• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Patch Notes - February 22nd 2017 [Updated]

236 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

"All sealed horse flutes have become unbound and can be moved from one character to another. Please note that in order to use the horse flute, you must activate it which will bind it to your character."

Does this mean people like me who bought the $50 game pack back in the day will finally get to use our horse flutes that were bound to our first character?

It means that if you buy a new horse flute it won't be bound to the character that bought it (and can be passed to your other characters) until the item has been used, at which point it will be bound to that character.

Edited by squidgod

Posted (edited)

From the original event page...

"Players who cast three or more votes for their selected NPC will have a chance to win additional prizes (beyond the participation prize) if their selected NPC is one of the four categories listed.  Please note that phase two is reliant not only on total accumulated votes but luck of the draw as well; 40 players will be selected at random, with ten from each category."

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/130264-valentines-day-events-update/

"Beyond the participation prize", which means that you didn't need to vote 8 times for the same NPC to get the shards. So once again, nowhere does it say that you had to give all your votes to the same NPC, on the contrary.

Edited by DLM3

Posted (edited)

Kakao- not a singe week without event/patch fail

Edited by Melifaro

Posted

Obviously can't apply the 1 loyalty expansion thingie. Obviously.

1 person likes this

Posted

Character Coupon acknowledged on Twitter:

1 person likes this

Posted

Can't find a name that's not taken *table flip*

Posted

You people asking for balance changes that didnt happen in KR are the reason why GMs continue to ignore thread. How about we bring up real issues and talk about why features implemented in KR months ago still havent been added.

5th pet

Optimization

Gavi coztumes

The GMs literally just copy and paste from KR and do a horrible job at it. So many things still dont work. The attendance award was f'd up. The character slot isnt working and the coherent UI is STILL a major problem. I feel like these GMs are the laziest ive encountered in an MMO ever. 

No they're not the reason GMs ignore this thread, GMs always ignore and respond to maybe 0.1% of the forum, that's how it's always been.

People are really stupid to expect that they'd do any kind of balancing that didn't already go through korea though. The devs have straight up said they are never going to deploy anything on NA/EU specifically, it was in an interview around launch. If the korean gods deems wiz op they'll nerf it, if not you'll have to deal with it.

Posted

Some items have been added to the list of items not available for personal trade.

• Steamed Whale Meat
  • Whale Meat Salad
  • Steamed Chewy Whale Meat
  • Fresh Whale Meat Salad
  • Khalk's Fermented Wine
  • Khalk's Strong Fermented Wine
  • Whale Tendon Elixir
  • Whale Tendon Potion
  • Superior Whale Tendon Potion

Not allowed to sell crafted items from hunting drops anymore? Why?

Posted

You're not helping either.

doesnt matter if im *helping* by your standards. Im bring light to actual things that havent been brought to NA from KR.  If the GMs cant take criticism from actual issues and not your typical " omg nerf wizards buff ninjas post" than maybe they shouldnt hold that position. Arent GMs suppose to be interactive with its community or is that a cardinal sin in mmorpgs?

Posted

"Beyond the participation prize", which means that you didn't need to vote 8 times for the same NPC to get the shards. So once again, nowhere does it say that you had to give all your votes to the same NPC, on the contrary.

No it does not. "Beyond the participation prize" just means there are more rewards after casting one vote. It does nothing to change the prize requirements.

Posted

I'll chime in on the "Cannot Add More Slots" thing here... Will this be fixed prior to the Dark Knight release, or do those of us with 12 slots currently just miss out?

Posted

No they're not the reason GMs ignore this thread, GMs always ignore and respond to maybe 0.1% of the forum, that's how it's always been.

People are really stupid to expect that they'd do any kind of balancing that didn't already go through korea though. The devs have straight up said they are never going to deploy anything on NA/EU specifically, it was in an interview around launch. If the korean gods deems wiz op they'll nerf it, if not you'll have to deal with it.

so you're agreeing with me ?

Posted

I'll chime in on the "Cannot Add More Slots" thing here... Will this be fixed prior to the Dark Knight release, or do those of us with 12 slots currently just miss out?

Character Coupon acknowledged on Twitter:

1 person likes this

Posted

No it does not. "Beyond the participation prize" just means there are more rewards after casting one vote. It does nothing to change the prize requirements.

The prize requirement never stated it had to be for one person, and questions about just this were ignored.

Posted

When are they gonna fix the connecting problems alot of people are having now though :D?

1 person likes this

Posted

Ah, thanks for the head's up, LightyearsBD, I was just about to check on there before going back to bed disappointed. :)

Posted

No. It means if you never opened the horse flute, the original box is now Family bound. The flute itself is still character bound.

This is an issue for MANY of us who bound the flute to our first character we were trying out back in the day.  I've been sitting on the character since day one in the hopes they would unbind it so I can actually use it on the character I'm playing now.  They NEED to fix this!  That was a huge decision maker on why I bought the pre-order, and got screwed.

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

Participation prizes were the perfumes, Black Stones, Memory Fragments and shards. The quote you have taken was talking about the Grand Prizes (decorations, costumes and titles), those were requiring to cast 3+ votes for one NPC.

So once again it was never required to vote 8 times for the same NPC to get the 8-votes reward (part of the participation prizes). And if that's the case it was never clearly stated. Learn to read.

Edited by DLM3

Posted (edited)

I've seen something similar in a movie. It was Beatlejuice, wasn't it? If you would call his name 3 times, he would appear..

Call the fact that "Ninjas are fine" one more time, maybe you'll make it happen.

If you have no skill, ninja isn't for you, it's hardest class in game, just reroll for easier class. I kill even 2 lvl above players with my ninja. Just git gud or get another class.

Edited by KungFuMasta

Posted

Greetings Adventurers!

13th character slot does not work. Getting the error " Cannot add more slots " while I clearly only have 12 slots.

Kudo's for pre-releasing this, however the fact that once again it's not tested properly is just once more pointing out your team doesn't test much at all, if anything at all.

1 person likes this

Posted

My horse flute (Permanent) is still BOUND!

Posted

The patch notes even say SEALED, ie, if you've used it you're SOL and will have to buy another.

Posted

13th character slot does not work. Getting the error " Cannot add more slots " while I clearly only have 12 slots.

Kudo's for pre-releasing this, however the fact that once again it's not tested properly is just once more pointing out your team doesn't test much at all, if anything at all.

+1 i agree that they just copy and paste without the testing. They dont care though (obviously) as long as the pearl shop is up to date they are good to go.

Posted

• To commemorate the Dark Knight Release, character slot expansion coupon will be available for everyone for 1 Loyalty.

• Schedule: 2017/2/22 ~ 2017/3/15 (for 3 weeks)

• Only 1 purchase allowed per family.

• The maximum amount of character slots will be increased from 12 to 13.

•  

Really? Working as intended. Apparently we got the standard BDO patch of failure. Things not fixed or new patches not properly working. Does anyone even test the patches prior to release or do we just throw them out there? Yeah no 13th slot. Also to answer someones question on why they remove costume items. They do this to make you think they will never be available again so you run out and buy pearls and spend real money so you can have an item you never wanted before.

Posted

The box that the horse flute comes in is now family bound.

The flute itself is still character bound.

This change only allows you to move around unopened flutes.

Before today, if you wanted to buy a flute from the pearl store, you had to switch to the character in need of the flute, as the box would be bound as soon as it is purchased. You can now purchase it on any character and move it around before opening it. This is the only thing that has changed, and it is clear in the notes.