• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

About to join the ranks of the others who have left this class....

101 posts in this topic

Posted

There are too many disincentives to switching, having to level all lifeskills again, doing all quests again, buying costumes, weight limits, inventory...

I was disappointed with kunoichi stealth when I saw that it only works for mobs that haven't seen the character yet. It would be better if it worked completely, then it could be used at bosses when hp is low to give time to recover.

Posted

9_9

mitsakes is my favorite word.

Ofc if most kuno's/ninja's have switched.

Must be that literally every ninja/kuno must be bad.

What's the #1 thing to be aware of when driving?

Other drivers.

Don't blame a tool because few people can effectively use it.
That's like saying that Wireshark is garbage becuase most people give up on networking after spending an hour(if even that) with it.

Sorry but your argument is derpy.

Posted

I have a level 56 DK, Ranger and Kuno to get a better feel of the classes I was interested in before investing a lot of time into them. From those three I liked Kunoichi the best. So I wanted to read the forum for the last time just because of curiosity what people were saying about Kuno but now I read all this and almost everyone is saying Kuno has no damage. They get destroyed by other classes who are less geared. O_O

Is Kuno really that bad? I understand that if you are geared enough you will have damage but I just want a little fairness. (Ignoring Wizards/Witches.) 
Or does Kuno only provide good CC? 

Posted (edited)

Is Kuno really that bad? I understand that if you are geared enough you will have damage but I just want a little fairness. (Ignoring Wizards/Witches.) 
Or does Kuno only provide good CC? 

Yes...and not even good CC. DK has better CC

Edited by Visnja

Posted (edited)

Kuno has the worst damage output per AP in the game.  If you want to do damage, play something else.
If you want to multi jump and sneak, play Kuno, but that's all she's good for =/

I attacked a Wizard in a war the other day.  Opened from stealth with Chain Crash into Lethal Spin, then followed with my 100% Ult.  Mid ult, the Wizard typed "weak", and then hit me with a single spell dealing 2000hp damage, which also knocked me down.  I guarantee that Wizard was less geared and lower level than me.  With two skills + ult, I did 50% of their health in damage.  I managed to get up, block the 2nd attack, block jump behind the wizard and miss my grab, then immediately Danse Macabre'd back into my Chakram... The Wizard is just standing still this whole time.  I do another Lethal Spin and die to the Wizard's third attack.

This class is broken.

Edited by Velexia

Posted (edited)

Kuno has the worst damage output per AP in the game

True we have the worst AP ratio in the game, just look at other classes: Wizard/Witch, War, Tamer, Sorcerer, etc.

I've currently 214 AP on my Kuno (60) & i'm not able to "OS" someone due to multiple factor => Superarmor: Witch/Wizard are completely insane take no damage during their superarmor, what about us ? We have squishy superarmor, i've stopped to count how many times i die in RBF even in superarmor where Witch/Wizard are more tanky (WTF ?!), and i'm not talking of many desync, ppl who used some glitch ...

& stop saying that most ppl in RBF are 500+ AP/DP, look at those wizard with ONLY 200 AP can OS you (what ever the class you play), & this is almost the same shit for most of others classes who can OS/ 2 shots you.

BUT, yes there's a but, i admit one thing Kuno is really strong in 1v1, probably one of the best face to face class but clearly Kuno needs some work on mass PvP/GvG, Kuno is supposed to be an assassin class which means high rates of damage in few second with a low resistance, currently that's not the case: we are squishy with a slow DPS. The best joke is Wizard/Witch are more tanky than most of the class in the game & do fcking high dmg ... completely non-sense, a mage is supposed to have the lowest armor ratio ... Not the case in BdO it seems.

I'm seriously thinking to leave Kuno & waiting this famous weapon coupon exchange to switch my Dande on a class where i will be over cheat ... -_-

Edited by eclesi4stik
1 person likes this

Posted

Wiz/Witch are very powerful classes and obviously outshine every other class in one thing, which is dealing loads of damage. I agree with some of you, that classes like those need tweaking and certain aspects are too powerful, but you need to realise one thing. If you compare the damage of the most powerful (and stationary) damage dealer to the far more mobile assassin class, obviously the damage dealer will win. 
Should you go for a 1v1, the wiz/witch can throw around as much damage as they want and will have a very hard time beating any skilled Kunoichi. Our class has the ability to avoid, guard and even heal against damage, which paired with our superior mobility should lead to a win for the Kunoichi.

I love kunoichi far too much to leave for another class and don't really enjoy those anyway. Let's see, if we get the kr buffs today! :D

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I don't think even with the Kuno's buff something will change, the main problem is not 1v1 the main problem is our viability in large scale PvP: RBF/GvG/Conquest :S where Wizard is a lot more appreciated than a kuno.

Clearly what do you prefer ? A class which can OS 7-10 guys in 1 spell (& even more (!) these classes can heal your team) or an assassin class which can CCs your opponents with the risk that you will die fast before doing anything ? The choice is easy, that's why you see a lots of Wiz/Witch in node war :).

Edited by eclesi4stik

Posted

It's so complicated. :( Dark knight is better than kunoichi, but some people are saying that witch/wizard is better than dark knight because they can heal themselves.

I don't know what to do.

Posted (edited)

It's so complicated. :( Dark knight is better than kunoichi, but some people are saying that witch/wizard is better than dark knight because they can heal themselves.

I don't know what to do.

Something getting me wrong with the Dark Knight: i've watch some videos which show DK in PvP with very high AP (latest 260 AP) & even with 260 she's not able to one shot a ninja/kuno ? :o WTF, give 260 AP to a war or whatever the class you will be beaten in one spell, unless they changed something in Korea (?) or maybe i'm wrong :D.

My fear about DK is her AP scale, it looks like one of the worst AP scale :S.

Edited by eclesi4stik

Posted

I don't know what to do.

You could play what's fun to you, get high level, and get good at it. I've always found that playing the "strongest" class in a MMO results in quitting for another game once balance gets shaken up. 

Posted

You could play what's fun to you, get high level, and get good at it. I've always found that playing the "strongest" class in a MMO results in quitting for another game once balance gets shaken up. 

I am worried that they will never balance kunoichi. Chakram was a strange choice as awakening, I imagined dual daggers for an assassin. Invisibility seems pointless because it does not protect from damage and is time limited. All the things that I thought were cool about kunoichi have fallen apart after reading the forum and seeing the awakening.

I'm lvl 56 and only doing life skills at the moment. Because life skills are character bound I don't really have a choice anymore on which character to play as a main. I made a suggestion that life skills could be account-wide but I don't see enough support for it.

Posted

Invisible is pretty op actually. You can sneak into the enmie's backline and gank multiple targets, before you take your invisible exit.
The Buffs will mean alot for large scale kunoichi viability, because they get some time off the longer skill rotations and make us faster.

Posted

I don't know what to do.

witch is a pretty tough matchup for DK

both can compete in terms of versatile and ranged attacks

Witch can has 2 good heal moves while DK doesnt

BUT, DK can inturrupt the heal VERY easily from a mile away in her awakening and has a much craftier toolkit.

matchup between these two is VERY interesting.

Wizard thom he's just a plaything in the palms of a DK.

he cant do anything to match DK's range.
his 2 movement skills just cant catch a kiting DK, and after he's used them he has no option but to use his SA to survive DK ranged onslaught.

Posted

I am worried that they will never balance kunoichi. Chakram was a strange choice as awakening, I imagined dual daggers for an assassin. Invisibility seems pointless because it does not protect from damage and is time limited. All the things that I thought were cool about kunoichi have fallen apart after reading the forum and seeing the awakening.

I'm lvl 56 and only doing life skills at the moment. Because life skills are character bound I don't really have a choice anymore on which character to play as a main. I made a suggestion that life skills could be account-wide but I don't see enough support for it.

Incremental buffs have been hitting with every patch lately. It seems that PA isn't going to make the mistake that other developers do by kneejerking and rolling out giant balance patches all at once. 

IMO your warped opinion on stealth is the problem with just reading the doom and gloom whiny posts on this forum and taking it as the 100% reality in the game. People always focus on the negative and exaggerate to get their point across, it's completely normal. Stealth is really good. Sure, sometimes it's bugged, but most of the time it works and it's a huge advantage. It allows you to open a combo on someone (or even a group of someones who are close together) without any awareness before that first CC lands and it's too late, and it allows you to escape and reset a fight in a way that other classes can't. Kuno has the most enjoyable awakening that I've played so far (6 classes at 56+) and I am not in a rush to trade it for anything. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Invisible is pretty op actually. You can sneak into the enmie's backline and gank multiple targets, before you take your invisible exit.
The Buffs will mean alot for large scale kunoichi viability, because they get some time off the longer skill rotations and make us faster.

In reality, you sneak into the back line, attack multiple targets, and then instantly die.

Posted

I would prefer Kuno to fall in the middle but she cannot even do this

Posted

i was sticking with kuno for so long when everyone got their awakening and shit, but i think its time to move on cuz i dont see the potential in her anymore. they buffed her a bit to blind us and that's it

Posted (edited)

IMO your warped opinion on stealth is the problem with just reading the doom and gloom whiny posts on this forum and taking it as the 100% reality in the game. People always focus on the negative and exaggerate to get their point across, it's completely normal. Stealth is really good. Sure, sometimes it's bugged, but most of the time it works and it's a huge advantage. It allows you to open a combo on someone (or even a group of someones who are close together) without any awareness before that first CC lands and it's too late, and it allows you to escape and reset a fight in a way that other classes can't. Kuno has the most enjoyable awakening that I've played so far (6 classes at 56+) and I am not in a rush to trade it for anything. 

Play your Kuno in high lvl tier 59-61, play in RBF & then we will talk about the stealth mode. Most of Kunos don't really use it to open his target, that's still a nice advantage, even more if it wasn't buggy (like pets which can still hit you after stealth mode ...).

The real issue is not the viability in 1v1, Kuno's is one of the strongest 1v1 but clearly Kuno is not design for large scale PvP because of => aoe, cc in aoe, etc.

And probably the worst points is desync (insane for our CC) & (!!!) people who use glitch: since when people are able to get up 1 sec after our KD and leave the fight ?!!! :o How many times it happens to me ...

Just to be clear Kunos & Ninja are supposed to be assassin class: squishy with very high dps, that's the case for ninja not for us, kuno is based on combo chain CC, clearly in 1v1 it's insane but not in large scale pvp there's too many parameters which can beat us :S ...

Edited by eclesi4stik

Posted

In reality, you sneak into the back line, attack multiple targets, and then instantly die.

If you pick the wrong fight or stay too long, yes. Having dp also helps.

Play your Kuno in high lvl tier 59-61, play in RBF & then we will talk about the stealth mode. Most of Kunos don't really use it to open his target, that's still a nice advantage, even more if it wasn't buggy (like pets which can still hit you after stealth mode ...)

I do and stealth is one of my most useful tools. You need to use it smartly though, which means not going invis in front of players and pets. Obviously you will get killed while doing that.

Posted

No. People are just unskilled with the ninja/kuno class in general.Kuno and Ninja are global counters, but require the most skill out of any of the any classes.

Most people simply don't want to learn what they need to to be gods.
Most people simply don't want to put the work in to be gods.
At the end of the day, any class can do it, it's the driver that makes the mitsakes.

Thats actually a huge insult to people who've mained this class since day one

This person has excellen t movement and general skill and gets deleted by warrior still . I can't see this level of struggle being too viable in group fights. But I don't main kunoich so idk

1 person likes this

Posted

Playing a Kuno or Ninja right now is like using only a silenced pistol in Counter Strike.  

3 people like this

Posted

Thats actually a huge insult to people who've mained this class since day one

This person has excellen t movement and general skill and gets deleted by warrior still . I can't see this level of struggle being too viable in group fights. But I don't main kunoich so idk

Deleted by Warrior? He goes 3:3 against someone who heavily outgears him (251/253/283 vs 257/259/310)  If the Warrior wasn't wearing Kutum he'd probably not have lived through the combos he otherwise survived with 10% HP while potting through. The Warrior is also a good player himself, if you follow Doki you know he doesn't go hunt randoms off the street.

A solid outcome while fighting one of the strongest classes in the game if you ask me

I'm not saying Kuno doesn't have its flaws (it does have lots of them) but people on this board seem to be grasping at straws now.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Deleted by Warrior? He goes 3:3 against someone who heavily outgears him (251/253/283 vs 257/259/310)  If the Warrior wasn't wearing Kutum he'd probably not have lived through the combos he otherwise survived with 10% HP while potting through. The Warrior is also a good player himself, if you follow Doki you know he doesn't go hunt randoms off the street.

A solid outcome while fighting one of the strongest classes in the game if you ask me

I'm not saying Kuno doesn't have its flaws (it does have lots of them) but people on this board seem to be grasping at straws now.

Look at the difference in the amount of effort it takes the Kunoichi, vs the Warrior.

If the classes were balanced, the Kunoichi would have won 4x over every time.

The Warrior is both tankier AND does more damage.  That, is class imbalance.

Edited by Velexia
1 person likes this

Posted

By that logic Ninja is even worse off than Kunoichi because of effort it takes to play it. What about performing Sorc to the highest level? What a moot point. Yes, the Warrior can one-combo Doki. The warrior has like a 30+ GS advantage tho (plus the stupid passives on block), if Doki had 20 more AP he would've one-combod him back.

Yes, Warrior is in one of the most amazing spots in the game, one of the strongest classes. Yes, Kuno is pretty low down on the tier list and has severe balance flaws. Doki3 says it needs more buffs to be fully competitive too.

But you people make it out to sound like you can't kill anyone ever, Wizards laugh at your damage while you plink on their armor and do maybe 5%, Warriors are an unbeatable fortress etc. Clearly Doki proves that this is not the case, or Paiz for that matter, or SaxaSalt, or Fang, or whatever Kuno we have on NA (cant speak about EU) that actually put in the hours to master the class and gear up without jumping on the abandon train.

I'm sorry your class has issues, but I feel like many classes outside of the top4-5 (War, Witch, Wiz, Awakened DK, Sorc)  have very similar issues and everyone seems to be crying wolf that they are the worst class in the game and can't potentially kill anyone ever, which is -----ing hilarious. The grass is always greener on the other side.