• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

x2 Special Evasion 10% vs. x2 DR + 3, Weight Limit, etc

76 posts in this topic

Posted

My love Oneuproad! 

We say those harsh words in the heat of the moment, and we regret later... :(

The word retard and ---- is bad way of communicating.
I know for a fact how sweet and gentle you are. :x

It is ok, i am no British, my vocabulary is too bad, so i fill the gap with ----- and retard. lmao

Posted

well DR might be good early on when you have no boss gear, but then its just... meh unless your going for a full DP build and wanna dive like an idiot in a zerg to have fun.

At the end of the day, when you get high end gear, hp is just overrall better.

as oneup said, if you go one way (evasion or dr) just dive deep into it otherwise it will be useless, that being said warrior isnt the class you wanna play if you wanna play an evasion build. probably any class can do a "decent" evasion except warrior and valk, they are way too reliant on their block.

Posted (edited)

i have seen people stack DR and have amazing results so i wouldnt say its useless, but you do need to stack a fair amount of it .

i had to disagree with people saying hp > everything else though, if you dont have other modifiers to make your hp worth more than all that hp means jack squat.

Edited by Burhead

Posted

1 person likes this

Posted

So you guys who say you prefer HP (oneuproad and others itt) .. are u putting the +hp gems over +evasion in your helmet as well?

Posted

So you guys who say you prefer HP (oneuproad and others itt) .. are u putting the +hp gems over +evasion in your helmet as well?

Helmet version offers 2 eva but its quite expensive for 4 evasion.

Posted

Since i dont stack any evasion i just use HP, with Kamalsyve patch we will have HP 50 + Eva 5

Posted

Since i dont stack any evasion i just use HP, with Kamalsyve patch we will have HP 50 + Eva 5

Question, I am currently using x2 Eva + 5 on helm and x2 Special evasion +10% chest but I am also using Kutum offhand and my DP is 284. Do you advise me to go for the DR/HP for helm instead? Should I also keep the x2 Special evasion +10%?

I really don't know where I am at right now if which one is better so I would like to ask you what do you think is more beneficial on my case right now, if I should continue with my Evasion stuff or should I just go for DR instead since you mentioned "I can't do half/half"

Posted

Dr is useless on end game

Posted

Question, I am currently using x2 Eva + 5 on helm and x2 Special evasion +10% chest but I am also using Kutum offhand and my DP is 284. Do you advise me to go for the DR/HP for helm instead? Should I also keep the x2 Special evasion +10%?

I really don't know where I am at right now if which one is better so I would like to ask you what do you think is more beneficial on my case right now, if I should continue with my Evasion stuff or should I just go for DR instead since you mentioned "I can't do half/half"

Kutum is more DR shield, even Vangertz would profit you more on an evasion way. You can do half/half i am hell no god to restrict anyone to do their own ways, i am just telling you are going to be stomped by those guys who are going 1 way.

Dr is useless on end game

So is anything useless when you face the counter build of yours in front of you.

That is why HP is optional, it has no real counter.

Posted

Kutum is more DR shield, even Vangertz would profit you more on an evasion way. You can do half/half i am hell no god to restrict anyone to do their own ways, i am just telling you are going to be stomped by those guys who are going 1 way.

So is anything useless when you face the counter build of yours in front of you.

That is why HP is optional, it has no real counter.

Yes i understand your point that going all in on one is better than 50 50. I want to go exactly a one way route but I would like to ask your opinion on what is the best route to take with my current equipments for maximum effectiveness. Should i go full DR instead or keep the evasion gems? I have a helmet with +5 eva right now, kutum, and tri muskans. Currently 284dp. I am focusing on getting a better weapon right now.

Posted

Yes i understand your point that going all in on one is better than 50 50. I want to go exactly a one way route but I would like to ask your opinion on what is the best route to take with my current equipments for maximum effectiveness. Should i go full DR instead or keep the evasion gems? I have a helmet with +5 eva right now, kutum, and tri muskans. Currently 284dp. I am focusing on getting a better weapon right now.

Well you need to decide what way you wanna deep into, i cannot throw at your something like this. You go evasion you use Rosar in big fight, you go DR you go Kite. Vangertz and Kutum are obviously optional.

Posted (edited)

i wouldnt  even consider puttin 2x+5 evasion on a helmet playing a warrior, cuz if you dont have any other source of evasion it's just a waste. If you wanna go defensive you're better off with DR as a warrior since you already have your passive to back it up. 

little bonus DR makes your block bigger, so yeah if you wanna be a "defensive" warrior I think that DR > evasion in any way.

evasion works better with classes that can be mostly under super armor since you dodge pretty much all the damages and the only damages you take are reduced by the super armor.

an evasion zerker tanks better than a DR warrior as long as he stands up. once you get kd or grabbed DR is gonna help you better.

Edited by Wolff

Posted

i wouldnt  even consider puttin 2x+5 evasion on a helmet playing a warrior, cuz if you dont have any other source of evasion it's just a waste. If you wanna go defensive you're better off with DR as a warrior since you already have your passive to back it up. 

little bonus DR makes your block bigger, so yeah if you wanna be a "defensive" warrior I think that DR > evasion in any way.

evasion works better with classes that can be mostly under super armor since you dodge pretty much all the damages and the only damages you take are reduced by the super armor.

an evasion zerker tanks better than a DR warrior as long as he stands up. once you get kd or grabbed DR is gonna help you better.

How does regular evasion and special attack evasion stack/co-exist, or do they at all?

I agree building an evasion Warrior is not a great strategy but we are talking about +100 hp/+4 evasion or +10 evasion.  100 HP is basically nothing.  

If we stack armor+helmet it would be +10 evasion/+20% special attack evasion vs +300 HP/+4 Evasion/+4 Damage Reduction

Posted

400hp. and yes if im doin an all rounder im better off with 400 extra hp. you naturally get hp from boss armor set and off hand gems, pair it with extra head and chest gems and you got a good extra 1000 hp which is good in any case. So yeah 100hp is not much but 100+100+100...

and yeah warriors have no good evasion off hand compared to others classes, our evasion OH is the krea and its pretty shit compared to the kite shield (which gives DR). So just by the fact that you got a strong DR OH and warrior's passive, this makes us more suited for DR builds than evasion's if we wanna be defensive.

Posted (edited)

400hp. and yes if im doin an all rounder im better off with 400 extra hp. you naturally get hp from boss armor set and off hand gems, pair it with extra head and chest gems and you got a good extra 1000 hp which is good in any case. So yeah 100hp is not much but 100+100+100...

and yeah warriors have no good evasion off hand compared to others classes, our evasion OH is the krea and its pretty shit compared to the kite shield (which gives DR). So just by the fact that you got a strong DR OH and warrior's passive, this makes us more suited for DR builds than evasion's if we wanna be defensive.

last i checked ever yclasses evasion offhand (krea/rosar) are the same.

but the point is warriors lack an evasion passives but have DR passive ontop of having a very viable DR shield , so in the end DR seems to just work better on warriors.

but where are you getting the 400 number from , or the 1k for that matter.

afaik you could theoretically get 300 for boss armor another 200 from chest gems 100 from helm gems 250 if you used heve instead of bheg/muskan and 300 from offhand gems. so yeah thats 1150 hp , but i doubt you were taking heve into consideration so where are you getting the extra 100, and what are you putting together for that 400, you mean boss armor + helm gems?

cause what the other guy was references was 300 hp from gems ,(50+50+100+100 2x 50 in helm and 2x100 in armor)

Edited by Burhead

Posted (edited)

probably any class can do a "decent" evasion except warrior and valk, they are way too reliant on their block.

Why would evasion not work because of block ? If you mean that block is scaling on DR and thus makes our block last longer, then you should consider that evading attacks makes our block last longer too (unless I'm missing info and we don't get to retain our evasion when we block ?), no ?

The thing that makes evasion builds work better on some other classes are their evasion passives/buffs.

You either go HP+DR or full evasion (even if you will get some, you can't really stack HP with evasion). Both kinda have the same effectiveness as far as I know. Kutum works better in a HP+DR build than in an evasion one but I never tried full evasion crystals + Kutum.

Some classes (like Ninja) have better evasion offhands than krea/rosar.

Edited by WeaselPaw

Posted

but the point is warriors lack an evasion passives but have DR passive ontop of having a very viable DR shield , so in the end DR seems to just work better on warriors.

but where are you getting the 400 number from , or the 1k for that matter.

afaik you could theoretically get 300 for boss armor another 200 from chest gems 100 from helm gems 250 if you used heve instead of bheg/muskan and 300 from offhand gems. so yeah thats 1150 hp , but i doubt you were taking heve into consideration so where are you getting the extra 100, and what are you putting together for that 400, you mean boss armor + helm gems?

cause what the other guy was references was 300 hp from gems ,(50+50+100+100 2x 50 in helm and 2x100 in armor)

parrying dagger, saiyer knot, blade ornemental knot, tadd shuriken, those are all evasion off hands way better than krea.

currently this is the amount of hp you get from boss armor+ gems http://bdoplanner.com/save/[[5],[11013,15,[15628,15628]],[11017,15,[15629,15629]],[11016,15,[-1,-1]],[11015,15,[-1,-1]],[[-1,0],[-1,0]],[[-1,0],[-1,0]],[-1,0],[-1,0],[-1,0,[-1,-1]],[-1,0],[10140,15,[15627,15627]],[-1],[-1,[-1]],[-1],[-1],[-1],[-1]]

but somebody said that with the kamasilve extansion, we get new head gems that are +100hp and 4 evasion.

Why would evasion not work because of block ? If you mean that block is scaling on DR and thus makes our block last longer, then you should consider that evading attacks makes our block last longer too (unless I'm missing info and we don't get to retain our evasion when we block ?), no ?

you're right about that but if you build evasion and you get randomly hit by a huge nuke, you're gonna get nuked though your shield cuz it doesnt block much, you know what i mean^^

and yes classes like ninja/musa are basically better off with evasion cuz of their passive, and warriors like DR better for the same reason, but i already said that earlier^^

Posted

The thing that makes evasion builds work better on some other classes are their evasion passives/buffs.

You either go HP+DR or full evasion (even if you will get some, you can't really stack HP with evasion). Both kinda have the same effectiveness as far as I know. Kutum works better in a HP+DR build than in an evasion one but I never tried full evasion crystals + Kutum.

Some classes (like Ninja) have better evasion offhands than krea/rosar.

How is special evasion +10% gems relative to your actual evasion?

Posted (edited)

How is special evasion +10% gems relative to your actual evasion?

They aren't ? You have your whole evasion +10 per crystal on special attacks afaik (not sure if I understood the question correctly though).

Edited by WeaselPaw

Posted

parrying dagger, saiyer knot, blade ornemental knot, tadd shuriken, those are all evasion off hands way better than krea.

currently this is the amount of hp you get from boss armor+ gems http://bdoplanner.com/save/[[5],[11013,15,[15628,15628]],[11017,15,[15629,15629]],[11016,15,[-1,-1]],[11015,15,[-1,-1]],[[-1,0],[-1,0]],[[-1,0],[-1,0]],[-1,0],[-1,0],[-1,0,[-1,-1]],[-1,0],[10140,15,[15627,15627]],[-1],[-1,[-1]],[-1],[-1],[-1],[-1]]

but somebody said that with the kamasilve extansion, we get new head gems that are +100hp and 4 evasion.

you're right about that but if you build evasion and you get randomly hit by a huge nuke, you're gonna get nuked though your shield cuz it doesnt block much, you know what i mean^^

and yes classes like ninja/musa are basically better off with evasion cuz of their passive, and warriors like DR better for the same reason, but i already said that earlier^^

you do realize saiyer knot is copy pasta vangertz shield right. 

p.s. i said i was wondering where you specifically got the 400 number from when the person you were talking to was purely talking about gems for helm/armor, which would be 300 as he said , not 400 which you said.

Posted

They aren't ? You have your whole evasion +10 per crystal on special attacks afaik (not sure if I understood the question correctly though).

I'm asking how evasion stats is related to the "Special Attack Evasion +10%" gems. Like, are the crystals better when having more evasion or are they completely separate procs?

Posted

you do realize saiyer knot is copy pasta vangertz shield right. 

p.s. i said i was wondering where you specifically got the 400 number from when the person you were talking to was purely talking about gems for helm/armor, which would be 300 as he said , not 400 which you said.

you probably missed it but a page earlier we were talking about new gems for the head from kamasilve (100hp+4evasion)