• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Residence Improvements

10 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi everyone

I am going to write an small essay now for everyone to freely read about how i think our residence could become very practical and more helpful to us. Lets hope you all agree with my idea's and the BDO staff do something about the improvements that i feel can be made! :)

Investment Banking

I have numerous amounts of residence spread out around the map, i am just a little disappointed with the lack of detail that has been added to what you can actually do in a residence. I'm loving the furniture items you can have that give you a buff, however the furniture such as draws or cabinets baskets etc, this i'm a bit disappointed with. I invest my time in game in trying to constantly make profit. So investment banking is up there on my list.

Trying to achieve a number 1 residence in this game is easy if you buy a small residence and ram it with every bit of junk you can find that gives you high interior points. But then it becomes pretty useless as a home and just looks like a storage space for your junk. I think instead of having it as a Rank 1 residence it should be changed to being in a bracket? For certain residence depending on size i think reaching a certain amount of interior points should allow you to be a rank 1 bracket residence. For example, our favorite Residence is probably 9-4 Heidel, This should be Rank 1 bracket = 20,000 interior points to allow people to invest. And small residence should be approximately 5,000 interior points.

Storage Items

I have already purchased via pearl gift shop improved weight and i also use all my daily loyalty points spent towards improving my characters bag space. Yet the way i play the game wanting to become a jack of all trades, i'm still always low on inventory space and storage space in my warehouses. In my residence i have cabinets and draws that i feel could become useful for storing certain items. I am understanding that we are all able to spend our contribution wherever needed, weather that's storage space at warehouses or something to do via craft, trade or node excavation. 

I think that certain storage items in a residence can have their extra perks, like the Calpheon Handcrafted Wardrobe. Can we store our outfits in here? Being able to store an outfit for every profession would be fantastic, lets not stop there. If i have a Calpheon handcrafted Wardrobe in another residence, then am i able to access the my outfits from any one of my residence? weather the Wardrobe is in Calpheon or Altinova? This is just 1 item that can be improved for everyone's needs, and it really doesn't stop there.

Cooking + Alchemy materials Storage

Everyone in BDO is a cook? i'm pretty sure everyone i know in this game has to cook something small like beer for their workers? I must break at least 2 of my cooking work benches a week from making beer or food for myself. Can we make this a little more fun and practical? It's always nice to have an area in your residence for the kitchen or a place to make the potions with alchemy. I feel that this part of the residence could be improved on massively.

Can there be a Alchemy storage stand to keep 10-20 potions and a table that we can keep materials in? i'm constantly having to sell different types of materials because i lack space in either my inventory or warehouse. Can we have a bit of space in our residence to keep some materials for alchemy and cooking ingredients? Again, limit the space to around 20-30 slots but also allow us to access the materials at every residence we go to (as long as we have the furniture in each residence required to store the materials)

Armor, Weapons and Accessories Storage

I have 4 different types of armor that  i use daily. But i always need fast access to each and every one of them depending on my situation. 4 different sets needs a lot of bag space or storage space at my warehouse. Either that or its just a continuous struggle. There currently isn't any form of Armory stand in the game for a residence that i am aware of, Can we please have 1? and allow us to store a couple of sets of armor in them? If i could put on a mannequin stand a set of armor (Helm, Armor, Gloves, Boots) this would be fantastic, And again being able to have access to these items at any residence. Lets not stop there though. we all use jewelry. Can a jewelry box be added for our accessories? (Rings, Necklace, Belt, Earings) Plus a Weapon stand for Main hand and offhand?

Conclusion

These few idea's i think could improve the way people use their residence and get a lot more people involved in them. I think a lot of people don't involve themselves with a residence as it doesn't have enough to offer, this would most certainly bring everyone on board and everyone would get involved. More people would invest in furniture production. The pearl shops could gain more profit from furniture items that have a bit more to offer. I have a lot more idea's involving residence improvement but the details of them wouldn't need to be mentioned here as i have mentioned the most important factors of my post.

Thanks everyone for reading. Please comment below if you feel these idea's could be improved or disproved in anyway! :)

11 people like this

Posted

Nice ideas :) Thumbs up here ^^

1 person likes this

Posted

Great ideas :) I know many people will agree. I hope BDO implements all of it!

1 person likes this

Posted

I especially agree with the investment banking idea.
I personally hate how it is now. I could not care about investment banks, I just want a nice looking house and/or top rank... but I am losing to people who stuff their houses full of chandeliers. While I take time (and pearls) to make my house as pretty as possible.

In addition, it is so disappointing to go to a new city, and checking out the houses there... and seeing that every single rank 1 house is just filled with garbage. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Just came across this. There are some really good ideas there man. Hope the devs pay attention and see this and implement some of this.

Posted

+ much bigger homes for all these new items

Posted

Pretty amazing ideas in a player directed standpoint. 

But think of this scenario- Bunch of players stuffing their houses to the brim in order to get access to the speciality item/investment bank...one after another they try to out point each other...in the beginning its just in game items, but eventually its not gonna be enough.... they furiously buy pearl shop decors to out each other......the cycle goes on for as long= What? more profit for the company

Your idea is a good one, but does not produce constant profit for the company, after you reach rank one bracket its all over

1 person likes this

Posted

Pretty amazing ideas in a player directed standpoint. 

But think of this scenario- Bunch of players stuffing their houses to the brim in order to get access to the speciality item/investment bank...one after another they try to out point each other...in the beginning its just in game items, but eventually its not gonna be enough.... they furiously buy pearl shop decors to out each other......the cycle goes on for as long= What? more profit for the company

Your idea is a good one, but does not produce constant profit for the company, after you reach rank one bracket its all over

Wouldn't you think that more people would invest in a residence and perhaps buy more pearl shop items for their residence if these items were implemented? If people can put their armor in a Calpheon Wardrobe and have access to that armor at every residence they have a wardrobe in, then that also makes people invest in not having only 1 residence per person but multiple as well. Making everyone invest in more residence and possibly spending more in the pearl shop to decorate the residence that they have.

It could work both ways

Posted

Wouldn't you think that more people would invest in a residence and perhaps buy more pearl shop items for their residence if these items were implemented? If people can put their armor in a Calpheon Wardrobe and have access to that armor at every residence they have a wardrobe in, then that also makes people invest in not having only 1 residence per person but multiple as well. Making everyone invest in more residence and possibly spending more in the pearl shop to decorate the residence that they have.

It could work both ways

That I agree