• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

New player questions

16 posts in this topic

Posted

I've recently returned and I started playing a Musa, now level 54. But reading this forum is quite depressing because of how much people say this class is gimped in ap/de scaling. I was wondering that for a newer player like me, can I enjoy Must as much? I'm mostly interested in PvE, if that helps anything. I currently have 107 ap and 175 dp and no silver to upgrade anything.  

Posted

Good! PvE is the only way, but some classes are better than us at PvE. WHAT TO LEARN FROM THIS POST I HAVE MADE>>>>??????/

PRETTY MUCH PLAY WHAT YOU FIND AWESOME AND KAWAII-DESUUUUU.!>!>!!.! HEHExD.

Posted

Reading any of the class forums is depressing, over half of the classes think they are the worst class in the game lol

Musa is actually pretty good at clearing groups of mobs, faster than most of the other classes. 

Posted

Reading any of the class forums is depressing, over half of the classes think they are the worst class in the game lol

Musa is actually pretty good at clearing groups of mobs, faster than most of the other classes. 

This.

The only classes that should really be complaining are Kuno Ninja Valk Tamer and previously Maehwa [might still need more buffs.] Outside of that the other classes [excluding bugs] are all in a decent spot. Musa is most likely one of the most balanced classes in the game as it has clear strengths [that are actually strengths] and clear weaknesses [that it is not allowed to cover up due to the overturning of the class.]

Posted (edited)

This.

The only classes that should really be complaining are Kuno Ninja Valk Tamer and previously Maehwa [might still need more buffs.] Outside of that the other classes [excluding bugs] are all in a decent spot. Musa is most likely one of the most balanced classes in the game as it has clear strengths [that are actually strengths] and clear weaknesses [that it is not allowed to cover up due to the overturning of the class.]

just saying all of those classes have better scaling of something than musa, fighting a 163 aap valk with 205 aap myself, i do fck all for dmg to him and he can kill me easily if he ccs me, i cant cc him unless i let him open up on me first....

balanced also means musa should be also able to take on all classes as long you do it right, for a fact i can tell you wont be doing anything against things like war/valk due to 360 no cc block and witch/wiz due to 100% super armour up time. balance is a relative term, what exactly are you comparing a musa to, to call it balanced?

Edited by Valient

Posted

just saying all of those classes have better scaling of something than musa, fighting a 163 aap valk with 205 aap myself, i do fck all for dmg to him and he can kill me easily if he ccs me, i cant cc him unless i let him open up on me first....

balanced also means musa should be also able to take on all classes as long you do it right, for a fact i can tell you wont be doing anything against things like war/valk due to 360 no cc block and witch/wiz due to 100% super armour up time. balance is a relative term, what exactly are you comparing a musa to, to call it balanced?

Valk do not have the 360 CC block on awakened block. Also, they are all about frontal guard, so once you break it, they are -----ed.

Warrior is the one we struggle with.

Posted

Valk do not have the 360 CC block on awakened block. Also, they are all about frontal guard, so once you break it, they are -----ed.

Warrior is the one we struggle with.

i can assure you its 360 no cc block, i've tried below the belt like 10 times on the same valk, could not cc him at all.

Posted

i can assure you its 360 no cc block, i've tried below the belt like 10 times on the same valk, could not cc him at all.

U can look at the skill tree for it, and I know i can use CC on them, as I don't have a problem kiling Valks at all.

I would say it's just an accuracy/lvl prob. Not sure otherwise

Posted

U can look at the skill tree for it, and I know i can use CC on them, as I don't have a problem kiling Valks at all.

I would say it's just an accuracy/lvl prob. Not sure otherwise

the 10x below the belts were done from behind on a 58 valk with 250dp while i was using tri kzarka/bhegs 2x duo rce and duo tree belt with precision gems in the kzarka, could not cc them at all.

however there have been cases where valks have said their block sometimes bugs out and lets cc through.

Posted (edited)

You sound salty that valk and warrior counter musa because you have no grab rather than looking at the overall balance of classes objectively..... Musas issue is it has no grab in exchange for the best mobility in the game, that is called balance. 

Have you ever thought that maybe you should generally not be focused on killin tanks but squishy targets instead?

Valk has no 360 block only warriors, unless they buffed it without adding it into patch notes. Valk also has the longest animations in the game on 2 of its skills and is super slow outside of its e buff dash ( that has one of the longest e buff cooldowns ) so if you are getting caught by one either you got caugt by wave of light or are misplaying how you engage.

If you wanted to be better at 1v1 maehwa is a better choice.

Edited by KeenEye

Posted

level 60 musa here, upper end of the top 1% gear (520apdp)

-- I also have a lvl 59 witch / 58 plum / 58 wizard / 57 ninja / 58 warrior / 56 tamer / you get the idea --

They do require a very good rig (currently using 7700k etc etc) and some periphs (I use foot pedals to control WW, HP pots, WP Pots)

PROs - 

PvE Grind Speed
    Open World PvP
    Dash spam 
    capable of 1 combo kills vs any class in the game 

CONs - 

Large Scale pvp success depends on your computer
   REALLY need to be level 60 (preferably 61 for last level of BtB)
   Combo Class... you have to be able to execute blade to Awakening combos back to blade
   Drinks WP pots nonstop to be efficient (i use over 400/hr) .. making Pirates my permanent home due to close vendors
   You need good internet .. Damage is tied to your frames which is tied to your internet and so you drop packets/frames you drop damage
   Very Gear reliant.. if you can't 1 combo someone, they can prolly reset the fight 

It goes on from there

The best classes in the game are - WItch/Wiz/Warrior/Sorc/Zerker right now.. If you're not one of those then.. you better be geared and good

Posted (edited)

You sound salty that valk and warrior counter musa because you have no grab rather than looking at the overall balance of classes objectively..... Musas issue is it has no grab in exchange for the best mobility in the game, that is called balance. 

Have you ever thought that maybe you should generally not be focused on killin tanks but squishy targets instead?

Valk has no 360 block only warriors, unless they buffed it without adding it into patch notes. Valk also has the longest animations in the game on 2 of its skills and is super slow outside of its e buff dash ( that has one of the longest e buff cooldowns ) so if you are getting caught by one either you got caugt by wave of light or are misplaying how you engage.

If you wanted to be better at 1v1 maehwa is a better choice.

best mobility, are you high? my war has more mobility both in non awakened form and awakened form, ever realise that musa's dash is not what it used to be in exchange for super armour, we have to spend stamina and wp, stamina can be regened but ever realise with 0 stamina you're dead because you cant block? so no dash and no block what do you do? and 2nd of all pls show me a video of this mobility one comboing any class, well you cant cos no matter how mobile you are you wont be ccing anyone with half a brain cell on how to play their class.... also you guys keep saying valk has 360 no cc block, do you ppl even fight valks?

ok for musa forget 1v1s? then big skirmishes with cc flying around? what do you do btb, crosscut, backflow then what? i know for a fact that does not one combo a decently geared player (this is with 205 aap).....

Edited by Valient

Posted (edited)

Mobility does not mean anything but flee in 1v1 or running around in GvG. Awakening gives too many SA and block (stupid 360 immune block war or wiz rotation - teleport - recharge) that mobility does not mean anything significant in 1v1. 

Musa flows is.... trash! Maehwa flow is much better. Slash dash... no protection, good damage after 5 seconds of no protection... Do I have to say how stupid Spinner is ???

Extra credit? No protection either. Previous skill to flow into has long cast and nothing there to ensure damage. Need to cc on the ground first or stun/stiff with all the super armor flying around.

Nemesis slash flow... eh? It pushes player before all the hits connect. WTF?

Foul play has amazing damage with at least frontal guard. But positioning matter. It is a good flow nonetheless, shame only lv59+ get it.

Edited by mickey3333

Posted

best mobility, are you high? my war has more mobility both in non awakened form and awakened form, ever realise that musa's dash is not what it used to be in exchange for super armour, we have to spend stamina and wp, stamina can be regened but ever realise with 0 stamina you're dead because you cant block? so no dash and no block what do you do? and 2nd of all pls show me a video of this mobility one comboing any class, well you cant cos no matter how mobile you are you wont be ccing anyone with half a brain cell on how to play their class.... also you guys keep saying valk has 360 no cc block, do you ppl even fight valks?

ok for musa forget 1v1s? then big skirmishes with cc flying around? what do you do btb, crosscut, backflow then what? i know for a fact that does not one combo a decently geared player (this is with 205 aap).....

I would argue the mobility point here.. I feel musa does have cleaner mobility for baiting abilities and counter-engaging vs Valk/Warrior

If you can't 1 combo a 283 dp target with 205 AP then something is wrong
 -- You're not level 60/61
 -- Your gearing is wrong and lacks accuracy (which should be stacked)
 -- Your combo execution/timing is wrong  

I fight a friend of mine who i consider to be one of the best geared Valks on NA pretty often, he's also around 330 DP as i type this, and I can 1 combo him in my siege gear that puts me at ~200 awakened AP  (using TRI Kutum, 2x TRI RCEs, TRI Tree belt, 2x TET Red Coral Rings, TET Zaka (2x precision))

Stub > DBite > Blind > Blooming > Rising > Projection > BtB > CCut > Backflow > Fiery -- usually dies somewhere in there, like most people that you can land the long combo on

I usually save crust crusher for the block when the valk ult is coming down, or to stop big damage in order to get an opening for CC Lock

Posted (edited)

Try watching this, it is a hard matchup but when playing vs valk you need to play like a valk. Wait, and look for openings to capitalize on.  Also, you can block by walking backwards. In fact, having aoe attacks makes it easier for you to get behind them and deal damage because you dont really have to aim.

Edited by KeenEye

Posted (edited)

I would argue the mobility point here.. I feel musa does have cleaner mobility for baiting abilities and counter-engaging vs Valk/Warrior

If you can't 1 combo a 283 dp target with 205 AP then something is wrong
 -- You're not level 60/61
 -- Your gearing is wrong and lacks accuracy (which should be stacked)
 -- Your combo execution/timing is wrong  

I fight a friend of mine who i consider to be one of the best geared Valks on NA pretty often, he's also around 330 DP as i type this, and I can 1 combo him in my siege gear that puts me at ~200 awakened AP  (using TRI Kutum, 2x TRI RCEs, TRI Tree belt, 2x TET Red Coral Rings, TET Zaka (2x precision))

Stub > DBite > Blind > Blooming > Rising > Projection > BtB > CCut > Backflow > Fiery -- usually dies somewhere in there, like most people that you can land the long combo on

I usually save crust crusher for the block when the valk ult is coming down, or to stop big damage in order to get an opening for CC Lock

well im using tri bhegs/zarka with precision gems duo tree belt 2x duo rce and true im not 60 but the ppl im fighting most of the time arent 60 either.

as for the valk video, yea thats how i fight valks at the moment instead of trying to cc them i just down their hp little by little, its hard when they start to turtle. and you can see godna chugging pots like crazy (so does the valk) but even with that pot chugging he barely keeps up with the valks damage if at all......

Edited by Valient

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0