• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Pirate island

35 posts in this topic

Posted

I went to pirate island today once again, and I can now kill mobs there very easy without any problems.

But now I found another problem with this spot xD I have 1200LT avaliable on my character and 700LT on my ship. But I get all that full in less than 1 hour from all those drops. And then it takes me 30min to get with my ship to Lema island and back.

So half of the time I'm just traveling with my ship ... why isn't there NPC to trade "Pirate bandana" for silver, and then also some storage to trade silver for gold bars. It would make grinding there much more likable. 

And that's with 1200LT on character ... I guess not many players have even 1000LT with all the buffs/food.

How do the rest of you guys farm on that island, and how often do you need to sail to another island to get rid of all items?

Posted

Lets break it down.

You have a boat.

You have an elephant on your boat.

You have X pirate bandanas

You have X gold bars

You fill ship with gold bars/trade items

You fill (ELEPHANT) with bandanas using the unlimited trick.

Or you do what half of the players at pirates do. And use maids.

^ the most common setups i see.

1 person likes this

Posted

Lets break it down.

You have a boat.

You have an elephant on your boat.

You have X pirate bandanas

You have X gold bars

You fill ship with gold bars/trade items

You fill (ELEPHANT) with bandanas using the unlimited trick.

Or you do what half of the players at pirates do. And use maids.

^ the most common setups i see.

Well I have fishing boat, and I heard that it's not safe to put mounts on that boat for some reason.

And about maids ... you need residence to put her in. There aren't any residences on pirate island as far as I know.

Posted (edited)

I went to pirate island today once again, and I can now kill mobs there very easy without any problems.

But now I found another problem with this spot xD I have 1200LT avaliable on my character and 700LT on my ship. But I get all that full in less than 1 hour from all those drops. And then it takes me 30min to get with my ship to Lema island and back.

So half of the time I'm just traveling with my ship ... why isn't there NPC to trade "Pirate bandana" for silver, and then also some storage to trade silver for gold bars. It would make grinding there much more likable. 

And that's with 1200LT on character ... I guess not many players have even 1000LT with all the buffs/food.

How do the rest of you guys farm on that island, and how often do you need to sail to another island to get rid of all items?

Put bandanas on your mount, if you exceed the mounts weigh take all items off and stack them back on it won't matter if it's overweight continue to do this until you want to leave and then just stack the gold bars and coins on the boat, problem solved!

Edited by Shanir

Posted

Well I have fishing boat, and I heard that it's not safe to put mounts on that boat for some reason.

And about maids ... you need residence to put her in. There aren't any residences on pirate island as far as I know.

You can use maids at pirate island -_-.. Your comment made me cringe.

Posted

When you put maids in houses you can use them no matter where you Are:) it will connect you to the biggest city that is near you ^^ so calpheon for pirates :)

Posted

this is the reason i dont solo pirates.. need that loot bag, then you only gotta deal with silver, coins, and bandanas 

Posted

Put bandanas on your mount, if you exceed the mounts weigh take all items off and stack them back on it won't matter if it's overweight continue to do this until you want to leave and then just stack the gold bars and coins on the boat, problem solved!

thats an exploid and agains the rules!

1 person likes this

Posted

It's a feature.

Posted (edited)

you are an exploit and against the rules...pls turn on your little brain before you tipping...looks like you don't know what 'exploit' actually is

Edited by Kyocera

Posted

you are an exploit and against the rules...pls turn on your little brain before you tipping...looks like you don't know what 'exploit' actually is

its a gamebreaking exploid that u can ignore the weight limit of horses. 

Posted

gamebraking? :o Where is it gamebraking? Sometimes i get 300% in my inventar by using silverembroidered traders clothes (up to 170%) and change it cause of riding my horse with trainer clothes (then that 170% change to 300%) xD

Posted

Actually GMs have specifically said in the past that it is indeed at least a borderline exploit as you aren't supposed to be able to exceed weight.

Posted

For once, i'll have to agree with you, the "unlimited" weight on mount is an exploit/bug that dev's are aware of but for some reason, cannot fix it "yet"

Posted

Snip

Here's how to set up pirates. 

Acquire 4 fishing boat registrations, and 1 horse/elephant. Register one of those fishing boats in Epheria/Velia and keep the other 3 on your person. Take out the boat you just registered and whistle your horse onto it. Set sail for pirate island and find the wharf manager there (the dock to the East of the Kuit Island node manager). Register your other 3 boats, and whistle your horse onto the dock/land.

The 3 boats you brought with you are for infinite stacking coins onto, since there are 3 different types of coin trade items you can acquire. The horse is for infinite stacking your bandanas onto. You should keep any Coral accessories or black stones you get in your inventory, they won't provide any significant issues. That 4th boat can be used to stack gold bars on if you please, or for transport so that you can leave your 3 coin boats at the wharf manager there. 

With this method, you'll be able to stay on pirate island almost indefinitely, since you have access to a blacksmith, a general goods vendor, and a currency exchange NPC while you are out there. Having maids definitely helps and allows you use of the auction house while you're out there, but is not necessary. Having good weight/inventory space is also very nice, but not necessary. 

Infinite stacking has been explained but it's the process of putting a stack of say... 2500 bandanas on your horse from your inventory, if you tried to load anymore after that, it would say the horse was over weight. However, if you had 2500 on the horse and 1000 in your inventory, and you extracted the 2500 from the horse to make 3500 in your inventory, you would then be allowed to put the whole 3500 stack back onto the horse. Regardless of whether it would or wouldn't have let you put the 1000 on top of the 2500 already on the horse. You can do this infinitely with any item, as long as that's the only item on said mount. Hence the term infinite stacking. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Here's how to set up pirates. 

Acquire 4 fishing boat registrations, and 1 horse/elephant. Register one of those fishing boats in Epheria/Velia and keep the other 3 on your person. Take out the boat you just registered and whistle your horse onto it. Set sail for pirate island and find the wharf manager there (the dock to the East of the Kuit Island node manager). Register your other 3 boats, and whistle your horse onto the dock/land.

The 3 boats you brought with you are for infinite stacking coins onto, since there are 3 different types of coin trade items you can acquire. The horse is for infinite stacking your bandanas onto. You should keep any Coral accessories or black stones you get in your inventory, they won't provide any significant issues. That 4th boat can be used to stack gold bars on if you please, or for transport so that you can leave your 3 coin boats at the wharf manager there. 

With this method, you'll be able to stay on pirate island almost indefinitely, since you have access to a blacksmith, a general goods vendor, and a currency exchange NPC while you are out there. Having maids definitely helps and allows you use of the auction house while you're out there, but is not necessary. Having good weight/inventory space is also very nice, but not necessary. 

Infinite stacking has been explained but it's the process of putting a stack of say... 2500 bandanas on your horse from your inventory, if you tried to load anymore after that, it would say the horse was over weight. However, if you had 2500 on the horse and 1000 in your inventory, and you extracted the 2500 from the horse to make 3500 in your inventory, you would then be allowed to put the whole 3500 stack back onto the horse. Regardless of whether it would or wouldn't have let you put the 1000 on top of the 2500 already on the horse. You can do this infinitely with any item, as long as that's the only item on said mount. Hence the term infinite stacking. 

Thanks for your great explanation. Will probbably use that method. It's pointless to farm for 1 hour and then need to tkae 30min break just do clean inventory lol

It's just too bad that we can't somehow store silver on boat or horse.

Posted

Thanks for your great explanation. Will probbably use that method. It's pointless to farm for 1 hour and then need to tkae 30min break just do clean inventory lol

It's just too bad that we can't somehow store silver on boat or horse.

That's why you have a currency exchange vendor on pirate island, to turn that silver into gold bars, to put on that 4th boat. 

Posted

For once, i'll have to agree with you, the "unlimited" weight on mount is an exploit/bug that dev's are aware of but for some reason, cannot fix it "yet"

They did fix it once in the KR version I have heard. There was enough commotion about it that they put it back.

They can fix it any time they want. Proof? Try to do that trick with the storage. You can't exceed your or mount weight limit. So they're able to calculate it but they don't. Probably because people would have to act like the OP described, unload after 1-2 hours max.

Posted

That's why you have a currency exchange vendor on pirate island, to turn that silver into gold bars, to put on that 4th boat. 

Everything you said is correct except you can't bring a 4th boat in pirate island, because the wharf manager max slot is 3. If you have a 4th one out, it is not possible to swap to the other boats.

Posted

Everything you said is correct except you can't bring a 4th boat in pirate island, because the wharf manager max slot is 3. If you have a 4th one out, it is not possible to swap to the other boats.

Correct me if I'm wrong, I was under the impression that remote collecting bypasses the mount limit of any wharf/stable, where as "Check In" will hit you with an error.

Posted

Jesus fk, how do you have 1200 LT on your character? i can barely get a bit above 600.

Posted

Correct me if I'm wrong, I was under the impression that remote collecting bypasses the mount limit of any wharf/stable, where as "Check In" will hit you with an error.

Never heard of such thing, I would only imagine 2 outcomes, it will be collected to the next nearest available wharf, or error message.

Posted

Here's a test. Notice the maximum number of mounts in the stable in the top left. I believe it works the same with wharfs. I may be incorrect though.

Before remote collecting:

eJwNyFEOgyAMANC7cAAqVSx4G4IEzZQSWrOPZXff

After remote collecting:

eJwNyEEOhCAMAMC_8AAqsFDxNwQJGrUlUONhs39f

Posted

Can you try that with an item on the horse?

Posted

It worked with a normal item, but with a trade item such as the coins it may prove to be a problem since they'd be deleted. It would force you to swap boats and remote collect the boat with gold bars on it, but it should still work. 

Would be up to the individual whether the couple seconds of hassle would be worth it to them. You could probably get away with 3 boats for multiple days of farming before it ever presented an issue. 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0