• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

What armor & weapon & accessory is good for DK?

63 posts in this topic

Posted

Actually I have 2 56 characters that do just fine with tri not boss.  I sold all the boss armor I get and with the funds I can get everything I wanted.  I DO NOT PVP so I cannot speak for that.  With PVE,  I have no trouble in Valencia or anyplace else.  I am just saying because most people don't even think about something besides boss armor, because the minute they ask everyone chimes in BOSS.  A lot of those people have no idea why, they just were told so they work hard and get it.  Then since they have it they try and justify it by saying it makes a difference.  In pvp perhaps.  In pve not so much.  Any of the armors will work, I myself choosing Grunil.  It has more AP but I want it for the 2 crystal slots.  Same with my liverto.  I do not upgrade my own gear, I have terrible luck, so I buy mine already upgraded.  Yes it is expensive but not as expensive as buying boss stuff.  So make up your own mind.  You may be a person who likes to have the very best in the game in which case, great, boss is for you.  But try not to feel pressured into getting something you won't enjoy grinding for.  It will not make you anymore uber than the next guy in PVE.

I think that evasion is awesome.  The only reason the players who know these things, say it is bad is because good players know that accuracy can make a difference and mitigate DP.  I have 260 DP and 150 AP on my DK and she rarely even gets hit.  I started trying to find a way I could make my witch not die so much and after reading some stuff came to the conclusion that DP is just if not more important then AP.  After all you cannot hit if your dead.  My advice to anyone is do not decide against dp or evasion, until you have given it a shot.  All my characters now have over 200 DP and they are all the better for it.

I do not talk about PVP or Node wars  or even RB.  I have not tested it in those circumstances.

100% agree. :-)

Blue grade gear is also very good and can 100% do the job, its just not the very BEST. so yeah, you can totally go with just livierto, what makes the biggest difference isint actually the grade, its the enhancement level. however, still, if you want to kick butts and have the very best gear score you can and optimize everything, its boss gear you want. mostly, not only because of the buffs, but because the score increase per enhancement level is higher. However I do understand that isint what everyone wants and you can easily do without and have a great time in the game. I'm just saying its the very best, not that its necessary, because it's really not!...... and writing this i feel like im writing the pokemon theme song lyrics...... but yeah. 100% agree with you!

Posted

Am i the only one who went Zerith because it looks better?

1 person likes this

Posted

Why is evasion pointless on DK? Can you elaborate?

Ok... Evasion is pointless is probably an over-statement but....

DK has no evasion passives or skills. That means you are stuck with only what you can get from gear. The amount of evasion possible from gear is not enough to make evasion work reliably well and would essentially put all your survivability on an RNG basis. I would much rather increase my survivability via pure HP and DP increases. Yes you get some evasion worked in from DP but it is not fully understood. Better not to take the chance. Even Ninja's running evasion builds get trashed sometimes and they have a lot more base evasion than other classes when you include skill bonuses and passives.

Actually I have 2 56 characters that do just fine with tri not boss.  I sold all the boss armor I get and with the funds I can get everything I wanted.  I DO NOT PVP so I cannot speak for that.  With PVE,  I have no trouble in Valencia or anyplace else.  I am just saying because most people don't even think about something besides boss armor, because the minute they ask everyone chimes in BOSS.  A lot of those people have no idea why, they just were told so they work hard and get it.  Then since they have it they try and justify it by saying it makes a difference.  In pvp perhaps.  In pve not so much.  Any of the armors will work, I myself choosing Grunil.  It has more AP but I want it for the 2 crystal slots.  Same with my liverto.  I do not upgrade my own gear, I have terrible luck, so I buy mine already upgraded.  Yes it is expensive but not as expensive as buying boss stuff.  So make up your own mind.  You may be a person who likes to have the very best in the game in which case, great, boss is for you.  But try not to feel pressured into getting something you won't enjoy grinding for.  It will not make you anymore uber than the next guy in PVE.

I think that evasion is awesome.  The only reason the players who know these things, say it is bad is because good players know that accuracy can make a difference and mitigate DP.  I have 260 DP and 150 AP on my DK and she rarely even gets hit.  I started trying to find a way I could make my witch not die so much and after reading some stuff came to the conclusion that DP is just if not more important then AP.  After all you cannot hit if your dead.  My advice to anyone is do not decide against dp or evasion, until you have given it a shot.  All my characters now have over 200 DP and they are all the better for it.

I do not talk about PVP or Node wars  or even RB.  I have not tested it in those circumstances.

Trying to even consider evasion is pretty pointless without Muskans.

Evasion is very much a PvP stat anyway if im honest. It can benefit in PvE but just leaves you limited on AP - no clue why you would choose lower AP for killing mobs, they are not exactly difficult once you hit a reasonable gear level.

My Dk currently sits at 260 DP too. I survive by using the classes skills to keep moving, utilising block and CC. The last thing i would want to do is be reliant on evasion. I'm only at 180 AP so things take a little longer to kill than i would like but steadily levelling. My DK is 56 too btw but i also have a 58 Mae and a 58 Kuno.

As for Liverto. Liverto is almost equal to Kzarka. Right now i am perfectly happy with it because the money for kzarka is better spent elsewhere until i reach a point where the extra accuracy kzarka has is needed. I do not think for a minute that Liverto is a replacement, but it is passable until you need to switch.

I actually use 2 pieces of boss armor and 2 pieces of Heve. It works well for me for now. The eventual goal is full boss but im not in any hurry. Currently my first priority is getting a Dand box before our awakening comes.

1 person likes this

Posted

Evasion is almost exclusively a PvP thing and has very limited application in PvE.

By the same metric of you not landing hits when dead, dead mobs don't hit you either.

Unless you are being carried there's not really a reason to stack DP and even with evasion you really want to do that more on a class like Witch with very high utility that makes your lack of huge damage a non-point.

Mobs in PvE are pretty brainless, you really shouldn't be dying with the spammable iframes and block with frontal block attacks much even at much lower DP.

Building a class designed for glass cannon hit and run playstyle around DP seems pretty pointless IMO.

Posted (edited)

the off hand is a berserker knot.

and what do you mean what are the best things exept boss armor? the best armors and weapons ARE yellow grade boss drops. for all classes.

as for acesories, it depends on your budjet, but if you can aford gold grade too then thats great.

Uhm.... Exhail,  Finny's comment was the snide one, note the bold & CAP print above!  I believe Enigmatic was just explaining to her what the OP meant in saying "except boss armor".  She indicated she didn't know what they meant.  My first read of Finny's post was also that it was snide.  Not everyone can afford the best gear, so he was inquiring what others might recommend " except boss armor", and they worded it that way to indicate they knew many would say boss was best.

Edited by Vindi
1 person likes this

Posted

I think evasion was nerfed pretty hard, it's one of the least valuable stats in the game and DK is already an offensive focused class and stacking full defense on DK won't work out well.

This is a recent update from a KR patch on march 29th, they actually bufffed DR and Evasion in KR recently. So be prepared.

● PvP defense efficiency of all characters has been increased.

1 person likes this

Posted

This is a recent update from a KR patch on march 29th, they actually bufffed DR and Evasion in KR recently. So be prepared.

● PvP defense efficiency of all characters has been increased.

To be honest you have insane AP scalings on DK. Even with this buff to evasion, going glass cannon is surely the best bet.

You will need some accuracy, but a TRI RCE and a Saiyer should hold decently against evasion stacking targets.

Posted

I experienced no really improvement by stacking DP on the DK. Making centaurs I get almost the same damage if I have 230 oder 290 dp. As you can't cc them, I'm getting hurt from time to time.
Real difference are in the accuracy part for the dk. I wont recomend Liverto. Better use an ultimate azwell or a krea set till you get hand on a kzarka. I'm making more damage on mobs with 5 more accuracy then with 8 ap. Same for attack speed and crit. Having attack speed on 5 is hard to get with a Liverto. I didn't make tests, just from grinding to 58, having not 5 crit doesn't make a big difference.

Just my 5 cents, don't believe it if you haven't tried it yourselve ;)

BTW: HP is rng too, cause the damage you get is calculated on rng, evasion is just one factor of that.

Posted

I see you all talking about Boss gear. What Boss gear it's best for DK? I seen some links in here with Red Nose armour and Dim Tree Spirit but are there more of them?

Posted (edited)

I see you all talking about Boss gear. What Boss gear it's best for DK? I seen some links in here with Red Nose armour and Dim Tree Spirit but are there more of them?

Boss BIS is the same for every class, Tree Spirit/Bhegs/Muskan/Giath/Kzarka/Nouver/Kutum.

I experienced no really improvement by stacking DP on the DK. Making centaurs I get almost the same damage if I have 230 oder 290 dp. As you can't cc them, I'm getting hurt from time to time.
Real difference are in the accuracy part for the dk. I wont recomend Liverto. Better use an ultimate azwell or a krea set till you get hand on a kzarka. I'm making more damage on mobs with 5 more accuracy then with 8 ap. Same for attack speed and crit. Having attack speed on 5 is hard to get with a Liverto. I didn't make tests, just from grinding to 58, having not 5 crit doesn't make a big difference.

Just my 5 cents, don't believe it if you haven't tried it yourselve ;)

BTW: HP is rng too, cause the damage you get is calculated on rng, evasion is just one factor of that.

I've tested and I don't have any issues with accuracy, I can kill level 60 players at level 58 around my GS without much issue with a TRI liverto. Not to mention she gets a lot of accuracy from her passive.

Edited by FreshMango55

Posted (edited)

Hello,

I'm a new, casual player. Since there are hidden stats in the game, it's making me somewhat confused how to gear my Dark Knight. I checked Rinku's DK guide (thx, btw) and I wonder about accessories. I have full set of jarette's, but at which point is it worth to be switching to other trinkets? Beside AP, it gives +15 from set bonus. What is the 15 attack?! It doesn't seem to give any boost to my AP anyways. Also, what is "additional special attack damage level" (I'm using Krea Knot + Krea Kreigsmesser)?

Edited by Keena Lyss

Posted

Im personally going all out on atk spd, acc, crit rate and evasion.  So i went spd destroyer evasion tank with her.

Posted

To avoid starting a new topic, I'm looking for some advice about the next step in my gearing.

http://bdoplanner.com/s/oQqt8pnM

Now I know about the standard boss gear / dandi / kzarka / kutum advice but Night Vendor is being stubborn even after 12k energy he gives nothing, and preorders are failing too... I have a few crescents saved up for duo attempts, and a 57 failstack for a tri dandi / kzarka / kutum one day.

Whats a man to do other than offer sacrifice to Patrigio?