• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Trying to become a third rate game Kakao???

8 posts in this topic

Posted

Why dont you do yourselves a favor and get rid of the tacky advertising on the bottom right spamming people to buy weight increase from your pearl shop , We know where to buy it We dont need to SPAM your advertising like some late night infomerrcial , your no better then a gold seller now

6 people like this

Posted

You can turn it off in settings

2 people like this

Posted

I do not understand why they did this. I just simply don't. :/

Posted

Having quit back within a few months of launch, and returning to the game as it is now without having kept up at all with the changes, I got sort of a culture shock look at what's changed. For that reason, I can almost understand why they did this.

When I left, there were a LOT of cash incentive based things going; for instance: the game's heavy reliance on Elion's Tears, and the ghillie suit was pretty darn awesome . Things like that were bringing in big cash, but causing a bit of a sour note amongst the players. When I left, people couldn't even put pearl items up on the store and yet were already yelling at "p2w". 

The game was looking a little bleak when I left.

Now that I've returned, I'm seeing a lot less of that sort of thing. I'm getting a lot less feeling that the game is trying to syphon my money from me, like I did when I left. They still need people to buy things, in lieu of having tons of people who can play without literally paying a dime, so they are peddling more of the "Quality of Life" stuff.

Do I find it a little tasteless? Sure, it is giving the feel of an in-app purchase mobile game with stuff like that... but honestly, compared to the direction the game was heading before, it's night and day. I'd take this over the early days in a heartbeat.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Having quit back within a few months of launch, and returning to the game as it is now without having kept up at all with the changes, I got sort of a culture shock look at what's changed. For that reason, I can almost understand why they did this.

When I left, there were a LOT of cash incentive based things going; for instance: the game's heavy reliance on Elion's Tears, and the ghillie suit was pretty darn awesome . Things like that were bringing in big cash, but causing a bit of a sour note amongst the players. When I left, people couldn't even put pearl items up on the store and yet were already yelling at "p2w". 

The game was looking a little bleak when I left.

Now that I've returned, I'm seeing a lot less of that sort of thing. I'm getting a lot less feeling that the game is trying to syphon my money from me, like I did when I left. They still need people to buy things, in lieu of having tons of people who can play without literally paying a dime, so they are peddling more of the "Quality of Life" stuff.

Do I find it a little tasteless? Sure, it is giving the feel of an in-app purchase mobile game with stuff like that... but honestly, compared to the direction the game was heading before, it's night and day. I'd take this over the early days in a heartbeat.

It's still there, people just got used to it. Trent suit still hides your name I think. Recently-released shark suite gives tremendous benefits in terms of Margoria content. Other costumes give tremendous benefits to cooks, processors, etc. They have the notice that comes up every time you log in advertising CS items and events. Events make you open the CS for reasons that feel artificial to say the least. There is the daily loyalty that also makes you open the store from time to time. Store front page is, of course, populated with adds for paid stuff. They still slowly drip-feed new costumes that always look a little bit better than the last ones. You can now sell costumes on the MP, basically buying in-game silver with real money. They still have Elion's Tears, plus now they have Artisan's Memory, which is the new p2w thingie. They have costume tailoring token that offers stats on crafted costumes. The way I see it, everything is still going on, plus a lot more new stuff.

But my biggest gripe: the game is still made 4 no-lifers. If you wanna make money, if you wanna progress in the game, you absolutely positively have to no-life it. If you are a life skiller, gathering, processing and crafting takes forever. If you are a grinder, you have to grind 10-12 hours to make good money. If you are a boss-farmer, you have to be on 24/7 watching out for bosses. On top of all that, everything in the MP is still sniped, you have to camp MP for hours to have a shot at getting what you want. Oh yes, this game hasn't changed a bit. 

Edited by Coeprandua

Posted

You can turn it off in settings

u da real mvp

Posted

Yeah there's a setting to turn it off :o Wish it wasn't on by default

Posted

I turned it off immediately, but the thing that annoyed me most wasn't how it instantly made the game feel money grabby and greedy. But that it told me to buy weight limit increases, when I'd already hit the limit. So I couldn't buy more. But it just sat there. All "Why haven't you bought me yet?"

2 people like this

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0