• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

What do you think of the current prices of pearl items on the Marketplace?

What do you think of the current price of pearl items on the marketplace?   99 votes

1. 1. What do you feel about the prices of the MAJORITY of Pearl Items on the Marketplace right now?

• The MAJORITY of Pearl items on the MP are priced too high
    • The MAJORITY of Pearl items on the MP are priced too low
    • The MAJORITY of Pearl items on the MPare priced correctly
    • Pearl items should be removed, entirely, from the MP and be purchasable only with cash.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

34 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I'm honestly curious what people think of the current Peal to Marketplace item costs. Please think carefully before answering.

Currently: The costs of pearl items on the marketplace are relatively low (20-25 mil here vs 100 mil in KR). This has its own pros and cons

I'm honestly curious what people think of the current Peal to Marketplace item costs. Please think carefully before answering.

Currently: The costs of pearl items on the marketplace are relatively low (20-25 mil here vs 100 mil in KR). This has its own pros and cons

Pros:

• Keeps "wallet warriors" from rolling in in-game cash via real cash (full disclosure: I would be this)
  • Keeps the items affordable for lower level characters. Not REALLY low level, but at least people level 40+
  • Limits perception of "p2w"

Cons:

• The low Market price of pearl items makes putting those items up less worth it, leading to lower supplies. Example: almost impossible to buy value packs on the marketplace
  • Because the items basically cost pocket change for high level characters, this furthers the lack of items on the MP

Now that the playerbase has had a few months to experience the current system, what do you think of it? Is it where you want it to be, or could it use a little tweaking? 

Thanks!

EDIT: Taking into account that no blanket answer is satisfactory, please answer the poll about what you feel the MAJORITY of items are at (example: if, out of 10 items, you feel 7 are correctly priced, please answer with that. If you feel the 7 items are incorrectly priced, please answer with instead)

EDIT 2: I modified the text of the choices to be more readable. The poll looked terrible. 

Edited by Tolmos

Posted

There seems to be a healthy population of 'whales' that feel the current prices are acceptable, providing the rest of us with cheap costumes. I don't think they should limit the items sold though, the items that have a reputation of being P2W, such as the camo, can't be purchased with in game currency, not that I would wear that ugly ass thing. As far as pricing, it's pretty on point imho, 1mil silver for $1.00(roughly).

1 person likes this

Posted

I feel they're too low.  I don't have specific examples, but take a weapon and outfit set for example.  Its only selling for what, 25-ish million silver?  I would like to see the prices set in stone, and have them correlate to the dollar amount you spent on the item in the pearl shop.  So, for example, if you spent 2200 pearls on the item in the pearl shop, you should be able to sell that item for 22mil in the marketplace.  I also think you shouldn't get taxed on pearl transactions at all.  Just buy with pearls, sell for the correlating amount of silver.

Now, I don't think this change would help solve your problem of higher level/experienced players being able to snipe anything they want from the marketplace, but you would know exactly how much your items would sell for, every time, and how much they cost if  you're on the other side of it buying it in game.  And you could take those numbers and do whatever with them, it doesn't have to be 100 pearls is 1mil.  It could be 100 pearls is 2 mil, or 5 mil hell personally I say the more the merrier, but I'm lucky enough to have enough disposable income to be able to buy off the pearl shop whenever I want, and if items were worth more I'd sell them in game on the regular. 

Posted (edited)

There seems to be a healthy population of 'whales' that feel the current prices are acceptable, providing the rest of us with cheap costumes. I don't think they should limit the items sold though, the items that have a reputation of being P2W, such as the camo, can't be purchased with in game currency, not that I would wear that ugly ass thing. As far as pricing, it's pretty on point imho, 1mil silver for $1.00(roughly).

At the moment, the current pricing is closer to $1.36 for 1 mil ($34 USD premium armor == 25 mil Silver).  (EDIT: My math was wrong)

This is my personal opinion, though I can't vote on my own poll: The issue I currently see is that supply doesn't even remotely come close to touching demand. I am someone who would normally be classified as a "whale", as I have more money than free time thanks to my career. However, even with that I simply cannot bring myself to put items on the MP. I have done it twice, and honestly felt a little cheated when all was said and done. $68 netted me very little to show for it, in game. Whereas, if I had just kept the item for myself, I would have had those items. Or just bought another game for myself instead of spending it on BDO at all.

In the end, the reward for the "whales" is not enough to make supply ever meet demand. That's just my opinion, though.

EDIT: Just to point out, it's a matter of opinion on whether this is a bad thing or not, thus the poll. To some (or maybe even the majority), pearl items should be a novelty to free players and having less supply than demand is a good thing. Basically the idea of "be more appreciative of what you DO get for free", as opposed to wanting access to more.  I don't really agree with this stance, but I am not saying it's good or bad either way.

Edited by Tolmos

Posted

They should give a little more bonus in silver ( without changing the current market price for the buyer ) for the seller, need more more cash shop item on the market, since server merge & market "bidding" rng that's a real pain to get something

1 person likes this

Posted

They should give a little more bonus in silver ( without changing the current market price for the buyer ) for the seller, need more more cash shop item on the market, since server merge & market "bidding" rng that's a real pain to get something

lol

Posted (edited)

lol

All honestly, i dont care if thoses ppl "p2w" with that, i just want to grab and be more easyly able to get cash shop item :P

I mean, that's the only ""p2w"" where in the end """free players""" & "p2w-er" gain something, so, whatever ( and its not like the game already abuse ( imho ) way more with many other CS item, so yeah )

Edited by woots

Posted

Yea, that's my current interest. When I first came back and looked at the pearl section of the MP, it blew me away. I literally did not see a SINGLE item that had inventory. Every single item was sold out. 100%. All of them.

My first thought was "Something is messed up with this system..."

Posted

WHY CAN I ONLY CAN I ONLY GRIND TWICE AS FAST, I WANT TO BE ABLE TO JUST BUY THE ITEMS WITH OUT GRINDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted

5th option. "Pearl items should be removed, entirely, from the cash shop and be avalible trough other in-game means"

1 person likes this

Posted

5th option. "Pearl items should be removed, entirely, from the cash shop and be avalible trough other in-game means"

The reason I did not add that last part to the final option is because I cannot see that happening. As it stands, the current system allows the publisher to still get their money.

Current system:

• Player A buys armor for himself. Player A buys a second armor and puts it on the MP. - Total Spent: $68 USD
  • Player B buys nothing from pearl store. Player B buys the armor from the MP - Total Spent: $0 USD

Total: $68 USD spent; 2 players get pearl armor

That system:

• Player A buys armor for himself. Player A doesn't have the option of putting pearl item on MP, does not buy a second. - Total Spent: $34 USD
  • Player B buys nothing from the pearl store. Player B earns, via other in-game means, the pearl armor. - Total Spent: $0 USD

Total: $34 USD spent; 2 players get pearl armor

While I wouldn't be against the system myself, I have to be realistic in my expectations as to what they are willing to work with. They would rather you spend money than not, and if the armor is available in game then the chance of them ever getting that money practically 0%. With this system, even if you are against ever spending a dime, you can get the armor anyway AND they get their money. 

Just my thoughts on that.

Posted

The reason I did not add that last part to the final option is because I cannot see that happening. As it stands, the current system allows the publisher to still get their money.

Current system:

• Player A buys armor for himself. Player A buys a second armor and puts it on the MP. - Total Spent: $68 USD
  • Player B buys nothing from pearl store. Player B buys the armor from the MP - Total Spent: $0 USD

Total: $68 USD spent; 2 players get pearl armor

That system:

• Player A buys armor for himself. Player A doesn't have the option of putting pearl item on MP, does not buy a second. - Total Spent: $34 USD
  • Player B buys nothing from the pearl store. Player B earns, via other in-game means, the pearl armor. - Total Spent: $0 USD

Total: $34 USD spent; 2 players get pearl armor

While I wouldn't be against the system myself, I have to be realistic in my expectations as to what they are willing to work with. They would rather you spend money than not, and if the armor is available in game then the chance of them ever getting that money practically 0%. With this system, even if you are against ever spending a dime, you can get the armor anyway AND they get their money. 

Just my thoughts on that.

I just prefere monthly sub over cash shop.

Posted

imo people wanting more silver from MP are just people wanting to p2w, prices are fine the way they're.

Posted (edited)

If the same Pearl items, are being sold for more in-game money, the Marketplace would loose its current balance (good for some, bad for others). Something like this, may drive away the majority of the players who will not be able to compete with the "whales" as you describe. Nobody wants something like that to happen.

The solution, in my opinion, is finding here:

Lower the real money cost of every Pearl Item. Make more affordable these items to more Players. Thus more players would buy those with real money than waiting hours for the RNG factor of the Marketplace. Devs may have even more earnings that way.

A well designed discount on the Pearl Items would had as a result: 

- More players would buy easier Pearl Items for themselves and for supplying the MP.

- The sales with real money would go up and the same time a % of the MP buyers would think to buy the items they want with real life money.

- This % of players would leave from the MP bidding heat and thus more items would refer to less players. Of course only by a small but yet significant %.

At the end I can think it this way: If today for 1 Value Pack I have to compete another 500 players and the luckiest will win ==> Lowering the prices there will be 10 Value Packs to distribute among 300 Players (the other 200 bought it with real life money) and so on.

The Devs should check for the real numbers behind my thoughts as I believe they can only get massive earnings for something like this.

As it is for now, the more important the RNG factor from the MP is the more players will think if it is worthy to stay in the game. If we lost those players, the player base will eventually dry up and then it will be too late to make adjustments to save the quality of the game (e.g. check Archeage or BnS).

There should be adjustments to the MP too if we want an idea like this to succeed.

Edited by Oldar
1 person likes this

Posted

People are worried about 20 million silver costumes (literally pocket change) for $30 when the REAL p2w is artisan memories and nobody seems to give a shit about those.

I seriously can't imagine how rich/lazy someone has to be to sell a $30 costume for 20 million silver.

Posted (edited)

IMO the prices are correct only if they removed the tax system.. I don't understand what is the point of it, The tax rate is too high that I'm pretty sure most p2w people hesitate at selling pearl items.

out of the topic: and it's harder to buy enchanted gears. thus also players will hesitate at trying another classes to main. and spend real money again.

Edit: Nvm, they're way too low no matter what they do with the tax system, tbh it's my first time seeing MMORPG that cash items are sold for a low price in-game money... the higher the in-game money price the more active & efficient marketplace(more sellers & less buyers).

Edited by ☠ ⓜⓐⓓⓝⓔⓢⓢ ☠

Posted

The pricing itself is fine. What they need to do to stimulate sales of pets and stuff is to enable selling the 90 day value pack on the ah and create pet packs of 3 to 4 pets each and show the patch itself to be sold.

Posted

People who say the prices are correct.. you are people clearly trying to BUY the pearl items and not sell.  The prices are NOT correct and quite frankly the marketplace would self correct itself VERY fast in terms of supply/demand if either the prices went up or the real life $ price went down.  One or the other (but obviously we know which route Daum would take if they ever were to change it).

Posted

Pros:

• Keeps "wallet warriors" from rolling in in-game cash via real cash (full disclosure: I would be this)
  • Keeps the items affordable for lower level characters. Not REALLY low level, but at least people level 40+
  • Limits perception of "p2w"

Cons:

• The low Market price of pearl items makes putting those items up less worth it, leading to lower supplies. Example: almost impossible to buy value packs on the marketplace
  • Because the items basically cost pocket change for high level characters, this furthers the lack of items on the MP

Now that the playerbase has had a few months to experience the current system, what do you think of it? Is it where you want it to be, or could it use a little tweaking? 

Thanks!

EDIT: Taking into account that no blanket answer is satisfactory, please answer the poll about what you feel the MAJORITY of items are at (example: if, out of 10 items, you feel 7 are correctly priced, please answer with that. If you feel the 7 items are incorrectly priced, please answer with instead)

EDIT 2: I modified the text of the choices to be more readable. The poll looked terrible. 

You are returining player, right? man pls learn about prices first before writing anything on forum!! First of all kr is F2p while our version is B2P... Second prices on KR are this high, cause you can melt costuems there into crons and valk cries... Price of costumes on KR are prices of valk cries, not costumes itself... Third Daum keep current prices of pearl shop items on MP, cause majority of players think its lesser evil...Any changes to actual system would make playerbase too angry and Daum dont need to change anything, cause they got most of their profit from value pack and artisan memories!! Smart whales know how much silver AM save (3,5m per 1$ spend) and profit from them and VP are enough to make Daum happy and in same time keep playerbase deluded that its not pay for adventage... Perfect solution :)

At the moment, the current pricing is closer to $0.75 for 1 mil ($34 USD premium armor == 25 mil Silver). 

Man pls at least do math properly... 34$ for 25m is not same as 0,75$ for 1 mil!! its basic math pls...

Posted

Limit autism memories to 20 a week. Even that's generous considering I could make 300ish mil from that with average luck

Posted (edited)

Aa i forgot small bonus for you for all your crying (im pretty sure you are buyer, not seller anyway and you complain, cause you cant snipe Vp from Mp, guess what- we all have same problem with VP).... 1B profit for 20 Am easy (around 7 euro spend during black friday):

2017-02-20_17951744.JPG

Edited by Dorsai

Posted

I think the prices right now are perfect, I just wish there was more things that could be sold. Would be nice to get maid outfits, or ghillies from the MP, or even Artisan Memory.

IMO the prices are correct only if they removed the tax system.. I don't understand what is the point of it, The tax rate is too high that I'm pretty sure most p2w people hesitate at selling pearl items.

out of the topic: and it's harder to buy enchanted gears. thus also players will hesitate at trying another classes to main. and spend real money again.

Edit: Nvm, they're way too low no matter what they do with the tax system, tbh it's my first time seeing MMORPG that cash items are sold for a low price in-game money... the higher the in-game money price the more active & efficient marketplace(more sellers & less buyers).

pearl items aren't taxed on the mp.

Posted

You are returining player, right? man pls learn about prices first before writing anything on forum!! First of all kr is F2p while our version is B2P... Second prices on KR are this high, cause you can melt costuems there into crons and valk cries... Price of costumes on KR are prices of valk cries, not costumes itself... Third Daum keep current prices of pearl shop items on MP, cause majority of players think its lesser evil...Any changes to actual system would make playerbase too angry and Daum dont need to change anything, cause they got most of their profit from value pack and artisan memories!! Smart whales know how much silver AM save (3,5m per 1$ spend) and profit from them and VP are enough to make Daum happy and in same time keep playerbase deluded that its not pay for adventage... Perfect solution :)

Man pls at least do math properly... 34$ for 25m is not same as 0,75$ for 1 mil!! its basic math pls...

A) You're right, I went backwards on my math. It's $1.36 per 1 mil.

B) I think you're both missing my point AND making my point for me at the same time.

You pointed out a great fact: by me being a new returner after a long time, I missed a huge boon to myself with this system: artisan memories. Likely, I could leverage those to make far more off of the MP than I could costumes. In fact, it would make costume/value pack selling pretty much a dumb way to go about getting money.

But, at the same time, you kind of made my point. A big part of my point is that my chat is flooded with people yelling things like "WTB ANY MUSA OUTFIT PLZ!!!!!" over and over and over... for days on end, even from the same person. Free players have practically no supply to meet their demand; there are tons of players out there desperately wanting costumes and unable to get them via the MP because, at the end of the day, you are 100% correct: there are MUCH better ways to utilize my money than buying those. And value packs? Out of the question for most free players.

My point is that the system has created an inherent flaw in itself, where supply cannot even remotely come close to touching the demand. And it's not the "whales" that are suffering because of it, but rather the players who cannot get the gear they want.

Whether the solution is to reduce the real money price of costumes/VPs or to increase the MP cost of the items, I don't know. But either way, for a certain group of players the current system is anything but a "perfect solution".

Posted

IMO all the pearl items should sell for the pearls they're worth. 1 pearl = 10,000 silver.

So value packs will sell for 15,000,000 silver, premium costumes will sell for 34,000,000 silver and so on.

1 person likes this

Posted

IMO all the pearl items should sell for the pearls they're worth. 1 pearl = 10,000 silver.

So value packs will sell for 15,000,000 silver, premium costumes will sell for 34,000,000 silver and so on.

One additional thing they could do, though I doubt they would, is reduce the RL money cost by 1/2. So instead of a $34 costume for 34,000,000 silver, it would be a $17 costume for 17,000,000 silver. For the same price of 1 current costume, you could get 2 costumes on the store without changing the overall value in game. AND a lot of the free tier players would be more likely to start purchasing their own with real money, as well, so while Kakao would stand to lose a lot per transaction, there's a good chance they'll make that back in volume... at least, I would think.