• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

System Upgrade Help

1 post in this topic

Posted (edited)

When BDO came out I was using 3 GTX 770's in SLI and was getting a solid 60FPS on maxed settings with no overclocks on the CPU or GPU's with aggressive fan curves set for all devices. I had 3 1080p monitors yet only ever used 1 for gaming in a landscape configuration. On a whim I tried playing with all 3 monitors in a portrait surround config (3240x1920 3K) and as expected my FPS died, 5ish FPS in towns, 10-20ish wandering around with the same in game settings, nerfing them into the ground made it very playable at 45-55 FPS in towns. Sadly I had my heart stolen seeing such lush visuals and couldn't believe what I had been missing out on playing at 1080p all this time. Now that there's no going back for me I need some advice on where to go, so lets get the basics out of the way.

What I'm working with currently.

Motherboard: ASUS Maximus V Extreme

CPU: Intel i7-3770k currently overclocked to 4.4ghz @1.35v (Auto clocked by built in mobo profile)

CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i *Even at 100% load with the overclocks I've not seen it exceed 60*c compared to the stock intel cooler which would hit 65*c with stock clocks and 40% load

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 32gb DDR3 2400hz (XMP auto tunned)

HDD: Crucial MX100 512 SSD Primary drive for OS+BDO

GPU: Titan XP's SLI'd with high bandwidth bridge

PSU: Corsair Ax 1500i (I want to run a microwave off my PC, shhhh >.>)

Monitor: 3 ASUS 60hz 1080p panels in Portrait surround. 4k UHD Samsung TV 60hz

The current system/config runs at a stable 60FPS in 3k with everything enabled except High End Mode in most areas of the game, World Bosses+Towns can drag it down to the 30's/40's. An interesting note is that when I use the 4k TV I end up with higher and smoother frame rates than using the 3k surround method. In either display configuration my GPU's laugh at everything thrown at them, even with some 200+ people running around all whilly nilly as expected of the highest grade consumer tech available as of this posting. The issue most certainly stems from the CPU at his point and given the age of my rigs foundation it basically means I'm up for an entire rebuild as there is no upgrade path for that CPU or Motherboard.

One of the big things I was reading about was how Titan's scaled with displays. in 8x 8x SLI configs they did better in 1080p than 16x 16x, however when put on 4k/5k displays tje 16x 16x scored anywhere from 20% to 80% FPS improvements over 8x 8x so the baseline CPU has to have atleast 32 PCIe lanes dedicated to the GPU's. Coupled with the fact that I'm aiming for an M.2 SSD I could say a 40-42 lane CPU would be a sweet spot. I am aiming the put in a custom loop for Titan's so I can play around with overclocks finally and am unsure if I should do the same with my CPU or just stick with AIO's. If a custom loop provides some significant overclocking headroom versus an AIO then arguably would pursue that route as well.

I'm not a fanboy and am just looking for what gives me the most gains, if theres a compelling enough gap I would gladly switch.

One of the things I was reading about the Kabylake E series CPU's was the ability to have EACH core reach the same clock speed across the board instead of distributing the higher clock to most burdened core which is one of the reasons I've put off doing a rebuild... Assuming I read that correctly >.>

Phew... TLDR: Aiming for 120FPS on 4k what would you pick as your:

1: Motherboard

2: CPU

3: M.2 SSD

The more in depth you make your case the more it contributes to my decision on the matter ;)

14633251_10210807868176897_3628919094634

IMAG0038.thumb.jpg.6c895af236b5af6cc09ed

14633200_10210807864536806_9122416999988

IMAG0039.thumb.jpg.b78720c549c24e3c82738

14567394_10210807865456829_6953005435444

Edited by CZukoff

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0