• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Paymentwall....what a joke.

13 posts in this topic

Posted

So Paymentwall has blocked the payment system for reasons unknown and now they want pics of my I.D.  and debit card along with other personal info. I've used the same account many times buying pearls including the actual purchase of BDO itself.  This has come to be such an inconvenience that I'm considering quiting the game all together.  I will not be sending personal information to an "international" service provider and have told them so already.  Please get this resolved because they are hindering your profits.  MaulerX

Posted (edited)

Use Paypal. I have no problem with Paypal. And they are secure. No ID needed. Just a valid address and email.

Edited by Tirinath

Posted

You can't use PayPal when Paymentwall has blocked you from any payments to BDO at all, unfortunately.  I gave up and will no longer spend money on the game.  If there isn't another payment system by the time my value packs run out and I can't grab any off the market, then I'll probably quit or take a break for a long while.  Paymentwall really is a crap system and is almost certainly costing them a chunk of profit off pearl store sales.

Posted

Paypal doesn't go through Paymentwall. It's a separate payment system. Like I said in my previous post, I have had NO problem using paypal to buy pearls or Duam cash. If you are having trouble with paymentwall, maybe there is something shady about your credit card.

Posted

I am having the same problem and PayPal is NOT the solution. I tried using paypal 2x and my credit card company denied, same payment amount it saw it as a duplicate, from then on I got block and cannot use ANY form of payment and they want my personal information as well, this is a NO GO. I'll be playing for free until they get this worked out on their side, which may be forever at this rate. I made 4 payments after the paypal incident and all went through ok, so no reason to have my personal information, I even sent them copies of credit card statements showing the paypal charge and charges that went through ok. They are inflexible. Sorry but I don't give up that kind of information to an overseas company just to play a game.

Posted

I have had no issues.

I find it a little interesting that most of the people in this topic are brand new forum accounts.

1 person likes this

Posted

I've been playing for about 7 months and never had a problem or complaint (that wasn't minor and mostly just opinion, anyway) before Paymentwall came into the picture.  I actually remember you from Uno I think, KFC.  I had alternates on each server group to get rewards though because I'm awful.  I typically don't post on official game forums unless I see something as a serious problem, so take whatever from that.  I was using both PayPal to make purchases and a regular, completely normal credit card that I've had for years. 

Posted

heres what i did. i took a picture my old school I.D.. i pretend that im still a student and i dont have passport,national,driver.etc id yet.

then  i recorded a video (using fraps or any video recording software)... I logged my paypal account, showing my full name, and history purchase/refund of bdo kakao games

then i took a photo of my virtual visa.. with my full name shown in it.. make sure you cover your visa/credit card number

after 30min they allow me to purchase.. easy peasy.

Posted (edited)

This is a pretty bad system, Ive just finished my 7 day trial and go to purchase game via CC was going to spend $24.99 and get the more expensive option and after entering my CC info I am hit with Paymentwalls pop up that is asking me for my Photo ID and bank statements. There was No prior warning that this information would be needed and I will not give this type of information to a foreign company I know nothing about just to purchase a game. What I disliked most of all and found dubious was that:

1. The money had already been taken from my account before i provided this information? then why ask for it?

2. On this pop up menu there was no option to go back and choose another options as I was unhappy with this process. Locking me in to sending this info is not cool. I find tactics like this to be unacceptable and paramount to holding me hostage to their demand for personal information.

Now I close the window as there was no option to go back and restart the process trying to pay via Paypal. I am directed to a similar page that says my account is blocked from any payments the money has been refunded and to get this sorted I have to send the information that I didnt want to in the first place anyway? WTF?

Now theyre asking for my personal information (that could quite easily be used for identity theft and I will never give freely over the internet) and I havent even paid anything??? WTFx2??

5 hours later, I havent received a relpy to the email I sent Paymentwall to get this sorted... poor form :(

'Paymentwall' is a great name for a company if you want them to be an invasive middle man to STOP you paying money for a product. if this dosent get sorted out soon I will not purchase this game and any of the pearl bundles I would have no doubt purchased too.

I can see BDO losing vast chunks of potential income from new players thanks to this invasive system.

Edited by Savasana

Posted (edited)

I first played this game in beta  and a good 6month afterward   I receivec and email about the new dk character coming soon I was all happy  about it I decide to get some daum coin to get ready. PAYMENT WALL IS blocking my payment  accusing me of fraud what more  !!  Here what they are asking  me 

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Paymentwall.

Kindly send us readable and unedited colored photos(showing all four edges) of the following documents:

*Front and back copies of your valid government-issued identification(e.g. driver’s license, National ID, passport)

Also, may we know what payment method you will be using for your purchases in the future? In case you would like to pay via credit or debit card, please send us readable and unedited colored photos(showing all four edges) of the following documents:

First 6 digits of the card
Last 4 digits of the card(kindly hide the numbers in between)
Name that shows on the card
Expiration date of the card

You can attach the documents in your reply to this inquiry in picture format (JPEG, PNG, etc.) Make sure that the file is 3 MB or less.

Please be advised that we follow strict procedures to ensure that your personal and financial information remain secure. For details, please visit https://www.paymentwall.com/privacypolicy.

We hope to hear from you soon.

Regards,
Paymentwall Verification Team

This is how daum /KAKAOGAMES WANT TO TREAT THERE RETURNING PLAYERS ?

I responded to them they can kindly go F-U-C-K themselves

Edited by Inomi
2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Paypal doesn't go through Paymentwall. It's a separate payment system. Like I said in my previous post, I have had NO problem using paypal to buy pearls or Duam cash. If you are having trouble with paymentwall, maybe there is something shady about your credit card.

It does.

Edited by Caduryn

Posted

Well for those that think they can get help from a GM in game with this issue, here ya go. Screwed unless you send your private info to Paymentwall!

GM Lithium (Black Desert Online)

Mar 7, 16:39 CET

Hello, I am GM Lithium and I will be assisting you with your ticket today.

Thank you for contacting Black Desert Online Customer Support.

I know it might be frustrating having to provide additional information in order to make a purchase, but please understand that our partnership with Paymentwall was established to improve the overall levels of service and to help facilitate the payment process. All of our payment inquiries are now handled by Paymentwall directly.

Paymentwall requests the same type of information as our support in regards to account management issues.

Thank you for your understanding. If you have any game-related issues, I'll be more than happy to help you with this.

Kind regards,

GM Lithium
Game Master

Our knowledge base is regularly updated with current issues. It will answer some of the most common questions and save you having to wait for a response from a Games Master.
You can access the knowledge base by following the link below. https://blackdesert.zendesk.com/hc/en-us
You can also follow our social media pages for news and announcements. https://www.facebook.com/BlackDesertOnline/ https://twitter.com/BDO_news

Posted

As I have mentioned in other threads similar to the topic of this threat I have had similar experiences folks have mentioned when I tried to purchase the game.  I will not be sharing electronic copies of my identification.  It is unfortunate that this game is buy to play when one cannot even buy it without providing highly sensitive personally identifiable information that could be potentially subject to a data breach.  While paymentwall is PCI compliant, it is still not a guarantee to not have a data breach. Also, their communications give little assurances as to the protection of information in transit.  Most individuals emailing documents are not utilizing encrypted email so such communications can be intercepted.  It is troubling that they provide very little information regarding their protections they have in place and revert back to generic responses that they need the information to follow their policy.  Is the information being viewed or stored outside of the U.S.?  Is the information being stored for prolonged periods of time?  A paymentwall representative I communicated with indicated they do not save any of the information, but did not provide any information regarding how the information is disposed.  The problem with their approach is that it does not allow for different methods to verify a purchase that does not involve sharing electronic copies of identification.  It is unclear why Kakao or paymentwall is not working with the credit card companies or paypal to verify with their mutual customers that the purchases are legitimate.  Their process seems somewhat backwards.  

Another user in this thread pointed out that most of the folks who are posting complaints about paymentwall are new forum user.  I cannot speak to other users, which did not appear to all be newbies in my review, but as I mentioned above, I was attempting to purchase the game for the first time and was blocked. I had no need to establish a forum presence for a game I did not play. I created a forum presence so I can voice my frustration and to request a gift package so I don't have to compromise my personally identifiable information.  If anyone would be gracious enough to provide me a gift package, it would be awesome.

Thanks.