• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Blade and Soul Launching in January, Is that hurt BDO

128 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Maybe a little, but the two games have very very different focuses. Many who like B&S won't like BDO anyways, and vice versa.

Edited by Noth

Posted

Blade and Soul is a few years too late, it's an outdated game attempting to launch (I am saying this after buying the cheapest Founders Pack and trying CBT).

It won't hurt at launch for sure, but if Black Desert keeps the super easy bosses/monsters... It might within 1 year. A lot of players who played Black Desert in KR already complained about pretty much every boss/monster being solo-able easily. That means at end-game where you normally expect 10-20 player raids, you'll still be soloing boring huge monster-looking punching bags with minimal effort. That is what will kill Black Desert (it pretty much did for Koreans too).

4 people like this

Posted

who cares about it ? we are here to play bdo not blade and soul ...

Posted

This bad new make me feel like a Mac :(

2 people like this

Posted

Excluding the MMO tourists for the first month or so after launch I don't think BnS's January launch will have much impact, both games will attract very different audiences, theme park folks who like small scale PVP will gravitate towards BnS where as Sandbox folks who like large scale PVP with guild politics will probably be more inclined to play BDO.

Posted (edited)

Community will split, many love B&S too.

Edited by Tantrik
1 person likes this

Posted

There will be some overlap, and some people who don't care about one or the other. I don't see it as direct competition myself. If BDO was f2P then there would be a bit of competition for the "jumpers" because they play all of them for some duration. But even then I don't think it would be a big deal.

The games are different enough that I don't think it's going to bother BDO at all.

Posted

BnS is way too outdated to compete with anything, just another f2p p2w cash grab for a year.

4 people like this

Posted

BnS is way too outdated to compete with anything, just another f2p p2w cash grab for a year.

WHAT? All beta key for B&S was out within half an hour.

Posted

WHAT? All beta key for B&S was out within half an hour.

Archeage was also full,queues went up to 12hours after launch. Now go on the archeage forum,50% about empty servers,40% about bugs/p2w, 10% p2w whales showing off their equipments and 1vsX oneshots.

Posted

Archeage was also full,queues went up to 12hours after launch. Now go on the archeage forum,50% about empty servers,40% about bugs/p2w, 10% p2w whales showing off their equipments and 1vsX oneshots.

I am playing both :D

1 person likes this

Posted

I was sure that was for march, im sure they rushed the release for BDO, scare maybe?

Posted

I am playing both :D

but how? I played until one week after auroria. I spent 300€ and still couldnt compete with delphinad weapon + full heroic GHA EQ. I just got oneshotted anyways and my guild couldnt even attempt castle siege because of the lag after auroria launch+ the extreme snowball from the p2w guilds that got the castles.

Posted

BnS is completely P2W why even care about its release?

Anyone can spent up to $9999 get the best weapon from cash shop then 1 shot everyone in Arena and PVP. Non stop healing in PVP which is annoying as ****. everything is too weaboo following japanese culture which is not my cup of tea so who cares.

when BnS gets released it will die within 6 months for sure. everyone will switch and come to play Black Desert for good

Posted

I'm sorry but Blade and Soul is way too late for NA/EU.  It's competitor is a game with superior everything from combat to pvp to the world omfg black desert online is mental.  This game is the best mmo in the last 10 years.  Sorry blade and soul, but they don't really have a chance x.x.  

2 people like this

Posted

Anyone can spent up to $9999 get the best weapon from cash shop then 1 shot everyone in Arena and PVP. Non stop healing in PVP which is annoying as ****. everything is too weaboo following japanese culture which is not my cup of tea so who cares.

when BnS gets released it will die within 6 months for sure. everyone will switch and come to play Black Desert for good

Who says BDO is not P2W, it is also a B2P pay to win game

Posted

Who says BDO is not P2W, it is also a B2P pay to win game

On the list of release it stated it will not have P2W items. where as Blade and Soul you can get the best items and all P2W stuff straight from the cash shop. stop trying to defend BnS its a crappy game made by greedy developers. Graphics > Everything

1 person likes this

Posted

I am not defending anything, It is a P2W game which u need to buy.

Posted

If I remember right arena is balanced gear o 3o 

Posted

Dunno, BnS is pretty late, but seems to have has less problems then BDO.

Those 3v3 arenas though are pretty fun..

Posted

Another BnS vs BDO topic..

BnS is at least 2 years overdue. If people want to play such an old game, they are free to do so.
Veterans have already been playing the game for years and they must get bored quickly.

Posted

I'm not sure why people care about this stuff. Do you have stock invested in one of the companies involved? >.> BnS is honestly pretty boring, and the character models are the stuff of nightmares. So if you want worse combat and uglier characters than BDO, I guess it's rad. I'll give it another try when it comes out (was zero percent impressed with the KR version), but expect to uninstall a day or two later.

1 person likes this

Posted

Another BnS vs BDO topic..

BnS is at least 2 years overdue. If people want to play such an old game, they are free to do so.
Veterans have already been playing the game for years and they must get bored quickly.

That's the problem with both BnS and Archeage.  They have been out forever in other regions and by the time they officially release overseas, they're so dated that the magic is gone. Archeage had a really good premise and had a lot of hype. Because it took so long, all of the hype died and the graphics were no longer good for the time. Same goes for BnS. People have been waiting for YEARS. Even Russia had English translations for people to get into it. Neither of these games have aged well and by releasing it so late, very few people would still care.

Posted

I'm glad it's coming out before BDO, all the pure pve-ers and carebears and themepark lovers can stick to that game and not ruin ours. so i wish them the best of luck and hope they enjoy blade and soul.

5 people like this