• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Is DK going to be just as good as Wiz/Ber/Rng

36 posts in this topic

Posted

Currently on Kuno, is DK going to be as good as the top tier class Wizard, Berserker, Ranger? or is it going to be another underpowered class like Kunoichi? Is DK awakening going to be able to kill 5-6 ppl with a press of a button like a Wizard in RBF?

Posted

Each class has its own playstyle.

As far as korean statistics go its a glass cannon like the maehwa  or warrior awakening. It has alot of invunerable states and invicibilty frames but lacks grapples. 

Again each play also has their own style. I say since you have a free slot Give it a try if you dont like it then you have a new alt :)

Also plenty of youtube videos of the class you can go check them out ^^

Posted

Supposedly it's top tier with Awakening (even after nerf) and mediocre pre-awk. We'll have to wait and see. Korea has a very different view of balance than NA/EU.

Posted

As far as korean statistics go its a glass cannon like the maehwa  or warrior awakening. It has alot of invunerable states and invicibilty frames but lacks grapples. 

Again each play also has their own style. I say since you have a free slot Give it a try if you dont like it then you have a new alt :)

Also plenty of youtube videos of the class you can go check them out ^^

warrior is far from being a glass cannon, in terms of survivability its one of the top tiered classes

1 person likes this

Posted

warrior is far from being a glass cannon, in terms of survivability its one of the top tiered classes

Ye I'm guessing he mean't musa lol...

Posted

Currently on Kuno, is DK going to be as good as the top tier class Wizard, Berserker, Ranger? or is it going to be another underpowered class like Kunoichi? Is DK awakening going to be able to kill 5-6 ppl with a press of a button like a Wizard in RBF?

lol

Posted

It has massive burst which in this game means it likely won't need a grab because you'll be dead in the first salvo from them.

I was considering rolling a DK but after watching a bunch of videos of DK I've decided it isn't my kind of play style.

Posted

It's a sorceror.  Now if it's better or worse than the actual Sorceror remains to be seen.

Posted

how does one list "top tier" classes but fails to mention sorc/war

Posted

how does one list "top tier" classes but fails to mention sorc/war

since sorc/war are no top tier anymore.

At this state of the game we can just rename it to wizard-tier. xD

Imo warriors ability to pvp is just scaling with the stupidity of your opponent. This class is just op if u're retarded enough to get grabed.

Good pvp player wont. If u dont land a grab as a war u're basically just standing behind ur block, wait for it to break and get rekt.

Posted

retarded enough to get grabed.

desync grab be op

Posted

DK will be new wizard after awakening.

Posted

So basically when DK awakening comes out people will QQing on forums. 

Posted

And next class they bring will be overpowered also, cause their business is making you reroll infinitely.

Posted

It's a good thing they spent time creating a new class INSTEAD OF FIXING MAJOR ISSUES WITH CURRENT ONES!

Diablo 3 even released a new class, when 99% of their customers complained about "set equipment" and "specific builds" being the worst problem in the game.

Posted

KR Dark Knight is dubbed the witch/wiz killer. Apparently really good after awakening..

Posted

It's burst is second to none in KR.  Add in the fact that it has block like warrior and iframes movement like sorc.... ya its good.

Posted

top tier class ranger hahahahahahaha

Posted

Some say that DK is Wizard/Witch killer.

So hopefully players will stop complaining about nerfing Wizard/witch.

Or you know ... use 1 loyalty and check it yourself. It takes just few hours to hit level 50, and you can even get to 56 in one day if you have decent gear. I'm sure that 50% of active players will do that once it's released. I know I will even if I like playing my wizard.

Posted

Some say that DK is Wizard/Witch killer.

So hopefully players will stop complaining about nerfing Wizard/witch.

Or you know ... use 1 loyalty and check it yourself. It takes just few hours to hit level 50, and you can even get to 56 in one day if you have decent gear. I'm sure that 50% of active players will do that once it's released. I know I will even if I like playing my wizard.

they still need to nerf wizard ult.. you really think that shts balanced?

Posted (edited)

It's just my first impression, from youtube/twitch footage the awakening looks like a combination of sorc's iframes, wizard's/witch's AoE and dmg, relying mostly on one powerful skill to explode ppl, to me.

Edited by give ninja/kunoichi :3

Posted

... glass cannon like ... warrior awakening.

These two phrases do not belong together.

Posted

These two phrases do not belong together.

I can fix it to belong together

Hyper Plasma Laser rocket launcher cannon like warrior awakening

seems more accurated

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I don't see how it could possibly be Meta without desynch proof grapples or SuperAmor.  "Meta" in this game is literally built around being able to exploit Netcode.  Many people who believe themselves to be "Skilled", try to ignore that fact just like how everyone Corner-peaks & Corner Rushes in all the popular FPS games out there (b/c it just works!).  But even the people who don't understand Netcode eventually learn to exploit it even if it's entirely Subliminally.

Edited by iller

Posted

After reading all of the comments above, I cant wait for Dark Knight to be released!  Was so close to switching from a Cute Underpowered Kuno to a OP old man Wizard!   Cant wait to rebuy all those character specific Pearlshop function items like costumes/weights/inventory/horse flute/underwear not to mention leveling another class to 60!

Cant wait to play a class where I don't need a ghillie suit to be competitive!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0