• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Black Desert in Steam!!!

42 posts in this topic

Posted

No, BDO isn't comming to Steam.

Posted (edited)

No, BDO isn't comming to Steam.

How no? IMG no is fake.

Link removed steam 1 week ago....!!!

Edited by BattousayFatal

Posted

Buy a new camera, phone, whatever that is.

Priorities! Priorities!

5 people like this

Posted

Buy a new camera, phone, whatever that is.

Priorities! Priorities!

IMG no is my =]

Pick up  IMG in group ^^

Posted

As far as I know, PA said that they don't intend to put this game on Steam like ever.

Not sure why ....

I just hope they never lif country ban for Egypt xD 

Posted

It was a fake from someone impersonating the russian publisher who then put Black Desert into Greenlight. Since publisher don't have to go through this process and can offer it right away outside of Greenlight, it was obviously nonsense.

Posted

Lol its fake. It wouldn't be on Greenlight either. 

Posted (edited)

Lol its fake. It wouldn't be on Greenlight either. 

No is fake, any players speak about version RU  in steam.

Nothing officially ....!!!!

But it would be very good, Black Desert NA, EU, RU, SA in steam.

Steam have many players.

Edited by BattousayFatal

Posted

I guess the bigger question is, who cares... ?  It's unnecessary. And in fact gets players who don't care about the game.

Posted

Steam is ok for single player titles. I've never seen the logic in channeling an MMO through the Steam client. BDO or any other MMO for that matter.

Posted

Steam is ok for single player titles. I've never seen the logic in channeling an MMO through the Steam client. BDO or any other MMO for that matter.

Exposure to new players.

It's literally the only thing going for steam, but it does it well.

Posted

It was a fake from someone impersonating the russian publisher who then put Black Desert into Greenlight. Since publisher don't have to go through this process and can offer it right away outside of Greenlight, it was obviously nonsense.

Steam is a publisher. Other publishers don't typically put games on steam since they would have to forgo their cut for steam's 25% cut.

1 person likes this

Posted

Everyone can simply look into Steam and see....... no Black Desert there.....

Posted (edited)

Black Desert will only go to Steam if the population gets really low, like when ArcheAge did.  Steam is how you boost population drastically for a time and maybe get a stable influx of newer players from that.  Basically if BD needed to change it's business direction from B2P to F2P or something like that.

Edited by JerryBoyle

Posted

Black Desert will only go to Steam if the population gets really low, like when ArcheAge did.  Steam is how you boost population drastically for a time and maybe get a stable influx of newer players from that.  Basically if BD needed to change it's business direction from B2P to F2P or something like that.

I no agree, why game has potential how Black Desert in steam, increase many numbers players.

platform is more easy to play.

Posted

I remember when i played tera online and it went on steam...........sure many people came but.....:< dat comunity wtf felt like moba dudes

Posted

The logic is to attract more players obviously

Posted

I remember when i played tera online and it went on steam...........sure many people came but.....:< dat comunity wtf felt like moba dudes

The "community" is already trash and trying to pretend otherwise is a boldfaced lie.

1 person likes this

Posted

The "community" is already trash and trying to pretend otherwise is a boldfaced lie.

I never said it wasent bad as it is,dont put words in my mouth i did not say.Meant it as it can get worse

Posted

why not lol though na bdo is booming not sure if the server could manage all on steam that would also come play.... but this would give a major incentive to upgrade servers and add more channels. Would be a smart idea as to how popular Steam actually is and all.

Many people get discourage and quit due to the server so if steam got alot more players then kakao upgrades the server plan and bandwith aswell as add more channels provideing the bandwith is far superior to the way it is atm would be win win in revenuee raised and more people buying pearls and all.

Posted (edited)

The version of Black Desert that got Green Lighted was RU: BDO from my understanding

Edited by TwilightAngel

Posted (edited)

I hope they wait to put the real BDO on Steam for another year or so.

I was a big fan of Wildstar, and when it first released it had a population as healthy as BDO. Much like BDO, there was just something about it that players didn't like at first and the population migrated away. AND, much like BDO, the creators managed to find the right combination of free to play + other incentives to bring a large chunk of those players back.

However, that didn't last, and again players migrated. For probably a year or so, the game started to once again die a slow death.

However, they recently put the game on Steam and it breathed a new life that the game had not seen since release. Right now their population is actually doing really well thanks to Steam players, and it has been the boost the game needed.

Right now BDO is still righting the initial "incentivize returning to the game for old players" wave they have created. But, eventually, the population will start to wane again (not doomsaying; this is just what Korean grinders tend to do here in the west). If they strategically place their Steam release, they could once again jumpstart the population at that point and keep the pop healthy for a solid few years.

Edited by Tolmos

Posted

WildStar had it issues that players voiced and NcSoft ignored

1 person likes this