• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

x2 Special Evasion 10% vs. x2 DR + 3, Weight Limit, etc

76 posts in this topic

Posted

My view on this...

All classes get DR and Evasion from their armour, but to get a positive effect from Evasion you need to have more than the enemy player's accuracy, once you reach that threshold stacking Evasion is much more beneficial than stacking DR from my experience. If you stack DR you're pretty much throwing away any Evasion DP you get from your armour because other classes will be able to hit the accuracy threshold against your evasion a lot easier. If you stack Evasion on the other hand your DR will still be helpful in reducing damage.

In regards to the Special Attack Evasion crystals, I believe they have separate procs to your overall evasion. I run with them, haven't done much testing but they feel good to me.

Posted

I'm asking how evasion stats is related to the "Special Attack Evasion +10%" gems. Like, are the crystals better when having more evasion or are they completely separate procs?

afaik, it just adds to your eva. eg : it's an evasion value you get only against special attacks. So if you have X eva + 2 of these gems, you have X+20 against special attacks and X against the rests. May be completely wrong though, it's hard to tell.

Posted

My view on this...

All classes get DR and Evasion from their armour, but to get a positive effect from Evasion you need to have more than the enemy player's accuracy, once you reach that threshold stacking Evasion is much more beneficial than stacking DR from my experience. If you stack DR you're pretty much throwing away any Evasion DP you get from your armour because other classes will be able to hit the accuracy threshold against your evasion a lot easier. If you stack Evasion on the other hand your DR will still be helpful in reducing damage.

In regards to the Special Attack Evasion crystals, I believe they have separate procs to your overall evasion. I run with them, haven't done much testing but they feel good to me

its actually the same, if you stack evasion you reduce the amount of hit you take (let's say something hits you for 1200%x7, if you stack up evasion you might get hit only 1 or 2 times instead of 7) if you stack dr you reduce the total incoming damages (the spell says 1200%x7 but once the defense is applied you get hit for like only 200%x7). 

they both work but if you have an evasion build, you might get randomly hit by a nuke and get killed so evasion is basically more RNG than DR.

Posted

well 1dr = 1dmg reduced man dr is linear dont scale up like AP and in pvp skill dmg is reduced like 80-90%

Posted

that would be 500 hp from gems the nbecause of chest gems giving 150

Posted

Great sword defense and Burning moxie DP is Eva or DR?

Posted (edited)

Not sure what you mean by scale up, but AP scales linearly. https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdesertonline/comments/4iow0q/ap_damage_scaling_calculations/

But it has modifiers on abilities in thousands of %...

Also if 1 DR is  1% or flat 1 dmg is a big difference and both can scale lineary... (or 5 DR 1% or 5 dmg... regardless of numbers)

But iirc DR was flat dmg reduction, not %, hence with awakening multipliers of AP it became almost irrelevant... (while 20 DR out of 100 is awesome, 20 out of 1000 is shit... Hence no wonder people turned to evasion builds)

Edited by RoakOriginal

Posted

AP is scaled by % so not lineary :) Dr is flat

It just meant that AP will behave like people expect and 20 AP is indeed twice as much as 10 AP... No DR or no incerased scaling with itself the higher you get...

Posted (edited)

just judging off how ive had experience with DR and damage numbers per hit , even if DR does only count to reduce damage taken by 1 its still acting in a similar efficiency as 1% damage reduction, because even hard hitting abilities wont hit for thousands of damage per hit.

but do tell how you know for a fact dr is not put into a formula to determine just how  much damage it reduces i'd love to know.

Edited by Burhead

Posted (edited)

Let me explain warrior friend TRI full armor TRI Kutum, both same lvles i stacked acc to make sure the most hits hit :) Tri kzarka, bhegs(+10acc),Ancient weapon combo(+5acc), taritas 3 piece(+5acc),RCE(+5acc), Sayier offhand(+15acc) my AP was 188AP(combined mainhand+awa+accesory.offhand) i use groud lift on him average dmg after 250hits was ~72dmg when i raise 10AP so total 198AP  he get ~87 average dmg after 250hits so it increase dmg by ~20%.

Since i am pleb with AP and only lvl 58 so skills are not maxed it is worth to stack DR in early game but in late game dmg raise tremendous and i think its impossible to reduce dmg by that far. when i hit lvl60 i can test if DR bulid is vaiable

Edited by Balrogos

Posted

because you know , kutum is a super effective example of getting DR, and so is telling us what pieces of armor he used , cause thats important.

nobody said that ap didnt scale , i just asked where you judged that 1 dr = 1 damage reduced per hit.

Posted

Was in arena with guildmate valk, i performed same combo 20x on her . We always got consistent result (hp difference max 50hp due to mimax value on greatsword and mainhand). We compared TET kite vs TET Kutum.

With Kite, she was receiving 400 less damage from that combo. Due to bad rng, i have just 191ap with Vangertz. So imagine if someone with 220-240ap hitting her. 

Not sure if acc works as armor penetration but with Kite she had 331DP and i was able to almost 100-0 her with simple cc chain. She survived few hp.

Posted

Was in arena with guildmate valk, i performed same combo 20x on her . We always got consistent result (hp difference max 50hp due to mimax value on greatsword and mainhand). We compared TET kite vs TET Kutum.

With Kite, she was receiving 400 less damage from that combo. Due to bad rng, i have just 191ap with Vangertz. So imagine if someone with 220-240ap hitting her. 

Not sure if acc works as armor penetration but with Kite she had 331DP and i was able to almost 100-0 her with simple cc chain. She survived few hp.

did she stack other forms of DR , and did she have the same survival rate with kutum?

Posted

because you know , kutum is a super effective example of getting DR, and so is telling us what pieces of armor he used , cause thats important.

nobody said that ap didnt scale , i just asked where you judged that 1 dr = 1 damage reduced per hit.

Oh you should start this question from the beggining :o as i test jevelery before data gets datamined from game i test bensho, bensho is 5DR 5eva 250hits too from ground lift 100% hitrate sames goes for Kite shield the DR DP reduced dmg by number of DR DP, same goes to shrine guardians token both of them give 10 DR DP and reduced dmg by 10 after 250hits using ground lifting, same goes to ancient combo.

But now i think we test only one two items at a time without armor too see how much dmg is reduced, but maybe just maybe if you stack a lot there is like low multiplier like 1,1x-1.3x of dr scaling? now i think about that and now after we got armor stats i can test it and try it out :) so in the end your question give me idea to another tests :D

Posted (edited)

Oh you should start this question from the beggining :o as i test jevelery before data gets datamined from game i test bensho, bensho is 5DR 5eva 250hits too from ground lift 100% hitrate sames goes for Kite shield the DR DP reduced dmg by number of DR DP, same goes to shrine guardians token both of them give 10 DR DP and reduced dmg by 10 after 250hits using ground lifting, same goes to ancient combo.

But now i think we test only one two items at a time without armor too see how much dmg is reduced, but maybe just maybe if you stack a lot there is like low multiplier like 1,1x-1.3x of dr scaling? now i think about that and now after we got armor stats i can test it and try it out :) so in the end your question give me idea to another tests :D

that doesnt answer what i said , i said because you know kutum is a super effective example of DR sarcastically because about half of its dp is eva. also asked what other pieces of armor/gear your friend was using because that still doesnt give people much to go on. all your saying is stuff people already should know. 

long story short , it would require a metric ----- ton of testing to accurately determine if 1 dr = 1 less damage and theres no formula its put into.

that and if somebody is building DR seriously , they become pretty stupidly tanky.

Edited by Burhead

Posted

I dont understand you!? you take your naked friend you hit him with skill without crit 100% hitrate was made you deal 250dmg average you tell him to put 2x shrine guardians tokens do same shit average dmg is 240 so? what you dont understand? Friend was using heve chest helmet, bheg gloves, grunil shoes all tri and kutum tri ancient combo duo the rings/earring as i remember was ap.

So if people know stuff why so much questions?

Posted

I dont understand you!? you take your naked friend you hit him with skill without crit 100% hitrate was made you deal 250dmg average you tell him to put 2x shrine guardians tokens do same shit average dmg is 240 so? what you dont understand? Friend was using heve chest helmet, bheg gloves, grunil shoes all tri and kutum tri ancient combo duo the rings/earring as i remember was ap.

So if people know stuff why so much questions?

Bcs you didint tell he was naked and what other gear and how you tested... Thats info you should provide in the first place, talking about tests done.

Posted

well becouse i dont write here about jevelery tests :< not good topic for it

Posted

well becouse i dont write here about jevelery tests :< not good topic for it

all i asked chors , not you, was what gear he was using cause the only gear he said the valk friend was using was the different shields.

same goes to you. dont  talk about tests and not give information about what you and/or the target was using.

and again , you dont really know if theres a formula put into DR or not. and either way.

and i said you were saying you were saying things that were known is because all you were saying is what different accessories had dr/eva , not what the person was using.

thats like you asking me what gear i use then saying kutum has half dr and half eva, does that give you any information on what i use? not really.

but by all means find a DR stacked warrior and tell me they arent harder to kill than a eva stacked warrior.

Posted

Still dont understand you man. 1 Dr = 1 point of dmg reduced maybe if you stak a lot maybe there is low multiplier like 1.1x-1.3x

Posted

a 1.3 modifier isnt what i'd consider low.

and i dont think you understand man, i said DR is more effective than EVA when stacked on a warrior, but by all means find a warrior who's eva stacked who's tankier than a DR stacked warrior, and i mean stacked not soso built.

2 people like this

Posted

Still dont understand you man. 1 Dr = 1 point of dmg reduced maybe if you stak a lot maybe there is low multiplier like 1.1x-1.3x

Let's see some proof. We know how AP scaling works because there is plenty of effective testing out there, but I haven't seen anything proving that DR is simply 1 damage reduced from each attack per DR. Are you taking the words "damage reduction" literally and assuming, or do you have some reference material to share? 

Posted (edited)

Ive done a lot of tests :< thats why im talking 1dr is 1 dmg reduced

Edited by Balrogos