• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Where's the catch up for the catch up mechanic?

31 posts in this topic

Posted

Seriously, why didn't they block the Olvia channels at 56 when ppl get their awakening?  Too many ppl churning out level 59 characters.  You'd actually be better off just making a new account and leveling on the Olvia channel to 59.  Money and gear is the easy part.

1 person likes this

Posted

Money and gear is the easy part.

lol wat

Posted

Money and gear is the easy part.

face-with-tears-of-joy.thumb.png.5ecb92d

Posted

Seriously, why didn't they block the Olvia channels at 56 when ppl get their awakening?  Too many ppl churning out level 59 characters.  You'd actually be better off just making a new account and leveling on the Olvia channel to 59.  Money and gear is the easy part.

wat? gear>levels

Posted

wat? gear>levels

there is no gear that is as strong as 2-3 levels more, lv58 to lv60 is a HUGE difference, check your skill descriptions.

I agree with the OP, lv59 is too crazy, skipping like a year of normal play.

if you're an older player that just kept logging in now and then, and now want to get some XP, it's the best to stop playing for a while to get this 500% exp bonus (not just 100% because it's the whole freaking week and not only weekends there).

2 people like this

Posted

think im just gonna stop playing for like 31 days to get my dark knight to 58.999% easy within that 30 days cause you all need to git gud go olivia too!

Posted

there is no gear that is as strong as 2-3 levels more, lv58 to lv60 is a HUGE difference, check your skill descriptions.

I agree with the OP, lv59 is too crazy, skipping like a year of normal play.

if you're an older player that just kept logging in now and then, and now want to get some XP, it's the best to stop playing for a while to get this 500% exp bonus (not just 100% because it's the whole freaking week and not only weekends there).

Id rather have the gear than the levels any day. The levels are the easy part. Being a level 60 with shit gear means nothing.

Posted

Id rather have the gear than the levels any day. The levels are the easy part. Being a level 60 with shit gear means nothing.

sure. still the point "gear > level" is false, the skills will give you like 50% more damage, try that with upgrading gear when you're already at duo or tri.

Posted

You'd actually be better off just making a new account and leveling on the Olvia channel to 59.  

Sure, and have to buy all new costumes, outfits, underwear, pets, horse whistle, etc. etc.,... oh wait, that's exactly what they want you to do :)

1 person likes this

Posted

xD wasting 1 year of playing..idk how you grind but if you need 1 year to hit up 59...you make some wrong..59 is fast to reach...you just need 30 hours of it (without boost and with fights on pirates)

Posted

If its any consolation. I get shit on by average gear (200 ap) level 60s on my level 58 high gear (227/224/298) wiz

Posted

Idi...nvm

Posted

xD wasting 1 year of playing..idk how you grind but if you need 1 year to hit up 59...you make some wrong..59 is fast to reach...you just need 30 hours of it (without boost and with fights on pirates)

words from an olvia kid. when i was still grinding, you needed weeks to get to 56 even.

fact is, on normal account you need like at least 10x the time that you need on olvia, because of the 24/7 bonus.

not that i would care... but the OP has a point. it's not a catchup anymore, they overtake existing players easily in shortest time.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

words from an olvia kid. when i was still grinding, you needed weeks to get to 56 even.

fact is, on normal account you need like at least 10x the time that you need on olvia, because of the 24/7 bonus.

not that i would care... but the OP has a point. it's not a catchup anymore, they overtake existing players easily in shortest time.

That time is long gone. This is literally like 10 months ago when you still needed that time for 56. I know it, because I grinded to 56 back then.

edit: That 56 is my tamer btw. I used to play her before ninja came out. I quit because they delayed it for so long and I got bored. Came back in december about 4 days before christmas and leveled my ninja from lvl 13-60. Hit 60 yesterday. Had some computer problems, without those it would've been one day earlier ;D

Olvia op

Edited by give ninja/kunoichi :3

Posted

there is no way you can reach 59 in 30 hours

Posted

then u realise u miss skill points many skill points

Posted

Stop focusing on the stupid "gear and money is the easy" part. Yes it is not true and stupid to say of the op. But he has a point the Olvia servers are ridiculously op for returning players or new players that know what they are doing and they ruin the game for new players who do not know what they are doing because they start off only grinding at sausans a few hours after they start playing. That leaves them with ridiculously low amounts of gear, energy, contribution and knowledge about the game that they struggle to advance and get frustrated or bored because they think grinding sausans is all there Is to the game. Seriously I recently read a reddit thread of a guy on Olvia servers who basically went sausans at lvl 51-52 or something and reached level 56 with ~70 ap, 40 energy and 20 contribution points. He didn't know what to do next, he said he wanted to get better gear but was already bored of grinding and did not want to go back to grind energy and contribution points. This Is horrible for the game. It is also not an enjoyable experience for the new players because the spots are so overfilled .   I have another example of a friend who started playing the game 1 month ago and is already 58. Guess what he stopped playing and personally I felt frustrated/cheated that he got 58 in month comparing to others older players. Seriously as others said there are enough catch up mechanics in this game, Olvia servers is not one of them it can easily be used to advance past players who played for way longer. It needs to be heavily nerfed or to be honest I would prefer them to be removed. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Also someone told me that there was a setting you can turn on to make the game auto control your character for you. It sends you character out and It will do your quests, kill plenty of mobs, loot everything, organized your loot and sell stuff accordingly and upgrade you skills as you lvl up and will also pvp if someone is in your area. Just wondering if someone could tell me how to turn that setting on?

Posted

Stop focusing on the stupid "gear and money is the easy" part. Yes it is not true and stupid to say of the op. But he has a point the Olvia servers are ridiculously op for returning players or new players that know what they are doing and they ruin the game for new players who do not know what they are doing because they start off only grinding at sausans a few hours after they start playing. That leaves them with ridiculously low amounts of gear, energy, contribution and knowledge about the game that they struggle to advance and get frustrated or bored because they think grinding sausans is all there Is to the game. Seriously I recently read a reddit thread of a guy on Olvia servers who basically went sausans at lvl 51-52 or something and reached level 56 with ~70 ap, 40 energy and 20 contribution points. He didn't know what to do next, he said he wanted to get better gear but was already bored of grinding and did not want to go back to grind energy and contribution points. This Is horrible for the game. It is also not an enjoyable experience for the new players because the spots are so overfilled .   I have another example of a friend who started playing the game 1 month ago and is already 58. Guess what he stopped playing and personally I felt frustrated/cheated that he got 58 in month comparing to others older players. Seriously as others said there are enough catch up mechanics in this game, Olvia servers is not one of them it can easily be used to advance past players who played for way longer. It needs to be heavily nerfed or to be honest I would prefer them to be removed. 

I agree with some of the points made here

olivia is bad because its basically daum tossing newbies with newbies, they cant get their questions answered and the returning players are usually idiots who also doesn't truely know the game.

if u put a group of idiots together, whats gonna happen???

I think they should limit the accessibility to olivia for new players to 1 week instead of a whole month.

Posted

I agree with you honestly. I've had several new players from the Olvia channels join my guild recently and they know basically nothing about the game aside from kill mobs for xp. Thankfully most of them are willing to learn but then my fellow officers are feeling the pressure because they are asking so many questions that black spirit or random quests would have explained along their journey, if they weren't given the xp hand over fist. They need to do some blocks in the way the Olvia channels work like perhaps the bonus xp stops working at 56 or maybe even 57, as it stands 59 is just not cool at all. 

Posted

I like how everyone focused on the Gear and Money part.  If you think money is hard to get in this game, then maybe you are a product of the Olvia channels.  As for gear, you can get full Tri Grunil in a few hours.  Liverto is easy to get, so even assuming you don't buy all your gear, you can get tri everything and pri accessories within a week of just gathering money.  Now tell me that a player coming out of Olvia hitting 59 on the 1st mob he kills with 185+AP and 250+DP isn't going to push you out of pirates.  Those levels matter.  Now, the fact that you can do field bosses, Night Vendor, just buy of the Marketplace or Gold Chest all the boss gear makes it even easier.

Posted

The problem with Olvia is that there are 4 channels and a LOT of players in it. I can't help but wonder if maybe the lack of grindable mobs due to having so many people farming the same spots doesn't offset the +100% exp bonus...

1 person likes this

Posted

Ya you have no clue what you are talking about.

Money and gear is not the easy part..... Getting the required energy, the contribution points,  the skill points for your characters to even be able to use awakening at 59 lol that alone will take awhile considering you easy moded to 59.  So you have no SP.  Having full boss armor and boss weapons with TRI and good accessories.... you are talking about billions of silver, and luck.

Grinding the required SP will take you a long time.

Posted

lulz never hit 1 feet on these. To get 56 u don't need 1 day..

Posted

Ya you have no clue what you are talking about.
Money and gear is not the easy part..... Getting the required energy, the contribution points,  the skill points for your characters to even be able to use awakening at 59 lol that alone will take awhile considering you easy moded to 59.  So you have no SP.  Having full boss armor and boss weapons with TRI and good accessories.... you are talking about billions of silver, and luck.

Grinding the required SP will take you a long time.

Let's say you are a witch or wizard.  By time you hit 56, you'll have the sp to get all of your abilities.  Leveling from 1-59 is how much money?  I'm not even on those channels and I got my 4 piece boss set (minus Tree) from the night vendor and got it all to TRI in less than a month.  That was stopping due to my frustration and lack of stones.  CP, seriously?  cap on CP is 300, so aside from the easy mode dailies, 1 night AFK making beer and you have enough turn-ins to get you enough CP for most stuff.  So, the only thing that's really hard in this equation is energy.  Which is only used for the NV.

Are we even playing the same game?

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0