• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

fishing [Fishing] 'Bottle with a Note' item - Also possible to obtain when fishing. Details and location.

127 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Confirming the Sincerity location on the map. Screenshot attached of exact spot with view across W to Sincerity for context. The Sincerity puzzle (RU version identifies it as close to Sincerity):

”Woke up to find myself lying at the bottom of a valley. Sharp needles facing each other, fall of the burning flower. From there, at the end of the ordeal, I saw the light.”

To help locate the exact spot the second screenshot looking N you will see a fossil bone located close-by to the left (just right of the quest entry) and a little further away to the left, an NPC enemy which seems in a fixed location. To to right of the shot to the E is another fossil. These along with the map or BDDatabase page for flags should get you in the approximate location.

I got the item in two digs.

This is further confirmation that the BBDatabase item flags (same posts as the map image) are indeed the Golden Treasure Chest locations as those relating to the Gardaka's Treasure Map locations.

As an exercise I tried to figure out the English version clue from the puzzle which could be interpreted as:

Woke up to find myself lying at the bottom of a valley. = This may refer to the small valley-like shape of Sincerity as it runs down to the Peace Oasis to the N. Not an obvious valley.

Sharp needles facing each other, = There are palm trees running down in a row on both sides of Sincerity and these have sharp palm fronds facing each other.

fall of the burning flower. = This I believe refers to the sun, which sinks down in the evening to the east (not west like we are used to as the solar path is reversed in the game i.e. rises in the W and sets in the E). This suggest to go east which is where the location in.

From there, at the end of the ordeal, I saw the light. = Perhaps ordeal refers to the danger of sunstroke/ debuff in the desert, or the ordeal of pilgrim's passing through the oasis. See the light may be the setting sun (to the east) or simply finding the treasure location.

bdo-sincerity-gardaka treasure location.jpg

bdo-sincerity-gardaka treasure detail.JPG

Edited by Moonraker
1 person likes this

Posted

Great to see most of the locations are being found and documented, great job so far everyone thats contributed to the search.

Though I am on my 5th day fishing for a bottle, I have yet to fish one out. Can't give up though, perseverance is key!

1 person likes this

Posted

OOO CATS OUT OF THE BAG NOW!

Posted

Confirming the Sincerity location on the map. Screenshot attached of exact spot with view across W to Sincerity for context. The Sincerity puzzle (RU version identifies it as close to Sincerity):

”Woke up to find myself lying at the bottom of a valley. Sharp needles facing each other, fall of the burning flower. From there, at the end of the ordeal, I saw the light.”

To help locate the exact spot the second screenshot looking N you will see a fossil bone located close-by to the left (just right of the quest entry) and a little further away to the left, an NPC enemy which seems in a fixed location. To to right of the shot to the E is another fossil. These along with the map or BDDatabase page for flags should get you in the approximate location.

I got the item in two digs.

This is further confirmation that the BBDatabase item flags (same posts as the map image) are indeed the Golden Treasure Chest locations as those relating to the Gardaka's Treasure Map locations.

As an exercise I tried to figure out the English version clue from the puzzle which could be interpreted as:

Woke up to find myself lying at the bottom of a valley. = This may refer to the small valley-like shape of Sincerity as it runs down to the Peace Oasis to the N. Not an obvious valley.

Sharp needles facing each other, = There are palm trees running down in a row on both sides of Sincerity and these have sharp palm fronds facing each other.

fall of the burning flower. = This I believe refers to the sun, which sinks down in the evening to the east (not west like we are used to as the solar path is reversed in the game i.e. rises in the W and sets in the E). This suggest to go east which is where the location in.

From there, at the end of the ordeal, I saw the light. = Perhaps ordeal refers to the danger of sunstroke/ debuff in the desert, or the ordeal of pilgrim's passing through the oasis. See the light may be the setting sun (to the east) or simply finding the treasure location.

bdo-sincerity-gardaka treasure location.jpg

bdo-sincerity-gardaka treasure detail.JPG

Well done solving it Moon :D (personally on my fifth golden rod, trying to get even 1 bottle q.q) 

Posted

Nice little guide :)

Quick question or thought are you limited to how many bottles you can get a day, do you have to bag the fish because when i manual fish i throw all but gold fish only had 1 bottle in 3 days.
doing one of the quests Three big bright stars above a soaring eagle. Twins fell in love with one another, and a child is born. The eldest child shall rule the world.
im at location where the item is ment to be but 300 shovels and nothing. :(

Posted

OOO CATS OUT OF THE BAG NOW!

meowmeowmeowmeowmeowmeowmeowmeowmeowmewomeowmeowmeowmeowmeowmewomeowmeowmeowmeowmeowmeomeomeowmeowmeowmewomeomeowmeowmeowmowmeowmeowmeowmeomeowme...i had to ;.;

1 person likes this

Posted

A lot of work for a bunch of Cron Stones.

Posted

A lot of work for a bunch of Cron Stones.

My 2 chests have been mark of shadow and tree spirit belt :)

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Well done solving it Moon :D (personally on my fifth golden rod, trying to get even 1 bottle q.q) 

If you fish it, they will come... :) GL with the venture.

Nice little guide :)

Quick question or thought are you limited to how many bottles you can get a day, do you have to bag the fish because when i manual fish i throw all but gold fish only had 1 bottle in 3 days.
doing one of the quests Three big bright stars above a soaring eagle. Twins fell in love with one another, and a child is born. The eldest child shall rule the world.
im at location where the item is ment to be but 300 shovels and nothing. :(

I don't think there would be any limit to how many bottles may drop only the matter of fishing sufficient amounts to get them. I had two in two nights passive fishing 192 slot inventory trash ON.

You can only accept one quest at a time so the item will have to stay in your inventory. That location I have not had yet myself or seem confirmation for it. Problem is there are 5 flag locations and only it seems 4 actual puzzle clue versions from database.

The reason I located it down there in the bottom right is because of the Russian translation which is pretty specific of the location which matches that version (in RU) and it even mentions burying under a tree:

Riddle: ”Three big bright stars above a soaring eagle. Twins fell in love with one another, and a child is born. The eldest child shall rule the world.”
Russian: С тем, что у меня в сумке, я буду править миром! Глупые туземцы даже не догадывались о том, какая это ценность! Главное оторваться от погони... В святилище Скромности мне дали неплохую лошадь, но она уже выдохлась. Закопаю груз здесь, под деревом. Надеюсь, я смогу скрыться в долине Титума. "
Translation: With that in my bag, I will rule the world! Silly natives were not even aware of what it is worth! The main thing to break away from the chase ... The sanctuary of modesty gave me a good horse, but she was already exhausted. Bury the goods here, under a tree. I hope I will be able to hide in Tituma Valley. "

Modesty = Humility and Tituma Valley = Titium Valley in EN region.

There is the fifth flagged location close to Sharing but I am not sure how the puzzle versions work for the missing one.

I suggest working around the location digging several time then moving and working out and around it. Possibly any other tree there. Until we get it confirmed I can't offer more help other than it fits the database location which has been correct for 3 of the 4 versions we seem to have which suggests to me it is right. And it is also from the KR forum post. 

I hope you can find it and please post if you do.

Edited by Moonraker
1 person likes this

Posted

Did they patch the lake? I got bass and stuff instead of the fish I used to last night.

Posted

I'm fishing there for 2 weeks and I didn't get any bottle. Why? T_T

Posted

Have you gotten a bottle yet? I've been fishing there 2-3 weeks now all over the pond and still nothing.

1 person likes this

Posted

Have you gotten a bottle yet? I've been fishing there 2-3 weeks now all over the pond and still nothing.

It's quite rare. Over ~3 weeks of 2 8hour long afk fish sessions per day, I got 2 bottles - 1 with a treasure map and 1 with junk. I usually had 100 free inv spots for fish (completely emptying inv into trent)

Posted

I need to know something, for everyone that has gotten a message in a bottle. Are you fishing with or without the trash filter when afk fishing?
I got 19 shards, 3.5mil in fish one night but I didn't know if the trash filter would kill the bottle if i were to pick it up.

Posted

I fished with the trash filter over the last event we had with the increased relic shards... over 5 days I managed three bottles, two were trash bottles (just notes) and one was a treasure map.

Posted (edited)

Got it, thanks to Moonraker's screenshot. (Valley Awakening variant.)  I got 2 Sharps. :( No big deal though, it was fun. Will have to try again. I have more screnshots, but his should be adequate to get anyone in the right spot. 

Edited by Hindsight

Posted

So the bottles with the notes...  they dont do anything?

Posted

Had a quick question for those who have accepted the quest. Is the quest shared among characters? Or can only the one who started the quest complete it?

Posted

Had a quick question for those who have accepted the quest. Is the quest shared among characters? Or can only the one who started the quest complete it?

Quests are mostly based by character, so it's probably that.

Posted

I play EUserver. More than forty hours of manual fishing, 0 bottles. I have been fishing since last Friday and 0 bottles. Some afk rolls, 0 bottles.

It is desperate that the game retains you so many hours to open the mission of the Gardaka`s treasure and continue to complete knowledge.

Posted (edited)

Almost 3-4 weeks it finally dropped.

UeHEjSD.png

Here's where I got the artifact, this one was tricky but thanks to the previous post and screenshot I was able to eventually get it done.

pDguLxL.jpg

Edited by Mirtastic

Posted

well, I opened the link and ... 의뢰받은 => Uiroipat-n .... Leeroy pattern? Oo

Damn, the Korean people should lay off dat ganja xD

Posted

Hello everyone,

Thanks for everyone's various contributions. I got my note in a bottle but am a bit confused. It appears that when I received the quest it consumed my map. I thought this was normal but I've seen screenshots in this thread where people still have the maps in their inventories. I have this quest in my quest log but I have no map. Is this supposed to happen? 

I'm worried now that I am missing the additional information (clue) that is normally displayed on the map that indicates which dig site I am supposed to investigate, especially since I have the variation that links to multiple translations.