• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Returning after 6 months to play DK

8 posts in this topic

Posted

Haven't played in about 6 months but decided to come back for DK.  Trying to decide if I should reactivate this week when DK releases or wait until around March 14th so I can get the free DK slot and also possibly give myself a couple weeks with the awakening weapon on the Olvia channels.  Is there any indication as to how well DK's solo preawakening?  I'd be transferring over some decent gear from my warrior so I wouldn't be completely starting from scratch.

Posted

if you're coming back just for the dark knight you are going to be disappointed, the rest of the game has not changed.

5 people like this

Posted

I just came back a few weeks ago and I'm really loving it.  I remember why I was so excited for the game years ago when I first started reading about it.  I too play on the Olvia channels (for now) and instead of the RNG that I hated, I just buy most of my gear.  At PRI, then I do the FS plan and haven't had much trouble.  The game is very fun and with a good guild, it's probably one of the most fun MMO's I've played.

4 people like this

Posted

if you're coming back just for the dark knight you are going to be disappointed, the rest of the game has not changed.

Thats not true :)

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Alot has changed dont listen to people saying it hasn't.

RNG is still a ----- (just buy your gear if you hated enchanting before) and you are still going to grin because well its a korean mmo.

Edited by Lemonz
1 person likes this

Posted

Well at least DK is beautiful and fappable lol. If you are coming back just to play casually then why not go for it. The economy is shittier than 6 months ago though.

Posted

You guys are talking like buy your gear just like they exist in the marketplace at all. Yes go buy the dandelion you should see alot of them in the marketplace. Especially the tet ones

Posted

I've recently had really good success buying +15 gear and taking it to DUO without much issue, Even got a couple to TRI without much of a headache (although I've been saving cron stones since launch and blew through all of them to do it...)  I think it could be possible to turn a profit even by buying +15 gear and bumping it to DUO, then selling it again.  It cost me less to make my 2 TRI pieces than it would have to just buy them as DUO, but again, I popped a ton of crons to get there, so who knows... (1 failure on one TRI and 2 failures making the other).

I watch the enchant success/failures almost constantly while I am online and I see 15-30 failures for every 1 success for TET, so you won't be finding me going for TET.  Once I get all TRI I'll save up to buy a TET or two and pass my TRI on to an alt...  Right now I have a couple PRI that I swap around on alts when I'm not grinding for levels, otherwise they all wear failstack gear :)

As far as the rest of the game is concerned, I've been playing NA since CBT and no where else, I've had my love losses with this game, but my time and financial investment keep me going, that and I know I'll end up starting from scratch on a game I won't like as much if I leave...  It is hard to give up on something where I've been doing it daily for probably 340 out of the last 365 days (once we hit the 1 yr mark)...  for average daily time spent I work the most, followed by sleep, followed by BDO and there are people who have been playing 4-6 months that have progressed farther than me in everything in game.  I haven't been like this with a game since I played EQ, and that ate up 6+ years of my life.  Even with WoW I only played on guild RAID nights and maybe 1 or 2 other days, with BDO, it is the last thing I do each day and the first thing.

I agree with some of the others, I am less than impressed with what I have seen of the Dark Knight, but mine is made and ready to go, unfortunately I'll be a bit behind the rest of the world, as Wed is the worst day of the week for me to play, so I may not get past 30 minutes with her on the first day.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0