• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Suggestion to change bidding mechanic

14 posts in this topic

Posted

Current situation: bidding phase doesn't decide the winner, people still have to click on "check bid" which does the actual roll, means that the fastest clickers (bots) will be the first ones that roll (and everyone else can only win, when all bots failed their roll).

Improvement: after bidding phase is done, let server decide the winner, automatically withdraw cash and send item via ingame mail (like it's done with preorders).

By this, we save the stupid spam clicking, but most important: bots and scripts don't have advantage anymore.

Posted

Improvement: after bidding phase is done, let server decide the winner, automatically withdraw cash and send item via ingame mail (like it's done with preorders).

The system is already this type.
> Item comes on
> Bidding timer starts
> Bidding Ends, calculator counts all the players and then uses RNG for the winner
> Winner is a random bidder.

Then you might ask, "why haven't I won anything yet?" = Well that might be because of there are other +1000 players who wants the same item.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

The system is already this type.> Item comes on
> Bidding timer starts
> Bidding Ends, calculator counts all the players and then uses RNG for the winner
> Winner is a random bidder.

Then you might ask, "why haven't I won anything yet?" = Well that might be because of there are other +1000 players who wants the same item.

That's wrong. And i have won a lot, and around 10x as much with spamming mouse+keys.

Maybe explain how 2 people can buy off the same stack in the same bid phase, when there would be only one winner?

Bidding phase is only to calculate the chance that everyone gets.

"Check bid" does the actual roll, the winner doesn't get decided before that.

You can also verify this, when you wait half a minute before you click on "check bid", you will almost never get anything in 99% of all cases, because everyone else gets to roll before you.

And stop acting like THIS wouldn't be real, and it's only one of many:

[video removed, showed working auction bot, current date]

Kakao needs to implement some secret checks again and pull out the BAN HAMMER

Edited by Spartakatz

Posted (edited)

Current situation: bidding phase doesn't decide the winner, people still have to click on "check bid" which does the actual roll, means that the fastest clickers (bots) will be the first ones that roll (and everyone else can only win, when all bots failed their roll).

By this, we save the stupid spam clicking, but most important: bots and scripts don't have advantage anymore.

you're wrong :) after you click on bid, you are entering the roll already. You don't even need to click confirm to see if you are the winner or not [just check the quantity number on top right] - if you are the winner the number stay there, if you are not, the number disappear before you even click confirm.

I already won a lot of bid [value pack, muskan shoe, dandelion weapon] so i know my theory is correct :) i usually dont even click confirm if the number disappear, if the number stay there for awhile --> either the winner didn't click confirm or you won the item.

EDIT: add more info

when you wait half a minute before you click on "check bid", you will almost never get anything in 99% of all cases

nah, 100% you will never get the item in this case. Want to know why? the winner got the item reserved for 30s only xD -- after 30s you didn't confirm --> up for everyone else 

Edited by Nguyen Ken

Posted

you're wrong :) after you click on bid, you are entering the roll already. You don't even need to click confirm to see if you are the winner or not [just check the quantity number on top right] - if you are the winner the number stay there, if you are not, the number disappear before you even click confirm.

I already won a lot of bid [value pack, muskan shoe, dandelion weapon] so i know my theory is correct :) i usually dont even click confirm if the number disappear, if the number stay there for awhile --> either the winner didn't click confirm or you won the item.

I can ask you the same question I asked others too, but so far nobody could answer it, although big words everytime. Maybe you can?

If there is only 1 winner, how do you explain that several people can buy off the same stack?

(of course you can't explain it - only possible answer is that there is no winner decided in that moment)

Posted

I can ask you the same question I asked others too, but so far nobody could answer it, although big words everytime. Maybe you can?

If there is only 1 winner, how do you explain that several people can buy off the same stack?

(of course you can't explain it - only possible answer is that there is no winner decided in that moment)

If it's stack item and the winner choose to not buy ALL, the left over is up for everyone [but the first choice is still belong to winner]

Think of whatever you want :) since the bidding working fine for me :)

Posted (edited)

If it's stack item and the winner choose to not buy ALL, the left over is up for everyone [but the first choice is still belong to winner]

Think of whatever you want :) since the bidding working fine for me :)

that doesn't really go together with the claim "winner is decided in bid phase". Also, it's NOT up for everyone, only AFTER the bid phase ended. I guess you know nothing about market place mechanics at all.

I know, logic is not the strongest amongst BDO forum people.

Edited by Spartakatz

Posted

Now i see why people won't try to argue with you :) sure, you are correct all the time lolz :) [guess that suggestion post without insulting other is impossible for some type of people]

Here is my final thought which is working fine for me, guess not for you:

Winner is already decided in bid phase,

if it's single item, you can wait 10-15s to see if the number disappear and click confirm to see if it's your, if the number disappear beforehand, you're already lose.

If it's stack item, same theory, if the winner already buy some of the item, the rest is up for everyone [only if you didn't click confirm before the winner because it will show as buy failed if you confirm before the winner].

Yup that's my logic :) strong or weak is up to you to think about it, no point argue with you lolz, waste of time xD. Good luck with your theory :) 

Posted

Everyone get your tin foil hats! D: lol jk but I'm gonna have to side with Ken here. Ghatshiyoo?

Posted

Yeah... I am also with Nguyen Ken.

The new bidding system came so that those scripts and bots could not take all the items.

Posted (edited)

But still the chance of getting an item is awkwardly low especially for Bossgear and value packs, pets. Everyone should get the same chance of obtaining an item so the best in this case would be to set sort of  a"failstack system" in the bidding system.

For example:

If you fail at the bidding you get 1 failstack at the item you bided on. The player with the highest failstacks will always win the item and if there are several players with the same amount of failstacks the system will chose one of them randomly, so the chances are high that you can actually get an item the more often you try. Once you get the item, the failstacks will be dropped to 0.
That s just sad that people try for months every single day to buy a single value pack and enter like 30 bids per day and lose all of them while other players get 2 value packs a week. You should get rewarded for the time you spend on trying to snipe an item and not for winning the lottery.

(I play alot at hours where everyone is afk/offline (3AM to 9A.M CEST) and I am not even able to win the bids for value packs, the the amount of players that enter the bidding system at night is insane so I don't want to think how many are there during the evening) 

Edited by Elza

Posted

But still the chance of getting an item is awkwardly low especially for Bossgear and value packs, pets. Everyone should get the same chance of obtaining an item so the best in this case would be to set sort of  a"failstack system" in the bidding system.

For example:

If you fail at the bidding you get 1 failstack at the item you bided on. The player with the highest failstacks will always win the item and if there are several players with the same amount of failstacks the system will chose one of them randomly, so the chances are high that you can actually get an item the more often you try. Once you get the item, the failstacks will be dropped to 0.
That s just sad that people try for months every single day to buy a single value pack and enter like 30 bids per day and lose all of them while other players get 2 value packs a week. You should get rewarded for the time you spend on trying to snipe an item and not for winning the lottery.

(I play alot at hours where everyone is afk/offline (3AM to 9A.M CEST) and I am not even able to win the bids for value packs, the the amount of players that enter the bidding system at night is insane so I don't want to think how many are there during the evening) 

I feel you, but BDO is all about RNG right now. I'm actually never win any value pack during afk/offline hour [late night/early morning EST] but i won like 3 of them already during peak hour :D [5-6 channels crowded] --> RNGsus

Same for boss gear, i was able to win my bid of Dande weapon [2 times, tamer and musa], Muskan shoes during peak hour as well -- maybe lucky streak since i won both of my dande weapon when nouver/karanda is out --> people rush for boss --> less people bid i guess 

Posted

Quit it with all the "build failstacks when bidding" crap.  You'll just be making it easier for those who camp the market 24/7.  With all this salt you could start your very own salt company.

Posted

why do people always talk about these bots ive never seen before