you don't know how to be efficient in the game that does not mean others don't know.

I know life skillers that are better greared than even me that mostly do afk activities. Don't underestimate what you can do as a casual as long as you can keep you PC on.

you're just too far gone to even realize what casual play is. Casuals don't grind for hours. 

5 people like this

Posted

I consider myself the very top of 1%, im like the .1% 

Ive never lost a duel or a pvp fight

ive never lost to RNG

ive never lost to lifeskillers 

ive never lost to RP-ers 

Ive even lost to GMs 

My secret you ask? 

6PlRXhI.gif

Was expecting to scroll down and see. "I'm a berserker"

Posted

Learn to share.

Posted

you're just too far gone to even realize what casual play is. Casuals don't grind for hours. 

I haven't grinded more than 2 hours straight for mooooonths. Just saying.

And for when I leveled. I did no life it yeah.  I took some time off and just grinded 7-10 hours a day till I dinged. Other than that I don't grind near as much.

If you wanna call that hardcore go ahead. But I really don't think it is. Most of this game I have spent afk.   

And sometimes if I got some time off I can get myself to do a money grind for 4-5 hours. But it is very very rare and haven't done it in a good while. 

And I still manage to have a steady income even when I am not playing. This week I am earning around 500m total JUST from afking. ;)

Posted

I took some time off and just grinded 7-10 hours a day till I dinged. 

If you wanna call that hardcore go ahead. But I really don't think it is.

>grinded 7-10 hours a day
>casual
>my-----ingsides.jpeg

1 person likes this

Posted

That was just a couple of weeks mate. You've always been clueless. So never mind you. Just ignore most of what I say and snip the part that fits your agenda like you always do. -_-

Posted

That was just a couple of weeks mate. You've always been clueless. So never mind you. Just ignore most of what I say and snip the part that fits your agenda like you always do. -_-

you are delusional. 

Posted

if u sleep more then u play , ur a casual.

Posted

to all the casuals that may be reading this thread,

simply take off from work and grind for 7 hours a day until u get 60. that's a 100% normal and casual thing to do. 

6 people like this

Posted

I haven't grinded more than 2 hours straight for mooooonths. Just saying.

And for when I leveled. I did no life it yeah.  I took some time off and just grinded 7-10 hours a day till I dinged. Other than that I don't grind near as much.

If you wanna call that hardcore go ahead. But I really don't think it is. Most of this game I have spent afk.   

And sometimes if I got some time off I can get myself to do a money grind for 4-5 hours. But it is very very rare and haven't done it in a good while. 

And I still manage to have a steady income even when I am not playing. This week I am earning around 500m total JUST from afking. ;)

Super casual spotted. <facepalm.png>

4 people like this