• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

fishing [Fishing] New fish species 'Swiri'. First confirmed EU/NA region catch. Details and location.

16 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

UPDATE 15 July 2017 - The fish table of the Trent pond identified in this post has now been changed in-game to the normal Calpheon fish table. This means there is no longer these new Kamasylvia species (including Swiri) or bottle items now. These should become available again when Kamasylvia arrives soon in the new regions.

Introduction
A little while ago I posted on the confirmation that the Swiri fish species had been added to one or more of the Kamasylvia freshwater fish tables in Korea where it launched late last year.

After a recent patch update, I can confirm that it is now possible to catch the Swiri in-game in the EU/NA region, due to the Kamasylvia fish table overlapping in one location to the south of Calpheon close to the border.

For many, the Swiri will be the last remaining entry not completed in Knowledge > Life Skills > Fishing Fish Species. It was one of the species that was originally marked as a red quality species but never introduced to the game. Only recently were the other missing species, Sturgeon and Sunfish, added to the game with the Margoria expansion.

Like these other species, due to it's original design, it can not be sold to the Imperial Trader, only to a normal Trader.

The Kamasylvia fish species are already included in the Freshwater Fish Species List posted last month but this new discovery confirms some more including the Swiri in a specific fish table. It can't be confirmed until Kamasylvia opens up for us in March sometime but is probably one of the Valtara areas fish tables.

The same fish table includes one of the new green species, the Stumpy Bullhead, which can also be fished here. The remaining fish are existing species with a couple of surprising additions. The table consists of:

Kamasylivia - Valtara (tentative) Fish table

Fishing species
Pacu
Swiri
Lenok
Yellow-Head Catfish
Stumpy Bullhead
Sweetfish

Goby Minnow

Trash items
Snapped Rope
Tattered Boots
Torn Net

Other items
Bottle with a Note
Giant Fish Bone

Also confirmed is a chance to catch the Golden Siniperca being the first freshwater Rare quality fish which gives a very high price (200k silver) like Coelacanth or Luvar from the sea areas. It's another nice addition to the Kamasylvia freshwater fishing.

Fish Table Notes

• While test fishing I unexpectedly fished up a Bottle with a Note item (in fact two over time) which is supposed to only be obtainable via harpooning. However having caught two now and seen this noted on the Korean forums also, it looks a deliberate design decision to add it as a rare drop item to Kamasylvia waters. For more detail on this item please check out my other thread which covers it, here.
  • The Giant Fish Bone, an install-able house object, was also a really unexpected catch. I have never fished one or even seen one. None on either EU or NA Market Place. It has existed in the data for some time and was at some time available and has been caught in Korea but not to my knowledge in our region before. Further detail con be found on this separate thread.
  • The Minnow has been renamed in the latest patches as the Goby Minnow, probably to avoid confusion given how many minnow species there are now.
  • To trade the fish caught here you will need to connect to Longleaf Tree Sentry Post or Treant Forest depending on which side of the pool you fish, so check Origin of fish caught.

The only water body I could find with another fish table other than that already posted on (accessed over the border into Kamasylvia from the Ross Sea) was a small pool found to the SW of Trent. It is in the Cyclops Land area (on the mini-map) and why I refer to it as the Cyclops pool. The location is indicated on the attached image being above the Ksarka Shrine (Calpheon). You can just see the pool on the main map.

The pool can be accessed by moving SW out of Trent from the storage keeper, up the hill and then either side of the shrine entrance steps. Or up those steps past the shrine NPCs and jumping off and climbing the rocks to reach the pool set back a little from actual shrine entrance.

General Notes
The fish table as well as having some other unique items to catch (will be added later), probably reflects the developers' intention as an upgrade and added interest from existing freshwater fishing. The fishing speed is as fast as at of the fastest in freshwater areas and it has a much higher percentage of yellow quality fish which means fish value is a lot higher. The relic drop rate appears much the same as all other areas.

Summary
It's great to get the final freshwater species at last for our region. The Swiri had become almost a mythical beast in it's own right for fishers. Also, the other new species and details for fishing in Kamasylvia are really welcome as a continuation of the developers desire to bring new content for the activity.

The drop rate for Swiri is quite reasonable so it shouldn't take too long to catch one. Good luck with the other species and items.

bdo-swiri first catch.png

bdo-cyclops pool location.jpg

Edited by Moonraker
10 people like this

Posted

Looks like they dun goofed. Cool tho!

Posted

I love that you caught this while being salty at the same time, as I wasted so many hours fishing in little secret spots early on trying to find something special.

The way they approach content in this game is strange, where you heavily explore an area looking for secrets, treasures, rare stuff, Easter eggs etc. and don't really find much, and then they add cryptic content in those same areas and expect that you will slog through it all again. 

I get burnt out. Great catch though! As always you provide a positive to the fishing community.

1 person likes this

Posted

Hey that used to be a white fish/ trash loot table pool. I have left my character here like 2 times over night afk and didn't catch crap, they must have changed this recently.

NOW WHERE IS THE TROUT?!

TROUT?!

lol thanks as always Moonraker!

Posted

Thanks Moon! B|

Posted

Awesome! Good find!

Posted

Looks like they dun goofed. Cool tho!

it happens as the layers they use for different types of content, like fish tables and boundaries etc. can get mixed up close by. In Margoria there are several places where fish tables from one sea node extent quite a way over into another sea.

Generally it happens as they assign a table to areas and that areas boundaries may not be fixed or moved as they develop it.

It's not a big deal as it wasn't really with fishing Ross Sea before Margoria, as we will get the content in the next few weeks either way.

Main thing for me is seeing new and cool fishing content continuing to be added.

I love that you caught this while being salty at the same time, as I wasted so many hours fishing in little secret spots early on trying to find something special.

The way they approach content in this game is strange, where you heavily explore an area looking for secrets, treasures, rare stuff, Easter eggs etc. and don't really find much, and then they add cryptic content in those same areas and expect that you will slog through it all again. 

I get burnt out. Great catch though! As always you provide a positive to the fishing community.

I understand how you feel and having spent so many hours fishing up seaweed etc. in the end it comes down to falling off my boat and escaping to Calph castle and deciding to run around the boundary of Kama. I had posted last week that there was a Kama table over the border from Ross Sea which got me thinking on it. So the timing just worked out and having the MaoMao Fishing Discord to swap info etc. helps me a lot too.

In the end I could simply fish and get a lot more silver but for me, catching a new species before others or finding something new is a lot more for-filling, so worth the pain at times for me.

I'm sure you'll nail one soon ;) 

Hey that used to be a white fish/ trash loot table pool. I have left my character here like 2 times over night afk and didn't catch crap, they must have changed this recently.

NOW WHERE IS THE TROUT?!

TROUT?!

lol thanks as always Moonraker!

Yes, I neeeeed Trout to complete the knowledge for that section and one other which eludes us. I do hope they add it or maybe they have and we just don;t know yet.

Happy we got there in the end @Pavo.

Thanks Moon! B|

Thanks, it cool to share nice finds with fellow fishers.

Awesome! Good find!

Thanks a lot. I find it exciting so good to see others do also.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Just caught this at the above mentioned fishing hole. Golden Siniperca.

goldsiniperca.jpg

Edited by Dagnabbit
2 people like this

Posted

Did you get any knowledge on it?

Stumpy bullhead doesnt seem to have any knowledge attached to it yet so I guess it could be the same with that Goldeen of yours :)

Posted

Stumpy bullhead doesnt seem to have any knowledge attached to it yet so I guess it could be the same with that Goldeen of yours :)

No :<

Posted (edited)

goldsiniperca.jpg

Yes, thanks for confirming. Someone confirmed via Reddit. I'll add a note for it. I had updated the Freshwater Fish List with the details (they changed the name last patch).

The Golden Siniperca is the first freshwater Rare quality fish which gives a very high price (200k silver) like Coelacanth or Luvar from the sea areas. It's another nice addition to the Kamasylvia freshwater fishing.

They haven't added the knowledge entries for the new Kamasylvia fish yet or the Fish Guide pages for our region. But they have for the Dried versions so dry them to gain that. Can;t dry the Golden Siniperca though like Coelacanth.

The Swiri does add the knowledge as it is an older species just not used before.

Interestingly the new Kamasylvia green species are currently included in the Imperial Trader list when no other green species are. They have -1 as quantity and currently seems to take all of them in inventory.  It also includes the two new yellow species not in tables we can access yet.

bdo-kamasylvia new fish imp trader.jpg

Edited by Moonraker
1 person likes this

Posted

Oohh.. So don't dry those greens. Got it.

I did fish overnight and got a bunch of relic shards and keys. None of the rare items or the Golden fish, but fun nonetheless.

Now I should work on getting all my freshwater fish titles.

Posted

Oohh.. So don't dry those greens. Got it.

I did fish overnight and got a bunch of relic shards and keys. None of the rare items or the Golden fish, but fun nonetheless.

Now I should work on getting all my freshwater fish titles.

In this case you can, or Trade normally. For some reason the Stumpy Bullhead has been left off that list on the Imperial Fish Trader.

Glad you enjoyed it. Cool to have different things to do when fishing and new content. Good luck with the titles.

Posted (edited)

Introduction

Woho :3 got my first Golden Siniperca right now :3 it was awesome :D!

Btw @Moonraker, you forgot the thread linking in the OP here too :P

Also, any idea about Amur Minnow? O.o 2 of them (dried) have been sold on EU :o 

Edited by aidlac
1 person likes this

Posted

Woho :3 got my first Golden Siniperca right now :3 it was awesome :D!

Btw @Moonraker, you forgot the thread linking in the OP here too :P

Also, any idea about Amur Minnow? O.o 2 of them (dried) have been sold on EU :o 

Try the old fashioned Search function :)

[Fishing] New Fish Species - 'Amur Minnow' - First confirmed Kamasylvia fish species catch in EU/NA Region.

I posted those two ;)

Gz on the Golden Siniperca. I have yet to catch one but it's always a chance and fishing other places ATM.

1 person likes this

Posted

Try the old fashioned Search function :)

[Fishing] New Fish Species - 'Amur Minnow' - First confirmed Kamasylvia fish species catch in EU/NA Region.

I posted those two ;)

Gz on the Golden Siniperca. I have yet to catch one but it's always a chance and fishing other places ATM.

Well.... Didn't think about that at the time >.< okay? :c 

Nice :o and thank you :3 I've yet to get 1 bottle q.q