• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Cancerous Marketplace RNG

73 posts in this topic

Posted

You're aware that you not getting something doesnt make it broken right, you just unlucky. I've never gotten a Value pack off the market place BUT i have gotten like 4-8 outfits off the market, Granted i've bought outfits for classes an then made them but thats my business, i can buy what i want :P

Some Peoples Ego is that big they don´t see or simply can´t see that "other" Players want things too. B|

3 people like this

Posted

Some Peoples Ego is that big they don´t see or simply can´t see that "other" Players want things too. B|

I play a game for myself not for the others so obviously I want to system to benefit me, I'm pretty sure you want the system to benefit you too so don't act like everything is fine. Like the guy you're quoting, by his logic since he got stuff the system is fine and dandy. You're being hypocrit without knowing, as long as the system benefits you it's all good but when it doesn't you'll be the first to complain.

Posted (edited)

Oh shut your trap, this has nothing to do with ego. I play a game for myself not for the others so obviously I want to system to benefit me, I'm pretty sure you want the system to benefit you too so don't act like everything is fine. Like the guy you're quoting, by his logic since he got stuff the system is fine and dandy. You're being hypocrit without knowing, as long as the system benefits you it's all good but when it doesn't you'll be the first to complain. Fanboys never change.

See, massive EGO just there.

And no, i don´t complain because of a "fair for everyone" System, you do.

Edited by Caduryn
3 people like this

Posted

There are consequences for everything, and one of the first things I noticed when I came back to the game and saw that pearl items were sellable is that the prices for those pearl items were EXTREMELY low compared to what one would naturally expect them to be. A 30 dollar item basically goes for what is essentially pocket change to a high level player; so of course those players are going to buy every one of the items that they can get their hands on. But also, it makes selling the items simply not nearly as worth it. 

I would not base your desire to play this game around the ability to buy pearl items from the marketplace. With the prices the way that they are, it will be a very rare treat/novelty more than anything. Supply will NEVER come close to meeting demand.

And that may not necessarily be a bad thing. In fact, I think that's exactly what the devs wanted.

1 person likes this

Posted

either this or whoever has the fastest bot

Posted

either this or whoever has the fastest bot

It's already been fixed...Bots have no affect for the bidding system. Click as fast as you will but if you don't get chosen by luck then you can't purchase the item. Bots are only functional after the bidding phase when it turns to "Buy". Which means, first comes first serve when it leads to that. But we are talking about pearl items here that usually never get to the buying phase.

I don't know why people keep bringing up bots to argue against the bidding system. Just because you didn't get chosen out of the large group trying to get a pet doesn't mean it's because of a bot.

Posted

I don't know why people keep bringing up bots to argue against the bidding system. Just because you didn't get chosen out of the large group trying to get a pet doesn't mean it's because of a bot.

One Word: Humans ....

1 person likes this

Posted

It's already been fixed...Bots have no affect for the bidding system. Click as fast as you will but if you don't get chosen by luck then you can't purchase the item. Bots are only functional after the bidding phase when it turns to "Buy". Which means, first comes first serve when it leads to that. But we are talking about pearl items here that usually never get to the buying phase.

I've always wondered about the validity of the bots argument. I was here at release, and managed to buy several of the items that people said were constantly eaten up by bots the second they appeared. Fishing boats, for example: I desperately wanted one and at the time the forum was flooded with threads about how bots were buying all the fishing boats. So I camped out at the marketplace with a cup of coffee and spammed refresh over... and over... and over... and the second appeared, smashed "Buy" and typed as quickly as my little fingers would go the "captcha" that appeared. The boat was mine. 

As others were on the forums yelling about bots stealing their boats, I was sailing the oceans blue! 

2 people like this

Posted

the point is the OP is saying get rid of the bidding system, but if they got rid of the bidding system it would be first come first server and i dont know anyone who can click faster then a bot

Posted (edited)

All those problems would go away if, in my opinion, they had released the game as a subscription game with only a cosmetic in game shop. Something like this never happened but now there are always ways to solve those kinds of problems. We just need to think and be creative.

Me too, I cannot win anything from the Marketplace and I am starting to feel like it is wasted time even to make the effort to Bid. I even thought to give up playing for this reason. But at the same time I make these thoughts which answers some of the above suggestions:

1) I do not play the game only for the Marketplace, the items or the Value Packs. It offers a lot more for the time each and every one of us is investing into the game.

2) If there were NPCs that could sell all those items for Silver, then the game would not be B2P. It would require monthly subscription. 

3) If the Marketplace changes into some other type of Auction Houses we already know from other games (BnS, WoW, Archeage etc.), what will happen. Bots, Snipers, Hackers and in general the "wealthier" players (in game-currency) would lead the market. Nobody wants that because it would lead the prices in sky high.

4) And even if something like this would ever happen, do not expect the drop rates from items or Silver to be the same as it today. The Devs would not be as generous as they are now.

So, how can we fix these problems? My suggestions:

The RNG factor should never exist in a so sensitive tool of an MMO community like Marketplace. Marketplace should give a fair chance to everyone for buying a Pearl Item. Something like this can be done with several steps:

1) Let's build a Counting System instead of the RNG Sytem we have at the moment. In every unsuccessful bid, you earn a bid point (this will work only with the Pearl Items).  The player with the higher amount of bid points wins. After each successful bid the bidding points reset to 0 for the player who won. If there are more than one player with the same bidding points then and only then the system will choose randomly between those. Because of the large player base things will be almost the same the first days, but after that those who will insist they will be victorious.

2) Every player will have the right to Bid for as many Value Packs he wants, but he could buy maximum 2. After the purchase the bidding points will count for all the other Pearl Items. He will be able to Bid for another Value Pack when the remaining days of his used Packs will be 15 or less.

3) Maybe, with every bidding the System will reward the player with a minimal amount of Xp? I am standing at the Marketplace all day long and I do not farm because I am trying to get a Pearl Item. How awesome would be to receive some of my lost Xp from the bidding procedure.

4) Generally speaking the pricing in this game is terrible. The most of the fuss is being happening because of the need for a Value Pack right? Make them affordable by the majority of the players. That will take away some of the Marketplace bidding heat and will bring more earnings in the pockets of publishers. My suggestions:

- 30 Days Value Pack = 9 Euros / 900 Pearls

- 90 Days Value Pack = 25 Euros / 2500 Pearls

- 180 Days Value Pack = 50 Euros / 5000 Pearls + 30 Days of Value Pack to sell in the Marketplace.

5) Fix the Loyalty so that 1400 Loyalty = 7 days of Value Pack or 200 Loyalty = 1 day of Value Pack.

That was all I could think of for now. Sorry for my long writing.

Friendly

Oldar

Edited by Oldar

Posted (edited)

All those problems would go away if, in my opinion, they had released the game as a subscription game with only a cosmetic in game shop. Something like this never happened but now there are always ways to solve those kinds of problems. We just need to think and be creative.

Me too, I cannot win anything from the Marketplace and I am starting to feel like it is wasted time even to make the effort to Bid. I even thought to give up playing for this reason. But at the same time I make these thoughts which answers some of the above suggestions:

1) I do not play the game only for the Marketplace, the items or the Value Packs. It offers a lot more for the time each and every one of us is investing into the game.

2) If there were NPCs that could sell all those items for Silver, then the game would not be B2P. It would require monthly subscription. 

3) If the Marketplace changes into some other type of Auction Houses we already know from other games (BnS, WoW, Archeage etc.), what will happen. Bots, Snipers, Hackers and in general the "wealthier" players (in game-currency) would lead the market. Nobody wants that because it would lead the prices in sky high.

4) And even if something like this would ever happen, do not expect the drop rates from items or Silver to be the same as it today. The Devs would not be as generous as they are now.

So, how can we fix these problems? My suggestions:

The RNG factor should never exist in a so sensitive tool of an MMO community like Marketplace. Marketplace should give a fair chance to everyone for buying a Pearl Item. Something like this can be done with several steps:

1) Let's build a Counting System instead of the RNG Sytem we have at the moment. In every unsuccessful bid, you earn a bid point (this will work only with the Pearl Items).  The player with the higher amount of bid points wins. After each successful bid the bidding points reset to 0. If there are more than one player with the same bidding points then and only then the system will choose randomly between those. Because of the large player base things will be almost the same the first days, but after that those who will insist they will be victorious.

2) Every player will have the right to Bid for as many Value Packs he wants, but he could buy maximum 2. After the purchase the bidding points will count for all the other Pearl Items. He will be able to Bid for another Value Pack when the remaining days of his used Packs will be 15 or less.

3) Maybe, with every bidding the System will reward the player with a minimal amount of Xp? I am standing at the Marketplace all day long and I do not farm because I am trying to get a Pearl Item. How awesome would be to receive some of my lost Xp with a bidding procedure.

4) Generally speaking the pricing in this game is terrible. The most of the fuss is being happening because of the need for a Value Pack right? Make them affordable by the majority of the players. That will take away some of the Marketplace bidding heat and will bring more earnings in the pockets of publishers. My suggestions:

- 30 Days Value Pack = 9 Euros / 900 Pearls

- 90 Days Value Pack = 25 Euros / 2500 Pearls

- 180 Days Value Pack = 50 Euros / 5000 Pearls + 30 Days of Value Pack to sell in the Marketplace.

5) Fix the Loyalty so that 1400 Loyalty = 7 days of Value Pack or 200 Loyalty = 1 day of Value Pack.

That was all I could think of for now. Sorry for my long writing.

Friendly

Oldar

but why make it subscription when hey can have all three? pay to play subscription and p2w

Edited by IHirs

Posted (edited)

What you mean dead class? Every outfit that comes on sale gets sold instantly. Obviously some people are just trying to monopolize, at least the market should put a restriction for those who bid on everything.

Valk/tamer/ninja   Any low played base classe. you have better chance to get a outfit when you are less that 50 player to bid. I am valk. i have all oufit i wanted.

Edited by Catastigma

Posted

the point is the OP is saying get rid of the bidding system, but if they got rid of the bidding system it would be first come first server and i dont know anyone who can click faster then a bot

Incorrect, the OP wants to have P2P trading, not getting rid of the bidding system. But P2P isn't implement because of various reasons debated since launch, like I mentioned before this is beating a dead horse.

I've always wondered about the validity of the bots argument. I was here at release, and managed to buy several of the items that people said were constantly eaten up by bots the second they appeared. Fishing boats, for example: I desperately wanted one and at the time the forum was flooded with threads about how bots were buying all the fishing boats. So I camped out at the marketplace with a cup of coffee and spammed refresh over... and over... and over... and the second appeared, smashed "Buy" and typed as quickly as my little fingers would go the "captcha" that appeared. The boat was mine. 

As others were on the forums yelling about bots stealing their boats, I was sailing the oceans blue! 

There are no valid argument for bots used to "snipe" bids. The system gives enough time for every person to input a bid count for the item before rolling the die and choosing a winner. I have experience plenty of times where I put in a bid for popular items like shards and VP a few seconds after the item is up and still won, so "the first come, first serve" argument people spew is false, which makes the whole argument invalid.

Posted

Oh shut your trap, this has nothing to do with ego. I play a game for myself not for the others so obviously I want to system to benefit me, I'm pretty sure you want the system to benefit you too so don't act like everything is fine. Like the guy you're quoting, by his logic since he got stuff the system is fine and dandy. You're being hypocrit without knowing, as long as the system benefits you it's all good but when it doesn't you'll be the first to complain. Fanboys never change.

You play the game for yourself, and yet you are complaining about a mechanic where you're finding it difficult to piggy-back on the cash purchases from other players. You are professing an entitlement to be guaranteed an advantage over other F2P players. Every time you fail to acquire a cash shop item for in-game silver, another player who's just like you did indeed succeed in doing exactly the same thing you're moaning about. You're trying to get the P2P benefits as a F2P player. Guess what... you're no more important than the other F2P players. Suck it up princess.

3 people like this

Posted

DED GAIME BUT QQING ON FORUMS HE CANT WIN AN OUTFIT DED DED DED GAIYME FRANDS

4 people like this

Posted

I understand the need for the bidding system, but that doesn't mean we must respect it in its current state. We play a game to have fun, I imagine, forgive me if I project my values upon anyone else forcefully with that generalization.

If we play a game to have fun, I would think many players do not enjoy staring at a marketplace window for elongated periods of time in order to process bids over and over. One could argue that a pre-order prevents this need, but when (in my experience) 60-70% of marketplace items bypass the preorder route and post to the marketplace, I feel almost obligated to attend the MP with each notification as to increase my 'abysmal' chances of winning to an 'abysmal+1' chance.

If the lottery system bothers people, this probably isn't the game for them as there are too many other instances of gambling for progression. Way too many.

However, staring at a MP screen day in and day out is a poor implementation of entertainment. If one could simply put in remote bids (same lottery system as currently implemented) for a select 1-X number of items, i'm sure the gameplay experience would improve for many; anything to refresh the experience of clicking refresh over and over.

Posted

Why don't you just grab your daddy's wallet OP?

Posted

DED GAIME BUT QQING ON FORUMS HE CANT WIN AN OUTFIT DED DED DED GAIYME FRANDS

If the game was so dead as he says then why is it so hard to get outfits or value packs then. Lmao I swear the logic of some people its priceless ^.~

Posted

I don't even give a damn about costumes and pearl item stuff, I buy them with my cash anyways. I've spent over 5k$ worth of cash in this game, but retarded RNG crap hinders me from progressing I'm stuck at 235AP thx RNGesus two middle fingers to u.

I've piled up over 8 billion silver and I can't do damn about it. What's the point of playing the damn game if I can't even progress? At least let me trade with other players or buy BiS accessories from NPCs so I could get something in return for my hard earned silver.

Posted

it's 100x better then it was before.

1 person likes this

Posted

PTW is fine RNG is not. At least with PTW ur getting ur money's worth, with RNG ur at mercy of the death god.

Posted

but why make it subscription when hey can have all three? pay to play subscription and p2w

You have a point there friend and I do agree with you.

I can only think of this reason why to change it: This game can be the best think for the MMO Community since the fiasco of Archeage. If they want to keep their servers up and healthy they should clarify which model they want to support. They cannot have them all.

Check Trion with Rift Online. They wanted to have them all B2P, P2P, F2P, P2W. Today their player numbers are shrinking day by day. Of course BDO is a game with different depth and different goals than Rift. But it is a game referring to gamers. What took Rift 3-6 months to happen, BDO may take 12 months but the result will be the same.

Posted

It's quite the same thing but yes that would definitely help. However I'm pretty sure some fanboys are going to come up with the gold seller excuse.

Isn't there a way around that? Just make the item that is being traded NON sellable at all, forever, that's it.
1. My friends wants Kzarka
2. I get a Kzarka drop
3. I trade him the item (maybe the opposite player also has to give you money equal to the market price of the item)
4. It becomes bound and non sellable forever

I can's see how gold sellers can use that if I get items that I can't even vendor. I mean if you are willing to look pass the this-items-belongs-to-you-forever thing and you reaaaly want that Nouver/Kzarka/bla bla u wouldn't mind it being non sellable, correct?

Posted

Get a job and buy pearl items by yourself

Posted

Isn't there a way around that? Just make the item that is being traded NON sellable at all, forever, that's it.1. My friends wants Kzarka
2. I get a Kzarka drop
3. I trade him the item (maybe the opposite player also has to give you money equal to the market price of the item)
4. It becomes bound and non sellable forever

I can's see how gold sellers can use that if I get items that I can't even vendor. I mean if you are willing to look pass the this-items-belongs-to-you-forever thing and you reaaaly want that Nouver/Kzarka/bla bla u wouldn't mind it being non sellable, correct?

Dream on, you would be spamed to death by offer "WTS KZARKA 10000 pearls"