• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Is this game still p2w?

272 posts in this topic

Posted

I originaly bought the 100$ game package but quickly quit after realizing how op the cash shop was. Recently alot of my friends have been hyped up about the game again but before i touch it i want to know if its still p2w.

1 person likes this

Posted

You can buy ca$h $hop items with real money and sell them for ingame currency.

So it is P2W.

2 people like this

Posted

If spending hundreds of dollars in cash shop = few million silver easily able to grind in a few hours is p2w then I guess yeah. The main things in the cash shop are the pets and the weight limit increases, those will help you out a lot. Otherwise I don;t believe the game is p2w in a way that grants players a huge advantage.

5 people like this

Posted

It P2W, can I has your Conq account?

Posted

If spending hundreds of dollars in cash shop = few million silver easily able to grind in a few hours is p2w then I guess yeah. The main things in the cash shop are the pets and the weight limit increases, those will help you out a lot. Otherwise I don;t believe the game is p2w in a way that grants players a huge advantage.

I think the OP left before costumes were sell-able in the MP, so his perspective is different.

OP, if you were bothered by the Pearl shop before they allowed the sale of pets and outfits in the Marketplace (limit to 5 items per week) and the introduction of the Value Pack (a subscription-like thing you can also buy in the MP if you are lucky), then know that you can also buy Artisan's memory from the Pearl Store in unlimited quantities. 

And all the other things about the cash shop at launch are still true.

2 people like this

Posted

I wonder if it's the same person who continuously creates new forum accounts and drops the p2w thread just for lulz

1 person likes this

Posted

As someone who would totally P2W if it was a viable model, my opinion is: in the rawest sense of "Can I buy in game money with real money and then use it to get items?" the answer is indisputably 'yes'. But is it at ALL worth it? I cannot imagine anyone outside of actual, literal, millionaires thinking so.

A TET Liverto sword costs ~1 bil on the MP. If I purchase a $34 USD premium armor set, I can sell it for a maximum of 25 mil. That would require 40 premium armors to accomplish. That means that JUST the sword would cost me $1,360. 

I could purchase a brand new 2017 Toyota Rav4 for less than it would cost to gear my character out completely.

It is, in no way at all, worth even trying to "p2w" in this game even for above average "whales" lol

14 people like this

Posted

totally pay to win, if you post 5 pets every week for a year, you don't have to chop your timber yourself for your sailboat. True story. I'll be standing at the marketplace if you need more info about that.

2 people like this

Posted

As someone who would totally P2W if it was a viable model, my opinion is: in the rawest sense of "Can I buy in game money with real money and then use it to get items?" the answer is indisputably 'yes'. But is it at ALL worth it? I cannot imagine anyone outside of actual, literal, millionaires thinking so.

A TET Liverto sword costs ~1 bil on the MP. If I purchase a $34 USD premium armor set, I can sell it for a maximum of 25 mil. That would require 40 premium armors to accomplish. That means that JUST the sword would cost me $1,360. 

I could purchase a brand new 2017 Toyota Rav4 for less than it would cost to gear my character out completely.

It is, in no way at all, worth even trying to "p2w" in this game even for above average "whales" lol

Yeah not to mention this would take months since there is a limit on the marketplace.

Posted

I originaly bought the 100$ game package but quickly quit after realizing how op the cash shop was. Recently alot of my friends have been hyped up about the game again but before i touch it i want to know if its still p2w.

This smells like a dead horse.

Consider it beaten.

And no, you don't want to touch the game. You might get cooties.

Posted

These threads need to stop. 

4 people like this

Posted

No, it's not pay to whine. Even trial accounts can come on the forum and belly ache, with their wiki level understanding of mechanics.

1 person likes this

Posted

If paying around 50$ for 4 pets and a transaction maid is P2W to you then you better stay away from this world.

Posted

Still horribly p2w, but still pretty fun.

Posted

If paying around 50$ for 4 pets and a transaction maid is P2W to you then you better stay away from this world.

4 Level 1 pets simply wont do. nononono. Plus you should really add inv and weight limits and 1 costume to the list.

Posted (edited)

4 Level 1 pets simply wont do. nononono. Plus you should really add inv and weight limits and 1 costume to the list.

Why do you think I mentioned transaction maid? Do I also have to mention "Pearl gift" and the fact that it's possible to get a full page of inventory from doing quests only?

For those who wants to know the minimum $$ needed, just follow what I said.

I'm the same as you, always wanted not to spend a cent, but no one taught me which way is the light, what do I need, what do I want? what am I living for? even my only friend, google. so I ended up lost in the darkness spending more with guiltiness.

Edited by ☠ ⓜⓐⓓⓝⓔⓢⓢ ☠

Posted

Paytoconvenience most ppl says... those who actualy spend real money on the game dont like to call themself paytowinners even cuz to real WIN in this game u need spend TONS on money... but yeah if u go straight without value pack , weight , inv slots and PETS u will never be competitive in this game.

Posted

Alright, so more or less what im realizing is the community for this game are a bunch of c*nts.  For those of you who actually answered thank you.   Glad to give this game a round 2.

Posted

You can get a costume with +1AS/CS, +1Crit or +2 Movement which frees up an additional gem slot. A lot of minor things that make you better if u have cash.

Posted

Any threads that incl. p2w and wizard is 100% sure to get trolled in here lol.

If it's p2w, i guess both yes and no, depends on how you want to play the game really. Fast progress for life skills then you can buy stuff at the pearl shop to help you and so on.

Posted

V0qG6.gif

Posted (edited)

People enjoy lieing to their self's to convince them selfs that this game is not p2w. It is, saying that buying pearl items and selling it on the AH is not is denial. At least wow limits the amount of tokens you can purchase. Then you got to take in account that all of the best housing custominzation options are locked behind the pearl store and not only that you can only get wall and floor textures by buyng them in the pearl shop. For me, adding the costumes and pets to the market fixed a massive problem i had with BDO, all of the bad ass armor was locked behind a paywall and pets also. But they are still yet to add in housing items so the problem is still their, not even including the horse custominaztion.

This game is based around having all of the cool shit locked behind a paywall. Compare this to a game like GW2, its pathetic. The asian market may enjoy getting -----ed in the ass by bullshit pratices but this shit should not be in the west.

Edited by Hollenhund
2 people like this

Posted

Compare this to a game like GW2, its pathetic. The asian market may enjoy getting -----ed in the ass by bullshit pratices but this shit should not be in the west.

Why aren't you in GW 2 then ?

Are you one of those peoples who enjoy getting ... ? 

Posted (edited)

Must buy items:

Weight increase

Inventory Increase

Pets

Costume for whatever life skill you do

Value pack

Convenience items: 

Ellions tears

Artisan memory

Costume for grinding

Transaction maid

Edited by IHirs

Posted

Must buy items:

Weight increase

Inventory Increase

Pets

Costume for whatever life skill you do

Value pack

Convenience items: 

Ellions tears

Artisan memory

Costume for grinding

Transaction maid

What you call must have is not p2w

I got weight from loyalty, the same as inventory slot.

I got pet for free and in the market.

i got value pack and costume (no life costume) in the market.

this game is not p2w,

you need to pay a lot a lot and a lot if you want to try to be a P2W and  even like this, i will get more money than you by killing monster.

If you want to know what is P2W, you need to play blade and soul. arch Age, Icarus online.

Black is still the Korean style but far from P2W. Since you can not win with real money.

Now about Value Pack:

it is more like monthly subscription. this what EU people like, so they try to adapt.

You must not buy it and you can get it in the market like me.

You new gen gamers... "well a bit kiddies on the board compared to the older one" need to understand that games need money to develop.

Real money will maybe give you easy way in BDO, but it won't make you win anything.

The definition of P2W is really misunderstood.

3 people like this