• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

New Amd Ryzen Processors

10 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Ryzen will realise in few days. This game wants multicore, powerful cpu.  I want a test video from Gms. You can do that easily, use 1060~1070/Rx 480 with a Ryzen Processor. Then we can compire to intel cpus like 6700k/7700k.

Please help all of us, thanks gms/cms.

GM_Vheena
GM_Dew
CM_Serenity
PM_Jouska
CM_Aethon
CM_Praballo
CM_Yukimura
GM_Rhotaaz
GM_Gemu
GM_Huego
GM_Salome
GM_Caramel
GM_Axion

Pls Help about this, thanks.

Edited by Manasiy0k

Posted

This game need power per core, not multi core (4+). In best case Ryzen will have similar power per core to Intel CPUs.

Posted

up

Posted

Are you going to buy all the GM's this hardware you're asking them to test with?  

1 person likes this

Posted

It only just came out today.....

Posted (edited)

the game engine is at least 6 years old, there is really no incentive for the developer to optimise the engine for Ryzen unless they take a huge bite out of intel's main stream (2 and 4 cores) market share; Steam's hardware survey shows 47% are on 2 core and 46% are on 4 core, 8 cores only makes up 0.26% http://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/

Also, in term of gaming, it benefits more from faster single core performance with less cores (main stream intel 4 cores) rather than slower single core with more cores (8 to 16 cores server cpus), as one of the cores will always have to be responsible for distributing instructions to other cores; Adding more threads reduces load the the cpus carrying out the instructions, but the number of instructions received in totally is a constant - how much the instruction distributing cpu can send out at most.

Meaning, there is a ceiling for how fast a single program can run reliably on multiple threads.

Programmers can attempt to introduce more instruction distributors, but it is very complex and programs can easily crash, also heavily dependent on the implementation in the architecture by the CPU's manufacturer.

There are some interesting reads on the net about Sony attempted to change this with their CELL processor on the PS3, but developers hated it due to the difficulties, hence gave Microsoft the chance to jump into the market with XBOX.

Edited by crepuscular

Posted

Posted

Thanks for the video @Swiper Just what I was looking for.

I had a bluescreen on my 5year old computer the other(probably just a weird glitch) but could be a indication that i need to upgrade my system that has been running non-stop since i turned it on, even more after i started BDO with its annoying disconnection bugs.

Things are pointing more towards Ryzen 7 1700x now, it really looks much smoother.

I have a 970gtx card as well, so good to see what I can expect if i upgrade.

At the moment im sitting on an i5-3570k @ 3,4ghz and its not that smooth...

1 person likes this