• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Blade and Soul Launching in January, Is that hurt BDO

128 posts in this topic

Posted

compared to BDO where all the beta keys was out within 5 minutes

Those BnS fanboys coming to Black Desert forums to find people that still want to play this old game.

Made me choke on my coffee.

Posted (edited)

I'll probably play BnS a little (let's say, when BDO servers are down for mainenance :P). But it is outdated and f2p. I'll never dump money into f2p games again (I did so in Archlord, and it was a terrible mistake...)

I rather think that BDO is a threat to BnS, since whoever buys BDO will play it anyways, while BnS is "free". most ppl will just try it out and play casually. In the short term BnS will have lots of players, but in the long term I dont think so.

Edited by Szergely
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

That's a wee bit much of a comment. There's people of all walks of life that play video games.

Enough with degrading people for their play-styles. I personally find myself in the middle of everything. But, I find comments like yours hostile, especially when I see people parroting them like they're gospel. If you really want any game to be successful, you'll leave that kind of mentality behind and embrace everyone.

Enough already. This US versus THEM mentality is so tiring...

Hey, dude or dudette, chill. 

Because he is right, you know?

BDO is not intended for carebears and this last months all these cancer of comunity want to come to DESTROY the BDO system (you know about the carebeared arranges for the karma system? well, that is thanks to the PvErs feedback in korea).

We want this game let be succesful without having to change its initial objectives. Is an hostile enviroment where you have top grow and cooperate with other players (even if this players can also turn into you and kill you any moment)

Because BDO is not a "middle of everything" play style, maybe yuo should think on going another game...   Here that there are PvE elements like word bosses or grinding areas, fights for nodes/castles/spots is just an excuse to make players regroup, play their part and fight for them.

BDO is not a 1vs1 competitive game nor should intendo to do just because some players want to enjoy solo this game as if was a console single player one. 

Those BnS fanboys coming to Black Desert forums to find people that still want to play this old game.

Made me choke on my coffee.

Those BnS fanboys coming to Black Desertr73VJe3.gif

Edited by Rahnxah

Posted

Do some research first. N2 in Kr (BD n34) and will score better then BDO in NA/EU 100% 

BDO will be boring after a few months, if they dont add or change PvE/PvP, which I doubt.

BNS is one of the most balanced pvp games there is. I'll pretty much guarantee that we'll become a part of the BNS world championship by next year as well

Yeah, Maple Story and Aion are in the top 10 in Korea as well. Where are those games in EU?

I like when ppl are telling how successful a game will be in the west based on KR top lists.

3 people like this

Posted

Ddon't be ignorant

http://gamelist.mmosite.com/area/NA.shtml

http://www.gamesradar.com/best-mmorpg/

http://www.mmosale.com/top-10-mmorpg-in-mar-p-4712.html

Check steam for Tera, check BnS forum for "fanboys"

I'm 100% certain that Blade and Soul will do better. I want BDO to do better. But being realistic that wont happen ¬¬

1st: MMO site's list is based on hits, meaning it's irrelevant how popular the actual game, since older games will win this chart.

2nd: Gamesradar's list seems to be a subjective one

3rd: I cannot see neither Aion, nor Maple Story in the list :P 

What I'm saying, korean toplist is somewhat irrelevant in the west.

Also, Tera's playerbase will decrease dramatically when BDO (and yea, BnS as well) comes out as there is nothing new in that game for very long time.

1 person likes this

Posted

BDO>BNS

Posted

Jesus christ, who cares about this bdo vs bns?, go play bns if you like p2w system and their target combat.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Im running a guild startup there and played all alphas and betas. I can tell you that the hype is real and many many people will play blade & soul. I have my doubts if the game has good mass pvp and if that will survive. This is why alot eyes are also on black desert but with the large gvg cost and high karma we dont know. I have my doubts for mass pvp at black desert too.

If it hurts the playerbase? Ofcource it does but were probaly talking about a small percentage of like 5-10%.

blade & soul has epic 1vs1 combat, wich wont get beaten anytime soon. And it has lyns wich attracts quite some people. And cartoony cute japanese style graphics are also cool. Voice acting is horrible though but dont expect this to be better here.

Edited by Konijntje

Posted

How is no one being utterly amused at how the B&S founder packages are nearly identical to the BDO packages, even though they're completely different games?

BDO is an open world game with vastly different combat to B&S, the latter also doesn't have a lot of the 'life' gameplay the former offers. Given the age difference and the very, very over the top Korean art style for B&S (which tries to out-tera Tera at times) they appeal to different audiences...

I still see BDO as more of an alternative/new game for Vindictus fans - BDO is basically Vindictus, but in a much more consistent open world. The only thing it sort of still lacks is proper PvE.

Posted

I'm 100% certain that Blade and Soul will do better. I want BDO to do better. But being realistic that wont happen ¬¬

I call BS. Can't believe there are so many fan boys defending that crap. BnS is completely Pay to Win aka Pay to Progression, unbalanced arena matches, dated graphics likes its a mmo from 2000s. trust me no one is going to bother with that crap

BDO in all aspects is better than BnS as a whole. Korean ranking proofs nothing when it comes to NA and EU btw. What korean likes has no affects on us westerners 

Posted (edited)

Not only Blade & Soul is going live soonish.. also Devilians, I think none of them will hurt BDO as this 3 games are different for different kind of players.

Edited by Quinoa

Posted

I'm glad it's coming out before BDO, all the pure pve-ers and carebears and themepark lovers can stick to that game and not ruin ours. so i wish them the best of luck and hope they enjoy blade and soul.

haha 100% true 

+10

:)

Posted

I think everyone who say here  on BDO forum BnS  beat BDO etc they just dont know, if they have true and they cant decided what they  will play. If BDO is bad so idk what u still doing here? Why u arent on BnS forum ? 

It is same like posting on iphone  forum  "samsung is better" lol (btw i have sony :D)

Posted

Those Asian MMO Rankings based on Internet cafe traffic again.

Echo of Soul was ranked 9th (!!). Over a lot of MMOs that are very successful in the west. You probably didn't even hear about that game, and if you did, I feel sorry for you. It's a great example of how carebears can ruin gameplay for PvPers.

Also, this BnS Tournament footage looks like Super Smash Bros.

We all know why BDO is ranked low in Korea, and we all know we won't get the same fail Korea did.

Posted

We all know why BDO is ranked low in Korea, and we all know we won't get the same fail Korea did.

you say that really easily, but i have my fears about that.

Posted

I call BS. Can't believe there are so many fan boys defending that crap. BnS is completely Pay to Win aka Pay to Progression, unbalanced arena matches, dated graphics likes its a mmo from 2000s. trust me no one is going to bother with that crap

BDO in all aspects is better than BnS as a whole. Korean ranking proofs nothing when it comes to NA and EU btw. What korean likes has no affects on us westerners 

i think both will have a fair share of audience but i think the playerbase in blade & soul will be bigger.....because its free...

Posted

i think both will have a fair share of audience but i think the playerbase in blade & soul will be bigger.....because its free...

B2P is a better pay model compare to F2P. Soon BnS will be infested with bots, gold sellers and hackers. The playerbase will only get smaller

1 person likes this

Posted

B2P is a better pay model compare to F2P. Soon BnS will be infested with bots, gold sellers and hackers. The playerbase will only get smaller

this all depends on how ncsoft will take action versus those bots etc. Youre right, b2p is a better pay model, but it doesn't take away that blade & soul will have more players.

Posted

but it doesn't take away that blade & soul will have more players.

Because it's free.

Quality over Quantity.
I'd rather play with a few thousand players less than having spoiled children and a bunch of trolls in the game.

2 people like this

Posted

Because it's free.

Quality over Quantity.
I'd rather play with a few thousand players less than having spoiled children and a bunch of trolls in the game.

yup, i agree.

Posted

BnS arena PvP is equalized, so gear literally doesn't matter.  Calling it P2W makes no sense at all.

Anyway BDO is its own worst enemy if they don't fix the issues in time for release.

2 people like this

Posted

I don't think blade and soul will effect bdo not unless they gave bdo a mega revamp from the Korean version the controls wasn't that fun and it already pay to win and there cash shop is like don't even go there lol

Posted

for BnS. people who pay will get an advantage buying items in the market and have discount buying items from npc.  I can spend $500 and convert it into in game gold through selling items from the cash shop to the community. I then can buy my materials through the broker to get the best weapon in game. with that people can clear dungeons faster than non paying users. that is totally P2W

Posted (edited)

Another BnS vs BDO topic..

BnS is at least 2 years overdue. If people want to play such an old game, they are free to do so.
Veterans have already been playing the game for years and they must get bored quickly.

That made little to no sense. WoW is more than outdated and it still has one of the biggest Community out there,lol. (-RPG is the Key word here!!)

If People wanna play BD or B&S , they'll do it (despite the 'Age crap'). 

Edited by Hie

Posted

B&S is totally diffrent than Black Desert. People who like instances and story will choose B&S and people who like open world and pvp go for Black desert.