• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Considering a Warrior - Better with Awakening?

13 posts in this topic

Posted

Heya everyone!

I I tried out the warrior back in the beta days and after returning to the game a few weeks ago, I went ahead and rolled a witch instead.  At the time, I hated how slow the class felt and as someone with only 137/174 GS, I was told warrior would require a much better set of gear to be effective.  I'm a semi-casual player so getting full TET seams very unlikely for the near future.

Anyways, I love playing melee classes but as I've been leveling a warrior alt, he again feels very slow and that so many of his skills aren't very useful.  From what I've seen, the awakening weapon and skills make it much quicker in mobility, adds a great deal to PvE farming, and makes the class pretty much tops on 1v1 PvP.

As someone who will be working with my guild on PvP and really likes a fast-paced/high mobility class, is the warrior something I should just stick out and work towards 56?

Posted

In fact warrior needs less gear then other classes to deal same damage.

Posted

So similar to the witch then?

Posted

Not rly similar to witch...

But yes. With lower stats u can do pretty well... It's rly good 1v1, XvX and 1vX class. 

But yea, I would say for PVE it's not that great, coz of higher cooldowns of skills that are rly good at pve. 

If you want really fast PVE class, try Musa... But for me I'd say it's super boring... :) 

Posted

It depends what you want.... if you want to be high end with lower stats you cant. Plain and simple. If you want to grind effectively then you can, and have fun at node wars.

Posted

But yes. With lower stats u can do pretty well... It's rly good 1v1, XvX and 1vX class. 

But yea, I would say for PVE it's not that great, coz of higher cooldowns of skills that are rly good at pve. 

If you want really fast PVE class, try Musa... But for me I'd say it's super boring... :) 

Agree, warrior is not that great in PVE against weak mobs, but pretty nice at higher lvl areas in valencia, at 190ap i need around 2-3 skills to kill basilisks

Posted

Well, for comparison purposes then, my witch is currently level 56 (almost 57) and I can run around pirates or sausans with 137 AP/ 175 DP and pretty much mow down groups of mobs.  With that poison AoE she drops, followed by my 1-5 skill rotation, the groups dead.  Her teleport makes it quick to jump from group to group without much downtime.  Also, as she can regen health/mana, I have very little need for pots unless I get into a very bad situation.

I watched a level 58 warrior in my group at pirates the other day do pretty much the same thing as he flew from group to group and just dropped hell down on them.  It looked really fun!  Don't get me wrong, I like the witch (and her snarky animations) but I'd much rather be playing a melee class.  Also, I'm not a huge fan of playing female characters.

I've tried the other classes (Musa, Maewah, Valk) and just got bored with them too quickly.  I have no real interest in a Ninja.

So... with all that, is the Warrior a good option?  I'm mainly just afraid of putting all that work into a character only to be disappointed once I reach 56.

Posted

The awakening definitely makes Warrior strong and much more competitive farming in PVE. Not gonna lie, the grind to 56 with non-awaken will be hell as it is quite slow - try to group grind so you don't feel like killing yourself (I did 1-56 before the pre-awaken buffs - it might be ok now...).

The only problem warrior would have compare to PVE grinding is obviously what you said - the Witch has far better combo options that are op and to stop the mobs resetting you need to keep hitting them so on the warrior you need more AP IMO to do this.

Why not a wizard if you don't like female characters?

Posted

to get 56 is ez now hell even 57 is not hard to get now, warrior is good node wars but kinda slower then other classes in pve

Posted (edited)

The awakening definitely makes Warrior strong and much more competitive farming in PVE. Not gonna lie, the grind to 56 with non-awaken will be hell as it is quite slow - try to group grind so you don't feel like killing yourself (I did 1-56 before the pre-awaken buffs - it might be ok now...).

The only problem warrior would have compare to PVE grinding is obviously what you said - the Witch has far better combo options that are op and to stop the mobs resetting you need to keep hitting them so on the warrior you need more AP IMO to do this.

Why not a wizard if you don't like female characters?

That's pretty much how it has felt so far - hell!  I've tried to level a warrior a few times and never really make it that far.  It just feels so much more boring than I would have expected.  The Musa was really fun, quick and exciting but felt so under-powered at about the mid 40's.  Course, I didn't have the best of gear back then.  Also, I can't stand the idea of putting away those amazing sword animations for that stupid pole-arm.  Oh, and why the witch over the wizard?  I didn't want to look like Gandalf.  When I came back to the game, I didn't know you can make a "young" wizard.  That, and with all the hate towards the class right now, I'd rather avoid them.

to get 56 is ez now hell even 57 is not hard to get now, warrior is good node wars but kinda slower then other classes in pve

That sucks to hear!  I love playing a class that is quick and moves around the battlefield.  If any of you played a D/D Ele from GW2, you'll know pretty much what I'm looking for.

Edited by StriderBDO

Posted

Since warriors are so good, what do you do when you get grabbed by a ranger, cced by a sorc or wizard? you get one shoted

Even a tammer/ninja one shots warriors these days.

Posted

in this game most classes one shot other if u get cc'd ur pretty much dead anyways

Posted

Since warriors are so good, what do you do when you get grabbed by a ranger, cced by a sorc or wizard? you get one shoted

Even a tammer/ninja one shots warriors these days.

a good ninja with half decent ap could always 1 shot a warrior.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0