• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Guide me so I can pick a main.

40 posts in this topic

Posted

My name is Aran, 

I have played Berserker, Tamer, Ranger, and Sorcerer.

With that being said,

Berserker- was too slow and got bored quickly.

Tamer- I don't know I was hyped then again I got bored.

Ranger- Picked it because I thought it was fun, but in reality was not fun for me at all.

Sorcerer- Picked it and it was fun then I want to grind mobs later levels like 50+ and it was hard. I was potting out of my ass and it was hard to kill mobs. So I gave up because dying made it boring.

I am looking for,

HIGH DAMAGE OUTPUT

FAST-PACED CLASS

HIGH SUSTAIN

Would also ask for opinion on BEST class for following,

PVE-

PVE-

BOTH PVE-PVP-

Posted

If you had a hard time killing mobs on a Sorc then it seems you have to upgrade your gear and will prolly have the same problem on all classes.

With that said... Wizard/witch... Easy game! :D 

2 people like this

Posted

Sorcerer fit your needs. BDO is mostly about the gear you got, the damages dont really depend on your class. Like Jagari said you just have to upgrade your gear. 
Sorcerer with the awakening got a lot of aoe damage making the grind really faster. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Wizard/Witch aren't really fast-paced. Not compared to something like Ranger/Tamer anyway.

Definitely the best and easiest for grinding though.

Honestly, my advice would be to get Sorc to level 56 and awaken it, with good gear they're one of the best in both PvE and PvP, with great damage and sustain and a faster pace than Wiz/Witch. That advice kinda goes for every class though, because classes change so drastically when they get their awakening at 56 that all your prior experience is practically meaningless after that.

1 person likes this

Posted

Wizard/Witch aren't really fast-paced. Not compared to something like Ranger/Tamer anyway.

Definitely the best and easiest for grinding though.

Honestly, my advice would be to get Sorc to level 56 and awaken it, with good gear they're one of the best in both PvE and PvP, with great damage and sustain and a faster pace than Wiz/Witch. That advice kinda goes for every class though, because classes change so drastically when they get their awakening at 56 that all your prior experience is practically meaningless after that.

Thanks Zephan I think I will go back to scor. Because I remember at the time I didn't really have the best gear and now that I have just a little more silver income I can possibly get better gear. What gear would you recommend leveling to 50-56 then what gear after 56+ . Also Trinkets, earrings, belt, rings, etc. Also the Main/side weapon. For 50-56 then 56+. This would be really helpful. :) 

Posted (edited)

Thanks Zephan I think I will go back to scor. Because I remember at the time I didn't really have the best gear and now that I have just a little more silver income I can possibly get better gear. What gear would you recommend leveling to 50-56 then what gear after 56+ . Also Trinkets, earrings, belt, rings, etc. Also the Main/side weapon. For 50-56 then 56+. This would be really helpful. :)

I'll just link you to this guide that covers that topic pretty well!

Although, I'll say that personally as a new player I would much rather save up silver and buy large item upgrades rather than trying to enhance myself.

Edited by Zephan
1 person likes this

Posted

I'll just link you to this guide that covers that topic pretty well!

Although, I'll say that personally as a new player I would much rather save up silver and buy large item upgrades rather than trying to enhance myself.

So are you for sure Scor Is PVP/PVE good like later on in the game PVP? And maybe levels 50-58+ Good PVE? Because the class was fun it's just I am un sure.. Thoughts on Musa/Mae/DK? 

Posted

So are you for sure Scor Is PVP/PVE good like later on in the game PVP? And maybe levels 50-58+ Good PVE? Because the class was fun it's just I am un sure.. Thoughts on Musa/Mae/DK? 

Well, from 50-56 it's not so great for PvE, but once you awaken it's great at everything. Luckily, 50-56 doesn't take too long if you're on Olvia channels, you can do it in a few hours if you manage to get a group at Sausans and use all the exp boosts you can.

Musa is kinda of the "jack of all trades" class, with good PvE, small-scale PvP and large-scale PvP, but it's not really great at anything. Well, they do have the highest mobility of anyone, dashing around everywhere like they're on crack.

Maehwa is honestly not good at grinding, and of limited use in large-scale PvP (you'd basically just be assassinating lone targets unless you really master the class), but possibly the best 1v1 class there is, including both 1v1 PvP and bosses/elites in PvE. Also only slightly worse mobility than Musa. It does take a good amount of skill to use it well though.

DK I haven't personally played (been ages since I played the KR version), only seen videos/streams. From what Korean players are saying though, it's amazing. Huge burst, lots of combos, fast-paced gameplay, top-tier at everything basically. But there's a big caveat there, in that we're not getting the awakening straight off on March 1st; we're getting the base class only, which by all accounts is decent but not amazing. We have no idea right now when the awakening for DK will be released on our version, but it took ~1.5 months between the base class and the awakening in KR.

Posted

Well, from 50-56 it's not so great for PvE, but once you awaken it's great at everything. Luckily, 50-56 doesn't take too long if you're on Olvia channels, you can do it in a few hours if you manage to get a group at Sausans and use all the exp boosts you can.

Musa is kinda of the "jack of all trades" class, with good PvE, small-scale PvP and large-scale PvP, but it's not really great at anything. Well, they do have the highest mobility of anyone, dashing around everywhere like they're on crack.

Maehwa is honestly not good at grinding, and of limited use in large-scale PvP (you'd basically just be assassinating lone targets unless you really master the class), but possibly the best 1v1 class there is, including both 1v1 PvP and bosses/elites in PvE. Also only slightly worse mobility than Musa. It does take a good amount of skill to use it well though.

DK I haven't personally played (been ages since I played the KR version), only seen videos/streams. From what Korean players are saying though, it's amazing. Huge burst, lots of combos, fast-paced gameplay, top-tier at everything basically. But there's a big caveat there, in that we're not getting the awakening straight off on March 1st; we're getting the base class only, which by all accounts is decent but not amazing. We have no idea right now when the awakening for DK will be released on our version, but it took ~1.5 months between the base class and the awakening in KR.

Thank you for all the helpful information. You managed to bring all my choices down to only Musa, Scor., and DK in the future but for now I want to choose from Scor and Musa. Help I am having a hard time picking lol even with all the information.

Posted

Thank you for all the helpful information. You managed to bring all my choices down to only Musa, Scor., and DK in the future but for now I want to choose from Scor and Musa. Help I am having a hard time picking lol even with all the information.

Well, Sorc is the more effective class at most things right now, but that can change with balance patches. Honestly, I'd say to just get both to 56 and try them out. It's a lot faster and easier once you have some wealth built up so you can give your level 1 alt a nice +15 mainhand or something to level with, to the point that super-geared players can make level 56 alts in just 3-4 hours total. Obviously yours won't be that fast, but playing a class for yourself is honestly the only way to find out how much you'll like it.

Posted

Well, Sorc is the more effective class at most things right now, but that can change with balance patches. Honestly, I'd say to just get both to 56 and try them out. It's a lot faster and easier once you have some wealth built up so you can give your level 1 alt a nice +15 mainhand or something to level with, to the point that super-geared players can make level 56 alts in just 3-4 hours total. Obviously yours won't be that fast, but playing a class for yourself is honestly the only way to find out how much you'll like it.

What's a Musa Gear Guide?

Posted

The one I linked before is for every class. The only missing detail is which offhand to use, which for leveling purposes should either be the Accuracy one (Black Horn Warrior Bow for Musa) if you have highly-enhanced gear (like PRI+) so that you can level on enemies much higher in level than you, or the AP one (White Horn Bow for Musa - NOT White Horn Warrior Bow, that's an Evasion offhand) if you aren't decked out.

1 person likes this

Posted

The one I linked before is for every class. The only missing detail is which offhand to use, which for leveling purposes should either be the Accuracy one (Black Horn Warrior Bow for Musa) if you have highly-enhanced gear (like PRI+) so that you can level on enemies much higher in level than you, or the AP one (White Horn Bow for Musa - NOT White Horn Warrior Bow, that's an Evasion offhand) if you aren't decked out.

so I got them to 56 Musa and scor. STILL not liking scor but it's fun and Musa is fun but dies because I am still working on gear. So the question is.. is there a class with high damage output, high mobility, and tanky after awakening of course. Someone said warrior is that true or is there more then just one class with these characteristics or none?

Posted

so I got them to 56 Musa and scor. STILL not liking scor but it's fun and Musa is fun but dies because I am still working on gear. So the question is.. is there a class with high damage output, high mobility, and tanky after awakening of course. Someone said warrior is that true or is there more then just one class with these characteristics or none?

Honestly you're going to have to take the time to L2P the classes. Musa has great sustain and shouldn't be dying, gear or not. Maybe if you get caught in a CC from an elite but even then you can V. Witch/Wiz is probably the simplest/strongest class for PVE if you just want pure easymode. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Warrior, Valk & Zerk all have high sustain.

that being said, all classes have good grind w good gear. once you get over 200DP sustain is pretty good too.

so i'd just play the class you like the most & gear it.

1 person likes this

Posted

Warrior and Berserker. But Warrior is pretty simplistic, not really fast-paced as you said you wanted before. Not as much as Wizard/Witch, but I'd say it's in 3rd place after them for the simplest/easiest class. Valkyrie would fit really well except that it's shit right now, largely being considered the class that's in the absolute worst position and in dire need of buffs. It's still very fun to play though, if you don't care as much about effectiveness.

Posted

Warrior and Berserker. But Warrior is pretty simplistic, not really fast-paced as you said you wanted before. Not as much as Wizard/Witch, but I'd say it's in 3rd place after them for the simplest/easiest class. Valkyrie would fit really well except that it's shit right now, largely being considered the class that's in the absolute worst position and in dire need of buffs. It's still very fun to play though, if you don't care as much about effectiveness.

Is Valkyrie still good in PVE even with the dire of buff needed. Like what I am saying is the the dire of buffs people are saying for PVP or for both? 

Posted

Is Valkyrie still good in PVE even with the dire of buff needed. Like what I am saying is the the dire of buffs people are saying for PVP or for both? 

Both. If you can get super geared then you can do very well with Valk, but most people never get that far.

Posted

Sorcerer- Picked it and it was fun then I want to grind mobs later levels like 50+ and it was hard. I was potting out of my ass and it was hard to kill mobs. So I gave up because dying made it boring.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQY-Jd_wcnOenWj6hsvDKR

Learn to play issue, i grind with 0 pots and if you die in pve you suck sorry.

Posted

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQY-Jd_wcnOenWj6hsvDKR

Learn to play issue, i grind with 0 pots and if you die in pve you suck sorry.

Yes, every new player needs to be able to start up a character and immediately go grind in Hystria, anything else and they just need to uninstall.

No but really, level 50 Sorc with mediocre gear is not a pot-less affair imo, and new players are allowed to die.

Posted

Both. If you can get super geared then you can do very well with Valk, but most people never get that far.

Hey which one is better for pve only musa or tamer?

Posted

would say musa, we have skills to the point you dont need a single hp or wp pot in pve, divider gets you to full hp in 1-2 secs, carver, spinner and below the belt get back wp like crazy. as long as you have good gear musa shines better than other classes.

Posted

Musa for sure, it's not nearly the best but it's much better than Tamer.

Posted

Play warrior because if you ever get tired just press Q and go to sleep. ;)

Posted

Play warrior because if you ever get tired just press Q and go to sleep. ;)

That'll work in PVE I'm sure. 

PVP you might be surprised when someone breaks your block in 2 seconds and eats you.