• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

BDO Datamined DP stats - Just show us AP, DP, Evasion and ACC on char sheet

202 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

In case of BDO, the most complained about RNG is the gearing process anyway, and that's a complete non-issue at the top level.

gear RNG is a very very big issue since it wall players ( on top on creating - boost the gear unbalance situation ) from """"""""pvp""""""""" ( which is more than ironic for a game supposely put pvp that much forward )

And you also forget the RNG CC & % resist that is more than contradictory for any serious competitive play, since it remove from player hand a important part of strategy - control

So like all hidden stats, that neither allow to control your ""build"" ( lets be delusional and consider there is a gear building "strat"  other than just boost everything )

And gear power difference, is, considering their no stop powercreep totaly an issue if you speak about true competitive players vs players, whatever if its 1% difference, it f# up everything.

Unlike what BnS very smartly doesnt do, to speak about mmo with a real e-sport and real competition, BDO for that point still is a joke for pver dreaming to be big boys because they gear smash others in a very glorious broken class balance situation

Edited by woots
2 people like this

Posted

Ok hold up. Hold the phone for a second here. You can't just post some enigmatic stuff like this on the forum and then lock the thread. Do you realize how much time and money people are dumping from their lives to properly itemize in this game? It's one thing to withhold information, it's another thing to arbitrarily mislead or throw out incomplete information and send them on wild goose chases causing them to potentially waste money on something that directly profits you. Let's be clear, BECAUSE YOU POSTED THIS PEOPLE WILL THINK THAT CHART IS WRONG. And if it is wrong, tell us how and why it's wrong. And tell us where it's right. 

Or are you saying this data is completely outdated and no longer correct? If so, care to provide some real data? 

Where do you draw the line between fun, mysterious exploration of game mechanics and straight up misleading people resulting in your own gain?

before someone chimes in "oh well they don't have to spend money". Irrelevant. THEY ARE GOING TO SPEND MONEY. The reality of the situation this misdirection WILL result in Daum getting more cash. And that's inappropriate. 

You seem to have lost track that this is a game. And you're not entitled to anything.

In fact, there should be *less* information given to players. You should play the game, and learn how things affect other things on your own. If you just want to chase numbers because someone else told you, then you don't deserve to play the game.

1 person likes this

Posted

You seem to have lost track that this is a game. And you're not entitled to anything.

In fact, there should be *less* information given to players. You should play the game, and learn how things affect other things on your own. If you just want to chase numbers because someone else told you, then you don't deserve to play the game.

We're paying customers.

The end.

2 people like this

Posted

Best PvP = VS fighting games.

What else? Play Street Fighter (Third strike please) if you wan't real PvP because large scale PvP in MMO's usually = "Who got the most geared/larger bus???".

Not to mention gear issues/mystery %/enchant etc etc etc....

Unlike what BnS very smartly doesnt do, to speak about mmo with a real e-sport and real competition, BDO for that point still is a joke for pver dreaming to be big boys because they gear smash others in a very glorious broken class balance situation

This.

Posted

We're paying customers.

The end.

Doesn't matter. You're not game designers.

The actual end.

2 people like this

Posted

Doesn't matter. You're not game designers.

The actual end.

9_9

In the real world, developers like to have dinner as much as the rest of us.

Posted (edited)

So did this discussion turn into a "we own the developers" conversation?  Kids these days.

Sure I'm from the school where stats weren't hidden, I prefer it that way. But I'm not gonna put empty threats out there like I'm all in control of our  KR overlords. 

Surprised this thread is still going. 

Edited by Luciferia
5 people like this

Posted

So did this discussion turn into a "we own the developers" conversation?  Kids these days.

Indeed, that's not reading too much into it in a thread that's calling the CMs out for making a mockery of the communities effort of finding stuff out.

Posted (edited)

Less triggered @ replies at me pls. Aint got time to respond to all these

Edited by Dremlock

Posted

I dont believe any of those stats are client sided (wrong or not). They were just too lazy to delet them =)

Posted

I dont believe any of those stats are client sided (wrong or not). They were just too lazy to delet them =)

Then why are there brand new items included?

Posted

Its ok, you don't have to believe anything. Doesn't make you correct in the slightest. But hey, denial is a mental defense for those with weak will.

Posted

Wow ouch getting called mentally ill after 1 comment xD

1 person likes this

Posted

And you sound like a typical PVPer who knows nothing about the rest of the game.  In my experience, "competitive people" are the ones who never do their own calculations or tests and just want to leech off the info found by other players.  And life skills require just as much gear and stat maximization as combat, so yes, we do understand the frustration of hidden stats.  However, we actually do our own calculations and tests to figure out how to maximize our returns.  We even do calculations on how to optimize our fail stacking, and no, it's not the same as what all the public charts say.  And if 95% of the game's population doesn't want to make those calculations for themselves, and just wants to insult us, then why should we share any of that data with you?  I say hidden stats are good because people who are actually willing to put in the effort to make their own tests and calculations get the reward, not the people who demand to be babied and have everything done for them.

Wow the nonsense is strong in you. You want to tell me, that you have enough data on enhancement chances, bonus per failstack and max failstacks for the important enhancements (TRI+)? Because i highly doubt that. I have done hundreds of +1 and +2 to confirm that yes the numbers on those charts are wrong, but im not even close to getting max failstack from that data, let alone the higher enhancements. These kind of (complete)calculations wouldnt even be possible for the entire BDO population, because there is simply not enough material / data (we are talking tens of thousands if not hundreds of thousands of TRI/TET/PEN attempts). On top of that like Zephan said they can change anything at any time rendering all calculations pointless. So yeah im all for no hiddens stats. Its BS and doesnt add anything to the game other then rolling dice while blindfolded.

Posted

Wow the nonsense is strong in you. You want to tell me, that you have enough data on enhancement chances, bonus per failstack and max failstacks for the important enhancements (TRI+)? Because i highly doubt that. I have done hundreds of +1 and +2 to confirm that yes the numbers on those charts are wrong, but im not even close to getting max failstack from that data, let alone the higher enhancements. These kind of (complete)calculations wouldnt even be possible for the entire BDO population, because there is simply not enough material / data (we are talking tens of thousands if not hundreds of thousands of TRI/TET/PEN attempts). On top of that like Zephan said they can change anything at any time rendering all calculations pointless. So yeah im all for no hiddens stats. Its BS and doesnt add anything to the game other then rolling dice while blindfolded.

I like that I can find new ways to advance that other players don't know about.  It makes my calculations valuable instead of pointless.  If everything was shown for all to see, someone would go do all the optimizations for everyone, and suddenly all of the time and effort I've put into figuring it out myself is wasted.  I like that they don't pander to the lowest common denominator like every other game.  We actually get to use our brains in an MMO for once.  So yes, it does add more to the game than simply "rolling dice while blindfolded."

1 person likes this

Posted

Surprised this thread is still going. 

me too

Posted

Competitive CS:GO players know how to predict gun spread and minimize recoil yes.

Just like competitive players in MMOs know how to minimize the impact of RNG to make it, yanno, competitive.

In case of BDO, the most complained about RNG is the gearing process anyway, and that's a complete non-issue at the top level.

I'm pretty sure the one shot mechanics and the disparity between gear and the lack of gear choices is also up there with the RNG.

The fact is if the gear disparity wasn't as bad, less people would complain about the RNG. The RNG in an absolute sense, isn't as bad as in other games, but in the relative sense it's far far worse because gear is end all be all.

Posted

I'm pretty sure the one shot mechanics and the disparity between gear and the lack of gear choices is also up there with the RNG.

Please, don't base the pvp in bdo around no-pot duels between 2 folks with tet weapons and 15-pri armor. It's obviously not going to be remotely balanced.

Posted

Please, don't base the pvp in bdo around no-pot duels between 2 folks with tet weapons and 15-pri armor. It's obviously not going to be remotely balanced.

Okay, please go watch Bong's KR Tournament stream and watch the fights with the Tournament's only Valkyrie, and yes that's a fight amongst all top end players, siege tier for KR. I recommend looking at Orca's stream and his narration since he explains what they're saying in Korean.

Posted

Okay, please go watch Bong's KR Tournament stream and watch the fights with the Tournament's only Valkyrie, and yes that's a fight amongst all top end players, siege tier for KR. I recommend looking at Orca's stream and his narration since he explains what they're saying in Korean.

I Do not recommend. Listening to that fat ----- slobber through words makes you cringe what thinking " is this what every no lifer " player looks like ? 

Diabetes is in his very near future.

Posted

When will they get around to data mining the other  armour sets? or other accessory items?

It can hardly be thought of as conclusive til we cancompare every single item, oh im sure they didnt bother with the one-gem-slot armours because the cool kids dont use them, but isnt it likely that the evil devs gave the 1-slot stuff the best hidden stats?  Likely or not we dont know because the dataminers did a halfassed job and just assumed they werent worth checking

Posted

When will they get around to data mining the other  armour sets? or other accessory items?

It can hardly be thought of as conclusive til we cancompare every single item, oh im sure they didnt bother with the one-gem-slot armours because the cool kids dont use them, but isnt it likely that the evil devs gave the 1-slot stuff the best hidden stats?  Likely or not we dont know because the dataminers did a halfassed job and just assumed they werent worth checking

They simply aren't worth using cause of half the sockets.

Posted (edited)

It's funny, people consistently complain about balance in things, but real life is completely unbalanced. And with the emphasis on realism in this game, it's accurate, you can be skilled at something, but people with money can overcome the skill disparity by buying things to help them. Does this guarantee either person will win? No, but in any conflict, you must learn to adapt to the situation to overcome it instead of doing what everyone else seems to do, complain about how unbalanced things are.

Edited by iKaneki_Ken
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

It's funny, people consistently complain about balance in things but real life is completely unbalanced.

In real life, nothing is "ultimate", everything have a weakness, so you still can be "smarter" even if the situation doesnt seem to be in your favor. You can more or less have a "counter" for every situation.

Not saying, even in real life, games / sports, so competition try to provide the best balance possible, to have a "fair" game, so challenging game.

In BDO, you cant "outsmart" nor counter gear disparity or lvl difference, you are dependant of the RNG to be able to do anything => gear + lvl difference is all mighty => absolutely not like irl

There is a reason if many ppl complain about all the BDO balance issue.. hm.

Edited by woots

Posted

In real life, nothing is "ultimate", everything have a weakness, so you still can be "smarter" even if the situation doesnt seem to be in your favor. You can more or less have a "counter" for every situation.

Not saying, even in real life, games / sports, so competition try to provide the best balance possible, to have a "fair" game, so challenging game.

In BDO, you cant "outsmart" nor counter gear disparity or lvl difference, you are dependant of the RNG to be able to do anything => gear + lvl difference is all mighty => absolutely not like irl

There is a reason if many ppl complain about all the BDO balance issue.. hm.

I've killed people with 500 gear score with a 100 gear score character.