• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Anyone able to hit a perfect 15min cooking?

18 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm using a +4 cook's clothes, canape, sturdy life stone and advanced cooking utensils. This should account for -9.1sec, leaving the 1 second cooking cap. However I always have some minor delay between each of the crafts, making the shortest time I can spend a bit over 19 min for a batch of 900. Still I see people around saying they finish each advanced utensil in 15 minutes. So it has me wondering, can anyone confirm they're actually able to get it down to 15 min in-game, or is that merely the theoretical value based on the simple math?

Posted

Move to a less populated town.. Seriously

Posted

Move to a less populated town.. Seriously

I do my cooking in Velia, not sure if you'd consider that good or bad. 

Posted

Velia is a major town.. Try glish or olvia.

Posted

And you manage to get it down to 15 min there? Would be a ton of rearranging storages as Velia is my cooking town, but guess I'll give it a shot first.

Posted (edited)

I got 1 s too, but it needs 24 mins

edit : tried in glish, reduced to 20 mins

Edited by RedBulliChain
1 person likes this

Posted

And you manage to get it down to 15 min there? Would be a ton of rearranging storages as Velia is my cooking town, but guess I'll give it a shot first.

no i don't but it is noticeably faster when your FPS is higher. IE... low population towns

Posted

no i don't but it is noticeably faster when your FPS is higher. IE... low population towns

Just finished three batches in Glish and the fastest was still just 19 min. Be it Velia or Glish I tend to have ~60FPS though.

Posted

try in optimization mode and use alkemy stone and all possible buffs (events food elixir ...)

Posted

Possible that you need to consider your network speed. If you have a ping of 100ms and do 1000 cookings that could add up to 100-200 seconds, depending on what communication is needed to the server. It's likely that the next cook process starts only after the server acknowledged it.

Posted

I'm using a +4 cook's clothes,

Yeah, im just here to say how jealous i am that im stuck with +2.

Posted

Yeah, im just here to say how jealous i am that im stuck with +2.

You should get one eventually if you start pouring all your resources into making it. That said, I'm over 1000 base clothes in on my trader's with no success in sight yet. 

Possible that you need to consider your network speed. If you have a ping of 100ms and do 1000 cookings that could add up to 100-200 seconds, depending on what communication is needed to the server. It's likely that the next cook process starts only after the server acknowledged it.

Considered that. I normally have 40-60 latency and can't quite see how that'd add 4 min. I'm not well educated on the subject though.

try in optimization mode and use alkemy stone and all possible buffs (events food elixir ...)

Forgot to mention, but I always use optimization mode for afk activities. I can't recall any event items or elixirs that cut down cooking timing. I am however missing teff bread atm, as that seems redundant when I'm already overcapped without it. This is about the dead time between the cooking crafts, the craft itself is 1s as it should be.

Posted

Considered that. I normally have 40-60 latency and can't quite see how that'd add 4 min. I'm not well educated on the subject though.

50 ms latency one way would be 100ms to send the cooking message to the server and get back an answer, so in total for 900 cookings, that's already 90 seconds.

When you have bad fps, say 25 fps, that could be another 40ms each cooking that's lost in a worst case.

The server could also need a few ms between receiving and sending packets.

Especially in towns where a lot of data is sent and many players, the lag is probably even worse than  the 50ms latency/ping.

That all will add up.

1 person likes this

Posted

I can only speak for what my guildies are saying. It does not matter which town they cook in.

There's a slight delay when you cook between a completed recipe and the next recipe. It's this delay (which you won't ever remove) that adds up the 4 extra minutes. They should in theory have 15min for 900 crafts, but they end up with 19min, the last 4min which they credit to this delay between two craft - which I've noticed applies to my cooking time as well. I have 3,3s which should land me at almost 50min for 900 crafts, but I end up on roughly 55min.

Posted

I really need better cooking clothes 

Posted

I don't think this is a problem that we could solve as it it up to the developers. I'm quite sure its about the coding behind it so its up to the devs to remove that delay but I can imagine there is a reason for that delay. Maybe if they remove the delay it would cause the cooking to "skip" or whatever so that its sort of a safety mechanic. Atleast its the only thing I can think off ... 

They could reduce the cap to 0.8 sec as a possible fix ....

Posted

[rest of post deleted as it was even more useless than what I left behind]

hmm.. just realized there is no point to my comment, other than to whine and complain about how much I suck, and how good you are compared to me, and how you are complaining about 4 minutes, when the same process takes me around two hours!  

Posted

Activate your alch stone bruh

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0