• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Lv 57 noob questions

23 posts in this topic

Posted

Hello im very new to BDO but ive played many mmo's (mainly WoW) and majority of my time i spent in PvP, ive been playing this game extensively for the past 2 weeks and made it to lvl 57 yesterday.
Ive only started reading in the forums yesterday and some of my worst assumptions have been confirmed and already makes me want to reroll my class.

I know my gear is very bad and im working on upgrading but this is what i ahve so far.
I have +9 grunil shoes/helm/gloves + quest armor
2 blue coral ring
ancient core accessoires ( idk after getting oneshot several times i felt the need of a bit DP )
Duo ultimate yuria bow
pri tree sword
+15 steel dagger

Here are the things that bother me the most.

I choose ranger because of the bow and get forced into a melee class thats probably the squishiest out of all characters ( at least it feels like it ) with hardly any survivability. ( i choose the ranger class for the sole reason of it being a ranged class only to learn about awakening around lvl 50 so for this a big ----- YOU to the developers for trolling me this hard)
most of my open world pvp encounters so far (i'd say about 60-70%) i get oneshot by a wizard / witch without ANY chance whatsoever to do anything against them. 1 stun or cc is enough to kill me and there is nothing i can do about it, granted i have bad gear but from what i have read there is no difference even with BIS gear.
Oneshotting in general shouldnt be a thing in PVP. Other games use special PVP gear for that which lowers incoming player damage by X but also other games dont allow to spam pots until you run out of them basically forcing you to oneshot ppl otherwise u wont kill them until the run out of pots. ( very stupid pvp mechanics imo)

i usually only use my Swords because i feel the Bow completely lacks damage to be viable at all, swords feel like doing at least double the damage or more.
So since im using almost exclusively my swords i usually have to repair every 30 minutes thats not acceptable for me at all considering that my witch friend loses around 20 durability on his awakening wep in the time i lose 100 on my offhand and 80 on my awakening wep.

Which brings me to my next complaint. Im grinding sausans with my Ranger and never use manapots ( usually keep like 10 for pvp encounters at all times ) I just regen Mana with autohits when needed. Q and E more or less on cooldown and spam waltz of the wind into the back of the enemies. My killspeed is fine this way i think i can make a rotation at sausan beach and have good timing with the respawns.
But when it comes to pvp i run out of mana in like 10 seconds ( if i dont get oneshot ) and then i usually end up dying or not doing any damage because i cant regen mana without auto attacks.

I dont have the money to buy 1903182378213 weight incresase, i already bought 4 pets and the core game and i think thats enough money spent.
And therefore i dont have the weight limit to carry 100 heal pots and 100 mana pots.
Just alone the fact that some classes need to spend more real money than others is pure stupidity imo especially if you consider t hat all this weight increase is only for heal and mana pots ? wtf

My bow does absolutely no damage compared to my awakening despite ranger being presented as a BOW class and my bow being on a higher upgrade than my sword.
to me it feels like ranger has been OP for a long time and they didnt know what to do with him so they made him a generic melee class like all the others but with the lack of an actual melee skill tree which leaves him very vulnerable and squishy compared to other melee classes  and even to range classes that just aoe oneshot everything while having strong group buffs and selfheal and never have to rely on pots or weapon durability. ( yes im salty as ----- about witches and wizards wtf are the devs thinking )

from what i have read so far basically my biggest complaints are the ones most people are having and that ranger is just a  never ending black hole for pots and repair ( which would be fine to me if ALL classes had this issues and not just 1 or 2 )

The one thing that kept me from instantly rerolling after reading some things in the ranger forum is the potential update to the 2nd awakening which supposedly will bring back the power of the bow. but so far i have very little information about when or how this is going to happen.

and yes i mentioned bow damage 2 times because its retarded to pick a bow class and invest a lot of time only to find out that it becomes more or less a melee class.
If i wanted a melee class i would have picked one.

To end this rant on a positive side, i really do like the running animation with my swords out....

Posted

Hello im very new to BDO but ive played many mmo's (mainly WoW) and majority of my time i spent in PvP, ive been playing this game extensively for the past 2 weeks and made it to lvl 57 yesterday.
Ive only started reading in the forums yesterday and some of my worst assumptions have been confirmed and already makes me want to reroll my class.

I know my gear is very bad and im working on upgrading but this is what i ahve so far.
2 blue coral ring
ancient core accessoires ( idk after getting oneshot several times i felt the need of a bit DP )
Duo ultimate yuria bow
pri tree sword
+15 steel dagger
not to be rude but your gear is extremely bad  any class can and will 1 shot you with good ap.

I choose ranger because of the bow and get forced into a melee class thats probably the squishiest out of all characters ( at least it feels like it ) with hardly any survivability. ( i choose the ranger class for the sole reason of it being a ranged class only to learn about awakening around lvl 50 so for this a big ----- YOU to the developers for trolling me this hard)
most of my open world pvp encounters so far (i'd say about 60-70%) i get oneshot by a wizard / witch without ANY chance whatsoever to do anything against them. 1 stun or cc is enough to kill me and there is nothing i can do about it, granted i have bad gear but from what i have read there is no difference even with BIS gear.
Oneshotting in general shouldnt be a thing in PVP. Other games use special PVP gear for that which lowers incoming player damage by X but also other games dont allow to spam pots until you run out of them basically forcing you to oneshot ppl otherwise u wont kill them until the run out of pots. ( very stupid pvp mechanics imo)

Once again, your gear is completely terrible, anyone will 1 shot you in pvp, it's not even a class thing.

i usually only use my Swords because i feel the Bow completely lacks damage to be viable at all, swords feel like doing at least double the damage or more.
So since im using almost exclusively my swords i usually have to repair every 30 minutes thats not acceptable for me at all considering that my witch friend loses around 20 durability on his awakening wep in the time i lose 100 on my offhand and 80 on my awakening wep.

Yep rangers are bullshit for weapon dura, i have all my weapons branded just to farm comfortably and i think it needs fixing.

Which brings me to my next complaint. Im grinding sausans with my Ranger and never use manapots ( usually keep like 10 for pvp encounters at all times ) I just regen Mana with autohits when needed. Q and E more or less on cooldown and spam waltz of the wind into the back of the enemies. My killspeed is fine this way i think i can make a rotation at sausan beach and have good timing with the respawns.
But when it comes to pvp i run out of mana in like 10 seconds ( if i dont get oneshot ) and then i usually end up dying or not doing any damage because i cant regen mana without auto attacks.

Us rangers have been suffering mana on an IV drip since vanilla, lol mana pots are the single most gating thing in pvp we have.

I dont have the money to buy 1903182378213 weight incresase, i already bought 4 pets and the core game and i think thats enough money spent.
And therefore i dont have the weight limit to carry 100 heal pots and 100 mana pots.
Just alone the fact that some classes need to spend more real money than others is pure stupidity imo especially if you consider t hat all this weight increase is only for heal and mana pots ? wtf

You cant efficiently grind without a lot of weight increases, you can still grind but the trips to dump your stuff really eat into your time.
it's a giant flaw of the game, it forces you to do everything in your power to max it, at 1.4k weight i can do 1 hour at pirates before silver/bandanas and coins destroy my invy and i have to bank.

My bow does absolutely no damage compared to my awakening despite ranger being presented as a BOW class and my bow being on a higher upgrade than my sword.
to me it feels like ranger has been OP for a long time and they didnt know what to do with him so they made him a generic melee class like all the others but with the lack of an actual melee skill tree which leaves him very vulnerable and squishy compared to other melee classes  and even to range classes that just aoe oneshot everything while having strong group buffs and selfheal and never have to rely on pots or weapon durability. ( yes im salty as ----- about witches and wizards wtf are the devs thinking )

Our bow did get nerfed pretty hard for the awakening sword damage we received, but honestly our bow still does really good damage, it's just rangers as a whole require a stronger gearscore than any other class to be relevant, 220 ap being where we start feeling really really good vs 200 on say warrior or witch.

from what i have read so far basically my biggest complaints are the ones most people are having and that ranger is just a  never ending black hole for pots and repair ( which would be fine to me if ALL classes had this issues and not just 1 or 2 )

I have a farming bow with 2x extractions, its also branded, i run out of weight before i ever run out of durability after the branding, also i use sub 20 of either pots an hour. I've heard of other classes having a dedicated farming weapon so the durability ----- is the only thing really in question here.

The one thing that kept me from instantly rerolling after reading some things in the ranger forum is the potential update to the 2nd awakening which supposedly will bring back the power of the bow. but so far i have very little information about when or how this is going to happen.

No one knows really, us rangers who didn't reroll are really hoping power gets shifted back into the bow and away from the swords.

and yes i mentioned bow damage 2 times because its retarded to pick a bow class and invest a lot of time only to find out that it becomes more or less a melee class.
If i wanted a melee class i would have picked one

At higher gearscores it's about 60/40 ot 70/30 for bow to sword anyways, our sword has some nasty cooldowns attached to it..

To end this rant on a positive side, i really do like the running animation with my swords out....

Tl;dr yeah, rangers have a lot of overlooked issues, you'll have to invest a significant amount of effort into it to really see any long term power. Also seriously if you never spend money ever again on bdo for the love of god get that weight increase lol In bdo pay for convenience is heavily pay to even be functional, i seriously couldn't imagine not having max weight when pushing for 60, you'd lose days worth of time on running to dump weight lol

2 people like this

Posted

You can't expect to just begin the game and match with some who plays from the beginning, BDO isn't that kind of game, you need time and a lot of investment in your character. You have a really low gear and are not high lvl enough to unlock the potential of your class, 57 is only the beginning. Ranger deals insane damages with enough AP, and the general gameplay of BDO is pretty much the first who can land a CC wins the duel. That's what make the dynamism of the game, anticipating and avoiding your opponent's CC and placing yours.

You can't juge the surviability of the class with so few DP.

Ranger is a really fast paced class with a huge potential, and you have a grab which is currently the best kind of CC. It's a typical glass canon that can 100-0% a target in a really short time. And the grinding speed is far from ridicule.

The only point I can agree with is that indeed you will use a lot of mana potions and your weapons durability will drop quicker than other classes because your skills have a lot of hits. You can mitigate the first point by putting extraction crystal on your weapon to recover mana on hit.

Concerning the awakening gameplay, well...sorry but you could have search some informations about that, it's part of choosing your class.

If you really don't like the awakening gameplay of the ranger you can still reroll, reaching 57 with an other class is quick, and for exemple you share your offhand with witches and wizards so you can just switch and use your ranger's stuff, you just have to take a new main hand weapon.

2 people like this

Posted

2 blue coral ring
Duo ultimate yuria bow
pri tree sword
+15 steel dagger

most of my open world pvp encounters so far (i'd say about 60-70%) i get oneshot by a wizard / witch without ANY chance whatsoever to do anything against them. 1 stun or cc is enough to kill me and there is nothing i can do about it, granted i have bad gear but from what i have read there is no difference even with BIS gear. Oneshotting in general shouldnt be a thing in PVP. Other games use special PVP gear for that which lowers incoming player damage by X but also other games dont allow to spam pots until you run out of them basically forcing you to oneshot ppl otherwise u wont kill them until the run out of pots. ( very stupid pvp mechanics imo)

Don't worry about being oneshot by wizard at all. It's a feature in BDO. We all get one shotted. As for rangers survivability, it's true that they die easily upon getting cc'ed once even with BiS gear. Remember that rangers are "glasscanons", so it's all about go in and kill, run away. If you get caught, well gameover... However, if you play while using all rangers frontblocks and superarmors efficiently, you might stand a chance.

You are right. Our awakening damage is a lot better than normal bow damage. For pve, using bow is nearly waste of time (except for blasting gust if you want to regen. mana). Although, for pvp, using bow is really important. Many "pro" rangers are using about 50% bow and 50% awakening in pvp though. It's right that we lose durability extremely fast (first offhand, then awk. weapon, and then bow). If possible, you might want to use an "item brand spell stone" to decrease their durability by 50%, and using weapon costume to decrease 10% extra.

Don't ever use basic bow attack for mana regeneration... You don't have time to do that in pvp situation, because they will kill you before you realize you are dead. In PvE, use your blasting gust and spam it on 5+ mobs and you get full mana in a few seconds. In PvP, it's necessary to have mana pots at all times. If you don't have any on you, then you are just as strong as a Weasel or a Fox or a Kuku bird or.... you know.

Usually, you just fill up with pots whenever you are close to running out of them, since you can't carry unlimited pots all the time. 

We are all salty when it comes to wizards (not as much as witches though). 

I hope so too! We need the bow to be on par with the awakening sword, but until then we gotta live with our sword's damage.

There isn't a real "ranged" class in bdo, or actaully wizard? Just reroll like 99% of the bdo population. Let's make this Harry Potter Online. 

Looks like some cool naruto-ninja running style right? :D

Posted

These fine individuals above me answered it pretty clearly, but ill reiterate just so you know they arent BSing you. 

Ranger is one of the most gear-dependent if not the most gear-dependent class in the game. You are already aware that your gear isnt amazing, and thats where 90% of your problem is. Try to get your Grunil higher, and see if a grunil chest-piece is in your best interest, as a full grunil set will give you nifty bonuses. I havent used the new chest-piece they give you, so i dont know if you should keep that or not VS having the whole set.

Extraction crystals are difficult to find on the marketplace, but putting in a pre-order or spending a few hours camping the marketplace will benefit you greatly. You wont need precision crystals until much later (probably lvl 59 or so) and they make quality of life while farming SIGNIFICANTLY better.

Mana pots. Have them. All of them. You mentioned that you find yourself running out of mana during PvP, try to get in the habit of clicking the mana pot hotkey after AND/OR during a damage rotation and have it in an available slot to be able to press while in the middle of doing an attack EVEN IF YOU DONT KNOW IF YOU NEED IT OR NOT. Better to have used a pot when you have 3/4 of your mana available than to think you dont need it and realize you dont have the mana to use your needed skill.

Repairing can get annoying. It happens often, if you have the money a branding stone and maybe an outfit will drastically help with this.

Your awakening sword is stronger yes, but your bow will do decent damage once you have gear and AP. Youll notice a huge difference once you get there. Ranger is a very strong class, dont give up. Most classes are poopy at low Gearscore, rerolling will only make a difference if you go witch or wizard as they can do a lot of damage with only a bit of AP.

Keep in mind if you are at sausans, there are 400+GS players rolling around there and you simply will not beat them without gear. Best bet is to invest in your gear and then re-evaluate your PvP.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

These fine individuals above me answered it pretty clearly, but ill reiterate just so you know they arent BSing you. 

Ranger is one of the most gear-dependent if not the most gear-dependent class in the game. You are already aware that your gear isnt amazing, and thats where 90% of your problem is. Try to get your Grunil higher, and see if a grunil chest-piece is in your best interest, as a full grunil set will give you nifty bonuses. I havent used the new chest-piece they give you, so i dont know if you should keep that or not VS having the whole set.

Extraction crystals are difficult to find on the marketplace, but putting in a pre-order or spending a few hours camping the marketplace will benefit you greatly. You wont need precision crystals until much later (probably lvl 59 or so) and they make quality of life while farming SIGNIFICANTLY better.

Mana pots. Have them. All of them. You mentioned that you find yourself running out of mana during PvP, try to get in the habit of clicking the mana pot hotkey after AND/OR during a damage rotation and have it in an available slot to be able to press while in the middle of doing an attack EVEN IF YOU DONT KNOW IF YOU NEED IT OR NOT. Better to have used a pot when you have 3/4 of your mana available than to think you dont need it and realize you dont have the mana to use your needed skill.

Repairing can get annoying. It happens often, if you have the money a branding stone and maybe an outfit will drastically help with this.

Your awakening sword is stronger yes, but your bow will do decent damage once you have gear and AP. Youll notice a huge difference once you get there. Ranger is a very strong class, dont give up. Most classes are poopy at low Gearscore, rerolling will only make a difference if you go witch or wizard as they can do a lot of damage with only a bit of AP.

Keep in mind if you are at sausans, there are 400+GS players rolling around there and you simply will not beat them without gear. Best bet is to invest in your gear and then re-evaluate your PvP.

For the new armor, it's best in slot for newer people, 5 accuracy 2 slots, 5 hp and pri/duo armor defenses  (60) I'd want to add, it's even further over 400 gearscore people at sausans to be honest,(not all the time, but there are still a lot of people who do it) 450-460+ gearscore people that are too lazy to go to pirates (I'm in full tri boss gear with a tet zarka for example) will go there to power farm out some really quick money for 0 setup, where pirates are a time investment, sausans are literally just right there, you roll up smash anyone previously farming there and get some quick money while still being fully available for world bosses or node wars/random guild activities, even if the exp is terrible it's extremely convenient.

Edited by Intimacy

Posted

I'm not a ranger but when you think about it, you would actually wonder why they gave her swords at all. I mean the people who chose ranger in the first place most likely wanted a bow, or a ranged weapon at all.

Posted

I'm not a ranger but when you think about it, you would actually wonder why they gave her swords at all. I mean the people who chose ranger in the first place most likely wanted a bow, or a ranged weapon at all.

When i picked up the game, i thought i was gonna be doing long range snipey awesome stuff. Turns out its more of a midrange style. The awakening option the devs gave us fits though, as the alternative was "Hey, should we give them a super long-range weapon that will break the way things are currently done? Na, give them something that at least complements their current skillset." At least that was probably the theory behind it, that we would be able to do midrangey kite stuff and then if someone DID close the gap successfully we would be able to be competent at close range fighting.

Actual implementation is a completely different story though :P

Posted

While the OP does need to work on his gear, he's really not far off on most of his complaints.

Welcome to Ranger :)

1 person likes this

Posted

I know others have already quoted and replied to you but I'll cut the specific stuff I want to address. I know it is lengthy but please take your time to read this. It should help you in the long run (and I spent time to write all this xD)

Hello im very new to BDO but ive played many mmo's (mainly WoW) and majority of my time i spent in PvP, ive been playing this game extensively for the past 2 weeks and made it to lvl 57 yesterday.Welcome to BDO! And gratz on hitting level 57
Ive only started reading in the forums yesterday and some of my worst assumptions have been confirmed and already makes me want to reroll my class. Have you read the Ultimate Ranger Guide written by a certain someone? I heard it is very helpful!

I have +9 grunil shoes/helm/gloves + quest armor Suggestion to extract your current grunil gear (from a blacksmith) and replace them with heve. 3Heve+Roaring Armor will last you a long time. Grunil is expensive and not as flexible as heve.
2 blue coral ring Get these to PRI for an easy 2 AP
Duo ultimate yuria bow I wish you went Krea/Rosar bow with this but since you have it DUO, it isn't a big deal. 
pri tree sword Keep working on this!
+15 steel dagger Train at Rogues and turn in their drops for more steel daggers  since they are hard to find / expensive.

I choose ranger because of the bow and get forced into a melee class thats probably the squishiest out of all characters ( at least it feels like it ) with hardly any survivability. ( i choose the ranger class for the sole reason of it being a ranged class only to learn about awakening around lvl 50 so for this a big ----- YOU to the developers for trolling me this hard) You are going to have to take my word on this but the difference between a good and great ranger is the utilization of bow skills (not just shotgun). Sword will give you the burst you need but bow offers some great utility as well (BG, cameralock+BG, CftS, WotW, EES)
most of my open world pvp encounters so far (i'd say about 60-70%) i get oneshot by a wizard / witch without ANY chance whatsoever to do anything against them. 1 stun or cc is enough to kill me and there is nothing i can do about it, granted i have bad gear but from what i have read there is no difference even with BIS gear. Wizards are known for their death by CC. Rangers are admittedly vulnerable to CC compared so some other classes. You need to practice using your iframes and super armor (dash/breezyblade and elven rage) to dodge their CC before going in for the grab. You also want to be familiar with your opponents' animation for certain skills and cooldowns (such as CC and teleport)
Oneshotting in general shouldnt be a thing in PVP. Other games use special PVP gear for that which lowers incoming player damage by X but also other games dont allow to spam pots until you run out of them basically forcing you to oneshot ppl otherwise u wont kill them until the run out of pots. ( very stupid pvp mechanics imo) I think the others have already yelled at you enough for this but most players go for the "soft" gearcap of TRI gear (which takes at least 1-2 months compared to your 2 weeks). Your +9 grunil will certainly let anyone CC and melt like butter. Keep in mind higher levels of armors gives more evasion which effectively reduces their chance of CC. Also want to mention that level affects CC rates greatly. It is a dumb system but even a 2 level difference will greatly increase an opponent's chance of CCing and killing you. 

i usually only use my Swords because i feel the Bow completely lacks damage to be viable at all, swords feel like doing at least double the damage or more. Once again, difference of good vs great rangers is the use of bow skills. You will feel the damage once you get enough AP.
So since im using almost exclusively my swords i usually have to repair every 30 minutes thats not acceptable for me at all considering that my witch friend loses around 20 durability on his awakening wep in the time i lose 100 on my offhand and 80 on my awakening wep. As for durability, I've personally never really had a problem with it. I guess you can seal it (with pearls?) like others suggest if it really bothers you.

Which brings me to my next complaint. Im grinding sausans with my Ranger and never use manapots ( usually keep like 10 for pvp encounters at all times ) I just regen Mana with autohits when needed. Q and E more or less on cooldown and spam waltz of the wind into the back of the enemies. My killspeed is fine this way i think i can make a rotation at sausan beach and have good timing with the respawns. Check my ranger reference for tips on managing mana

Just alone the fact that some classes need to spend more real money than others is pure stupidity imo especially if you consider t hat all this weight increase is only for heal and mana pots ? wtf Once you have enough loyalty, max your purchases on weight limit. (+200LT). Socket your armor and shoes with cobelinus and hystria (cheap version is fine). (+80LT)

The one thing that kept me from instantly rerolling after reading some things in the ranger forum is the potential update to the 2nd awakening which supposedly will bring back the power of the bow. but so far i have very little information about when or how this is going to happen. High hopes for the "2nd awakenings" here too!

To end this rant on a positive side, i really do like the running animation with my swords out.... Naruto or Sonic? 

Posted

Hello guys thanks for your feedback and sorry for the delayed reply but i was too lazy to regain my password which i forgot. yes im a stoner

anyway.
I got myself pri heve with the quest armor + duo mainhand/offhand and aw. weapon and i can say i havent been oneshot ever since i upgraded my armor and was always able to do something at least.
My bow dmg at ~160 ap is still not as good as i would want it to be but i can clear sausans camps with 3-4 shotguns which is okay.

My real main issue now is still the weapon durability.
You suggested i should brand my weapon but not only i think its a bad idea to brand a steel dagger and a tree spirit sword also i think its just unfair that a witch loses like 15 durability in the time i shred my whole offhand and awak. weapon and therefore refuse to pay for that.

Also its more or less impossible to get the mainhand gem with +MP i got it on preorder for over a week.

Slightly offtopic: it seems that on KR servers the new DK is pretty OP and also witch and wiz are still OP so my question to the long time players is: does PA even care about some class balance in this game or why are dead classes not getting buffed and very strong classes not getting slightly nerfed? im not even talking about 1v1 here im talking about general class design / durability / mana consumption and viability in node wars. there seems to be no balance and very little buffs/nerfs from what i have seen so far

Posted

Hello guys thanks for your feedback and sorry for the delayed reply but i was too lazy to regain my password which i forgot. yes im a stoner

anyway.
I got myself pri heve with the quest armor + duo mainhand/offhand and aw. weapon and i can say i havent been oneshot ever since i upgraded my armor and was always able to do something at least.
My bow dmg at ~160 ap is still not as good as i would want it to be but i can clear sausans camps with 3-4 shotguns which is okay.

My real main issue now is still the weapon durability.
You suggested i should brand my weapon but not only i think its a bad idea to brand a steel dagger and a tree spirit sword also i think its just unfair that a witch loses like 15 durability in the time i shred my whole offhand and awak. weapon and therefore refuse to pay for that.

Unless you have immediate plans to upgrade to nouver dagger or blue awakening it's completely worth branding, when your dagger breaks your ap drops like a rock, and your awakening chews through durability.

Also its more or less impossible to get the mainhand gem with +MP i got it on preorder for over a week.

Kill the stonetail mobs right across the street from sausans, they drop them, i got 2 in an hour of casual farming

Slightly offtopic: it seems that on KR servers the new DK is pretty OP and also witch and wiz are still OP so my question to the long time players is: does PA even care about some class balance in this game or why are dead classes not getting buffed and very strong classes not getting slightly nerfed? im not even talking about 1v1 here im talking about general class design / durability / mana consumption and viability in node wars. there seems to be no balance and very little buffs/nerfs from what i have seen so far

We've been begging for QoL buffs since vanilla bdo that we have yet to get if that tells you anything.

However with the coming of the second awakening there may be hope for rangers with new balancing.

1 person likes this

Posted

Cuz if they don't fix it, people will lose their patient and start to reroll to another class, which means they will have to buy the weight, inventory, flute, costume again, and need to buy more artisan memory to make another DUO/TRI/TET weapon/off-hand/awakening weapon on their alt.

Will they fix those problems that rangers are having right now? Yes they will, but not right now... Ranger still have a huge player base now in NA even in KR, so I think the company is still waiting for those players to reroll. After more people reroll to another class then they will fix it... probably.

Posted

People will lose their patient and start to reroll to another class, which means they will have to buy the weight, inventory, flute, costume again, and need to buy more artisan memory to make another DUO/TRI/TET weapon/off-hand/awakening weapon on their alt.

Will they fix those problems that rangers are having right now? Yes they will, but not right now... Ranger still have a huge player base now in NA even in KR, so I think the company is still waiting for those players to reroll. After more people reroll to another class then they will fix it... probably.

Start to reroll?
There's already a huge leak of rangers in the game and it's going to get worse.
Range dande is the sold dandelion on NA. Just check the MP.

Tri ranger dande is the single most sold dandelion by a huge margin.
Tet ranger dande is also the most sold tet dande. In fact, there have been more tet ranger dandes posted than tri for some other classes. 

Posted

Start to reroll?There's already a huge leak of rangers in the game and it's going to get worse.
Range dande is the sold dandelion on NA. Just check the MP.

Tri ranger dande is the single most sold dandelion by a huge margin.
Tet ranger dande is also the most sold tet dande. In fact, there have been more tet ranger dandes posted than tri for some other classes. 

But after so many people reroll to another class, ranger still is one of the class that has majority of the player base. Both in KR and NA.

I personally have a 59 ranger with 210AP, and I reroll to DK after all.

I love ranger, but I can no longer deal with those said issues above. 

I wanted to play a range class, thats why I chose ranger at the first place. However they nerf our bow skills onto the ground and I have to play like a assassin to make damage. People told me that if I can increase my ap over 220 then I will start to feel the different, but if im a witch/wizard with 220ap I can do much better than my ranger. I dont need to worry about potion problem, I don't need to repair my weapon every 45 mins, I dont need to worry about if I have enough acc to do pvp, and all my skills that do burst damage only have ~10 sec CD with huge AOE and super armor/frontal block (and they are range skills). Those things are a thing that ranger can never do even with 220ap.

Again, I love my ranger, even reroll to DK i still have all my zarka bow and dande sword on it, cuz I hope one day they will fix all the issue that ranger have right now and make it more enjoyable to play.  

Posted

But after so many people reroll to another class, ranger still is one of the class that has majority of the player base. Both in KR and NA.

I personally have a 59 ranger with 210AP, and I reroll to DK after all.

I love ranger, but I can no longer deal with those said issues above. 

I wanted to play a range class, thats why I chose ranger at the first place. However they nerf our bow skills onto the ground and I have to play like a assassin to make damage. People told me that if I can increase my ap over 220 then I will start to feel the different, but if im a witch/wizard with 220ap I can do much better than my ranger. I dont need to worry about potion problem, I don't need to repair my weapon every 45 mins, I dont need to worry about if I have enough acc to do pvp, and all my skills that do burst damage only have ~10 sec CD with huge AOE and super armor/frontal block (and they are range skills). Those things are a thing that ranger can never do even with 220ap.

Again, I love my ranger, even reroll to DK i still have all my zarka bow and dande sword on it, cuz I hope one day they will fix all the issue that ranger have right now and make it more enjoyable to play.  

I agree with you..I chose ranger for the ranged and I'm tired of playing melee assassin on these servers.

I also think that demographic chart they released for the 1 yr anniversary with most played classes is a lie. Ranger was one of the more common classes on it however it took alts into account. Just about everyone has an alt ranger. There is a significant leak of rangers in game right now. Witch/wiz is undoubtedly one of the more played classes in comparison (completely understandable why)

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I agree with you..I chose ranger for the ranged and I'm tired of playing melee assassin on these servers.
I also think that demographic chart they released for the 1 yr anniversary with most played classes is a lie. Ranger was one of the more common classes on it however it took alts into account. Just about everyone has an alt ranger. There is a significant leak of rangers in game right now. Witch/wiz is undoubtedly one of the more played classes in comparison (completely understandable why)

i still see 5/10 rangers in towns 

and they all seems to have costumes and stuff so might be mains ..

Edited by Vic Brimsaw
1 person likes this

Posted

Or mains that rerolled and now have a very expensive processing gathering fishing an trading alt

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

pretty much what Fluffy said.

most of the players I know who afk use their original main for life skills.

Edited by haybreee

Posted

2 blue coral ring
Duo ultimate yuria bow
pri tree sword
+15 steel dagger

[SNIP]

You hit level 57 and call yourself a noob. This suggests that you rushed to level and that you neglected gear and quests. Looking at your gear, I would say that you have neglected it. I am also a 57 Ranger. I am in full TRI HEVE Armor, TRI KZARKA, TRI STEEL Dagger, TRI Blue Awakening. So yeah- work on that.

Quests can give you inventory slots and CP, which you will need. If you did rush to 57, go back now and find all the INV and CP oriented quests.

There are some great tips above for how to play the Ranger class, but it will depend on gear and on which skills you have. I tend to engage at distance and move fast looking for the opening to dash in and DPS hard. Then finish or escape and rinse and repeat. If you become confused and think you are a true melee class you are a dead ranger. Ask me how I know....

Mana pots are life. Period.

Posted

yep Griz is right you rushed the levels and now you do not have the gear to be fighting anyone 56 or above...
Take a moment out and get your gear up, grind in a party if you have to  make sure to max out your skills for your level etc. Ranger is such a fun class and extremely strong if you play and gear it right , with the gear you are running I think every class will be frustrating to you right now so not to waste your efforts thus far I say stick with it. 

Posted

I dumped my ranger  because im not willing to buy branding stones and weight increase just for pots when other classes dont need them and are more efficient

if anyone cares i rerolled wizard and i can solo gahaz elites with 150 ap  180 dp  no problemo
i can clear everything 2x as fast as with my ranger and never have to carry a single pot while i can still oneshot whole groups of people who attack me with no skill or mechanics needed and if it gets close i just teleport, heal and ez reset.

probably will get me way more silver in the long run than any other class with the same gear.

Playing anything else than witch / wizard is a huge waste in time, money and effort at least if you dont have top gear.
its ridicolous how much stronger this is than any other class i played.
thx for this awesome class balance dev's !

I will go back to ranger once classes are a little bit more balanced, so probably never?
didnt play this game long enough but it doesnt seem the devs are interested in any kind of balance whatsoever while endgame chars still have to farm lvl 53 areas for most money.

Posted

Thats all fine whatever you find fun is what you should be playing, that being said wizard/witch is the most boring class to play spamming the same 2 skills gets boring really really fast.