• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Is this game still p2w?

272 posts in this topic

Posted

lAFTNZw.jpg.83a3d6c43008b127ca0b57d17b52

ya i totally agree with whatever u just typed. 

1 person likes this

Posted

You can buy a 15$ value pack and sell it for 9m.

or a pet for 10 sell for 5

if that math for you is a win well your gaming skills are lacking

30+ mins at Abandoned mine with 1 other on Marketplace last night I got 6+million for marketplace mail

(node 7)

at 5 pearl to silver sails a week you make what some of us do in a couple hours, so if you made -50 million via the pearl shop

most of us can hammer that out in a couple hours 

its pay for convenience of storage, weight and space, about it 

no it's pay to grab artisn memory to x3 repair so if a normal player can repair 30 durability on an item a paying user can have 90 durability restored so have x3 more enhance chance to get better item , correct me if 'im wrong , plus artisan memory cost alot of real money , guys pls dont feed this kind of system or we always have those p2w games in the future. Sorry to be realistic .

Posted

CASH ME OUTSIDE HOW BOUT DAT!!!!!!!

if u dont like my post GTFO Wikked  :P

Get a room you two. 

Posted (edited)

Nothing u mention is needed to get max AK / DP. And that is all that counts. Anything else is quality of life.

as i already said, its way way way way more than just quality of life

No need to repeat myself again, everything already explained, you dont want to see it, is a different problem.

Edited by woots

Posted

Sorry to be realistic .

Hi there, since you want to be realistic do you mind explaining how the cash shop user gets past RNG? Or how they suddenly buy the huge amount of shards that are on the market?

lol2.png

lol1.png

Oh that's right, there's hardly ever more than 20 shards/stones on the market. Doesn't matter how much silver you save by using AM, not only does it not allow you to get past RNG but you still need the items for enchanting. Or have I missed something and does BDO allow shards and stones to be sold on the marketplace? 

1 person likes this

Posted

Hi there, since you want to be realistic do you mind explaining how the cash shop user gets past RNG? Or how they suddenly buy the huge amount of shards that are on the market?

lol2.png

lol1.png

Oh that's right, there's hardly ever more than 20 shards/stones on the market. Doesn't matter how much silver you save by using AM, not only does it not allow you to get past RNG but you still need the items for enchanting. Or have I missed something and does BDO allow shards and stones to be sold on the marketplace? 

TBH when u have to deal with TET and PEN u spend alot more in memory frags then in sharps/ hards... just to give u an example a shard cost 3.6M meanwhile 10 memory frag cost 7.5M and a full repair will cost u 75M in frags but if u use artisan memory u will save 47M every full repair and those money can be spent to buy sharps/hards.
None past the RNG since RNG IS RNG but those heavy cash shopers can do alot more enchants try then u with way lower silver then you so Is this pay to win? yes it is.

1 person likes this

Posted

TBH when u have to deal with TET and PEN u spend alot more in memory frags then in sharps/ hards... just to give u an example a shard cost 3.6M meanwhile 10 memory frag cost 7.5M and a full repair will cost u 75M in frags but if u use artisan memory u will save 47M every full repair and those money can be spent to buy sharps/hards.

Does recovering max durability give you more AP at all? Does it increase your stats? No, it only allows you to grind for longer which means more silver, but cash shop users can earn more silver over a free user anyway. Sure, in your example you'll have 47 million more silver to spend over your free user counterpart, however you still have the same RNG, the same chance to gather shards and access to the same marketplace.

None past the RNG since RNG IS RNG but those heavy cash shopers can do alot more enchants try then u with way lower silver then you so Is this pay to win? yes it is.

How are they going to get these chances if there aren't enough stones/shards on the market to sustain them? Doesn't matter if they have 27 billion silver if there are only 4 stones on the marketplace. Explain to me how a system is P2W, when unlinke games like Tera and Vindictus, there's no way for the cash shop user to buy enchanting materials from the cash shop. :) 

1 person likes this

Posted

Everyone know that :

gear + lvl = win, and time = gear + lvl,

So time = win

And CS buy you a LOT of time in many cases / boost you a lot so ... Paying = win.

Someone pointed out long ago that some have more money, and some have more time, than others. Either way, these people have an advantage, and you can claim "it's not fair!". But what's really not fair is complaining about one and ignoring the other.

This is an MMO, and one glance is proof a lot of work was put into making it a realistic world. That some have an advantage is realistic. It's just the way things are.

If you want a fair combat game where no one has an advantage, perhaps you should be playing chess.

Posted (edited)

Someone pointed out long ago that some have more money, and some have more time, than others. Either way, these people have an advantage, and you can claim "it's not fair!". But what's really not fair is complaining about one and ignoring the other.

I never spoke about fairness.

That's a straight forward logic based on a official PA statement, they were themself saying : BDO is p2w.

whatever the exemple you try to pull out of your hat to proove a point, its not how that work.

If you want to determine the "action" of something, you have to only make one variable vary ("scientist experiment" 101 ), in this situation cash shop usage or not. So use 2 players doing the "same thing", during the same amount of time, THEN you are going to be able to see how OP thoses "convenience" ( /sarcasm ) are.

And i like to assume you are smart enough to perfectly get that in this situation, the player not using the cash shop is only going to be a leftover ( unless RNGesus really blessed him, and counting on that to try counter the p2w situation is like hoping for winning the lottery )

This is an MMO, and one glance is proof a lot of work was put into making it a realistic world. That some have an advantage is realistic. It's just the way things are.

If you want a fair combat game where no one has an advantage, perhaps you should be playing chess.

The world LOOK realistic yes, because the whole world modeling / visual design  is very credible ( and extremly well made )  so all character animation .But the game is NOT realistic ( all npc are static, they always have the same animation, nothing move, nothing change.. etc etc ), that's 2 VERY different things.

having advantage is realistic yes, but having counterless advantage is not. ( since you are also living in the real world, you are certainly perfectly aware that everything have a weakness, so nothing is all mighty ) nor, not beeing able to stole thoses advantage, nor not beeing able to kill someone to get thoses advantage, nor not beeing able to out smart thoses advantage... etc... etc

Dont try use "reality" it will absolutely never ever not work ;)

Edited by woots

Posted

Does recovering max durability give you more AP at all? Does it increase your stats? No, it only allows you to grind for longer which means more silver, but cash shop users can earn more silver over a free user anyway. Sure, in your example you'll have 47 million more silver to spend over your free user counterpart, however you still have the same RNG, the same chance to gather shards and access to the same marketplace.

How are they going to get these chances if there aren't enough stones/shards on the market to sustain them? Doesn't matter if they have 27 billion silver if there are only 4 stones on the marketplace. Explain to me how a system is P2W, when unlinke games like Tera and Vindictus, there's no way for the cash shop user to buy enchanting materials from the cash shop. :) 

If u think that sharp and hard are a sustain problem then u have understood nothing of this game. In one year in the market have been sold 726022 sharps so this mean that in ONE day the marketplace SELLS 1989 sharps ( sit for One hour in the market  and u will see around 82 sharps on bids ) so pls dont say bullshit bro :) .

The artisan memory is pay to win and its really ridiculous that u cant see its paytowin aspect but maybe you are just a forum troll or just a braindead if your concers reguarding sharp and hards is true i guess is normal that yu dont understand

Does recovering max durability give you more AP at all? Does it increase your stats?

Yes more silver is more AP reguardless the rng i would have never have 233 ap without the silver i grinded in those months and tbh i have been very unlucky with accessorys otherwise i would have already 249 ap 

1 person likes this

Posted

If u think that sharp and hard are a sustain problem then u have understood nothing of this game. In one year in the market have been sold 726022 sharps so this mean that in ONE day the marketplace SELLS 1989 sharps ( sit for One hour in the market  and u will see around 82 sharps on bids ) so pls dont say bullshit bro

Sharps and hards haven't been out for a year, they came with the +20 patch which was....6[?] months ago? Let's also not forget that the servers were split up until a few months ago so really it's a lot less than 1,989 sharps sold per day. I'd also like a source on this "82 sharps on bid" as every time I've looked at the marketplace there have never been more than 20 for sale. Regardless, even if we use your number of ~2,000 that's still a ridiculously small number. We don't know how many people are on each server, but even if it's a mere 2,000 per server that's still only one attempt a day. 

The artisan memory is pay to win and its really ridiculous that u cant see its paytowin aspect but maybe you are just a forum troll or just a braindead if your concers reguarding sharp and hards is true i guess is normal that yu dont understand

Really don't think you should be calling anyone braindead when you can't even be bothered to type out "please", but let's move past your insults. :) 

I've seen people claim that AM are P2W and that they allow you to earn an unlimited amount of silver, but no one has shown how they are P2W. Dorsai tried claiming that by spending $773 you can earn 2.9 billion, but he failed to mention that you would need  4.3 billion to begin with, would need to have good RNG and that you would be SAVING this silver and not EARNING it. Perhaps you're different, so if you don't mind explaining to me...how exactly are AM P2W? 

Yes more silver is more AP reguardless the rng

Ah, so you're saying that AM actually increase you're AP without enchanting your gear? Or does it allow you to never fail an enchant. How exactly are you getting more AP regardless of your RNG? :) 

without the silver i grinded in those months

i have been very unlucky with accessorys

Wait, you just said that more silver means more AP, regardless of RNG. So how come you don't have more AP? Was it because of RNG? :) 

Posted (edited)

1. Can you buy any kind of weapon from the cash shop? No.
2. Can you buy any kind of armor from the cash shop? No.
3. Can you buy any kind of accessory from the cash shop? No.
4. Do you have to buy anything from the cash shop in order to enhance your gear or have an easier time getting passed the RNG? No.
5. Can you buy your way to end-game items? No.
6. Can you buy yourself a competitive combat edge from Cash shop? No (well you can get more weight limit.. I guess those extra potions could be the defining moment for a long drawn out battle, but most the time it's either die in seconds or kill in seconds).

But what you can get from the cash shop is a lot of convenience items that makes life overall easier on you. Are they necessary to play the game? No. Can you run into people you can't beat because they are credit card warriors? No. Can you run into people you can't beat because they simply grind/play more than you. Hell yes.

Is this game p2w? No.

You can make billions on the market without any sort of combat in the high end zones.. In fact that's probably the least effective income you can go for.... I've come to the point in which the amount of daily grinding of mobs I do and what my pets pick up is a pittance compared to what I make off my Life skills. These are the ones that pays the bills.

The Artisan's memory is the only thing that comes even remotely close to being p2w... And too be honest... They're not that amazing that I'd throw my money at them (I'm much more into OP costumes and pets that look nice - not that anyone but me sees them because who runs with all pets visible O.o).

Edited by Ashreon
3 people like this

Posted

This game is pay to win because you have to pay to play the game past 7 days and you have to play for more than 7 days to win.

So conclusion is that this game is pay to win.

Posted

I originaly bought the 100$ game package but quickly quit after realizing how op the cash shop was. Recently alot of my friends have been hyped up about the game again but before i touch it i want to know if its still p2w.

LOL

Posted

1. Can you buy any kind of weapon from the cash shop? No.
2. Can you buy any kind of armor from the cash shop? No.
3. Can you buy any kind of accessory from the cash shop? No.
4. Do you have to buy anything from the cash shop in order to enhance your gear or have an easier time getting passed the RNG? No.
5. Can you buy your way to end-game items? No.
6. Can you buy yourself a competitive combat edge from Cash shop? No (well you can get more weight limit.. I guess those extra potions could be the defining moment for a long drawn out battle, but most the time it's either die in seconds or kill in seconds).

But what you can get from the cash shop is a lot of convenience items that makes life overall easier on you. Are they necessary to play the game? No. Can you run into people you can't beat because they are credit card warriors? No. Can you run into people you can't beat because they simply grind/play more than you. Hell yes.

Is this game p2w? No.

You can make billions on the market without any sort of combat in the high end zones.. In fact that's probably the least effective income you can go for.... I've come to the point in which the amount of daily grinding of mobs I do and what my pets pick up is a pittance compared to what I make off my Life skills. These are the ones that pays the bills.

The Artisan's memory is the only thing that comes even remotely close to being p2w... And too be honest... They're not that amazing that I'd throw my money at them (I'm much more into OP costumes and pets that look nice - not that anyone but me sees them because who runs with all pets visible O.o).

This.

Posted

p2w= u can get better stuff also afk sell market cause u pass the 30% tax , p2w = u have more weight u can farm for more long time , p2w = u can repair more then a normal player, p2w = u have no fragment problems cause u use less fragment of a normal player , p2w = cause u are better if u use real money and p2w cause if i spent money to bought the game i have to spent others tons of money to play it well ...u like the game ? have a lots of money to spent? ok this is the game for you ! 

Posted (edited)

As someone who would totally P2W if it was a viable model, my opinion is: in the rawest sense of "Can I buy in game money with real money and then use it to get items?" the answer is indisputably 'yes'. But is it at ALL worth it? I cannot imagine anyone outside of actual, literal, millionaires thinking so.

A TET Liverto sword costs ~1 bil on the MP. If I purchase a $34 USD premium armor set, I can sell it for a maximum of 25 mil. That would require 40 premium armors to accomplish. That means that JUST the sword would cost me $1,360. 

I could purchase a brand new 2017 Toyota Rav4 for less than it would cost to gear my character out completely.

It is, in no way at all, worth even trying to "p2w" in this game even for above average "whales" lol

You know there are people who have spent so much as 20k on games like Maple Story and Runescape right? Some people are retarded dude and there's a lot of people like that.

Thing is, most P2Wers don't realize just how much they spend over their lifetime because they do it in intervals. Like 100$ this week, 300$ next week, 250, week after that. Over the course of a year or so they end up in the thousands. 

You also forget to mention Artisan Memories (either for personal upgrade or TRI Dande selling), Horse Resets/Training, and using pearl items to incentivize private trade. All are legitimate and rather logical P2W avenues, that people like yourself often just simply ignore.

Its not so hard to be intelligent, logical, and a P2Winner all at once in this game, which is truly unfortunate.

But anyways @OP the answer is yes, but its still a great game and lots of fun. 

Edited by NotHero

Posted

these guys rly didnt played real p2w games like tera or archeage so git gud

Posted (edited)

these guys rly didnt played real p2w games like tera or archeage so git gud

and you dnt have played games whit no p2w at all maybe ... :)

ther's tons of mmorg/online games ruined by the introduction of p2w features and they end up change company every time to keep the game alive  usually before the game end in ruin ,maybe this is not the case of bdo cause it's one of the best action mmorg around but they sure lost alot of users i was happy to spent some money in the past for costume and inv space, but now it's different story now the cash shop give too much advance and the game isnt the game i used to play ,whitout considering thath pvp is dead for alot of no hardcore users like me.

Edited by Jonnyyy

Posted

and you dnt have played games whit no p2w at all maybe ... :)

ther's tons of mmorg/online games ruined by the introduction of p2w features and they end up change company every time to keep the game alive  usually before the game end in ruin ,maybe this is not the case of bdo cause it's one of the best action mmorg around but they sure lost alot of users i was happy to spent some money in the past for costume and inv space, but now it's different story now the cash shop give too much advance and the game isnt the game i used to play ,whitout considering thath pvp is dead for alot of no hardcore users like me.

then name me some mmorpg with no p2w at all and very nice ones bcz i dk any

for your information servers dont run with air and emplyeess dont get payed also with air so $$ must come from somewhere

lets be realistic here

u dont like it , dont play it thats all and must not open thread like this one bcz people will over react allways 

ps sry for my bad english

Posted

Sharps and hards haven't been out for a year, they came with the +20 patch which was....6[?] months ago? Let's also not forget that the servers were split up until a few months ago so really it's a lot less than 1,989 sharps sold per day. I'd also like a source on this "82 sharps on bid" as every time I've looked at the marketplace there have never been more than 20 for sale. Regardless, even if we use your number of ~2,000 that's still a ridiculously small number. We don't know how many people are on each server, but even if it's a mere 2,000 per server that's still only one attempt a day. 

Really don't think you should be calling anyone braindead when you can't even be bothered to type out "please", but let's move past your insults. :) 

I've seen people claim that AM are P2W and that they allow you to earn an unlimited amount of silver, but no one has shown how they are P2W. Dorsai tried claiming that by spending $773 you can earn 2.9 billion, but he failed to mention that you would need  4.3 billion to begin with, would need to have good RNG and that you would be SAVING this silver and not EARNING it. Perhaps you're different, so if you don't mind explaining to me...how exactly are AM P2W? 

Ah, so you're saying that AM actually increase you're AP without enchanting your gear? Or does it allow you to never fail an enchant. How exactly are you getting more AP regardless of your RNG? :) 

Wait, you just said that more silver means more AP, regardless of RNG. So how come you don't have more AP? Was it because of RNG? :) 

AM cuts down the silver u need to use to get a tet or pen but since u cant understand such simple thing then it can only means 2 things
1) you are a paytowin who get salty when ppl call u p2winner
2) or maybe u arent  competitive at all in this game to understand what big advantage is AM

And yes more silver u have the more ap u will have but there is a stage where u going to spend over 2B to get +3 ap ( example crescent rings when we assumed u break 5 duos thats happens quite often ) 
AM helps u with TET zarka and TET dandelion ( or pen if u want ) and same goes for armors which makes A big difference in power.
But ya keep thinking that none in this game abuse of AM :) i dont really care 

Posted

If you want to determine the "action" of something, you have to only make one variable vary ("scientist experiment" 101 ), in this situation cash shop usage or not. So use 2 players doing the "same thing", during the same amount of time, THEN you are going to be able to see how OP thoses "convenience" ( /sarcasm ) are.

Applying some litmus test in an isolated situation or arguing 'logic' as if this was a court is moot.

To claim BDO is 'pay to win' rather than 'pay for convenience' you have to prove people who are paying are actually "winning" the game. Theory and rhetoric are all well and good, but in this case only practical application matters.

Posted

Still??? It never was and still isn't. There ARE lots of ways to blow money on the game but it wont make you more income/better gear/higher level than someone who is smarter than you and plays more than you. BDO is play to win.

Posted

AM cuts down the silver u need to use to get a tet or pen 

So you agree with me that AM doesn't earn you silver, it merely SAVES you silver and that you'd need to have the silver in the first place. Good, also what happened to your argument about shards? :) 

And yes more silver u have the more ap u will have but there is a stage where u going to spend over 2B to get +3 ap ( example crescent rings when we assumed u break 5 duos thats happens quite often ) 
AM helps u with TET zarka and TET dandelion ( or pen if u want ) and same goes for armors which makes A big difference in power.
But ya keep thinking that none in this game abuse of AM :) i dont really care 

Firstly if you didn't care you wouldn't have replied, so please don't turn into an attention seeker. Secondly, you have yet to demonstrate how SILVER = AP, all you've said is that having more silver means you have more AP. I've got over 10 billion silver in liquid form, how can I turn this into more AP without using RNG, as you stated that RNG doesn't matter. Explain to me please which item I purchase to turn my silver directly into AP, before you mention enchanting that requires RNG and you stated above that there's a way to turn silver into AP without using RNG, Here's the quote in case you try to change it. :) 

Yes more silver is more AP reguardless the rng

Posted (edited)

Applying some litmus test in an isolated situation or arguing 'logic' as if this was a court is moot.

To claim BDO is 'pay to win' rather than 'pay for convenience' you have to prove people who are paying are actually "winning" the game. Theory and rhetoric are all well and good, but in this case only practical application matters.

That's how every basic scientist test work, not my fault if you dont look to know that. ( nor understand how that perfectly make sense to do that )

With the preview discussion, you have more enough exemple ( since you dont look to be able to get yourself the scale of the cash shop item action ) of the HUGE advantage provided by CS items. The game & CS itmes are the "living" proof.

But you still can look on reddit ( and i guess you can also find some on this forum ) at ppl that did somes math to show the money saved using Artisant memory, even old thread speaking about value pack taxe reduction advantage, i also remind seeing a thread about the huge amount of passive income given by investment bank ( so cash shop furniture spam )

Somes ppl already did that, you can go search for thoses thread ( sorry, i'am too lazy to do that for you )

And i guess, you are certainly have enough intelligent to understand how you speed up grind / save a lot of time ( so earn more money ) with 4 t4 pet & all CS weight + save a lot of CP / time because you can buy ( storage + worker (= lot of passive income ) + horse )

+ horse commerce with breed reset & skill.

etcetc

=> more wealthy => more possible gambling attempt => statisticly more powerfull gear => superior compare to others.

While RNG, might, maybe, balance that as "free player", its still doesnt change how bad you are far ahead using cash shop => not convenience.

You dont want to accept that because you absolutely look to want to defend the game, will never change the reality tho. ( nor like PA saying themself the game is p2w )

And in that case that"s a whole different issue.

Edited by woots