• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

[CBT2 & Release] Perhaps we need more informations

22 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hi all!

1) We are at 17.02.2016 and we don't know anything  about Server configuration, the difference between Mega and Multi-Servers (tactically speaking) it's HUGE, in case i need to be in the same server of my Guild allies, we need to organise it, and same story for those who have a community to manage.

2) We are at 17.02.2016 and we dont know anything about CBT2 Patch notes changes, like in CBT1

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/forum/6-patch-notes/

3) News like numbers of pets at the same time (3 or 4)? Classes balance? Possibility to switch/change servers? Dynamic channels?

I'm waiting for your opinion! :)   

@CM_Jouska @PM_Belsazar

Edited by Yuuki
3 people like this

Posted

I don't necessarily feel entitled to this information but i would sure enjoy it.    +1

Posted

I agree we are getting into crunch time with announcements, but I think during this cbt2 we will see all of that info come out, and being fully tested so as to have a smooth release. Fingers crossed!

1 person likes this

Posted

I agree we are getting into crunch time with announcements, but I think during this cbt2 we will see all of that info come out, and being fully tested so as to have a smooth release. Fingers crossed!

Finger crossed and blind eyes! We need more informations!

1 person likes this

Posted

Patch notes should be today or early tomorrow before CBT2.  I don't believe they'll confirm the server structure(officially) until it's closer to release(Post-CBT2), however what we use in CBT2 is what I'll assume we'll have for release since this info should have been detailed earlier.

Posted

I don't necessarily feel entitled to this information but i would sure enjoy it.    +1

This +1.  

People feel entitled to know, when really it makes zero difference lol.  Everything will be told to us in good time I'm sure...

Posted

Finger crossed and blind eyes! We need more informations!

I have a feeling we will see the info come out today before servers launch, or by the time cbt2 ends.

Posted

They said in their last Q&A that the answers ( which for many of your questions above ) will be in the next Dev Diary before 2/19. 

Still have 2 days. 

Posted

Patch notes should be today or early tomorrow before CBT2.  I don't believe they'll confirm the server structure(officially) until it's closer to release(Post-CBT2), however what we use in CBT2 is what I'll assume we'll have for release since this info should have been detailed earlier.

Zero differences for you, for sure you aren't a Guild Master, or you don't have to manage a community.
Ok, for you is indifferent :P

Posted

Everyone is just super excited and/or worried about what will happen. But we're all impatient...We want informations. <3

1 person likes this

Posted

Everyone is just super excited and/or worried about what will happen. But we're all impatient...We want informations. <3

+1!

Posted

Yeah, I'd personally love some of this information too. Like I can wait but it is kind of bothering me since I do have a medium size community migrating here.

1 person likes this

Posted

The game goes live for conquerors in 10-11 days yo, yeah we need info, 22-24 at the latest IMO, its kind of a big deal, people need to know what servers to join, where their guilds are going, what we can expect to pay for cash shop stuff etc... I mean its kind of important info to leave to like last minute.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Zero differences for you, for sure you aren't a Guild Master, or you don't have to manage a community.Ok, for you is indifferent :P

Correct, I'm not a guild manager so I don't have to deal with that stress or whatever you want to call it. However if one is having trouble or can't deal with it well, chances are you probably shouldn't be one.  If I wanted to, I probablly could be since I was one in the past and I still would not care what the structure is, I'll adapt to whatever is decided on.

It'll take a lot to stress me out heh

Edited by JerryBoyle

Posted

Correct, I'm not a guild manager so I don't have to deal with that stress or whatever you want to call it. However if one is having trouble or can't deal with it well, chances are you probably shouldn't be one.  If I wanted to, I probablly could be since I was one in the past and I still would not care what the structure is, I'll adapt to whatever is decided on.
It'll take a lot to stress me out heh

what i mean:

The game goes live for conquerors in 10-11 days yo, yeah we need info, 22-24 at the latest IMO, its kind of a big deal, people need to know what servers to join, where their guilds are going, what we can expect to pay for cash shop stuff etc... I mean its kind of important info to leave to like last minute.

thanks!

Posted

I'm sure after CBT2 ends we'll have most, if not all, of this information. 

Posted

I'm sure after CBT2 ends we'll have most, if not all, of this information. 

CBT2 end 22.02, Conqueror's packages will start 28.02, Have we enough time?

Posted

CBT2 end 22.02, Conqueror's packages will start 28.02, Have we enough time?

6 days seems enough to deliberate and decide on. 

Posted (edited)

maybe CB2 is the time when they check one or the other option (most probably is the time they check megaserver and see if to implement it or not).

They don't tell use yet because they don't know yet (of they know and they don't want the cry to start of forum yet) and want to test maybe they set up both type already and just need to switch between one or the other depending on some data they will get on CB2.

Edited by NgocTu

Posted

maybe CB2 is the time when they check one or the other option (most probably is the time they check megaserver) and then they see how it work with the beta people if it works fine they will use it on release if it doesn't they will split it

They don't tell use yet because they don't know yet (of they know and they don't want the cry to start of forum yet) and want to test maybe they set up both type already and just need to switch between one or the other depending on some data they will get on CB2.

With the fist head start one week after the beta closes I think it is safe to say that whatever server set-up we see in the beta will be in the launch.  It doesn't seem like enough time to make such a large change like that. 

Posted

they may have decided to set up both or make in a way that the mega server and be divided with just small steps we honestly cannot know so why exclude it

if they don't tell us maybe they actually not sure yet and don't want to make another announcement and then change mind

Posted

they may have decided to set up both or make in a way that the mega server and be divided with just small steps we honestly cannot know so why exclude it

if they don't tell us maybe they actually not sure yet and don't want to make another announcement and then change mind

Most likely the reason they haven't made an announcement on it is because on all the polls it was very close on what people preferred, 45-55% split in most cases.  This means that no matter what they choose to do half of the population is not going to be happy with the decision.  No one enjoys making their customers unhappy, but they cannot make everyone happy.

By waiting and letting people discover the server choice by actually trying it, hopefully the half of the community that are not getting the setup they wanted will learn to love it.  If it is Megaserver maybe it won't be a traditional Megaserver, or if Multiple Servers not by traditional standards.

Imagine a child that has only had green olives and they have already made up their mind that they hate all olives even though they have never tried a black olive.  They will never try the black olive on their own because they have already decided all olives are bad.  But if someone sneaks it into their food or force feeds them the black olive they might actually enjoy it.  (In this analogy imagine the server set up you don't want as olives in general)

Sorry for getting very off topic and possibly too optimistic.  Sometimes people need a swift kick in the pants to get over the preconceived ideas of good and bad.