• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Strange Stuttering Issue

4 posts in this topic

Posted

Hey guys. I've been trying to get into BDO for awhile but I'm experiencing a strange stutter issue. I was wondering if anyone else was experiencing something like this, and if so, if you have any solutions.

My issue is that my game will run at 60 FPS, but about once every 1-3 minutes the FPS counter in-game will momentarily drop to 53-55 FPS.
While it's only a 5-7 FPS loss, the way this affects gameplay is a momentary stutter/freeze. It really ruins the smooth flow of combat and honestly completely ruins my immersion. It's like all I can notice is this stutter.

Even if I'm in a field with no monsters or players with the camera faced towards the ground, I experience the stutter every 1-3 minutes. I've tried every combination of in-game settings / nvidia cpanel settings and I just can't seem to ever remove this.
Is this just something that people who are playing live with? I've noticed on streams and videos that other people seem to experience the same thing. I just want a smooth experience so I can get immersed in the game and truly enjoy it. Any solutions would be extremely appreciated. I'm very curious if this happens to other players as well, you may not have noticed it but I have a feeling it is.

Things I have tried:

• Full screen / full-screen windowed mode
  • All in-game options unchecked / lowest setting seems to make NO difference, the stutter is always there.
  • Vsync on/off & Gsync on/off

My specs:

• 980ti / 3930k CPU / 16 Gigs Ram
  • game installed on SSD (I've tried multiple SSD/HDD even and it still has this stutter).

Posted

Same here, after the 14.2. patching I went on a weekend trip and when I came back I suddenly had a stuttering issue every once In a while without any indication ( no matter of in town or in empty space) Tried downgrading my AMD driver, but didnt work. Hope for a solution here =)

Posted

As you mention, before patch I've been able to stay logged 16h without problems, now i must restart game like every 2-3h because game use too much memory (after start ist 2,5-3,5gb (thats ok i think) but after some time it will jump to 5-7gb and guess what? if you guess shuttering you are right.... after game restart its normal again for few hours.

Posted

Try watching your Task Manager while running:

As In another Thread Suggested the Log files become HUGE, before deleting it BDO took more Disc usage as steam while installing games, now its down to some MB/s and stutering way less

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0