• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Any tips talking about pvp as a maehwa ?

29 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi everyone ,

I'm a level 58 plum , I play casually so my gear isn't the best ( reached 58 only just yesterday ) and I still have to enchant / exchange lots of stuff  ( 182 / 172 / 257 ) 
but I did recently start getting curious about the pvp aspect of our class. 
Now, even though my gear isn't the best talking about competitive pvp , I'd like to know how plum is supposed to be played during a true fight ;
It did already happen to me to have to contest for a spot but it was either better or worse geared players which led the fights to be ended in a few seconds.
Heard the class is a flanker and that she does well in small scale pvp, could anyone be more detailed in explaining how this works ?
I know how to play flankers in other games but I'm simply not used to BDO's pvp or to maehwa's pvp due to the fact I never had anyone to practice with or who could teach me how this works;
I even tried looking for a guide but they are all outdated or suggest different builds , playstyles , ecc... the one from the other.
I'd like to know which skills are our stuns , knock downs , cc , anything that can be useful really, including rotations .
Could anyone share some tips ? The game is just so occluded about showing raw data that it's tough to be sure about pretty much anything.

Posted

Your gear level sounds similar to mine.  Same level and im probably equally casual.

Basicly we are flankers because if you charge balls out into a group of players you are going to do nothing but die. We are better small scale as our aoe attacks are a relatively small cone target area. 

I'm certainly no expert but one of the best tips given to me was relating to Stigma. It's an amazing skill to make an opening from block because while blocking if you spin your camera 180 you can use the skill and go backwards through the other player stunning them on the way. From that straight into any combo you like.

I'm still figuring combos atm. Moonrise - Frost pillars - flow - petal bloom (no charge) works pretty well. you can also reverse that and do petal bloom - frost pillar - moonrise - frost pillar - flow but your cc will run out. You can get snowflake in there if you are quick enough i hear but i never seem to be able to.  Petal drill can be cancelled into blooming if you catch someone off guard.

As a basic rundown - Stuns: Petal Drill, Stigma, Royal Rage. Ten Edge & NYE are Stiffness.   Knockdowns:  Petal Bloom, Frost Pillars, tip of an iceberg. You then also have the pre-awaken cc's too of course.

Your best bet is to head for heidel Arena and try find someone to practice with. Use the training dummies to practice combos too. If you dont mind getting beat on jump in Red battle but do so in the knowledge you are going to get your ass handed to you. use that to practice movement, practice blocking at the right time and timing you're attacks and retreats. I would personally say the thing that the one thing that will help most is learning when to attack and when to retreat. We are not a facetank class and almost all other classes will kill us if we try go toe to toe.

Posted

Mortia has covered alot but how i play mae bae is i always flank the blackline but i wait for others to initiate or start then i flank around on people (like 2/5 no more) who do not look behind them. But if that doesnt work or i miss a stun i dart back out wait for cool downs then try again. Our class is heavy depended on getting a stun off to start our combo. Also link your gear so we have a better understanding of what to help you get up to TRI etc..  I will link my gear  http://bdoplanner.com/save/[[9],[10985,18,[15224,15224]],[11014,18,[15206,15206]],[11016,18,[15212,15212]],[11015,18,[15217,15217]],[[12007,1],[12007,1]],[[11828,1],[11808,2]],[12210,1],[11607,0],[13310,18,[15501,15201]],[14772,18],[13140,18,[-15106,15627]],[-1],[19001,[-1]],[19394],[-1],[22399],[19363]]

I need to upgrade my necklace to atleast DUO and same with rings as our class needs atleast 200 ap to 2/3 shot people but even at what i am running now i can kill lvl 60's also i am 59 i am going for the 61 as i think our class rocks at 61 from all the streamers and youtube vid's i have seen of our class.

Posted

In Node wars there are 3 things a maewha should always try to do:
1) Try to kill isolated or solo chars that are far from their group
2)Try to Snipe on backline wizs/witchs because they carry the nodes wars so for us is a must to kill them. We cant carry a node war but We can give hard time to retards mages ,that are not on a good position , to help our guild. In any case try to aim for glass cannons mages/rangers/sorcs/musa/maewhas and dont think about warriors/valks/bersekers useless u got your 100%
3)Keep always an eye on your Rage and once u got the 100% use it in crowed groups with Petal drill>bloom use your E buff and royal for  extra Attck Speed which make the difference between death and life.Ofc try to dash around the group and wait them to attack your guildes so they will not pay attention to a nasty maewha jumping on their back and one shotting 3/4 ppl.
Another good thing to do as a maewha that want to support his guildies is to do always this combo petal>blooming without charging it and then fly away pots your health and do it again over and over. In this startegy the point isnt to kill your enemys but to CC them or lower their block or lower their HP in order to let your guildies to kill them more easly and ofc if 3 or 4 sincronized maewhas do this in a  group of enemys im sure they will wipe out the entire group. But maewha is a class that isnt played by many ppl for many reasons and those who play maewhas are solo wolfs in node wars that try to snipe kills on their own which i think is a strategic mistake.
Sorry for my english :) it sucks

Posted (edited)

don't go full AP like most people do.
you'll be more than useless in node wars.

tip 2, learn to use block, when I say use I mean ABUSE block. 

Edited by Sizer

Posted

stacking dp /evasion is a bad move

Hi everyone ,

I'm a level 58 plum , I play casually so my gear isn't the best ( reached 58 only just yesterday ) and I still have to enchant / exchange lots of stuff  ( 182 / 172 / 257 ) 
but I did recently start getting curious about the pvp aspect of our class. 
Now, even though my gear isn't the best talking about competitive pvp , I'd like to know how plum is supposed to be played during a true fight ;
It did already happen to me to have to contest for a spot but it was either better or worse geared players which led the fights to be ended in a few seconds.
Heard the class is a flanker and that she does well in small scale pvp, could anyone be more detailed in explaining how this works ?
I know how to play flankers in other games but I'm simply not used to BDO's pvp or to maehwa's pvp due to the fact I never had anyone to practice with or who could teach me how this works;
I even tried looking for a guide but they are all outdated or suggest different builds , playstyles , ecc... the one from the other.
I'd like to know which skills are our stuns , knock downs , cc , anything that can be useful really, including rotations .
Could anyone share some tips ? The game is just so occluded about showing raw data that it's tough to be sure about pretty much anything.

58 is not enough for plum, get 60.

Posted

Mortia has covered alot but how i play mae bae is i always flank the blackline but i wait for others to initiate or start then i flank around on people (like 2/5 no more) who do not look behind them. But if that doesnt work or i miss a stun i dart back out wait for cool downs then try again. Our class is heavy depended on getting a stun off to start our combo. Also link your gear so we have a better understanding of what to help you get up to TRI etc..  I will link my gear  http://bdoplanner.com/save/[[9],[10985,18,[15224,15224]],[11014,18,[15206,15206]],[11016,18,[15212,15212]],[11015,18,[15217,15217]],[[12007,1],[12007,1]],[[11828,1],[11808,2]],[12210,1],[11607,0],[13310,18,[15501,15201]],[14772,18],[13140,18,[-15106,15627]],[-1],[19001,[-1]],[19394],[-1],[22399],[19363]]

I need to upgrade my necklace to atleast DUO and same with rings as our class needs atleast 200 ap to 2/3 shot people but even at what i am running now i can kill lvl 60's also i am 59 i am going for the 61 as i think our class rocks at 61 from all the streamers and youtube vid's i have seen of our class.

No need to link my gear, which is at TRI already but my offhand and dandelion btw ( which are still at duo cause....7 fails on bow are so annoying  T o T ) .
I mean...I know what I plan to get and to TRI and it's obviously boss gear but so far I simply sticked to Grunil + Taritas , 2x   I / II witch earrings , 2x I / II MoS and II ancient belt & necklace cause of the low costs .
I'll switch whenever I manage to reach TRI on this gear set and I'm finally able to save some silver / farm some bosses with some little more freedom than "Kzarka spawned......oh, crap...I'm at Fogans..." .

I'd love to reach 60 but I feel like I'd need some better gear before I go for it, not to talk about the huge amount of time it takes ( okay, I could reach 58 in 4 days...but I was on holiday and could allow myself to grind for 8 hours a day) and school doesn't really allow me to do so atm. 

What do you plan on using then ? I mean....you pretty much know what I'm using already since you suggested me how to gear-progress some months ago...ofc now my stuff is at TRI apart for a couple of pieces and for some of my accessories but..
Shall I switch witch earrings for coral ? Or did you mean getting an accuracy offhand instead of my white horn bow ? I already plan to get Kutum ofc but until I manage to grab that I'm not really going to "need" to pvp a lot.

In any case...

2395d6b47a.PNG

Ofc the ideal set would be having boss gear, accuracy and/or AP offhand ( Kutum or Nouver that is...) , a basilisk belt I suppose, an ogre ring or a laytenn's core , either some  AP + accuracy rings / earrings  or full AP accessories ( I can't tell here, I'm only just guessing, I'm newb ) but again....I do not have much time to farm these things right now ; I'll try to go for them but it will take me more time..
(P.S. boots are at duo cause I have Muskan too so I don't plan to enchant them any further but at the same time I was focusing on trying to raise my AP before enchanting Muskan ) .

Posted

What do you plan on using then ? I mean....you pretty much know what I'm using already since you suggested me how to gear-progress some months ago...ofc now my stuff is at TRI apart for a couple of pieces and for some of my accessories but..Shall I switch witch earrings for coral ? Or did you mean getting an accuracy offhand instead of my white horn bow ? I already plan to get Kutum ofc but until I manage to grab that I'm not really going to "need" to pvp a lot.

I think he means To stacks some accuracy and the cheapest way is to buy a trii accuracy offhand. Even if u manage to get a 2x trii RCE ( 1B at market) and a trii tree spirit belt ( around 1B at market) they still give u less accuracy then a trii accuracy off

Posted

I think he means To stacks some accuracy and the cheapest way is to buy a trii accuracy offhand. Even if u manage to get a 2x trii RCE ( 1B at market) and a trii tree spirit belt ( around 1B at market) they still give u less accuracy then a trii accuracy off

That's why you need Bhegs.

An accuracy offhand costs you far too much AP (17 at tri).

Kutum is relatively low AP and you will still need some accuracy from elsewhere. Duo red corals are a good starting point when used with Tree or ancient set.

Posted (edited)

That's why you need Bhegs.

An accuracy offhand costs you far too much AP (17 at tri).

Kutum is relatively low AP and you will still need some accuracy from elsewhere. Duo red corals are a good starting point when used with Tree or ancient set.

Got tet Zarka and Tet begh +8 accuracy from gems and we are very far from what we need in terms of accuracy.  Get 200+ ap with acc offhand and u will have no problem to shot ppl. Maybe some bersekers with 4k hp will survive but thats not an issue

Edited by DaiCazzo

Posted (edited)

No need to link my gear, which is at TRI already but my offhand and dandelion btw ( which are still at duo cause....7 fails on bow are so annoying  T o T ) .
I mean...I know what I plan to get and to TRI and it's obviously boss gear but so far I simply sticked to Grunil + Taritas , 2x   I / II witch earrings , 2x I / II MoS and II ancient belt & necklace cause of the low costs .
I'll switch whenever I manage to reach TRI on this gear set and I'm finally able to save some silver / farm some bosses with some little more freedom than "Kzarka spawned......oh, crap...I'm at Fogans..." .

I'd love to reach 60 but I feel like I'd need some better gear before I go for it, not to talk about the huge amount of time it takes ( okay, I could reach 58 in 4 days...but I was on holiday and could allow myself to grind for 8 hours a day) and school doesn't really allow me to do so atm. 

What do you plan on using then ? I mean....you pretty much know what I'm using already since you suggested me how to gear-progress some months ago...ofc now my stuff is at TRI apart for a couple of pieces and for some of my accessories but..Shall I switch witch earrings for coral ? Or did you mean getting an accuracy offhand instead of my white horn bow ? I already plan to get Kutum ofc but until I manage to grab that I'm not really going to "need" to pvp a lot.

In any case...

2395d6b47a.PNG

Ofc the ideal set would be having boss gear, accuracy and/or AP offhand ( Kutum or Nouver that is...) , a basilisk belt I suppose, an ogre ring or a laytenn's core , either some  AP + accuracy rings / earrings  or full AP accessories ( I can't tell here, I'm only just guessing, I'm newb ) but again....I do not have much time to farm these things right now ; I'll try to go for them but it will take me more time..
(P.S. boots are at duo cause I have Muskan too so I don't plan to enchant them any further but at the same time I was focusing on trying to raise my AP before enchanting Muskan ) .

I think you're doing good.
Kutum is better for than Nouver for Maehwa.

TRI your dandelion , thats 12ap.
duo 1 witch duo 1 mos switch one witch for duo/tri red coral .grind 500mil buy tri kutum. sell your tri bow back ( 200ish )
the ancient seal neck are really expensive atm, they used to be half of that. a TRI is 500ish , not worth it. upgrade other stuff for now.

oh yeah try to get bhegs, they give alot of accuracy.

I'm at 202AP/300dp atm. ( kutum ) tri boss 1 piece tet .

stacking dp /evasion is a bad move

oh ok . 

nha

Edited by Sizer

Posted

I do have a DUO black horn warrior bow but it restrains my AP way too much I think...so I stopped using it after I got my whole set to DUO....it's 17 AP at TRI vs 36 , okay...you get lots of accuracy and in the end you'll switch back to Kutum since accuracy matters a lot for plum...but while you still do not have many AP...I think it's better to stick with a white horn bow or Nouver.....and switch back to an accuracy offhand when you'll get past 200 AP even by using that weapon instead of your AP offhand.

Talking about PVE clearing speed at least...it feels better to have a white horn bow with you, I guess even more after you get Bheg or other accuracy related accessories.

( P.S.   sei italiano o sono io ad essere scema ?   -Are you italian or is it just me being silly ?-  )

Posted (edited)

I do have a DUO black horn warrior bow but it restrains my AP way too much I think...so I stopped using it after I got my whole set to DUO....it's 17 AP at TRI vs 36 , okay...you get lots of accuracy and in the end you'll switch back to Kutum since accuracy matters a lot for plum...but while you still do not have many AP...I think it's better to stick with a white horn bow or Nouver.....and switch back to an accuracy offhand when you'll get past 200 AP even by using that weapon instead of your AP offhand.
Talking about PVE clearing speed at least...it feels better to have a white horn bow with you, I guess even more after you get Bheg or other accuracy related accessories.

( P.S.   sei italiano o sono io ad essere scema ?   -Are you italian or is it just me being silly ?-  )

Son italiano si cmq si per il pve vai tranquilla full AP per quanto riguarda il pvp dipende dalla situazione.

Io personalmente tengo sempre su il nouver e appena vedo che non faccio i danni che dovrei passo al trii accuracy off perchè se sei full ap e non fai molti danni quando hai 230+ ap allora è sicuramente colpa dell'evasion. Superati i 210 ap con accuracy off vai cmq sia tranquillamente anche con sempre accuracy sopra 

Edited by DaiCazzo

Posted (edited)

While I agree that Kutum >>>>> Nouver I believe that you should go with an AP offhand until you have around 220+ AP or 230 AP. Don't believe anyone who says DP and evasion are a lie, because this isn't true. Unless you are fighting some monster with 250-260 ap then those two stats will always save your ass.

While the DP in kutum can save ur ass on multiple occasion, it's very inconvenient to go for the kill and have to take too long in order to finish someone off especially in Siege/Node where a few seconds can be the different between life and death. In order to do this you will need at the very lease 210 ap (with kutum). Also don't ever assume Kutum's accuracy is enough to cover for Red Coral earrings. You MUST run at least one or else you will miss like a mad man on evasion builds. Maehwa's accuracy multipliers are pretty trash so you need accuracy from your accessories. Sell a Witch and get a red coral before the price increases anymore. 

Ok now for your actual question which is PvP

Skills ( i playMaehwa too much i have it all memorized)

Since you wanted to know what CC is for which skill:

Stigma -> Stiff -> Frontal Guard (You can use this with F key or use Shift+F which lets you instantly cast Stigma)

Royal Rage -> Stun -> Frontal Guard 

Frost Pillar -> Knockdown -> Frontal Guard

Tenacious Edge -> Stigma -> Frontal Guard 

Oppression -> Stiff -> Nothing 

Auto attack (w+lmb) -> Floating -> Nothing

Petal Bloom -> Knockdown & Down Smash -> Frontal Guard on charge SA on Hit

Petal Drill -> Stun -> iframe while moving SA using the skill

Flow: Moonlight Dash -> Down Smash -> SA

Flow: December -> Knockdown -> SA 

Flow: Tip of the Iceberg -> Knockdown -> Nothing

Flow: Cloud Stab -> Floating -> Frontal Guard

Flow: New Year's Eve -> Stiff -> Nothing

Moonrise -> Stiffness on Stab Floating on Up slash -> SA on Brandish and Up Slash

Sticky Snowflake -> Movement/Attack speed slow (Only used on down attack) -> Nothing

Combo:

Bread and Butter (BaB): Moonrise -> Frostpillar ->Tip of Iceberg

After enemy is cced:

Sticky Snowflake -> BaB -> Petal bloom (instant cast) -> Moonlight Dash

Auto Attack (w+lmb) -> Sticky -> BaB -> Petal bloom (risky they might get up at the Petal Bloom)

BaB -> Petal bloom -> Moonlight Dash

Chain4Dayz Combo (use at your own risk):

(since moonrise stab is a stiff it can be chained with stun stiff stun combo w.e which is why i don't use sticky (sticky doesn't include the stiff stab) in long ass combo)

Royal Rage -> Stigma -> Petal Drill -> Tenacious Edge -> Auto attack -> Sticky -> BaB

Royal Rage -> Stigma -> Petal Drill (Use december here) -> BaB -> Petal Bloom -> Moonlight Dash

Stigma -> Royal Rage -> Tenacious -> Petal Drill (Use December and take out Auto Attack) -> Auto Attack -> Sticky -> BaB

Stigma -> Royal Rage -> Tenacious -> Petal Drill (December) -> BaB -> Petal Bloom -> Moonlight Dash

Tenacious -> Royal Rage -> Stigma -> Petal Drill -> Tenacious -> Auto Attack -> Sticky -> BaB

Tenacious -> Royal Rage -> Stigma -> Petal Drill -> Tenacious -> BaB -> Petal Bloom -> Moonlight Dash

Once you are 59 just chain your December after your drill unless you are doing the Chain for Dayz combo

Node/Siege:

DaiCazzo touched on some very nice points. I wouldn't suggest using royal rage though in a group or u might get randomly cced and not be able to use ur 100%. 

Your job is to flank and assassinate so rarely will u stay with your guild as a zerg. Don't hit the fort unless they are all cleared, otherwise pick off stragglers or anyone that looks like they may be trying to use their 100% on your guild. Try to find someone to pair with you, someone tanky and with large cc. I usually run with my friend who's a Tamer and can easily take on a large group of people since a Tamer helps make up for some of my weaknesses (no large AoE cc and no grab for warriors/valks/zerkers).

If you ever find yourself 1v1ing someone in a war for a long time just leave it. You are wasting your time and are better off trying to catch people out or pulling a 1vmany (don't try to fight the 1v4 just keep them distracted so they aren't on your guildies. You are so mobile if you play it right u should never die. Do not spam chase non stop. Chase around and use your guard so you don't run out of stamina) this will alleviate pressure from both your front and backline fighters. Don't tunnel vision, make sure you keep your eyes on minimap to see if your guild is being pushed back by the enemy or if they are advancing (you don't wanna rush their base realizing ur whole guild is dad)

1v1: 

Well 1v1 is all about landing your cc (duh). Your 3 main forms of relatively reliable cc are: Royal Rage, Stigma and Petal Drill. I don't really count tenacious since it roots you in place and is risky. I'm too lazy to give you every match up, you can figure that out with time. The safest way is to just always get behind someone since they will eventually have to use frontal guard and not an SA. Chase + Sleet always lets you instantly get behind someone. Try to only use sleet when it's off CD or you feel you can "dodge" your opponents attack. Learn other class's weakness, Maehwa is not about smashing your head on a wall and hoping it's gonna fall over. It's all about learning when to hit your precise cc when your opponent is vulnerable. It's highly unfavorable for you to trade damage, so i would not recommend the "I'll just use ice laser and slowly kill them tactic".

RBF (?) :

I don't even know if there should be a section on RBF since it's just a cluster ****.

Don't be that Maehwa who petal drills into 30 guys hoping to kill someone and praying you get out. The only time u dash in is when you have your 100% and even then, max 6-7 people or you will just get destroyed by all the dmg (100% is only SA nothing else). Move around battle field, Ice laser anyone knocked down and pray for the points to roll in. If you feel safe, quickly use your Sticky -> BaB and GTFO. Don't feel discouraged even if you don't get a shit ton of points, it's probably just you are undergeared. If you are geared (220+ap) and still not getting +100 points then i got nothing to say.

K enough wasting mah time. Go play the game.

Edited by SereneWaves
3 people like this

Posted

While I agree that Kutum >>>>> Nouver I believe that you should go with an AP offhand until you have around 220+ AP or 230 AP. Don't believe anyone who says DP and evasion are a lie, because this isn't true. Unless you are fighting some monster with 250-260 ap then those two stats will always save your ass.

While the DP in kutum can save ur ass on multiple occasion, it's very inconvenient to go for the kill and have to take too long in order to finish someone off especially in Siege/Node where a few seconds can be the different between life and death. In order to do this you will need at the very lease 210 ap (with kutum). Also don't ever assume Kutum's accuracy is enough to cover for Red Coral earrings. You MUST run at least one or else you will miss like a mad man on evasion builds. Maehwa's accuracy multipliers are pretty trash so you need accuracy from your accessories. Sell a Witch and get a red coral before the price increases anymore. 

Ok now for your actual question which is PvP

Skills ( i playMaehwa too much i have it all memorized): 

Since you wanted to know what CC is for which skill:

Stigma -> Stiff -> Frontal Guard (You can use this with F key or use Shift+F which lets you instantly cast Stigma)

Royal Rage -> Stun -> Frontal Guard 

Frost Pillar -> Knockdown -> Frontal Guard

Tenacious Edge -> Stigma -> Frontal Guard 

Oppression -> Stiff -> Nothing 

Auto attack (w+lmb) -> Floating -> Nothing

Petal Bloom -> Knockdown & Down Smash -> Frontal Guard on charge SA on Hit

Petal Drill -> Stun -> iframe while moving SA using the skill

Flow: Moonlight Dash -> Down Smash -> SA

Flow: December -> Knockdown -> SA 

Flow: Tip of the Iceberg -> Knockdown -> Nothing

Flow: Cloud Stab -> Floating -> Frontal Guard

Flow: New Year's Eve -> Stiff -> Nothing

Moonrise -> Stiffness on Stab Floating on Up slash -> SA on Brandish and Up Slash

Sticky Snowflake -> Movement/Attack speed slow (Only used on down attack) -> Nothing

Combo:

Bread and Butter (BaB) -> Moonrise -> Frostpillar ->Tip of Iceberg

After enemy is cced:

Sticky Snowflake -> BaB -> Petal bloom (instant cast) -> Moonlight Dash

Auto Attack (w+lmb) -> Sticky -> BaB -> Petal bloom (risky they might get up at the Petal Bloom)

BaB -> Petal bloom -> Moonlight Dash

Chain4Dayz Combo (use at your own risk):

(since moonrise stab is a stiff it can be chained with stun stiff stun combo w.e which is why i don't use sticky (sticky doesn't include the stiff stab) in long ass combo)

Royal Rage -> Stigma -> Petal Drill -> Tenacious Edge -> Auto attack -> Sticky -> BaB

Royal Rage -> Stigma -> Petal Drill (Use december here) -> BaB -> Petal Bloom -> Moonlight Dash

Stigma -> Royal Rage -> Tenacious -> Petal Drill (Use December and take out Auto Attack) -> Auto Attack -> Sticky -> BaB

Stigma -> Royal Rage -> Tenacious -> Petal Drill (December) -> BaB -> Petal Bloom -> Moonlight Dash

Tenacious -> Royal Rage -> Stigma -> Petal Drill -> Tenacious -> Auto Attack -> Sticky -> BaB

Tenacious -> Royal Rage -> Stigma -> Petal Drill -> Tenacious -> BaB -> Petal Bloom -> Moonlight Dash

Once you are 59 just chain your December after your drill unless you are doing the Chain for Dayz combo

Node/Siege:

DaiCazzo touched on some very nice points. I wouldn't suggest using royal rage though in a group or u might get randomly cced and not be able to use ur 100%. 

Your job is to flank and assassinate so rarely will u stay with your guild as a zerg. Don't hit the fort unless they are all cleared, otherwise pick off stragglers or anyone that looks like they may be trying to use their 100% on your guild. Try to find someone to pair with you, someone tanky and with large cc. I usually run with my friend who's a Tamer and can easily take on a large group of people since a Tamer helps make up for some of my weaknesses (no large AoE cc and no grab for warriors/valks/zerkers).

If you ever find yourself 1v1ing someone in a war for a long time just leave it. You are wasting your time and are better off trying to catch people out or pulling a 1vmany (don't try to fight the 1v4 just keep them distracted so they aren't on your guildies. You are so mobile if you play it right u should never die. Do not spam chase non stop. Chase around and use your guard so you don't run out of stamina) this will alleviate pressure from both your front and backline fighters. Don't tunnel vision, make sure you keep your eyes on minimap to see if your guild is being pushed back by the enemy or if they are advancing (you don't wanna rush their base realizing ur whole guild is dad)

1v1: 

Well 1v1 is all about landing your cc (duh). Your 3 main forms of relatively reliable cc are: Royal Rage, Stigma and Petal Drill. I don't really count tenacious since it roots you in place and is risky. I'm too lazy to give you every match up, you can figure that out with time. The safest way is to just always get behind someone since they will eventually have to use frontal guard and not an SA. Chase + Sleet always lets you instantly get behind someone. Try to only use sleet when it's off CD or you feel you can "dodge" your opponents attack. Learn other class's weakness, Maehwa is not about smashing your head on a wall and hoping it's gonna fall over. It's all about learning when to hit your precise cc when your opponent is vulnerable. It's highly unfavorable for you to trade damage, so i would not recommend the "I'll just use ice laser and slowly kill them tactic".

RBF (?) :

I don't even know if there should be a section on RBF since it's just a cluster ****.

Don't be that Maehwa who petal drills into 30 guys hoping to kill someone and praying you get out. The only time u dash in is when you have your 100% and even then, max 6-7 people or you will just get destroyed by all the dmg (100% is only SA nothing else). Move around battle field, Ice laser anyone knocked down and pray for the points to roll in. If you feel safe, quickly use your Sticky -> BaB and GTFO. Don't feel discouraged even if you don't get a shit ton of points, it's probably just you are undergeared. If you are geared (220+ap) and still not getting +100 points then i got nothing to say.

K enough wasting mah time. Go play the game.

Be my sensei please <3 

Posted

Be my sensei please <3 

If you blow me first <3

Posted (edited)

Sorry to tell you... but kutum give u around 4 or 5 accuracy and u will still miss alot vs evasion builds. I personaly run with 240 dp right now cuz im lazy to make the full tri boss armor... do u know why? cuz i know that my surviability come froms my dodges and playstyle not from dp Ofc vs potatoes u will survive but im used to play vs ppl with over 230ap so no matter what u get melted with kutum if they catch you. 

Node/Siege:

Im using it only for the +10% buff stacking with E buff before jump in a group for using the 100%... even if u dont hit anything you still get the buff :) got me? Its not like i jump on them and do royal rage lol... i do it before jump for the 10 sec buff

You are right about how maewhas should be played its all a matter to when do your skills and how. We arent wizards that one shots a whole guild xD but our class is alot more fun to play :P

Edited by DaiCazzo

Posted

Sorry to tell you... but kutum give u around 4 or 5 accuracy and u will still miss alot vs evasion builds. I personaly run with 240 dp right now cuz im lazy to make the full tri boss armor... do u know why? cuz i know that my surviability come froms my dodges and playstyle not from dp Ofc vs potatoes u will survive but im used to play vs ppl with over 230ap so no matter what u get melted with kutum if they catch you. 

Im using it only for the +10% buff stacking with E buff before jump in a group for using the 100%... even if u dont hit anything you still get the buff :) got me? Its not like i jump on them and do royal rage lol... i do it before jump for the 10 sec buff

You are right about how maewhas should be played its all a matter to when do your skills and how. We arent wizards that one shots a whole guild xD but our class is alot more fun to play :P

Once you hit 300 DP you will feel the relevancy of DP. Once you pass 220-230 AP that's when you should look more towards DP. At that ap you can pretty much kill everyone.

Yes I know kutum isn't enough that is why i said : Also don't ever assume Kutum's accuracy is enough to cover for Red Coral earrings.  You MUST run at least one or else you will miss like a mad man on evasion builds. You probably just missed that sentence so it's fine. 

The reason you want DP is because while u are in SA you are constantly taking dmg. DP will greatly help mitigate this damage you are taking. Ofc if you are caught then you are a dead man. This makes DP a lot more relevant towards end game PvP (siege, node wars). If we are looking from a 1v1 perspective yes DP won't help if you are facing 230 ap enemies. 300 DP will save you against 220 ap people tho. Even in 1v1 i would argue to get Kutum after you have high enough AP. Why? Because as a Maehwa it should be basically impossible to CC u if servers are fine. You should be permanently SAed while moving and dodge skills so that you can never get CCed. This means that the majority of the time you are dying is not from getting caught and comboed but rather the skills that are hitting you in your SA. 

Oh ok use royal rage before. The way you said it made it sound like you were using it after u go in, my bad.

Posted

Once you hit 300 DP you will feel the relevancy of DP. Once you pass 220-230 AP that's when you should look more towards DP. At that ap you can pretty much kill everyone.

Yes I know kutum isn't enough that is why i said : Also don't ever assume Kutum's accuracy is enough to cover for Red Coral earrings.  You MUST run at least one or else you will miss like a mad man on evasion builds. You probably just missed that sentence so it's fine. 

The reason you want DP is because while u are in SA you are constantly taking dmg. DP will greatly help mitigate this damage you are taking. Ofc if you are caught then you are a dead man. This makes DP a lot more relevant towards end game PvP (siege, node wars). If we are looking from a 1v1 perspective yes DP won't help if you are facing 230 ap enemies. 300 DP will save you against 220 ap people tho. Even in 1v1 i would argue to get Kutum after you have high enough AP. Why? Because as a Maehwa it should be basically impossible to CC u if servers are fine. You should be permanently SAed while moving and dodge skills so that you can never get CCed. This means that the majority of the time you are dying is not from getting caught and comboed but rather the skills that are hitting you in your SA. 

Oh ok use royal rage before. The way you said it made it sound like you were using it after u go in, my bad.

First thing im sorry but my eng sucks so you may missunderstand me alot.
I dont agree about DP cuz DP is a sum of 2 values.. saying u have 300 dp basicaly says nothing to me because it can be full evasion or evasion + reduction dmg and no matter what if u go in a group or 5+ and they actually see u and shots at u ( especialy wizards/witch ) you wont survive ( of corse assuming the avareage ap is 210+ which is not hight not low ) So the trick actually is to surprise them if u can and forget about tanking their dmg u gonna die with or without 300 Dp. 
I Mostly die cuz wizs aoe(thanks god we can dash out fast but sometimes no matter what we get caught) or some mistakes of mine going in 10 vs 1 with low stamina :) 

Posted

First thing im sorry but my eng sucks so you may missunderstand me alot.I dont agree about DP cuz DP is a sum of 2 values.. saying u have 300 dp basicaly says nothing to me because it can be full evasion or evasion + reduction dmg and no matter what if u go in a group or 5+ and they actually see u and shots at u ( especialy wizards/witch ) you wont survive ( of corse assuming the avareage ap is 210+ which is not hight not low ) So the trick actually is to surprise them if u can and forget about tanking their dmg u gonna die with or without 300 Dp. 
I Mostly die cuz wizs aoe(thanks god we can dash out fast but sometimes no matter what we get caught) or some mistakes of mine going in 10 vs 1 with low stamina :) 

Yes if they notice you you are dead, gotta be sneaky like a ninja :ph34r:.

But without high dp, you might die randomly to skills that were never aimed at you. For example if you chase and u accidentally run into a Wizard's aqua jail (the spinny water thing) and it hits you, you will take a crap ton of damage that could've been mitigated. Once you start doing RBF/Siege/Node war you will realize the value of DP. It's impossible to get anything done in these larger scale PvP if you have very little DP. At least tri boss gear.

Posted

Yes if they notice you you are dead, gotta be sneaky like a ninja :ph34r:.

But without high dp, you might die randomly to skills that were never aimed at you. For example if you chase and u accidentally run into a Wizard's aqua jail (the spinny water thing) and it hits you, you will take a crap ton of damage that could've been mitigated. Once you start doing RBF/Siege/Node war you will realize the value of DP. It's impossible to get anything done in these larger scale PvP if you have very little DP. At least tri boss gear.

I have to disagree... in larger scale pvp doesnt matter your dp but your skils in dodging the wizs witch aoes... ofc u die its normal we all die in  that shit :) no shame about it... the 300 dp wont save you vs good enemys

Posted

I have to disagree... in larger scale pvp doesnt matter your dp but your skils in dodging the wizs witch aoes... ofc u die its normal we all die in  that shit :) no shame about it... the 300 dp wont save you vs good enemys

After i went from 240-280 dp my survivability literally doubled in node and siege wars. Just try DP give it a shot man.

Posted

After i went from 240-280 dp my survivability literally doubled in node and siege wars. Just try DP give it a shot man.

I already did bro :/ and doesnt matter if i do something wrong im -----ed with or without 300 dp... ofc vs some low geared ppl it helps... but those nukers with 230+ ap hurts anyway anyhow

Posted

Tbh i agree with Serene. Currently sitting on 300 dp with kutum and its really working out good. We rely on sa a lot, and while using it we take dmg. If u have enough dp then u can trade more easly. 

Posted

DP in large scale seiges is pretty worthless. If the guilds are actually good and focus dps efforts you'll die anyways. Stack lots of AP and villa buffs. The best way to survive in siege as a plum is to have a really good computer 

1 person likes this